Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,205 members, 7,815,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 (18855 Views)

How To Unbrick Your Verizon Gs3 SCH_1535 / Samsung Gs3 / Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by chucky234(m): 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2012
sucre cruz: @All u smart phone gurus please explain in lay mans language if one is to buy which one will be best to buy for one like me who has no detailed idea about smart phone
Depends on your budget, if you want the very best then go for either the Galaxy S3 or HTC X
If you cannot afford any of the two then Galaxy S2, Xperia Sola,HTC Evo 4G LTE will do the magic for you bro.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by walcolm(m): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2012
@Chucky234,

just to chip in on the comparison between HTC 1X and GS3

pls note that because you deal commercially in ICT devices doesnt make you a tech expert in my opinion

the HTC 1X's underclocked 5th core is used for mundane everyday phone stuff when the main cores are not required to do heavy lifting and the purpose was to help save power but even at that, the HTC 1X has not shown better battery life compared to the GS3...the GS3 runs for upwards of 16hrs on a single charge despite lacking a 5th power saving CPU

the better body design on both devices is a matter of personal taste. i like the GS3 design better and i know a few people who like the HTC.

if beats audio was really awesome, HTC would not have sold back their shares at a loss to Dr Dre and his partner. HTC found out that the beats audio technology did not add any significant value to their sales bottom line and dumped the deal and future HTC phones will not even feature the technology to any significant extent. i use a laptop that has beats audio and i can tell you i have not noticed anything in my laptop's output
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Next2Bezee(m): 1:19pm On Jul 31, 2012
chucky234: You went to a website that is no officially recognised as a phone reviewer to prove your stu:pidity, have you ever lay your hands on high tech phone in your entire life? You can't even afford a SGP and come here to display your clueless moronic combobulated brain,go get a life kid.

Just look at you, The only one throwing insults in a smartphone comparison thread trying to grasp on to the little shred of self worth you have as a clueless ape...undecided
You say Tech Crunch is not officially recognized? Why don't you Google it...That's if you can. tongue
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by xwolverine: 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2012
chucky234: You were one of the first people to buy SGS3 in Nigeria bu[b]t I was one of the few people that imported the SGS3 into Nigeria,[/b]do you see how stu:pid you are?
You claimed to have used all iphones,SGS3 and One X without evidence, but I said I have used them and you can find evidence on the NL phone ad section. I have been importing high-tech phones for over five years and has been one of the consistence sellers on NL for the past three whole years,I just bought 20 pieces of the Samsung galaxy pocket from Samsung at the rate of N18,900 per unit then decided ti sell them out to NLanders for N17,000 per unit.
I have sold laptops on NL at unbelievable prices that's because I was the West Africa sales manager for an American tech company for three years and you foolishly think my appointment was a fluke.
So tell me what makes you think you know jack about tech
You keep talking about 2gb RAM and GPU and CPU, benchmark and yet claimed to know shit about tech,I still repeat that the One X is a better phone. If you mention benchmark PI then take the One S as it flop both the One X and S3 in that regard.
All your empty ideas were copied from the internet where junkies analyzed phones they never thave the opportunity to use,my argument are solely based on user experience.
Sure, the S III has a bigger battery (2100mAh), but
the Exynos chipset clearly lacks the extra
power-saving core of Tegra 3 while the One X has a power-saving fifth core to backup its battery which guarantee a long usage duration.
The polycarbonate boby of the HTC One X eclipsed the glossy plastic body of the S3, the HTC sense UI is amazing.
The music experience on the One X with the Dr. Dre beat audio earpiece is unrivalled not even the Samsung TouchWiz can beat the Sense UI, the 3D performance of the One S is also better than the One X and S3.

The fact that you imported a phone doesn't make you an authority in matters that concerns the phone, and from your warped annalysis I can deduce beyond reasonable doubt that you HAVE not used an S3....
Google is your friend, you can try to check how the HTX one X heats up on usage and not only that, the phone sometimes freezes on use. I was almost conned into buying a One X before I actually tested it.

- The user interface of one X is crappy compared to SGS3 try to have a feel of the same phone then you will understand
- Battery is crap - you need to see how i bully a colleague at work using the HTC one X, he is constantly recharging his phone. I once left my phone's wifi up overnight despite the battery level before i slept being around 64% and still had 45% charge on the battery the next morning. Try the same with HTC one X
- The Wifi connectivity is also crap - the current virgin mobile wifi on the underground is testimony to this, One X keeps on disconnecting intermittently, while my S3 runs smoothly
- The unibody design is rubbish considering that the phone's batttery life cant be compared to Iphone (whats the point of unibody then)
- HTC had to add beats headphones to try to persuade people to purchase the phone, same as nokia with their headphones....check out the sales stats of S3 in its first month check
[url]http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CIEBEBYwBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.digitaltrends.com%2Fmobile%2Fgalaxy-s3-sales-surpass-10-million-in-less-than-two-months%2F&ei=j80XUOPQIMS30QWwtoCACQ&usg=AFQjCNGoowSzlkGcIPJPdYGH2V-9cIsIvQ&sig2=ffN3wrnqrQgHU2yheJbo2g[/url]
- The autofocus feature on both the video mode and photoshoot mode on SGS3 is the best compared to the feature being absent on the HTC One X

the list is endless, but the verdict is: SGS3 is still the best phone money can buy #gofigure

1 Like

Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by LordReed(m): 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2012
Having read about the limitations of the Windows Phone 7.5 Mango platform here:

my-symbian.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44034

I can say that WP7.5 is rubbish no matter how smooth the UI is said to be. How can a SMARTPHONE not have a file manager or allow you to attach documents to emails?

I should not even be surprised because I had a WinMo 6.5 phone and I totally wish I had bought something else. If WP8 can not redeem Microsoft then they should concentrate on their strengths not making people buy rubbish in the name of smartphone.

To the OP please if you want to buy one out of the two take the SGS3. I tested it at shop and it was a dream.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by emteecve(m): 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2012
I think S3 is probably takn d lead in dis thread.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2012
[size=15pt]WP7.5 (Mango) LUMIA OS LIMITATIONS

I WILL REMOVE MOST OF IT ANYWAY. MY POINT FOR POSTING THIS IS NOT TO BASH THE PHONE OR OS, BUT TO CHALLENGE THE LUMIA LOVERS TO PRODUCE A SIMILAR LIST OF WHAT LUMIA CAN DO THAT THE SGS 3 CANNOT, OR ANY ANDROID SEF
[/size]

1. No true multitasking - all apps are frozen in the background except for some built-in apps like Zune player.

2. No Divx/Xvid video codec support. Zune will convert with loss of quality.

3. No mass storage mode.

4. No micro-SD card support.

5. No filemanager. Directory system is totally opaque.

8. Limited to 800x480 resolution.

10. Need to edit an MP3 file with strict constraints to be used as a ringtone.
11. Cannot set static IP address so no connection to ad-hoc networks.
12. No VPN support for this “corporate enterprise” phone.

14. Totally closed OS, cannot sideload apps outside MS Marketplace.

15. System font size cannot be changed.

16. Images and photos cannot be renamed in the phone.

18. No centralized notification page.
19. Alarm clock cannot work when phone is turned off. All Nokia Symbian and Meego phones can do this.

21. Only photos allowed as email attachments, documents not allowed.

23. Cannot stream audio from video to Bluetooth devices (No A2DP profile).

24. Tiles are fixed size and for many functions is a waste of space.

26. Very limited customization option.

27. 3rd party apps cannot put notifications on the lockscreen

30. Wifi- hotspot and internet tethering not integral features in the OS but need to be provided by manufacturer on a case by case basis.
31. No HDMI output (Lumia specific)

32. No support for lossless audio format like FLAC and WMA lossless

33. Generally force users to use IE, Bing and SkyDrive by shutting out competitors or tying OS features to them.

35. Cannot be upgraded to WP8 (Apollo)

USABILITY ISSUES
36. No always visible status bar for battery life, signal strength, carrier, 2G/3G wi-fi, Bluetooth status.

37. Taskmanager has no option to shut down apps you don’t want running in the background.

38. Search and Back button cannot be de-activated in apps or games and easily touched by accident.

39. Lockscreen need to be activated to show missed call/sms notification.

40. No way to close an app except pressing back button all the way to the first screen.

42. Cannot create and save playlists on the phone.

43. Playlist can only be edited when you are playing it.

44. Cannot search your music collection on the phone, only in the Marketplace

93. Cannot set all contacts offline (no calls) except for a designated list – a downgrade from Symbian.

DUMB AND DUMBER
94. One volume control for all functions including media playback, ringtones, alarms, notifications.

95. Wi-fi disconnects when screen sleeps.

97. Can only enter one mobile phone no. for each contact. Mobile nos. entered in other fields will not accept sms.

99. Phone cannot be charged when off.

100. Need to be plugged in to wall charger to sync wirelessly with Zune (a funny definition of wireless).

103. Phone can be rebooted without entering security code

105. Cannot be charged up when battery is flat. (Lumia specific)

FEATURES EVEN DUMB PHONES HAVE BUT WP7.5 DOESN’T
107. No bluetooth file transfer.

108. Cannot handle USSD codes necessary for prepaid users to obtain services.

109. Cannot filter call history into Missed Calls, Received Calls, Dialled Calls, Recent Calls, etc

111. Does not show call duration in call history.

113. Call history does not group calls by contact.

114. Call history does not show the time of call for calls older than current day.

115. Cannot set custom sounds for different types of notifications.

116. No ringer profiles.

117. Cannot send/receive contact as a csv file.

118. Cannot backup contacts to PC, only to SkyDrive

119. Cannot backup sms at all, not even to SkyDrive

120. Cannot save contact to SIM card.
121. Cannot change alarm ring tone or use a MP3 file.
122. Cannot set alarm snooze interval.

IN THIS DAY AND AGE, A SMART PHONE FLAGSHIP HAS THESE LIMITATIONS?

don't get me wrong the phone is perfectly beautiful (if you life tiles) nicely built etc, but on which level can you begin to compare this POS with the SGS 3?

GIVE US A LIST OF THINGS THE LUMIA HAS OR CAN DO THAT THE SGS 3 CANNOT

3 Likes

Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by kingsley55(m): 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2012
NOKIA LUMINA SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII
General 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G Network LTE (regional)
Announced------- 2012, February 2012, May
Status Available. Released 2012, May Available. Released 2012, May
Body Dimensions 127.8 x 68.5 x 11.5 mm, 90 cc 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm
Weight -------- 160 g 133 g

Display Type AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors - Touch-sensitive controls
Size 480 x 800 pixels, 4.3 inches (~217 ppi pixel density) 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.8 inches (~306 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes Yes
Protection Corning Gorilla Glass Corning Gorilla Glass 2
Nokia ClearBlack display -TouchWiz UI

Sound Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes Yes
3.5mm jack Yes Yes

Memory Card slot No microSD, up to 64 GB, buy memory
Internal 16GB storage, 512 MB RAM 16/32/64 GB storage, 1 GB RAM

Data GPRS Class 33 Class 12 (4+1/3+2/2+3/1+4 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
EDGE Class 33 Class 12
Speed HSDPA, 42 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps

WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot

Bluetooth Yes, v2.1 with A2DP, EDR Yes, v4.0 with A2DP, EDR

NFC No Yes

Infrared port No No

USB Yes, microUSB v2.0 Yes, microUSB v2.0 (MHL), USB On-the-go

Camera Primary 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, Carl Zeiss optics, 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
autofocus, dual-LED flash
Features Geo-tagging Simultaneous HD video and image stabilisation, focus, face and smile detection
Video Yes, 720p@30fps, video stabilization Yes, 1080p@30fps

Secondary Yes, 1 MP, VGA@15fps Yes, 1.9 MP, 720p@30fps

Features OS Microsoft Windows Phone 7.5 Mango Android OS, v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)

Chipset Qualcomm APQ8055 Snapdragon Exynos 4412 Quad

CPU 1.4 GHz Scorpion Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9

GPU Adreno 205 Mali-400MP

Sensors Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer

Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS

Browser HTML5 HTML, Adobe Flash

Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS Stereo FM radio with RDS

GPS Yes, with A-GPS support and GLONASS Yes, with A-GPS support and GLONASS

Java No Yes, via Java MIDP emulator

Colors Black, cyan, white, magenta Pebble blue, Marble white

- MicroSIM card support only - MicroSIM card support only
- SNS integration - S-Voice natural language commands and dictation
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic -Smart Stay eye tracking
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/WMA player - Dropbox (50 GB storage)
- MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV player - Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Document viewer/editor - TV-out (via MHL A/V link)
- Video/photo editor - SNS integration
- Voice memo/command/dial - MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
- Predictive text input - MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player
- Organizer
- Image/video editor
- Document viewer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calender, Google Talk, Picasa
- Voice memo/dial/commands
- Predictive text input (Swype)
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by walcolm(m): 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2012
@Kingsley,

this your kain copy and paste no be am at all...

i'm sure everybody here knows how to get to gsmarena to get this. pls delete this your post

1 Like

Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by walcolm(m): 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2012
emteecve: I think S3 is probably takn d lead in dis thread.

for me, its not whether GS3 is leading or not but the fact that it gives the user more bang for the buck than a Lumia. but if you dont need all the features the GS3 offers, you dont need to get it

for most people, the Lumia could be okay for their needs at their budget since majority of people are not exactly tech savvy and just need a device that will allow them join social interactions and play games. they are not really interested in getting the highest display ppi or running CPUs that are faster than most computers manufactured before 2005 cool

1 Like

Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by walcolm(m): 2:14pm On Jul 31, 2012
4llerbuntu:

SENSE is NOT amazing...... pls don't. pls

One X does NOT have better battery life compared with SGS 3

The Processor in SGS 3 (International version) SHATS on the one in One X hands down. power saving core fifth my arse
if you claim to know about tech as you claim then you would know that those exynos processors are a big let down and disappointment

loooollllllll......did you by any chance mean Tegra processors (see bold text above)?

Exynos chipsets are the ones in the SGS3 and clocked at only 1.4Ghz, they have thumped the Tegra chipsets clocked at 1.5Ghz
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by walcolm(m): 2:18pm On Jul 31, 2012
Oscarstyx: A few paragraphs from d cnet review.......Indeed, this phone sits at the very top of the smart phone spectrum -- rival high-end Androids at this lofty price are hard to find. The main alternative is HTC's quad-core brute -- the One X -- which is actually more affordable than the S3 but not such a powerhouse, judging by my benchmark tests. Samsung also makes an even larger device -- the Galaxy Note -- which is a smart phone that's pushing into mini tablet territory. 

The main non-Android rival device to the S3 is Apple's top-of-the-range blower, the iPhone 4S -- at least until the iPhone 5 lands. The 4S can be bagged for around the same monthly toll as the S3.

Apple's iOS software is generally slicker and easier to use than Android, with a simplified interface that's really straightforward to use. However, iOS won't appeal to people who really like to drill down, tweak, tinker and customize their kit. You guys will fall hook, line and sinker for the S3's customizeable charms -- relishing the fine-grained opportunities Android opens up for customizing and controlling your digital environs.

Make yur own decisions....A̶̲̥̅♏ still looking for a comparison of a lumia and d S3....

this excerpt pretty much sums up the debate...thanx for this man

for all those rooting for Lumia, you can see the lumia was not mentioned anywhere in the text above.

oh btw, you wont find any comparison between the Lumia 900 and the S3 because its a no contest cheesy
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by jedisco(m): 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2012
texazzpete:

All this lengthy rhetoric...and for what? To argue a non-existent case?

Bottom line is, in terms of raw processing power and 3D graphics rendering, the SoC in the Galaxy S3 far outstrips anything in Windows Phone, surpasses the chipset in the iPhone 4S and blows away anything in any Nokia phone.

Attempts to say that the Symbian app ecosystem is anywhere nearly as rich as Android or iOS is just laughable. Most of the big name devs tend to shun Symbian these days...heck, why root for an OS that even it's principal sponsor (nokia) has no desire to use in high end devices anymore?

I think you really need to educate yourself on current high end Android devices. the days of leveling the 'laggy' accusation at top drawer Android phones are over. Windows phone may be smooth while whisking through the UI but actual app performance will fall way behind the GS3 or the One X. We see this bear out it browser benchmarks, time to open apps, open large files etc. Definitely there's no comparison when it comes to 3D gaming. I have never had a slowdown on my GS3...

please stop confusing 'best' with 'powerful'. The pureview 808 is the best camera phone but it isn't nearly the most powerful camera phone. I haven't used one before but most of the reviews talk about slow browsers, UI freezing and slow app opening times. Is that your definition of 'powerful'?

I raised up two points and tried to explain them. As usual, you try to cut corners and focus on what you think is right leaving the points you were blank on.

Let me make it clear that I'm not comparing the two devices but just trying to point out some misconceptions.

1. I'm not comparing the symbian app ecosystem to that of android. But I'm saying that I'm not going to accept that one is better simply because it has 450,000 apps especially when users of the device could not list tangible apps even after 7 pages. I still wondering why it would be so hard to list good ones not on symbian out of the lot.

2. The above line of thought also applies to the hardware specs.
I don't consider a device powerful simply because it has quad core. Have you ever thought of comparing devices based on how their smoothness and speed and when handling them keeping the specs aside.
If in everyday usage the quad core is faster, then thats good but if they are equal thats bad.
Let me give a typical example. People always believed that at least a dual core was needed for full HD video recording. That only changed when Nokia put that in a single core phone. Same goes for alot of other things. That its dual core does not mean its faster than a single core.

Lastly I don't know what you mean by best and powerful, but I always prefer the best over the most powerful.
What I consider a powerful device is one that can perform wanted tasks smoothly (whether its got 1mb or 1gb ram is immaterial), and also has other hardware I find interesting. If any phone gives that, then no probs.
If power only means processor benchmark to you then I may accept we differ in that regard.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by omodapson(m): 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2012
Poster, you should know what you want in a phone, don't you? Set your priorities right and go for what suits your daily needs. What's the use of a house you can't live in?

All these cores in phones are only made to confuse average users. If you want to join the bandwagon, then go for what the multitudes are going for. But if you want a phone for your needs, I would advise you go online and search for extensive reviews of phones you have in mind.

Most of the people on this thread who are shouting Lumia and SG3 have not seen or smelled those phones in their lives. Don't be deceived, go for functionality.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by jedisco(m): 2:23pm On Jul 31, 2012
walcolm:

i think this is the point i stop exchanging with you on this topic. its pretty clear you find it hard to understand what you see or read.

As usual when you run out of facts, you bring up this stuff.
Well... Its not the first time
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:35pm On Jul 31, 2012
omodapson: Poster, you should know what you want in a phone, don't you? Set your priorities right and go for what suits your daily needs. What's the use of a house you can't live in?

All these cores in phones are only made to confuse average users. If you want to join the bandwagon, then go for what the multitudes are going for. But if you want a phone for your needs, I would advise you go online and search for extensive reviews of phones you have in mind.

Most of the people on this thread who are shouting Lumia and SG3 have not seen or smelled those phones in their lives. Don't be deceived, go for functionality.

there is the crux of the matter.

its not by mere specs listing.

but the part where you have also missed the boat is: Don't be deceived, go for functionality

where and in what area is the LUMIA more functional than the SGS 3?

i dont want rhetoric. i have both phones in close proximity. i don't own a LUMIA, (not that foolish with my money) but i am staring at one here as i type. i also have access to the SGS 3, and i also own two other android phones (very conversant with that platform)

Can you or anybody kindly point out where and how the LUMIA is better than the SGS 3 or even 2 (lets drop the bar kindly) in functionality!

i put up a large list a few posts back. refute it.
matter of fact, the few WP mango phones that managed to overcome some of those flaws like sd card, equalizer, were manufacturer improvements by HTC.

unfortunately, the NOKIA ones are pure MS stock.

[size=18pt]POINT OUT THE FUNCTIONS THAT LUMIA TRUMPS SGS WITH[/size]
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by jedisco(m): 2:52pm On Jul 31, 2012
4llerbuntu:

At this point, you completely lost the plot.

this is illogical argument at its best. and its completely flawed and so untrue. so you visited the android market but was not impressed? but the WP market impressed you? the apps in WP market do what exactly? farting apps ? ringtones? grin grin grin grin grin grin

how the Fook do you expect anyone to list all the apps on android? and precisely how many apps do you think the average user will install at any given time?

To clear your confusion, the catch phrase is "there is an app for that". that is the issue, not this FUD you are spreading.

for any given thing you intend to achieve with your phone at the material time, is it possible? yes or no. that is what sets the ecosystems apart.
its a non-starter comparing apps on WP to ANY ECOSYSTEM, even BADA tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin

incidentally, your much vaunted WP7 is playing catch up, which even microsoft acknowledges. lots of everyday mundane stuff are actually very deficient or impossible on that platform. for example, does it now have a decent youtube application?

maybe you should check the list of "features" that WP 8 will add and see that there is not 1 feature that is unique or not ALREADY on ios and android.

as for performance etc. the first question is, is your Lumia even capable of running things that will task its performance? grin grin grin
how many games capable of taking a phone to the limit exist on WP? grin grin grin

BTW since the flagships are being compared, why do you keep citing old android phones that came with froyo and gingerbread as benchmarks? is lumia better or smoother than any ICS or JELLYBEAN phone? undecided undecided

sure the specs game is not where it ends, but what you are doing is equivalent to claiming that a Hyundai Sonata is better than a BMW because ...... whatever. fill in the gap.......
they are not even in the same league!

even more amazing is that this phone that you claim to be a flagship or Nokia/MS WP is being given out for almost free, how can a flagship on firesale be at par with one with millions in pre-order? before they put lumia on sales, how many units were they selling?

apparently, you seem to think the whole wide tech world that has put SGS 3 at the top of the food chain are ignorant abi?

Well... I still remember you. Maybe we should finish up this app stuff.

Everybody knows android has plenty apps so I don't need to visit. I visited that of windows to see what kind of apps are there. Moreover I brought this up cos someone was trying to say wp don't have good apps which is wrong.

I'm not expecting you to list all the apps. I have about 250 - 300 apps which is hardly exhaustive. What I want you to do is to explain to me why you think I don't have enough apps by giving me examples. Then I will agree with you.

Coming to games, lumia can play xbox live games. So if you are thinking of real HD games, its got better prospects than some others. With wp8 the talk is now running pc games although the current devices won't be updated.

Talking about the price of the phone, that was well handled on page 1
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by 4llerbe(m): 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2012
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Ugoduru(m): 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2012
Nokia n samsung are thinking on how to manufacture a better phones while Nigerian are debating on how to use.TUFIKWA
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 31, 2012
SGS3 VS NOKIA LUMIA 900 Another argument similar to who is better? (C RONALDO or L MESSI)
@op. am sure you seem more confused than you were...?
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 31, 2012
Windows Phone doesnt nid multiple cores to run - Stephen Eflop Nokia CE0

The next Windows Phone ... Will support upto 64 cores - Microsoft, June 2012

blow ya grammar AGAIN

jedisco: @walcolm

In conclusion, it seems you believe so much in what you read and not in everyday usability. And you also believe in that GSIII is the best phone cos its very highly speced. Well I will leave you with your naive beliefs.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 31, 2012
Abeg helep me ask them. Them no sabi yet

francis247: What is going on here? Is Lumia 900 greater than 808 pureview Let alone SGS 3?
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by jedisco(m): 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2012
4llerbuntu:

At this point, you completely lost the plot.

this is illogical argument at its best. and its completely flawed and so untrue. so you visited the android market but was not impressed? but the WP market impressed you? the apps in WP market do what exactly? farting apps ? ringtones? grin grin grin grin grin grin

how the Fook do you expect anyone to list all the apps on android? and precisely how many apps do you think the average user will install at any given time?

To clear your confusion, the catch phrase is "there is an app for that". that is the issue, not this FUD you are spreading.

for any given thing you intend to achieve with your phone at the material time, is it possible? yes or no. that is what sets the ecosystems apart.
its a non-starter comparing apps on WP to ANY ECOSYSTEM, even BADA tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin

incidentally, your much vaunted WP7 is playing catch up, which even microsoft acknowledges. lots of everyday mundane stuff are actually very deficient or impossible on that platform. for example, does it now have a decent youtube application?

maybe you should check the list of "features" that WP 8 will add and see that there is not 1 feature that is unique or not ALREADY on ios and android.

as for performance etc. the first question is, is your Lumia even capable of running things that will task its performance? grin grin grin
how many games capable of taking a phone to the limit exist on WP? grin grin grin

BTW since the flagships are being compared, why do you keep citing old android phones that came with froyo and gingerbread as benchmarks? is lumia better or smoother than any ICS or JELLYBEAN phone? undecided undecided

sure the specs game is not where it ends, but what you are doing is equivalent to claiming that a Hyundai Sonata is better than a BMW because ...... whatever. fill in the gap.......
they are not even in the same league!

even more amazing is that this phone that you claim to be a flagship or Nokia/MS WP is being given out for almost free, how can a flagship on firesale be at par with one with millions in pre-order? before they put lumia on sales, how many units were they selling?

apparently, you seem to think the whole wide tech world that has put SGS 3 at the top of the food chain are ignorant abi?

Everybody knows android has plenty apps so I don't need to visit. I visited that of windows to see what kind of apps are there. Moreover I brought this up cos someone was trying to say wp don't have good apps which is wrong.

I'm not expecting you to list all the apps. I have about 250 - 300 apps which is hardly exhaustive. What I want you to do is to explain to me why you think I don't have enough apps by giving me examples. Then I will agree with you.

Youtube app A simple search on Google would do. Moreover from last time you know what I mean by apps.

Coming to games, lumia can play xbox live games. So if you are thinking of real HD games, its got better prospects than some others. With wp8 the talk is now running pc games although the current devices won't be updated.

Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by chucky234(m): 3:11pm On Jul 31, 2012
Next2Bezee:

Just look at you, The only one throwing insults in a smartphone comparison thread trying to grasp on to the little shred of self worth you have as a clueless ape...undecided
You say Tech Crunch is not officially recognized? Why don't you Google it...That's if you can. tongue
So whatever comes out google is official,your mumu go last a lifetime.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 31, 2012
Tell dem, abeg

Gwekzy: With all Due respecT 2 Nokia Dat SamsunG S3 Is Outa Dis WorlD!!!!In a league of its. Own...D BesT Smartfone Ever
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by 4llerbe(m): 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2012
jedisco:

all right.

i will give you a few instances. looking at my old xperia as a benchmark.

i have the following apps on it, pls tell me the equivalent apps on WP

1. Airdroid. i use it to manage and access my phone from a web browser

2. Adfree native adblock

3. angrybirds grin grin

4. Amazing Alex (na game too) grin grin

5. Beautiful Widgets

6. Color Note for taking short post its notes on the fly

7 Es File explorer (file management)

8. No-Frills Cpu Control (overclocking, Under clocking etc etc)

9. PlayerPro (10 band equalizer enabled music player with ability to scrobble, download art, does everything)

10. RockPlayer lite. every video format player

11. spinlet grin grin grin grin Naija representing. our very own itunes/googlemusic/grooveshark equivalent

12, swiftkey x keyboard

13 Twicca twitter client

14. whatsapp

15. Orbot Tor client

16 temple run, wifi manager, titanium backup, xda premium app, the HOLY bible tongue, Chainfire 3D (graphic card emulator/booster),Google Drive client, Flash, Instagram, Mass effect infiltratoropera mini, setdns, barcode scanner, flashlight app

and thats just the ones on my low 2 yr old fone.

tell me the equivalents on WP 7

[size=20pt]No one has said you dont have enough apps, even my 3310 has enough apps. the question is what can you do with your device that I CANNOT WITH MY ANDROID, MUCH LESS SGS 3?
why are you people dodging this particular question?

i can do countless things with my android that you cannot. but we are supposed to be competitors?

[/size]

you mention gaming. which HD game does WP have? Fifa? Call of Duty? which xbox game? grin grin grin grin

dude, everyone and their dog knows that the HDMI out function on android enables you play the friggin games, watch the movies etc, mirror your phone desktop to a monitor or tv
Type GAME into the play store search box and start counting.

better prospects? grin grin grin grin my xperia has better prospects of flying to the moon unaided. xbox my arse grin grin grin
WP will NEVER rival IOS or Android as a gaming platform, FACT!

btw, YOUR LUMIA IS NOT GOING TO GET WP8 , I HOPE YOU KNOW. its not kuku as if the wp8 will magically turn the things into supa stars sef

as for the price issue, and don't you think its ironic that your super lumia is being dashed out almost free? i mean wow, nokia and ms have got this wonderful fone thats better than the best android but are so magnanimous as to give it out for so cheap like our friend the marketer who bought 18,900 phones but is selling at 17, 000.

like seriously, what are you guys eating? must have lsd in it
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 31, 2012
Straight 4wd. My guy best wishes.

Oscarstyx: I have been on the issue of the SGS3 for over a week now....on paper its d best smart phone on the planet...."For ME"....its specs are simply amazing....i currently use nokia n8 with belle on board(i updated from anna) and i can say with one simple game running (ibomber) i always run out of ram juice.... Lumia is a great line but i A̶̲̥̅♏ convinced from all d reviews online that d s3 is far better......nokia is officially dead for me and i A̶̲̥̅♏ jumping ship as soon as possible.....poster go fro the S3....(I will advise yu read dis....http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s3-review-50006020/)
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by jedisco(m): 3:21pm On Jul 31, 2012
@4llerbuntu

Endeavour to read the whole thread again. You should not have copied and pasted that stuff. That had been handled already.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Next2Bezee(m): 3:21pm On Jul 31, 2012
chucky234: So whatever comes out google is official,your mumu go last a lifetime.

Ok i give up, your stupidity is beyond me.

EDIT: Any1 who can understand this guy's level can yarn with him.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 31, 2012
Sw33t ma belle.

Oscarstyx: A few paragraphs from d cnet review.......Indeed, this phone sits at the very top of the smart phone spectrum -- rival high-end Androids at this lofty price are hard to find. The main alternative is HTC's quad-core brute -- the One X -- which is actually more affordable than the S3 but not such a powerhouse, judging by my benchmark tests. Samsung also makes an even larger device -- the Galaxy Note -- which is a smart phone that's pushing into mini tablet territory. 

The main non-Android rival device to the S3 is Apple's top-of-the-range blower, the iPhone 4S -- at least until the iPhone 5 lands. The 4S can be bagged for around the same monthly toll as the S3.

Apple's iOS software is generally slicker and easier to use than Android, with a simplified interface that's really straightforward to use. However, iOS won't appeal to people who really like to drill down, tweak, tinker and customize their kit. You guys will fall hook, line and sinker for the S3's customizeable charms -- relishing the fine-grained opportunities Android opens up for customizing and controlling your digital environs.

Make yur own decisions....A̶̲̥̅♏ still looking for a comparison of a lumia and d S3....
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
He just returned from Maiduguri

Next2Bezee:

1 Like

Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by jedisco(m): 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2012
4llerbe:

all right.

i will give you a few instances. looking at my old xperia as a benchmark.

i have the following apps on it, pls tell me the equivalent apps on WP

1. Airdroid. i use it to manage and access my phone from a web browser

2. Adfree native adblock

3. angrybirds grin grin

4. Amazing Alex (na game too) grin grin

5. Beautiful Widgets

6. Color Note for taking short post its notes on the fly

7 Es File explorer (file management)

8. No-Frills Cpu Control (overclocking, Under clocking etc etc)

9. PlayerPro (10 band equalizer enabled music player with ability to scrobble, download art, does everything)

10. RockPlayer lite. every video format player

11. spinlet grin grin grin grin Naija representing. our very own itunes/googlemusic/grooveshark equivalent

12, swiftkey x keyboard

13 Twicca twitter client

14. whatsapp

15. Orbot Tor client

16 temple run, wifi manager, titanium backup, xda premium app, the HOLY bible tongue, Chainfire 3D (graphic card emulator/booster),Google Drive client, Flash, Instagram, Mass effect infiltratoropera mini, setdns, barcode scanner, flashlight app

and thats just the ones on my low 2 yr old fone.

tell me the equivalents on WP 7

No one has said you dont have enough apps, even my 3310 has enough apps. the question is what can you do with your device that I CANNOT WITH MY ANDROID, MUCH LESS SGS 3?
why are you people dodging this particular question?

i can do countless things with my android that you cannot. but we are supposed to be competitors?

you mention gaming. which HD game does WP have? Fifa? Call of Duty? which xbox game? grin grin grin grin

dude, everyone and their dog knows that the HDMI out function on android enables you play the friggin games, watch the movies etc, mirror your phone desktop to a monitor or tv
Type GAME into the play store search box and start counting.

better prospects? grin grin grin grin my xperia has better prospects of flying to the moon unaided. xbox my arse grin grin grin
WP will NEVER rival IOS or Android as a gaming platform, FACT!

btw, YOUR LUMIA IS NOT GOING TO GET WP8 , I HOPE YOU KNOW. its not kuku as if the wp8 will magically turn the things into supa stars sef

as for the price issue, and don't you think its ironic that your super lumia is being dashed out almost free? i mean wow, nokia and ms have got this wonderful fone thats better than the best android but are so magnanimous as to give it out for so cheap like our friend the marketer who bought 18,900 phones but is selling at 17, 000.

like seriously, what are you guys eating? must have lsd in it

I don't know why you find it so difficult to see somethings.
I don't have a lumia device but from what you and your folks displayed on the android vs symbian thread, I'm more than convinced that those apps are more than catered for. Also, giving the fact that wp has more effective apps than symbian which they achieved within a shorter period.

If you're still confused on the availability of HD games and xbox live games, Google and wp market place should clear your doubts.

Finally, I've stated it severally that I'm in no mood to compare the two phones and you're not going to push me into doing that. But I assure you that each phone has its pros and cons when compared to the other.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Opting Out From Etisalat's Ring Back Tune / How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? / Charging New Phone For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.