Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 (18854 Views)

How To Unbrick Your Verizon Gs3 SCH_1535 / Samsung Gs3 / Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by bigbrovar: 6:38am On Aug 21, 2012
4llerbuntu: @brovar been a while. Howdy.

U prolly shldnt have posted in these thread. These cats r at that point where its mostly the hormones and ego talking. I apologise on their behalf. Anyways the issue with that one is that he recently discovered a few tech blogs and whilst he does not understand most of what they say, he tends to think he is now an authority on square root of nothing.
Yeah it's been a while. The reason I don't post much here nowadays his due to the medieval spambot implemented in this place which makes posting a nightmare. that my last post was locked without any reason shows that nothing as changed. The administrators of nairaland has made content creation a nightmare for the users. It's so sad.

Anyways hows kde dis days?. Been reading some pretty damning evaluations. What's with the design inconsistencies?

Yeah still rocking kde. Now on 4.9 and it's keeps getting better and better glad I left the gnome world when I did cause that side don't seem to be having it good of late. Don't know about the design inconsistencies u speak off.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by bigbrovar: 6:49am On Aug 21, 2012
texazzpete:

Can you elaborate more on the 'lack of support for native 3rd party apps' line? Last i checked, there are 100,000 apps on the WP marketplace...and they certainly aren't web apps.

I meant app created using native C C++ all windows phone 7.5 applications are developed in C# or Visual Basic .NET and compiled to platform-independent bytecode. Wp8 has however enabled the creation of apps in native C C++ which should be a welcome development for game developers
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:42am On Aug 21, 2012
bigbrovar:
Yeah it's been a while. The reason I don't post much here nowadays his due to the medieval spambot implemented in this place which makes posting a nightmare. that my last post was locked without any reason shows that nothing as changed. The administrators of nairaland has made content creation a nightmare for the users. It's so sad.

Yeah still rocking kde. Now on 4.9 and it's keeps getting better and better glad I left the gnome world when I did cause that side don't seem to be having it good of late. Don't know about the design inconsistencies u speak off.

Problem with the chaps here is that this is run like the "normal" Nigerian 1 owner business. totally all-knowing and incapable of accepting well meaning input because well it may take away from the omnipotence.

as for the KDe thing, havent taken a look in over a year, but the comments section in several 4.9 reviews were .........astounding. eg the Arstechnica review. cheesy

As for gnome, i soo glad ubuntu decided to create unity. gnome is going downhill and the desktop shell is atrocious
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by texazzpete(m): 11:50am On Aug 21, 2012
4llerbuntu:

Problem with the chaps here is that this is run like the "normal" Nigerian 1 owner business. totally all-knowing and incapable of accepting well meaning input because well it may take away from the omnipotence.

as for the KDe thing, havent taken a look in over a year, but the comments section in several 4.9 reviews were .........astounding. eg the Arstechnica review. cheesy

As for gnome, i soo glad ubuntu decided to create unity. gnome is going downhill and the desktop shell is atrocious

As you said, most Nigerian businesses are run this way.
i admit Seun has a right to seek to censor unsavory words, but when English words like 'despoil' and 'b.r.e.a.s.t' are being censored, it's very annoying.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by bigbrovar: 3:03pm On Aug 21, 2012
4llerbuntu:

Yeah kde is tight, still some areas need work on before I can recommend it to new users but there are working in the right direction. As for gnome I think the core technology behind gnome3 is good. Gtk3 is a welcome development, and apps like network manager, print manager, monitor /display utility etc are really good in terms of design and usability. Many of this core technologies are the shoulders which Linux Mint cinnamon and ubuntu's unity are standing on. It's just the shell that I can't stand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Opting Out From Etisalat's Ring Back Tune / How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? / Charging New Phone For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.