Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,262 members, 7,957,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:33 PM

0keyxyz's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 0keyxyz's Profile / 0keyxyz's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Religion / Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith by 0keyxyz(m): 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2013
mollie12:
When exactly did Jesus Christ become equal to the Law?

This is the foundation of christianity. Jesus became the personification of the Law(Matthew 5:17 ), therefore his crucifixion became the crucifixion(and therefore abolishment) of The Law. So the Law being dead to us or we dead to it, we no longer base our morality on it but declare and exercise our liberty from it's values and standards.
Religion / Re: Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by 0keyxyz(m): 1:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
^^^

Thus people of this "belief" in "no god" gather to share logics, arguments, doctrines and testimonies. Hell!! they even make offerings & tithes contributions towards their cause and the spread of this "gospel".

Please tell me again: what do religions do?
Religion / Re: Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by 0keyxyz(m): 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
@illogicboy,

Atheism is the belief that there is no god. grin grin

Please what part of the bolded don't you understand??
Religion / Check Out This Religion Of Atheism by 0keyxyz(m): 9:56am On Apr 29, 2013
So what is a religion if not a set of doctrines/teachings for gathering and organising people of common philosophical outlook on life, in this case Atheism.

And they tell us: "Atheism is not a religion" grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNn-9hw2YCc
Religion / Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith by 0keyxyz(m): 9:16am On Apr 29, 2013
mollie12:

I don't see the crucifixion of Christ in your first comment. Please people let's get out of the habit of twisting scripture to fulfil our lustful desires. Its a very dangerous habit. Study the bible thoroughly - you'll be able to get out a proper statement of faith. That you are alternative or non-conformist does not mean you are right.

"Christ crucified" means: The Law crucified/abolished.

"To the Jews a stumbling block" means: Christians of the Law(The Jews) will be offended(call it sinful) by this new gospel
TV/Movies / Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by 0keyxyz(m): 11:23pm On Apr 28, 2013
Religion / Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by 0keyxyz(m): 9:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
tintingz: Ok tongue grin
Back to the topic can you tell us if Jesus is the same as God or not? Thanks

Yes!! Jesus is the same as God, but you(infact, virtually everybody) don't understand the whole concept of god. the scripture says: "God is spirit...(John 4:24 )". So what is spirit? Spirit means: mindset or behaviour, instead of a "ghost" as we interpret it. So the person who exercises this mindset becomes god in person. So by their behaviour(thoughts, words and actions) you shall identify them. If god appeared to you today you'd not identify him by physical looks but you'd surely identify him by his words and actions, likewise other people who behave in like manner are gods(or sons of god) too.

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God(Romans 8:14 ).

For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God(Romans 8:19 ).
Religion / Re: Will There Ever Be A Second Coming Of Christ? by 0keyxyz(m): 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
*Kails*:

[size=20pt]?[/size]

Sorry for my previous "monologue". Looking at it now, I seem not to come across with the right communication as I intended. But bottom line is we misinterpret because we look at Jesus's words literally and are therefore misled. but this is not "our" fault because jesus hid his messages(in parables, in symbols in the OT) on purpose until the appointed time for their revelation and fulfilment.

So jesus saying "some of you will be alive..." means that some people will preach and practice the true christinity(that is not according to the Law of Moses which kills but of the spirit of liberty which gives life) when god manifests again in human form. This defintely means that mainstream christianity is based on shadows and lies(The law of moses) and only a few people shall know the truth. These true christians will hope for physical eternal life, ie: no death, unlike mainstream christianity which hopes for death(they don't beleive in physical immortality).
Religion / Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by 0keyxyz(m): 7:13pm On Apr 28, 2013
tintingz:
Jesus himself said no one has seen God!

John 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

If Jesus is the same as God(who they have all heard his voice and seen him) then these above verse is a LIE??

If Jesus himself says "No one has seen the Father...", that goes to support my case that the jews(and christians who hold on to the laws of Moses) are simply chasing "shadows", thinking it is the truth of god.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by 0keyxyz(m): 7:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
tintingz: cut the crap! GOD said he is not a man nor son of man in OT bible...what makes the jews hate christians?

So this is "crap" because it's not in line with your agenda abi? You come here pretending to ask a question for descussion and enlightenment purposes, but the moment your agenda is threatened by spiritual truth, you turn to ridicule and supression.

And jews hate christians because they interpret scriptures differentfly. Each thinks the other has got it wrong and I(as a christian) believe the Jews(and most christians, who still interpret scripture according to the Law of Moses) are chasing shadows with their old testament while christianity has transcended shadows and moved on to spiritual truth. Know that christian doctrine has never claimed to be one with Judaism, so you subject yourself to chasing shadows when you try to lump them together simply on the basis that they have a common ancestory. You cannot judge christianity by the doctrines of judaism. Simples!!
Religion / Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by 0keyxyz(m): 4:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
@OP

The passage in Numbers 23:19 is misunderstood by all because they interpret it literally instead of spiritually. What it means is that God does not operate by human values/traditions/morality/flesh, a.k.a the Law of Moses.

2 Likes

Culture / Re: Having Babies For The Dead, What's Your Take? by 0keyxyz(m): 10:27am On Apr 28, 2013
btw @nne3870, I don't understand your signature. Care to explain?? ie: the 6ft part. smiley
Culture / Re: Having Babies For The Dead, What's Your Take? by 0keyxyz(m): 10:24am On Apr 28, 2013
nne3870:
I doubt if the biological father can lay claims over the children.
Enlighten me please I want to know how possible it is.

*kails*:

^^^ same here

like I said before, if this biological father whom we can safely assume is an adult, wants children from this woman, then he should follow the customs(also assuming that he is not a total i.diot but is fully aware of the customs) and negotiate some "contract" with her or marry her outright, End of story. One cannot start a "no strings attached" s.exual relationship with a widow and being fully aware that this relationship has no legal foundation, then suddenly turn around after some years to claim some "fatherly" rights that he was never entitled to in the first place. By customs, the legal father of a child is the one in whose house(and name) a child was born by his wife, whether or not such child was actually sired by an outsider. The man who is trying to claim children he never planned for from the beginning is simply trying to "eat his cake and have it as well".

1 Like

Culture / Re: Having Babies For The Dead, What's Your Take? by 0keyxyz(m): 4:30pm On Apr 27, 2013
nne3870:
Yes! Especially if he died without having a son, some women are forced to stay and have babies who must bear the man's name. The original father can't lay claims over the children.

*Kails*:
really? huh
i dont want to disrespect anyone's culture but from my pov that's kinda strange.
i mean not even their biological fathers can do anything about it..Kinda sad. undecided

If this biological father wants to claim children, then he should marry(make it legal) this woman and have as many children as he wants with her. That is tradition. Even in U.S and Europe whom you guys claim to imitate, being a biological father does not make you a legal father. The state has power to take children away from biological parents and give them over to another whom it considers a more worthy parent role. This is simply hypocrisy when you pretend that the west whom you idolize don't exercise state powers, just as we exercise customary laws/powers. The law still overrules nature in both cases.
Religion / Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by 0keyxyz(m): 1:58pm On Apr 27, 2013
@All,

In christianity there are two categories of believers, and within these beliefs there are different shades. You are either a Law Abider(this is the majority) or you are a new testament(without the law) christian. For me: I am 100-percent new testament, which means I am against the Law and the Law is against me. I am poor in the law(the Flesh) but rich in the spirit. I do not define morality based on the law because it is all shadows and lies, and anybody who follows them follows the lie.

The Law when interpreted by a spiritually minded person is "good and holy" but we know that the law was given to carnally(who do literal interpretations, or interprete according to the "flesh" ) minded people, therefore this law becomes an instrument for sin. But I as a spiritually minded person interprete the law perfectly, knowing that they are "shadows" and that the real substance needs to be decoded from these shadows and dark sayings and symbols. I know the true message of what the law is saying, therefore i disregard what the law is "supposed" to be saying and follow the truth(spirit).

Where the law says "God", it is a shadow. Where the law says "mother and father", it is a shadow, Where it says "Israel", it is a shadow, where the law says "good", it is also a shadow, etc. So I cannot follow the definitions and morality of the law. This is the meaning of Liberty in Christ Jesus. It is a liberty from the Law.

3 Likes

Culture / Re: Having Babies For The Dead, What's Your Take? by 0keyxyz(m): 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2013
This case is colored with your biases, therefore is either deliberately misleading or based on assumptions due to ignorance.

You say they are reduced to prostitutes? How so? Does a woman become a prostitute because she continues to have s.ex after her husband has passed away? Clearly, this seems to be your mindset, So if paradventure you lose your husband then you must remain celibate for the rest of your life. Does this woman whose husband is late not have the right to choose anybody of her own liking as a bedmate? Is it not her choice whether to remarry or remain in the family of her late husband, have s.ex and children in the name of the husband?

You also claim these children grow up without a father figure? How do you conviniently forget that we practiced(and still do) an extended family system where fathers, uncles, aunties are responsible for the upbringing of children. How then can they not have a father figure? Who says a father figure must be one's own biological or leagal father?
Culture / Nigerians And The "Working Class" Mentality by 0keyxyz(m): 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2013
This is just a short rant. No time to heap loads of logic and references to pasuade Nigerians to change this "working class" description that everyone uses freely without giving it any thought.

[size=13pt]You are not WORKING-CLASS, you are MIDDLE-CLASS[/size]

Nigerians should please stop embarassing me tongue with this intellectual laziness. At least google WORKING-CLASS or use a dictionary, be sure of the meaning of words before you broadcast your ignorance opinions to everybody. We do this everytime: on the internet, on air(radio & Tv), in social gatherings, You see well educated, universty trained nigerians who are well employed(well paid with great corporate benefits ) as a result of their qualifications, yet they describe themselves and others of same priviledge as WORKING-CLASS. Gosh!!! you are MIDDLE-CLASS. A working-class person is an unskilled or low-skilled person doing a job(usually low paid) that does not require advanced intellectual qualifications/capabilities. Eg: craftmanships, carpentry, factory workers, manual labourers, market traders, etc.
Religion / Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by 0keyxyz(m): 3:27am On Apr 26, 2013
i.chuka:
whosoever is born of a man,of blood,and of the will of a man can't upholds Gods Law. because Gods Law is Holy and it takes a Holy man to keep/uphold the Law of God. who then is Holy? None,expect the Law Giver Himself,and He will uphold/fullfill His Law in and through us if we Believe!that's the Gospel,which is GRACE!!

Jesus has already fulfilled and abolished the law through his death. Therefore we don't owe the law anything, as it is no longer valid to a christian. Grace was not given to help us keep the laws. Grace is precisely the fact that we are no longer under this law, We no longer define right and wrong based on the law, let alone trying to keep it. Therefore, we CANNOT sin by disregarding the law, rather we make ourselves sinners when we disregard grace and go back to define morality based on the law, because the power of sin is the law(1 Corinthians 15:56 ).

2 Likes

TV/Movies / Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by 0keyxyz(m): 1:32am On Apr 26, 2013
TerraCotta:
I think Daenerys Targaryen's kind of predictable too. You could see the greed of the slave dealer ending in a flamebath from the first episode. I understand that they want to portray her as intelligent and scheming but I've always had difficulty believing in her transformation from brother's sidekick/slave to Dothraki queen to new head of an invincible slave/free army. Arya Stark has a more believable character arc to me.

Jon Snow's half-Wildling so I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls off some sort of alliance between the free folk and the Seven Kingdoms beyond the wall. I haven't read the books; maybe this storyline has already been settled there.

Bros, you need to read the books to get proper understanding of the stories, then your impressions will be different. For me, after the end of season-1, I was already "hooked" and went in search of the books(five of them, so far..). But the downside for me is: after reading the books, i realize that the films were not meeting my expectations to replicate the stories properly and infact were changing a lot of the contexts. So i just stopped watching Game of Thrones altogether. embarassed

Mehn!! the books are "something else" cheesy cheesy. Much! much!! better!!!
You get to now the characters much more intimately and love or hate them. For me, I am now routing for Jon Snow, Rob Stark, Tyrion Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen(She's the only person "I'm sure" will survive the whole saga), Arya Stark, and the hound(surprisingly cheesy ).

Now I'm "hating" GRRM for getting me hooked and leaving me stranded until when the next book will be out.

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.