Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 (18859 Views)

How To Unbrick Your Verizon Gs3 SCH_1535 / Samsung Gs3 / Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by jedisco(m): 4:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
joanana:

Accepting defeat is not a crime ooo grin grin grin grin una fingers no dey pain unaaa... na wa ooooooo. Samsung Galaxy S3 is best phone in the market now grin

There is on defeat here. My points are clearly written for all to see. And like I told you before, I've never lost a phone argument cos I don't make blind ones.

All my posts on this thread are undisputable facts.

The bottom line is that people should limit their phone arguments to their points of interest not claiming to be a guru in everything when Infact they're pathetically blank.
Next time he will think well before joining issues with me cos even if I was comparing a BB with him, I will still make him end up thesame way. Its not the device, its the know-how
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:56pm On Aug 06, 2012
jedisco:

There is on defeat here. My points are clearly written for all to see. And like I told you before, I've never lost a phone argument cos I don't make blind ones.

All my posts on this thread are undisputable facts.

The bottom line is that people should limit their phone arguments to their points of interest not claiming to be a guru in everything when Infact they're pathetically blank.

Next time he will think well before joining issues with me cos even if I was comparing a BB with him, I will still make him end up thesame way. Its not the device, its the know-how

seriously like HOW OLD ARE YOU? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

SO U THINK ITS A WIN/LOSE THING? chai tex, see as your adopted son just fall your hand cheesy

I could sworn just a few posts back you said you did not say one phone was better?so what did you win on a vs thread?

ahhh, figures. now i understand cheesy cheesy

maybe u shld add a poll up there to see what pple think about this your "victory" grin
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by jedisco(m): 5:15pm On Aug 06, 2012
4llerbuntu:

seriously like HOW OLD ARE YOU? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

SO U THINK ITS A WIN/LOSE THING? chai tex, see as your adopted son just fall your hand cheesy

I could sworn just a few posts back you said you did not say one phone was better?so what did you win on a vs thread?

ahhh, figures. now i understand cheesy cheesy

maybe u shld add a poll up there to see what pple think about this your "victory" grin

Shiittt!!! Whats it between you and tex that you see his shadow in everyone?? Where did you and him start having this issue. Moreover I ended my issue with you just before he reappeared. If you have issues with him, approach him and solve it like a man.

Its no point denying that this thread was turned to a debate by you and your likes. Afterall she was asking me to accept defeat. Atleast if this was to be done again, you would be more careful with your statements.

Your point was that lumia 900 is so much below S3 in every single aspect that a comparison was not necessary

My point was that none represents a better or more powerful device conclusively and that they both have their pros and cons. The best device depends on ones preference. However, if you want to do a comparison first get your facts right.

Putting up a poll is of no use cos you and your likes easily outnumber me- people who believe android is the best at everything. Afterall some of you have called lumia a feature phone.
It would be just like what we had on the symbian vs android thread where we were just about 4.

This thread is for independent minds to make a decision.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by texazzpete(m): 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
jedisco:

Shiittt!!! Whats it between you and tex that you see his shadow in everyone?? Where did you and him start having this your issue. Moreover I ended my issue with you just before he reappeared. If you have issues with him, approach him and solve it like a man.

Its no point denying that this thread was turned to a debate by you and your likes. Atleast if this was to be done again, you would be more careful with your statements.

Your point was that lumia 900 is so much below S3 in every single aspect that a comparison was not necessary

My point that none represents a better or more powerful device conclusively and that they both have their pros and cons. The best device depends on ones preference. However, if you want to do a comparison first get your facts right.

Putting up a poll is of no use cos you and your likes easily outnumber me- people who believe android is the best at everything. Afterall some of you have called lumia a feature phone.
It would be just like what we had on the symbian vs android thread where we were just about 4.

This thread is for independent minds to make a decision.

You really have his measure.

I keep telling this man that for every phone there are pros and cons. The one you choose to be 'better' is the one the pros outweigh the cons for you.

Left to me, I'd choose the Galaxy S III just for its raw power (I think I know what to do with it) and the fact that it has loads more apps (so gives me a softer landing from iOS).

But i'd be the last person to say the Lumia 900 is not a gorgeous, elegant phone. and for many people moving up from Symbian, it's fast, animates beautifully and the UI is perhaps the best out there.

4llerbuntu will only like a phone when he can spend his time editing all the *.ini and *.inf files in it.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 07, 2012
a few tins id like to chip in....gs3 being a fast selling fone doesnt make it the best phone out there. ts hyped by ts own company nd based on ts continuity from gs2 nd gs, ts xpected to sell well...

to nokia lumia, the windows os is the most fluid os out there, not neven second to the ios, id call dem on par. if u doubt me, use one nd see.

the fact ios or windows os runs mch beta dan an overhyped android makes us actually reason...we r lookin for xperience nd not specs (lumia 710 is more fluid dan an gs2) but bcz of the market for android apps, ts more likely to sell.

but lets ask a ?. hw many apps do u actually use on ur fone?

frm my perspective, the ios and windows os stand out among other oses, and they make the xperience on their respective fones a delight to b with.

i av used the gs2, gs, lumia 800, 900, desire hd, one x and iphone 4 nd 4s. all d fones r fantastic, but i prefered d iphones nd lumias cz of xperience. not a fan of any tho
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by jedisco(m): 3:37am On Aug 07, 2012
texazzpete:

You really have his measure.

I keep telling this man that for every phone there are pros and cons. The one you choose to be 'better' is the one the pros outweigh the cons for you.

Left to me, I'd choose the Galaxy S III just for its raw power (I think I know what to do with it) and the fact that it has loads more apps (so gives me a softer landing from iOS).

But i'd be the last person to say the Lumia 900 is not a gorgeous, elegant phone. and for many people moving up from Symbian, it's fast, animates beautifully and the UI is perhaps the best out there.

4llerbuntu will only like a phone when he can spend his time editing all the *.ini and *.inf files in it.

Funny enough, from my conclusive post to him I said 'it may surprise you if I told you the device I personally prefer between them'
If I was to make a choice, I would also pick the S3 mainly cos of limitations which I'm not used to having on symbian. But if I was to use my money to do the purchasing, I would most definitely wait for a wp8 device.

What annoys me is that alot of them think android is better for just no reason. On the symbian vs android thread, I saw really annoying posts like no capacitive touch screen, no custom roms, no talking tom app, symbian sucks and a host of other annoying reasons.

I usually look at devices with an open mind. But being a lover of Nokia products, I usually don't entertain people insulting their devices without first getting their facts right. This sometimes makes me looks like I'm taking a defensive approach e.g on this thread.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by LordReed(m): 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
About the design of the 2 phones, I may prefer the Galaxy but I honestly can't see what the Lumia has that I can say beats the Galaxy.

Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by texazzpete(m): 7:55pm On Aug 07, 2012
Lord_Reed: About the design of the 2 phones, I may prefer the Galaxy but I honestly can't see what the Lumia has that I can say beats the Galaxy.

Er...do you use prescription glasses?

Not even the head of design at Samsung will claim the GS3 looks as good as the HTC One X...and the One x is nearly as good looking as the Lumia 900/Lumia 800/Nokia N9 family...but not quite.

There's a reason why half the comments at Engadget at the Galaxy S III conference were of fanboys complaining bitterly about the pedestrian design.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by LordReed(m): 9:46pm On Aug 07, 2012
texazzpete:

Er...do you use prescription glasses?

Not even the head of design at Samsung will claim the GS3 looks as good as the HTC One X...and the One x is nearly as good looking as the Lumia 900/Lumia 800/Nokia N9 family...but not quite.

There's a reason why half the comments at Engadget at the Galaxy S III conference were of fanboys complaining bitterly about the pedestrian design.

What about the Lumia is so fantastic as compared to the SGS3? And don't tell me fanboys don't like the SGS3, that is not the question.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by texazzpete(m): 11:43pm On Aug 07, 2012
Lord_Reed:

What about the Lumia is so fantastic as compared to the SGS3? And don't tell me fanboys don't like the SGS3, that is not the question.

Read the previous posts I've made in this topic. I will not pander to your laziness.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by LordReed(m): 4:35am On Aug 08, 2012
texazzpete:

Read the previous posts I've made in this topic. I will not pander to your laziness.

My post was not directed at you specifically, that you chose to respond was your prerogative. Now please let others respond since you've made your opinion known. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 08, 2012
So ppl still think that Mobile Technology Graveyard a.k.a Nokia still got something to offer?
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by texazzpete(m): 7:57am On Aug 08, 2012
Lord_Reed:

My post was not directed at you specifically, that you chose to respond was your prerogative. Now please let others respond since you've made your opinion known. Thank you.

Your post 'was not directed at me' yet you quoted my post while asking that question?!

You really need to try harder.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:22am On Aug 08, 2012
@ lord Reed, na so me sef see am o. i dont understand what the beauty is. the fact that its in technicolor? or it has black screen and fooking ugly monotone tiles slapped on it?

[size=28pt]LET THIS THREAD DIE OOOOO[/size]
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by LordReed(m): 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2012
texazzpete:

Your post 'was not directed at me' yet you quoted my post while asking that question?!

You really need to try harder.

I meant the post were I put up the pictures. Did I quote you there?

Try harder to do what?
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by LordReed(m): 2:19pm On Aug 08, 2012
4llerbuntu:

@ lord Reed, na so me sef see am o. i dont understand what the beauty is. the fact that its in technicolor? or it has black screen and fooking ugly monotone tiles slapped on it?

I thought there was something more compelling in the design so I had to take a second look. I need some to explain to me what they find compelling about it. The SGS3 felt sleek and beautiful in hand while the Lumia I handled was just a nice smartphone.

1 Like

Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by blackweaver(m): 11:11pm On Aug 11, 2012
bottom line is it's all about preference (personally i think it's an unfair comparison, a more appropriate argument would be lumia900 vs gs2 but that's me). that said i think a lot of people are more used to phones where you can at least change the wallpaper; even tecnos have that capability
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by LordReed(m): 11:05pm On Aug 16, 2012
I wish I had seen this earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi9vKGHZmbU
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by joanana(f): 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2012
Lord_Reed: I wish I had seen this earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi9vKGHZmbU

This video made Samsung Galaxy S3 look bad!!! the screen uis not bright, the guy in the video is just promoting Nokia, that's what i think wink
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by LordReed(m): 3:30pm On Aug 17, 2012
joanana:

This video made Samsung Galaxy S3 look bad!!! the screen uis not bright, the guy in the video is just promoting Nokia, that's what i think wink

I don't think so. He clearly states which phone won. Offering praise for certain aspects of a phone is not tantamount to promoting it.

One thing I still say is how does the Lumia 900 look better than the SGS3? Even the OS home screen is too plain so you just have rectangles within a rectangle; a nice modernist touch but still too plain to be called beautiful IMHO.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by joanana(f): 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2012
Lord_Reed:

I don't think so. He clearly states which phone won. Offering praise for certain aspects of a phone is not tantamount to promoting it.

One thing I still say is how does the Lumia 900 look better than the SGS3? Even the OS home screen is too plain so you just have rectangles within a rectangle; a nice modernist touch but still too plain to be called beautiful IMHO.

S3 still rocks!!!
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by blackweaver(m): 11:29pm On Aug 18, 2012
just wondering, how well does the lumia do if i don't have wifi or a mobile data plan? will i still have a decent user experience without internet connection on my phone (say for 2 weeks)?
pls note, this is not an argument, i'm genuinely asking those who have used the phone before
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 19, 2012
The experience is always on par with Any Asha 3xx series. Connected online or not, it will remain a High Grade Feature phone by the Mobile Tech Graveyard
a.k.a Nokia

blackweaver: just wondering, how well does the lumia do if i don't have wifi or a mobile data plan? will i still have a decent user experience without internet connection on my phone (say for 2 weeks)?
pls note, this is not an argument, i'm genuinely asking those who have used the phone before
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by lynxnoon(m): 10:25am On Aug 19, 2012
well for me i personally prefer the Lumia 710 design to lumia 900; i said DESIGN oh not SPECS!!
the 900 looks too squarish and bland for my liking
well just my two cents kobo sha
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by lynxnoon(m): 10:38am On Aug 19, 2012
smiley

Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by lynxnoon(m): 11:38am On Aug 19, 2012
and i believe as per specs its obvious which stands out between Lumia 900 & SGS3
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4578&idPhone2=4238 wink
lol
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by bigbrovar: 2:52pm On Aug 19, 2012
I think this post is flawed as it is really unfair to compare the L900 to the Sgs3. Yes both devices are good in their own way but are in completely different leagues. From hardware to software and even price point. The sgs3 and L900 are not in the same class. One (the L900) is more or less meant to be a stop gap hardware running a stop gap OS both of which (hardware and software) are coming from technological Goliath who are on the path towards getting back their mojo but who are not quite there yet. On a software stand point the L900 ships with an immature OS which still has a lot of limitations in terms of missing features and capabilities (lack of support for native 3rd party apps, or true multitasking, who highres display, or a dual core processor etc) many of the software limitations of the lumia is reflected in the hardware it ships with. This is not meant to be an indictment of the lumia rather it is the reality of the device. And why it should not be compared to the sgs3 a device from a very confidence company which has thrown in its very best and which runs a very powerful and matured OS at the pick of it's revolution. The lumia is not a bad device for what it was meant to be.But it is not (and was never meant to be) in the same class of the sgs3 its like boxing comparing two very good boxers in different weight division. The heavyweight would win any bout with a feather weight boxer almost by default and that is the best analogy I can use.

I am looking forward to what Nokia has to offer at Nokia world next month where they are expected to unveil the new windows phone 8 device. Yes That is one device which can fairly be compared to the sgs3. At least on paper the wp8 appears to have fixed most of the flaws of its predecessor shipping with a software capable of taking advantage of powerful hardware and which comes with tools that will allow the developer build (native) powerful apps (sharing the same code base with windows cool. Come September one can see sgs3 take up someone his own size. So I guess we can call this one to be continued. Just IMHO.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by LordReed(m): 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2012
@bigbrovar
Good analysis but what do you think of the phones design wise.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by jedisco(m): 6:38pm On Aug 19, 2012
bigbrovar: I think this post is flawed as it is really unfair to compare the L900 to the Sgs3. Yes both devices are good in their own way but are in completely different leagues. From hardware to software and even price point. The sgs3 and L900 are not in the same class. One (the L900) is more or less meant to be a stop gap hardware running a stop gap OS both of which (hardware and software) are coming from technological Goliath who are on the path towards getting back their mojo but who are not quite there yet. On a software stand point the L900 ships with an immature OS which still has a lot of limitations in terms of missing features and capabilities (lack of support for native 3rd party apps, or true multitasking, who highres display, or a dual core processor etc) many of the software limitations of the lumia is reflected in the hardware it ships with. This is not meant to be an indictment of the lumia rather it is the reality of the device. And why it should not be compared to the sgs3 a device from a very confidence company which has thrown in its very best and which runs a very powerful and matured OS at the pick of it's revolution. The lumia is not a bad device for what it was meant to be.But it is not (and was never meant to be) in the same class of the sgs3 its like boxing comparing two very good boxers in different weight division. The heavyweight would win any bout with a feather weight boxer almost by default and that is the best analogy I can use.

I am looking forward to what Nokia has to offer at Nokia world next month where they are expected to unveil the new windows phone 8 device. Yes That is one device which can fairly be compared to the sgs3. At least on paper the wp8 appears to have fixed most of the flaws of its predecessor shipping with a software capable of taking advantage of powerful hardware and which comes with tools that will allow the developer build (native) powerful apps (sharing the same code base with windows cool. Come September one can see sgs3 take up someone his own size. So I guess we can call this one to be continued. Just IMHO.

I don't want to come back to this thread but I couldn't just resist replying you.

From the long essay you wrote, I wasn't able to pick out anything useful especially as regards the topic.
What you did was simply giving us a history of Nokia and lumia which we already know and is irrelevant to this topic.
From your post it seems as though you believe that s3 is much more better than lumia in every aspect that a comparison is unnecessary.
Maybe you should go back to some previous pages and see how this issue was settled.

If you believe any is better for you, then your reply should be: I think ___ is better because 1. 2. 3. and so on and not just giving us history.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:53am On Aug 20, 2012
@brovar been a while. Howdy.

U prolly shldnt have posted in these thread. These cats r at that point where its mostly the hormones and ego talking. I apologise on their behalf. Anyways the issue with that one is that he recently discovered a few tech blogs and whilst he does not understand most of what they say, he tends to think he is now an authority on square root of nothing.

Anyways hows kde dis days?. Been reading some pretty damning evaluations. What's with the design inconsistencies?
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by texazzpete(m): 12:47pm On Aug 20, 2012
bigbrovar: I think this post is flawed as it is really unfair to compare the L900 to the Sgs3. Yes both devices are good in their own way but are in completely different leagues. From hardware to software and even price point. The sgs3 and L900 are not in the same class. One (the L900) is more or less meant to be a stop gap hardware running a stop gap OS both of which (hardware and software) are coming from technological Goliath who are on the path towards getting back their mojo but who are not quite there yet. On a software stand point the L900 ships with an immature OS which still has a lot of limitations in terms of missing features and capabilities (lack of support for native 3rd party apps, or true multitasking, who highres display, or a dual core processor etc) many of the software limitations of the lumia is reflected in the hardware it ships with. This is not meant to be an indictment of the lumia rather it is the reality of the device. And why it should not be compared to the sgs3 a device from a very confidence company which has thrown in its very best and which runs a very powerful and matured OS at the pick of it's revolution. The lumia is not a bad device for what it was meant to be.But it is not (and was never meant to be) in the same class of the sgs3 its like boxing comparing two very good boxers in different weight division. The heavyweight would win any bout with a feather weight boxer almost by default and that is the best analogy I can use.

Can you elaborate more on the 'lack of support for native 3rd party apps' line? Last i checked, there are 100,000 apps on the WP marketplace...and they certainly aren't web apps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Opting Out From Etisalat's Ring Back Tune / How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? / Charging New Phone For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.