Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution (19468 Views)

Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency / Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown / Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by taharqa: 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I think I am clear in what I said.

In 2011, the total spent on subsidy, according to Okonjo-Iweala, was in the ballpark of Naira 1.3 Trillion. However, according to the same woman, by June of 2011, the Nation had already exhausted the Naira 888 Billion allocated for subsidy for this year( that's in about 5 months). And all this during the same time this same Government has continually claimed that it has been working hard at CLOSING UP ALL HOLES to stop the thieves from continuing to loot the system. So, you tell me . . on the way to solving corruption by removing subsidy, right?
For God's sake i was talking bout d TOTAL REMOVAL of d subsidy dat GEJ always wantd to do even b4 d electn.re u actuali saying dat if d subsidy was totali removed, there wud still hv bn d 'govt' monies to steal?will d private sector, who wud actuali be in full charge of importatn nd sales, be stealing dier own monies?....d significance of dis point was dat if d president was d chief proponent of d TOTAL removal of subsidy 4rm d very start of his presidency well b4 d electn, nd actuali went ahead to put d goodwill he was enjoyin den nd in sm ways his presidency ON THE LINE to remove d subsidy months into his term over huge opposition(includin myself), how can an argument b nw made dat he was d chief beneficiary of subsidy- esp nw dat he has startd to prosecute d subsidy 'thief'?
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Stallion77(f): 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2012
Padipadi: Another drama- ds subsidy suspects get balls o!
Let's keep enjoying the fresh air.

Very great balls!
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Pergrace: 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2012
Subsidy scam suspects granted bail.

A Lagos High court sitting in Ikeja on Thursday granted bail to the sons of the former and serving national chairman of the People’s Democratic Party(PDP), Ahmadu Ali and Bamaga Tukur, and some other suspects indicted in the oil subsidy scam.

Mamman Nasir Ali, Mahmud Tukur, and two others were granted bail by Justice Adeniyi Onigbanjo in the sum of N20 million each with two sureties in like sum, one of the sureties according to the court must be a blood relation and another a level sixteen officer in the Federal or State civil service.

The court also held that one of the sureties must own a property worth N100 million in Lagos and that the title of the said property must be registered with the state land registry and the sureties must present to the court’s registrar a three years tax clearance.

Justice Onigbanjo also ordered the defendants who also included Ochonogor Alex and Christian Taylor to deposit their travel passports with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), which can only be released to them on the orders of the court.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/26/subsidy-scam-court-grants-bail-to-suspects/
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Kobojunkie: 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2012
taharqa: For God's sake i was talking bout d TOTAL REMOVAL of d subsidy dat GEJ always wantd to do even b4 d electn.re u actuali saying dat if d subsidy was totali removed, there wud still hv bn d 'govt' monies to steal?will d private sector, who wud actuali be in full charge of importatn nd sales, be stealing dier own monies?....d significance of dis point was dat if d president was d chief proponent of d TOTAL removal of subsidy 4rm d very start of his presidency well b4 d electn, nd actuali went ahead to put d goodwill he was enjoyin den nd in sm ways his presidency ON THE LINE to remove d subsidy months into his term over huge opposition(includin myself), how can an argument b nw made dat he was d chief beneficiary of subsidy- esp nw dat he has startd to prosecute d subsidy 'thief'?

ONCE AGAIN . . . ..

In 2011, the total spent on subsidy, according to Okonjo-Iweala, was in the ballpark of Naira 1.3 Trillion. However, according to the same woman, by June of 2011, the Nation had already exhausted the Naira 888 Billion allocated for subsidy for this year( that's in about 5 months). And all this during the same time this same Government has continually claimed that it has been working hard at CLOSING UP ALL HOLES to stop the thieves from continuing to loot the system. So, you tell me . . on the way to solving corruption by removing subsidy, right?

Also, Jonathan did not come up with the "TOTAL SUBSIDY REMOVAL" plan. That plan has been in since Obasanjo era, and it was eventually decided it would be done in phases. I am not sure of what you mean by Before election. The only person that stopped total subsidy removal was Jonathan Goodluck himself. From his refusal to investigate the current situation to at least present the Nigerian people with solid evidence that total removal was needed, to his refusal to investigate the payments that had been made. All that contributed a greater deal to the non-success of his plan.

I don't see why you should now pretend it was all everybody else's fault and that the plan was perfect. Jonathan waited till right after the Election to swing the subsidy removal plan on Nigerians. Even After months of calls for investigation, especially calls that cited the KPMG reveals, the administration ALL OUT REFUSED TO INVESTIGATE, to at least PROVE to the people that whatever suffering that may come would not be in vain.
Okonjo Iweala in on record to have made silly statements suggesting that Nigerian poor did not benefit at all from subsidy and so an increase would not affect them that much. It is even claimed that she said most transport units run on diesel and so would not be affected in anyway. We all know that was all balderdash as no sooner had the prices at the pumps increased than the poor Nigerians started to realize they were in for serious hardship if nothing was done immediately. If you are not aware of what happened in January, even in parts of the country where people refused to protest, please use google to your advantage.

Like I said before.

[quote author=Kobojunkie]

Not to jump in the middle of your squabble with whomever it is you are throwing this out to but technically, there is still no proof that removing subsidy would have reduced level of corruption.[size=13pt] On paper, that argument would make sense but reality is, even though the nation spent about a month this year(2012) paying full price at the pumps, and about the last 6 months paying(we are still in July here) the new Naira 97 price, according to Iweala, the fact is the Nation has racked up a bill even greater than it did before the removal.
[/size]
[/quote
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by oiseworld: 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2012
Kobojunkie:

um . . . . what has the one to do with the other? The prosecution of those listed had been recommended for months, but the process was delayed for some unknown reason. Now that it is finally being done, why are you trying to suggest that the impeachment attempts, which came after months of shouts that those listed be prosecuted and those found guilty made to pay back every single dime, came as a result of the prosecutions? Are you sure you are not the one in need of some help here?

i expected you'd quote jp phillips to make this comment, but rather you quoted mine. Are u trully for the good of this country? If the long awaited trial has started, let it continue to the last.

Farook or no farook, it will continue.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Kobojunkie: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2012
oiseworld:

i expected you'd quote jp phillips to make this comment, but rather you quoted mine. Are u trully for the good of this country? If the long awaited trial has started, let it continue to the last.

Farook or no farook, it will continue.

Again, what has the one to do with the other? Impeachment can continue even as prosecution continues. I am not sure what world you live in where it can only be the one or the other. Stop pretending please that there is some LINK where there is none. The very same people who were calling for prosecution to begin happen also to be the ones calling for impeachment to also start. So, your point, whatever it is, is moot at best.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by oiseworld: 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2012
Kobojunkie:

ONCE AGAIN . . . ..

Also, Jonathan did not come up with the "TOTAL SUBSIDY REMOVAL" plan. That plan has been in since Obasanjo era, and it was eventually decided it would be done in phases. I am not sure of what you mean by Before election. The only person that stopped total subsidy removal was Jonathan Goodluck himself. From his refusal to investigate the current situation to at least present the Nigerian people with solid evidence that total removal was needed, to his refusal to investigate the payments that had been made. All that contributed a greater deal to the non-success of his plan.

I don't see why you should now pretend it was all everybody else's fault and that the plan was perfect. Jonathan waited till right after the Election to swing the subsidy removal plan on Nigerians. Even After months of calls for investigation, especially calls that cited the KPMG reveals, the administration ALL OUT REFUSED TO INVESTIGATE, to at least PROVE to the people that whatever suffering that may come would not be in vain.
Okonjo Iweala in on record to have made silly statements suggesting that Nigerian poor did not benefit at all from subsidy and so an increase would not affect them that much. It is even claimed that she said most transport units run on diesel and so would not be affected in anyway. We all know that was all balderdash as no sooner had the prices at the pumps increased than the poor Nigerians started to realize they were in for serious hardship if nothing was done immediately. If you are not aware of what happened in January, even in parts of the country where people refused to protest, please use google to your advantage.

Like I said before.

kobo, even TB Joshua doesn't have a solution to your problem of being atracted to d negative.

Least i ask, are uin Nigeria or u're far away somewhere washing plates, because its ovious you're not abrest with the Nigerian economy.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by delords2: 12:57pm On Jul 27, 2012
That must be an unwise threat:Desist from prosecuting them or face a full disclosure of how they funneled close to $1 billion towards his 2011 presidential campaign through the oil resources minister Diezani Allison-Madueke and the Minister for the Niger Delta, Godsday Orubebe.[/color]. As if a pastor collecting tithe will have time to ask how the money was gotten. They willingly decided to sponsor the campaign of those they feel will provide an unlimited access to the nations treasury as it as always been in the past. We no send them - they will be probed to the last. [size=16pt][color=#990000]Idiots[/size]
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by delords2: 12:58pm On Jul 27, 2012
That must be an unwise threat:Desist from prosecuting them or face a full disclosure of how they funneled close to $1 billion towards his 2011 presidential campaign through the oil resources minister Diezani Allison-Madueke and the Minister for the Niger Delta, Godsday Orubebe. As if a pastor collecting tithe will have time to ask how the money was gotten. They willingly decided to sponsor the campaign of those they feel will provide an unlimited access to the nations treasury as it as always been in the past. We no send them - they will be probed to the last. Idiots.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Hugoboi(m): 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2012
[b][/b]
Billyonaire: Omoyele Sowore, has been jobless in New York for years and when he started Sahara Reporters, we thought it was for the real positive change and revolution in Nigeria. But the highest bidders have "settled" him to sponsor campaigns of negativism. What is the essence of reporting rumours ? Sahara Reporter has become the mouth-piece of the Islamist Boko Haram and Oil cabals have enriched him, he now lives in highbrow New York suburb and uses the website to propagate negativism against Nigeria and Nigerians. Are you supporting the actions of the Cabal ? if GEJ is being threatened by the Subsidy thieves that are being brought to judgement, why are you reporting blackmails. Sahara Reporters insulted the President and called for probe of Subsidy thieves. And the President went into action to prosecute the thieves, and Sowore is now on rampage to trade rumours for a life in New York from the stipends he gets from his masters, the enemies of our Unity. Come back home Sowore and struggle with us to make Nigeria great, or shut the fvck and live your life in NY

Vintage Billyonaire. Outstanding irrationality and daftness personified
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Kobojunkie: 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2012
oiseworld:

kobo, even TB Joshua doesn't have a solution to your problem of being atracted to d negative.

Least i ask, are uin Nigeria or u're far away somewhere washing plates, because its ovious you're not abrest with the Nigerian economy.

El moronicus, are you sure I am the one attracted to the negative here? You are the one here making daft-blind attempts to connect two unrelated issues through your posts and I am simply pointing out that you cannot rationally do that. Now you are making inane attempts to throw ECONOMICS into this too?

In all I have stated, all you have to do is challenge whatever you think is untrue and we go from there. You probably need to go get yourself checked anyways, after your revelation on your thinking process on the other thread, the other day, I probably understand you and the way you think a bit more now. And yes, it is sad . . . . but Nigerians like you are part of the Nigerian deal . . unfortunately.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Kobojunkie: 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2012
Hugoboi: [/b]

Vintage Billyonaire. [b]Outstanding irrationality and daftness personified

Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by oiseworld: 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Again, what has the one to do with the other? Impeachment can continue even as prosecution continues. I am not sure what world you live in where it can only be the one or the other. Stop pretending please that there is some LINK where there is none. The very same people who were calling for prosecution to begin happen also to be the ones calling for impeachment to also start. So, your point, whatever it is, is moot at best.

TRULLY YOU'RE CONFUSSED.
Stop reling on sahara reporters for information, they can not help you. I followed this topic to this lenght and i noticed you've been educated well enough to understand the situation of things.

So stop playing ignorance. I can't help you either.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Kobojunkie: 1:09pm On Jul 27, 2012
oiseworld:

TRULLY YOU'RE CONFUSSED.
Stop reling on sahara reporters for information, they can not help you. I followed this topic to this lenght and i noticed you've been educated well enough to understand the situation of things.

So stop playing ignorance. I can't help you either.

Eejit . . . I did not once comment on the article. If you really followed this thread as you claim, you would have figured that out by now, but I guess it is easier for you to LIE that you did so you can posture to earn for yourself some brownie point but sorry . . none for you.

I did not make a single comment on the content of the original article - I didn't even read the article, even to this point because if you note from the point I came in, You will note that I joined in on a discussion that was going on, mostly unrelated to the main article. Try again next time!
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by dtemidare: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2012
Pukkah: This promises to be interesting. It is not like these allegations are totally new but it is cheering that their camp is falling apart. May the house of corruption in Nigeria speedily disintegrate. May the camp of the thieves in government never know peace.

Amen
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by faithin9ja: 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2012
Kobojunkie:

ONCE AGAIN . . . ..

Like I said before.

Ms Kobojunkie I read with interest many of posts and rebuttals, however as articulate as you can be, you often put what I can only describe as flawed arguments which disappoints me as I believe you are impartial enough to call a spade a spade, and face the reality rather than cloud reality with political positions. A few points;

Nigerians as rule have been brought up with endemic corruption, from your maigaurd to our ministers, it has become a way of life. Whilst it is desirable to punish those who have been or are corrupt, it also imperative to remove the areas of corruption. Previous administrations have long since used the 'subsidy' regimes initially to give the masses cheap fuel and over time as with every government handout in the world the 'subsidy' has become a mechanism for corruption for oil marketers, bankers, government officials and politicians. Blocking a few holes in the subsidy system is not the answer, picking holes in varying amounts of subsidy paid or not paid is not the answer, these are only sticking plasters. Wholesale removal of the system is the answer. We need change in our systems, not cosmetic changes in personnel, new personnel will only become corrupted by the system within time.

Nigerians have no right to cheap fuel. We do not provide cheap vehicles, if anything our vehicles are more expensive in Nigeria than other parts of the world, so why do think we have the right to cheap petrol?

Yes, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweal is right, majority of the mass carrying public transport in Nigeria is diesel driven, our factories run on diesel generators. The use of petrol is usually in the 'last mile' delivery. the beneficiary of cheap petrol is the guy in Lekki with 2 SUV's and Camry to take the children to school. Your poor Okada rider fills his tank with N200 or less, total removal of subsidy will raise this to N350!!

Yes prices will go up, but they will level out. anytime there is an increase in fuel costs, transporters in particular 'double' their prices, but in truth this doesn't last long. A 'hiace bus' carrying 15 passengers full tank rises from N2500 to N4000 does not have to increase the charge per passenger from N150 to N300 to cover the difference. The transporters soon learn this lessen when there is drop in passenger numbers.

The biggest fraud on Nigerians is not the 'subsidy' this pales into insignificance when compared with the wholesale handing out of 'oil blocks' worth billions of dollars to a handful of Nigerians. The subsidy row as painful as it permeated down to navy boys, customs officials, NNPC and her offshoots, numerous oil marketers, ministry officials,politicians, even bankers to finance the purchases. This amounts to thousands of Nigerians (I bet you might even know some of the beneficiaries personally) unlike the division of oil blocks, which one oil block worth billions of dollars is handed to one individual.

In summary whilst not condoning those that benefited by 100's of millions of naira in the subsidy fiasco, we should brace ourselves and get rid of this patently corrupt system and allow the free market reign in the sale of petrol in this nation.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by dtemidare: 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2012
delord's:
That must be an unwise threat:Desist from prosecuting them or face a full disclosure of how they funneled close to $1 billion towards his 2011 presidential campaign through the oil resources minister Diezani Allison-Madueke and the Minister for the Niger Delta, Godsday Orubebe.[/color]. As if a pastor collecting tithe will have time to ask how the money was gotten. They willingly decided to sponsor the campaign of those they feel will provide an unlimited access to the nations treasury as it as always been in the past. We no send them - they will be probed to the last. [size=16pt][color=#990000]Idiots[/size]

PEOPLE DO WE NOW SEE THAT GEJ IS AFTERALL NOT A BAD PERSON AND THAT HE IS DOING HIS LITTLE TO ENSURE THAT THIS COUNTRY IS DELIVERED. THESE GUYS KNOW THE TRUTH AND THEY DONT WANT THE POOR GUY TO DO HIS JOB. THE SAME U.S THAT IS ACCUSSING NIGERIA OF NOT HANDLING CORRUPTION CASES WELL ARE THE SAME PEOPLE HELPING THESES OIL THIEVES TO STEAL OUR OIL LEGALLY AND ILLEGALLY. THERE IS NOTHING REAL ABOUT INTERNAL AND INTERNATIONAL POLITICS EVERYTHING SEEM TO BE STAGED WITH BEHINDE THE SCENE ACTIVITIES. undecided
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by oiseworld: 1:29pm On Jul 27, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Eejit . . . I did not once comment on the article. If you really followed this thread as you claim, you would have figured that out by now, but I guess it is easier for you to LIE that you did so you can posture to earn for yourself some brownie point but sorry . . none for you.

I did not make a single comment on the content of the original article - I didn't even read the article, even to this point because if you note from the point I came in, You will note that I joined in on a discussion that was going on, mostly unrelated to the main article. Try again next time!

OLUWA OO !!
so u didn't even read the article and you began to argue blindly, guy you're unique.
Your type is rare. You think you can just take a story halfway and understand every details just because you followed it since january.

Go back and read alltru before i make any further comment.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2012
na_joke:

(at work)...yea i did sleep well unlike you low life no good for nothing head of the 40 man laptop who obviously is being paid to lick jona ass all night posting crap. Bros u dey sleep at all no wonder your wife prefers the V.i.b.r.a.t.o.r more than you and your kids keep calling the houseboy daddy!!!

Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Beaf: 1:42am

Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Beaf: 1:53am

Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Beaf: 2:56am

Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Beaf: 4:53am

Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Beaf: 4:59am

Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Beaf: 6:58am

thank u for this observation. i have been saying it. he has no job. morning, and night. Shame. embarassed his source of money is not clean.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by oiseworld: 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2012
delord's:

you try my brother, but theirs still more to it. Most Nigerians are completely clueless home and abroad. Yet they come to argue endlessly confusing the younger ones.

They would be probed to d last.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by uncleb(m): 1:52pm On Jul 27, 2012
This is going to make a great movie and a very good one for that matter!!!

Hmmm, what would be the most appropriate title?

Part one- Occupy Gani Fawehinmi park

PArt two- Farouk gate & Otedollar

Part 3- The Cabal and GEJ

Who know the end? I keep what i feel to myself, however, would be glad if someone can venture an answer
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by uncleb(m): 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2012
Activa:

thank u for this observation. i have been saying it. he has no job. morning, and night. Shame. embarassed his source of money is not clean.

The guy was on night duty now. how would you say he has no job, is he not on Abati's payroll. Please lets pray for him that Doyin should not let them off to bring his own town boys.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by uncleb(m): 2:14pm On Jul 27, 2012
faithin9ja:

Nigerians have no right to cheap fuel. We do not provide cheap vehicles, if anything our vehicles are more expensive in Nigeria than other parts of the world, so why do think we have the right to cheap petrol?

Yes, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweal is right, majority of the mass carrying public transport in Nigeria is diesel driven, our factories run on diesel generators. The use of petrol is usually in the 'last mile' delivery. the beneficiary of cheap petrol is the guy in Lekki with 2 SUV's and Camry to take the children to school. Your poor Okada rider fills his tank with N200 or less, total removal of subsidy will raise this to N350!!

Yes prices will go up, but they will level out. anytime there is an increase in fuel costs, transporters in particular 'double' their prices, but in truth this doesn't last long. A 'hiace bus' carrying 15 passengers full tank rises from N2500 to N4000 does not have to increase the charge per passenger from N150 to N300 to cover the difference. The transporters soon learn this lessen when there is drop in passenger numbers.

What a dumb argument, this is very ridiculous. Certainly, if you are not one of the 40 laptops, then you are benefiting one way or the other from the government. You postulations are anti-people and spirit of the masses will not forgive you.

Who told you Nigerians don't have a right to cheap fuel? Did you do Economics? Is a basket of pepper sold the same price in Lagos and the North? Will you buy a He goat "Agbo" for same price in Niger and Lagos. What makes the difference? Cant you think right for once?

A sensible and people oriented government would think about how to fix our refineries and produce our consumptions locally than continue to import, What gave birth to subsidy in the first place, is it not corruption? Did you listen to Prof West(former petroleum Minister) debate in January during the subsidy removal crisis. Oga please stop annoying us

On your argument that public transport vehicles are diesel driven and factories run diesel generators, please can you compare transport fares in Lagos before and after subsidy removal and tell this house your findings? For your information, I spend over N300 above what i used to spend pre January 1 on transport to my office now. Lets not talk about the prices of food stuff and other essential commodities. Do you think everybody have access to free money like you.

Finally, you claimed that transporters will drop price as patronage drop, so people will be tracking form sango, ogba, ikeja etc to CMS abi or you have provided alternative means of transportation for them?

Abeg u dey vex me
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by dtemidare: 2:31pm On Jul 27, 2012
nijanigga: Pastor Tunde Bakare is very right,GEJ plan to bankrupt Nigeria.This guy who deceived Nigerians by telling us he had no shoes,is directly or indirectly sending many to thier early grave ,will soon face the music.There will be an election before 2015.I concord with PTB,this govt is too dirty and will be wiped out.

that your name should be changed from naijanigga to[b] U.S[/b]puppet cos you behave like them how are we sure you are a Nigerian. i think you a bootlicker for bakare. fools who dont think.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by faithin9ja: 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2012
uncleb:

What a dumb argument, this is very ridiculous. Certainly, if you are not one of the 40 laptops, then you are benefiting one way or the other from the government. You postulations are anti-people and spirit of the masses will not forgive you.

Who told you Nigerians don't have a right to cheap fuel? Did you do Economics? Is a basket of pepper sold the same price in Lagos and the North? Will you buy a He goat "Agbo" for same price in Niger and Lagos. What makes the difference? Cant you think right for once?

A sensible and people oriented government would think about how to fix our refineries and produce our consumptions locally than continue to import, What gave birth to subsidy in the first place, is it not corruption? Did you listen to Prof West(former petroleum Minister) debate in January during the subsidy removal crisis. Oga please stop annoying us

On your argument that public transport vehicles are diesel driven and factories run diesel generators, please can you compare transport fares in Lagos before and after subsidy removal and tell this house your findings? For your information, I spend over N300 above what i used to spend pre January 1 on transport to my office now. Lets not talk about the prices of food stuff and other essential commodities. Do you think everybody have access to free money like you.

Finally, you claimed that transporters will drop price as patronage drop, so people will be tracking form sango, ogba, ikeja etc to CMS abi or you have provided alternative means of transportation for them?

Abeg u dey vex me

40 laptops my arse!!!

Why does the government not subsidize the cost of buying the lorries, buses and cars? why only petrol? why does the government put BACK subsidy on diesel, afterall 911 lorry, molues, luxurious, DAF trailer all use diesel. in the 1950's were people not travelling? was there subsidized fuel, Nigeria didn't even have our own petrol at that time. Did we die?

Trek from Sagamu to Ikeja - we have been fed on cheap unsustainable fuel for to long, that why employers will pay 'starvation wages' of N20,000 month because they know your transport fare (allegedly subsidized by government) is only N100 a day. If transport fares go up, employers will be forced to pay higher salaries or move their businesses closer to the work force. What is wrong in my office being in Sagamu instead of VI or Lekki?

Which government industry has ever worked? Nigeria Airways, Federal Palace Hotels, NICON insurance, even NPA, NITEL, NEPA, Cement factories and you expect refineries to work? Is it not same Nigerians you will put there to work, sack the current workforce, employ totally new people, the first person you send to buy 'spark plug' will tell you 'Oga spark plug na N15,000' and you expect it to work.

Privatize the refineries? Ask real business to borrow money from banks, use this money to repair your 40 and 30 year old refinaries and tell the m to sell refined product at below cost price? does that make sense? Ok sell the crude oil to them at below the international price and expect them to sell he refined product at below international price, will they do that? hell no; they will just take to cheap crude and sell on the black market as they already do. Did you say police them them with Navy and customs to stop this, which navy boy or customs man will see $50,000 and not turn a blind eye? They first sign of insanity is to continue to do the same thing and expect a different result

My friend get real and think outside the box. No need to continue to hand over government money to these cabals.

Before Glo was MTN cheapest recharge card not N750, now do we not see N100 recharge.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by jmaine: 2:52pm On Jul 27, 2012
faithin9ja:

40 laptops my arse!!!

Why does the government not subsidize the cost of buying the lorries, buses and cars? why only petrol? why does the government put BACK subsidy on diesel, afterall 911 lorry, molues, luxurious, DAF trailer all use diesel. in the 1950's were people not travelling? was there subsidized fuel, Nigeria didn't even have our own petrol at that time. Did we die?

Trek from Sagamu to Ikeja - we have been fed on cheap unsustainable fuel for to long, that why employers will pay 'starvation wages' of N20,000 month because they know your transport fare (allegedly subsidized by government) is only N100 a day. If transport fares go up, employers will be forced to pay higher salaries or move their businesses closer to the work force. What is wrong in my office being in Sagamu instead of VI or Lekki?

Which government industry has ever worked? Nigeria Airways, Federal Palace Hotels, NICON insurance, even NPA, NITEL, NEPA, Cement factories and you expect refineries to work? Is it not same Nigerians you will put there to work, sack the current workforce, employ totally new people, the first person you send to buy 'spark plug' will tell you 'Oga spark plug na N15,000' and you expect it to work.

Privatize the refineries? Ask real business to borrow money from banks, use this money to repair your 40 and 30 year old refinaries and tell the m to sell refined product at below cost price? does that make sense? Ok sell the crude oil to them at below the international price and expect them to sell he refined product at below international price, will they do that? hell no; they will just take to cheap crude and sell on the black market as they already do. Did you say police them them with Navy and customs to stop this, which navy boy or customs man will see $50,000 and not turn a blind eye? They first sign of insanity is to continue to do the same thing and expect a different result

My friend get real and think outside the box. No need to continue to hand over government money to these cabals.

Before Glo was MTN cheapest recharge card not N750, now do we not see N100 recharge.

I love your tenacity and guile, in marshalling your point intelligently to the despair of the foolish cynical species we have here

Keep it up friend cool . . .
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2012
oiseworld:
OLUWA OO !!
so u didn't even read the article and you began to argue blindly, guy you're unique.
Your type is rare. You think you can just take a story halfway and understand every details just because you followed it since january.

Go back and read alltru before i make any further comment.

um . . . . You can only argue BLINDLY if you ARE arguing a particular subject you are UNINFORMED on, which in this case you are guilty of. You are the one, UNINFORMED on any of what I have debated so far on this thread, pretending you can JUMP in and insert whatever nonsense you can and get away with it.
I on the other hand explained to you that I never commented on the ARTICLE(meaning I didn't argue anything on the article) as I came in on a topic completely UNRELATED to the article.

How can I "just take a story halfway and understand every details" when I specifically told you that I never commented on the story as I came in on a completely, again, UNRELATED discussion that was going on?
Really I should not be explaining this to you,cause I expect your brain should be mature enough to know these things, especially since I did tell you this.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2012
faithin9ja:

Ms Kobojunkie I read with interest many of posts and rebuttals, however as articulate as you can be, you often put what I can only describe as flawed arguments which disappoints me as I believe you are impartial enough to call a spade a spade, and face the reality rather than cloud reality with political positions. A few points;

Nigerians as rule have been brought up with endemic corruption, from your maigaurd to our ministers, it has become a way of life. Whilst it is desirable to punish those who have been or are corrupt, it also imperative to remove the areas of corruption. Previous administrations have long since used the 'subsidy' regimes initially to give the masses cheap fuel and over time as with every government handout in the world the 'subsidy' has become a mechanism for corruption for oil marketers, bankers, government officials and politicians. Blocking a few holes in the subsidy system is not the answer, picking holes in varying amounts of subsidy paid or not paid is not the answer, these are only sticking plasters. Wholesale removal of the system is the answer. We need change in our systems, not cosmetic changes in personnel, new personnel will only become corrupted by the system within time.

The biggest fraud on Nigerians is not the 'subsidy' this pales into insignificance when compared with the wholesale handing out of 'oil blocks' worth billions of dollars to a handful of Nigerians. The subsidy row as painful as it permeated down to navy boys, customs officials, NNPC and her offshoots, numerous oil marketers, ministry officials,politicians, even bankers to finance the purchases. This amounts to thousands of Nigerians (I bet you might even know some of the beneficiaries personally) unlike the division of oil blocks, which one oil block worth billions of dollars is handed to one individual.

In summary whilst not condoning those that benefited by 100's of millions of naira in the subsidy fiasco, we should brace ourselves and get rid of this patently corrupt system and allow the free market reign in the sale of petrol in this nation.

Dude, all you have done here is argue TALANTOLO -- when the discussion was on TOLONTALA . . . . There is nothing I can do with all you claim above but dump it as it has NOTHING to do with the current discussion.

Like I said in this discussion . . . .

Kobojunkie:

Not to jump in the middle of your squabble with whomever it is you are throwing this out to but technically, there is still no proof that removing subsidy would have reduced level of corruption.[size=13pt] On paper, that argument would make sense but reality is, even though the nation spent about a month this year(2012) paying full price at the pumps, and about the last 6 months paying(we are still in July here) the new Naira 97 price, according to Iweala, the fact is the Nation has racked up a bill even greater than it did before the removal.
[/size]

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

And this should be considered whatever side you chose to place yourself on, during last year's subsidy removal debate(I am not going back to that argument with anyone).
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Johndoe100(m): 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2012
Kobojunkie:

um . . . . You can only argue BLINDLY if you ARE arguing a particular subject you are UNINFORMED on, which in this case you are guilty of. You are the one, UNINFORMED on any of what I have debated so far on this thread, pretending you can JUMP in and insert whatever nonsense you can and get away with it.
I on the other hand explained to you that I never commented on the ARTICLE(meaning I didn't argue anything on the article) as I came in on a topic completely UNRELATED to the article.

How can I "just take a story halfway and understand every details" when I specifically told you that I never commented on the story as I came in on a completely, again, UNRELATED discussion that was going on?
Really I should not be explaining this to you,cause I expect your brain should be mature enough to know these things, especially since I did tell you this.

Haba kobo, you? BLINDLY arguing? UNINFORMED? UNRELATED? These are the very definitions of your posts. Still trying to mislead the newbies, so sad.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by oiseworld: 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2012
Johndoe100:

Haba kobo, you? BLINDLY arguing? UNINFORMED? UNRELATED? These are the very definitions of your posts. Still trying to mislead the newbies, so sad.

KOBO, you're trully a JUNK.

Abeg leave am my broda, What do u expect.
they have ears but do not hear, have eyes but can not see even a mind, but w'll never understand.

They are called HYPOCRITES.
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2012
oiseworld:

KOBO, you're trully a JUNK.

Abeg leave am my broda, What do u expect.
they have ears but do not hear, have eyes but can not see even a mind, but w'll never understand.

They are called HYPOCRITES.

I see . . . . you have even lowered yourself to the level of accepting backing from the resident fool . . . goodluck!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Subsidy Probe: Suspects Warn GEJ To Stop Prosecution by oiseworld: 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I see . . . . you have even lowered yourself to the level of accepting backing from the resident fool . . . goodluck!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy

4 ur mind ? U smart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Protest In Lagos Over Political Violence In Rivers - Photo / 'Buhari And The Demons In His Party' - Leadership / Senate Confirms Kingsley Obiora As CBN Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.