Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 (18857 Views)

How To Unbrick Your Verizon Gs3 SCH_1535 / Samsung Gs3 / Htc One X+ Vs Samsung Gs3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by emteecve(m): 6:18pm On Jul 30, 2012
tanx 2 u all 4 all ur comments.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 30, 2012
emteecve: tanx 2 u all 4 all ur comments.

no probs
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by jedisco(m): 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
@walcolm

I thought you said it makes no sense reading reviews that are paid for. Well I base my opinion on alot of things not just reviews. So you can go on reading reviews of every phone out there.

I have said you should stick to what you can prove. Maybe you should list those graphic intensive apps on the symbian vs android thread cos I'm tired of hearing senseless talk. BTW, What does the size of an app have to do with its functionality? Whether small or large, I need an app that functions.

The problem with you is that android has made you believe that you need at least 1gb of ram for a device to run smoothly. Well to clear your doubt, check out these videos
http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DY-B7fAOUjqs&v=Y-B7fAOUjqs&gl=US
http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhuWTi-9KUTY&v=huWTi-9KUTY&gl=US

You must be a novice to think that apple sells so much cos they offer very high specs.
Look back at when Samsung was still making symbian devices. They had much higher specs. But why do you think Nokia kept dominating the symbian market?
Now look at android. Almost all android phone makers apart from Samsung are either at a loss or making marginal profit. Do you think galaxy series sell so much cos they are too highly speced? HTC one x ought is also well speced but why do you think its sales are poor in comparison to GSIII?
Even if apple decides to make the iphone 5 with thesame specs as 4s but with 756mb ram and a 4 inch screen, it would still be a massive hit.
You should go back and do your homework on what makes people buy phones.

The problem with you is that you think that because a device has 2GB ram and is quad core then it should be faster than a lower speced one. Have you ever heard of the word OS and how they differ?

The fact still remains that lumia 900 with 512mb ram is one of the smoothest devices available cos not every os needs quad core to run smoothly.

In conclusion, it seems you believe so much in what you read and not in everyday usability. And you also believe in that GSIII is the best phone cos its very highly speced. Well I will leave you with your naive beliefs.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by jedisco(m): 10:38pm On Jul 30, 2012
joeydozzy:

@ jedisco, i agree with you but give the op some tips

Personally, I believe that for someone to ask this question it means he may not be so keen about the smartphone world. If wanted to buy a phone, I already know what to go for without asking.

So what I think is that the op is an everyday smartphone user who wants a snappy simple device that just works.
This is exactly what lumia (and ios) gives and besides its has a very very beautiful build- one of the finest phones around. I also believe that there is no nothing he would want to do or that there is any software he would need that is not currently available in lumia.
I would only advice him to go for GSIII if he fancies the larger screen. I'm not saying that its not fast, but wp is very easy to use.

All in all, If he wants a wp device, maybe he should wait for wp8 as it should take away certain limitations but that would be useful if he considers them limitations. Afterall, they've been on apple for ages.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by jedisco(m): 11:08pm On Jul 30, 2012
texazzpete: So hilarious to see these kids arguing among themselves.

Imagine folks comparing different phones and all someone could talk about is the hardware specs. Really?

Bottom line is, the GS3 is the most powerful phone on the planet now, and it's OS (Android 4.0) has a very vibrant ecosystem...it's a very solid buy.

The Lumia 900 is a gorgeous phone with a slick OS. It's not nearly as powerful as the GS3 and there are much fewer apps than the GS3 so that makes the GS3 a more sensible purchase.

But...contrary to what these kids here will tell you, the Lumia 900 is not a bad phone. It's an excellent , slick phone that owners love. there's a reason why the Lumia 900 has a higher satisfaction rating on Amazon Wireless than practically any other phone out there.

Still wondering who you were referring to as kids. Though I would not want to take on some wrong stuff in your post.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by jedisco(m): 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2012
emteecve: tanx 2 u all 4 all ur comments.

You're welcome. Hope you make good choice that suits your needs.

And sorry for derailing your thread
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by texazzpete(m): 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
chucky234: You must be an idio:t to call an old man like me a kid,I return that insult to your father at home. What phones have you used? You probably don't know what SGS3 look like,I have used the SGS2,SGS3,iphone 4,iphone4s and the One X which put me in a better position to judge.
SGS3 OS 4.0 and One X OS 4.1,for you to even mention OS shows how clueless you are above tech.
Check the official comparism above before you continue to display your deluded clueless moronic brain in public

BUHAHAHAHAHA!

See this small boy. I have used every single significant mobile OS out there...and I am vastly more knowledgeable than you in tech matters. I was one of the first in Nigeria to own a Galaxy S3...I used to own a HTC One X which I sold off to a friend. I've owned and used every single iPhone since the original version and I have used a Windows Phone 7.5 device for well over a month.

Do not argue with me you mentally addled halfwit. I stopped reading your m0r0nic post when you claimed the HTC One X had an AMOLED screen grin

Pure and simply, the Galaxy S 3 is the most powerful Smartphone is existence. Its Exynos SoC easily crushes the Tegra 3 in both GPU and CPU benchmarks in the international versions. The US versions have the same Snapdragon processors as the One X but the GS3 doubles the RAM of the One X at 2GB.

Please find someone on your level to argue with. I'll easily crush you in any discussion on tech, hands down.

1 Like

Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by texazzpete(m): 11:26pm On Jul 30, 2012
jedisco:

Still wondering who you were referring to as kids. Though I would not want to take on some wrong stuff in your post.

Kindly show me the 'wrong stuff' in my post...I'm all ears grin

Make sure of your facts before posting them sha...i'm not usually wrong.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by jedisco(m): 12:32am On Jul 31, 2012
texazzpete:

Kindly show me the 'wrong stuff' in my post...I'm all ears grin

Make sure of your facts before posting them sha...i'm not usually wrong.

Its good you seem very confident. Well I'm interested in two things from your post.

1. How do you define the word powerful on a mobile phone? Is it based on the specs and paper benchmarks or on the ease and speed of usage as it relates to your use?
Would you consider a laggy dual core 100mb ram device more powerful than a single core 50mb device which is smooth?
Would you consider a smartphone with a higher battery capacity to have better battery backup than another smartphone with a lower battery capacity but longer battery life?

Does the power of a phone solely depend on the processing capacity?

To me, the use of quad core and large rams on android although good, is akin to attaching a loaded bus (android os) to a ferarri. Yes it may still function well but once in a while, the resource hungry bug shows its face. Now compare that to putting some load in the ferarri, its bound to move fast without occasional hitches.
I would prefer a smooth os like ios or wp running on good hardware to android running on excellent hardware.

I'm asking cos I believe that for a smartphone user who is crazy about taking pics, the most powerful phone is Nokia 808.
For a person who does not want a very large screen phone that works smoothly with little or no help, the most powerful phone is iphone 4s.
For a person who is social-crazy, a good internet user who still wants cheap internet rates, the most powerful device is one of the BBs.

2. Coming to the issue of apps. Since the last time android users after 7 pages were unable to give useful apps not present on symbian out of their 450,000 (apart from current absence of online video call), I became very weary about this app stuff. Especially since the symbian guys were giving cogent reasons and some useful apps. My conclusion is that majority of those apps are cheap repeations, viruses or spam.

Moreover, I've gone though threads of favourite android, symbian and bb apps and I begin to wonder where all the thousand apps are.

So I've come to a conclusion that once a certain point is reached in the number of apps, most things left are just recurring decimals. The only exception maybe some games. I take this point to be the 100,000 mark which wp has reached.

Moreover, wp market place has more apps for any given phone than symbian. So thesame rule should apply here

Although I don't use a windows phone, I've been to wp market place and I think I'm quite impressed with the number, quality and speed of growth (which BTW is faster than that of android)

Lastly, app developers (especially HD game developers) are willing to support windows.

In conclusion, I think the issues of apps when comparing android to windows does not hold water.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by puskin: 1:50am On Jul 31, 2012
texazzpete:

BUHAHAHAHAHA!

See this small boy. I have used every single significant mobile OS out there...and I am vastly more knowledgeable than you in tech matters. I was one of the first in Nigeria to own a Galaxy S3...I used to own a HTC One X which I sold off to a friend. I've owned and used every single iPhone since the original version and I have used a Windows Phone 7.5 device for well over a month.

Do not argue with me you mentally addled halfwit. I stopped reading your m0r0nic post when you claimed the HTC One X had an AMOLED screen grin

Pure and simply, the Galaxy S 3 is the most powerful Smartphone is existence. Its Exynos SoC easily crushes the Tegra 3 in both GPU and CPU benchmarks in the international versions. The US versions have the same Snapdragon processors as the One X but the GS3 doubles the RAM of the One X at 2GB.

Please find someone on your level to argue with. I'll easily crush you in any discussion on tech, hands down.

Yep......unrepentant ROM flasher. grin grin grin
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by texazzpete(m): 6:39am On Jul 31, 2012
jedisco:

Its good you seem very confident. Well I'm interested in two things from your post.

1. How do you define the word powerful on a mobile phone? Is it based on the specs and paper benchmarks or on the ease and speed of usage as it relates to your use?
Would you consider a laggy dual core 100mb ram device more powerful than a single core 50mb device which is smooth?
Would you consider a smartphone with a higher battery capacity to have better battery backup than another smartphone with a lower battery capacity but longer battery life?

To me, the use of quad core and large rams on android although good, is akin to attaching a loaded bus (android os) to a ferarri. Yes it may still function well but once in a while, the resource hungry bug shows its face. Now compare that to putting some load in the ferarri, its bound to move fast without occasional hitches.
I would prefer a smooth os like ios or wp running on good hardware to android running on excellent hardware.

I'm asking cos I believe that for a smartphone user who is crazy about taking pics, the most powerful phone is Nokia 808.
For a person who does not want a very large screen phone that works smoothly with little or no help, the most powerful phone is iphone 4s.
For a person who is social-crazy, a good internet user who still wants cheap internet rates, the most powerful device is one of the BBs.

2. Coming to the issue of apps. Since the last time android users after 7 pages were unable to give useful apps not present on symbian out of their 450,000 (apart from current absence of online video call), I became very weary about this app stuff. Especially since the symbian guys were giving cogent reasons and some useful apps. My conclusion is that majority of those apps are cheap repeations, viruses or spam.

Moreover, I've gone though threads of favourite android, symbian and bb apps and I begin to wonder where all the thousand apps are.

So I've come to a conclusion that once a certain point is reached in the number of apps, most things left are just recurring decimals. The only exception maybe some games. I take this point to be the 100,000 mark which wp has reached.

Moreover, wp market place has more apps for any given phone than symbian. So thesame rule should apply here

Although I don't use a windows phone, I've been to wp market place and I think I'm quite impressed with the number, quality and speed of growth (which BTW is faster than that of android)

Lastly, app developers (especially HD game developers) are willing to support windows.

In conclusion, I think the issues of apps when comparing android to windows does not hold water.

All this lengthy rhetoric...and for what? To argue a non-existent case?

Bottom line is, in terms of raw processing power and 3D graphics rendering, the SoC in the Galaxy S3 far outstrips anything in Windows Phone, surpasses the chipset in the iPhone 4S and blows away anything in any Nokia phone.

Attempts to say that the Symbian app ecosystem is anywhere nearly as rich as Android or iOS is just laughable. Most of the big name devs tend to shun Symbian these days...heck, why root for an OS that even it's principal sponsor (nokia) has no desire to use in high end devices anymore?

I think you really need to educate yourself on current high end Android devices. the days of leveling the 'laggy' accusation at top drawer Android phones are over. Windows phone may be smooth while whisking through the UI but actual app performance will fall way behind the GS3 or the One X. We see this bear out it browser benchmarks, time to open apps, open large files etc. Definitely there's no comparison when it comes to 3D gaming. I have never had a slowdown on my GS3...

please stop confusing 'best' with 'powerful'. The pureview 808 is the best camera phone but it isn't nearly the most powerful camera phone. I haven't used one before but most of the reviews talk about slow browsers, UI freezing and slow app opening times. Is that your definition of 'powerful'?
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by texazzpete(m): 6:39am On Jul 31, 2012
jedisco:

All this lengthy rhetoric...and for what? To argue a non-existent case?

Bottom line is, in terms of raw processing power and 3D graphics rendering, the SoC in the Galaxy S3 far outstrips anything in Windows Phone, surpasses the chipset in the iPhone 4S and blows away anything in any Nokia phone.

Attempts to say that the Symbian app ecosystem is anywhere nearly as rich as Android or iOS is just laughable. Most of the big name devs tend to shun Symbian these days...heck, why root for an OS that even it's principal sponsor (nokia) has no desire to use in high end devices anymore?

I think you really need to educate yourself on current high end Android devices. the days of leveling the 'laggy' accusation at top drawer Android phones are over. Windows phone may be smooth while whisking through the UI but actual app performance will fall way behind the GS3 or the One X. We see this bear out it browser benchmarks, time to open apps, open large files etc. Definitely there's no comparison when it comes to 3D gaming. I have never had a slowdown on my GS3...

please stop confusing 'best' with 'powerful'. The pureview 808 is the best camera phone but it isn't nearly the most powerful camera phone. I haven't used one before but most of the reviews talk about slow browsers, UI freezing and slow app opening times. Is that your definition of 'powerful'?
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by walcolm(m): 9:10am On Jul 31, 2012
jedisco: @walcolm

I thought you said it makes no sense reading reviews that are paid for. Well I base my opinion on alot of things not just reviews. So you can go on reading reviews of every phone out there.

I have said you should stick to what you can prove. Maybe you should list those graphic intensive apps on the symbian vs android thread cos I'm tired of hearing senseless talk. BTW, What does the size of an app have to do with its functionality? Whether small or large, I need an app that functions.

The problem with you is that android has made you believe that you need at least 1gb of ram for a device to run smoothly. Well to clear your doubt, check out these videos
http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DY-B7fAOUjqs&v=Y-B7fAOUjqs&gl=US
http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhuWTi-9KUTY&v=huWTi-9KUTY&gl=US

You must be a novice to think that apple sells so much cos they offer very high specs.
Look back at when Samsung was still making symbian devices. They had much higher specs. But why do you think Nokia kept dominating the symbian market?
Now look at android. Almost all android phone makers apart from Samsung are either at a loss or making marginal profit. Do you think galaxy series sell so much cos they are too highly speced? HTC one x ought is also well speced but why do you think its sales are poor in comparison to GSIII?
Even if apple decides to make the iphone 5 with thesame specs as 4s but with 756mb ram and a 4 inch screen, it would still be a massive hit.
You should go back and do your homework on what makes people buy phones.

The problem with you is that you think that because a device has 2GB ram and is quad core then it should be faster than a lower speced one. Have you ever heard of the word OS and how they differ?

The fact still remains that lumia 900 with 512mb ram is one of the smoothest devices available cos not every os needs quad core to run smoothly.

In conclusion, it seems you believe so much in what you read and not in everyday usability. And you also believe in that GSIII is the best phone cos its very highly speced. Well I will leave you with your naive beliefs.

i think this is the point i stop exchanging with you on this topic. its pretty clear you find it hard to understand what you see or read.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by dani1luv: 11:05am On Jul 31, 2012
Never heard of both phones before grin grin
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 31, 2012
emteecve: guys in d house. Pls which is better, samsung galaxy s3 or nokia lumia 900? Tanx
Please avoid the thunderous debaters. Go for Galaxy s3
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by mspookie: 11:14am On Jul 31, 2012
watever! undecided
Samsung S3 is just better
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by hardbody: 11:36am On Jul 31, 2012
Na wa 4 una, over sabi na major disease sef. Some guy brings a question to the board, he needs direction and you guys simply veer off tangentially without as much as referencing his question. This flagrant display of skills in the phone/computer world does not in anyway serve the interest of the guy. How about you guys explain in simple terms which of the phones is better or alternatively, why he should avoid one and stick to the other. The rest of us will also learn. Please guys, make una take am easy ok?
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by francis247(m): 11:37am On Jul 31, 2012
What is going on here? Is Lumia 900 greater than 808 pureview Let alone SGS 3?
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by sucrecruz: 11:38am On Jul 31, 2012
@All u smart phone gurus please explain in lay mans language if one is to buy which one will be best to buy for one like me who has no detailed idea about smart phone
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Bawss1(m): 11:52am On Jul 31, 2012
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Gwekzy: 11:53am On Jul 31, 2012
With all Due respecT 2 Nokia Dat SamsunG S3 Is Outa Dis WorlD!!!!In a league of its. Own...D BesT Smartfone Ever
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Next2Bezee(m): 11:58am On Jul 31, 2012
chucky234: Who is this moronic goon who knows nothing about tech,S3 battery is poo compare to the One X,check for yourself so you can feed your empty clueless brain

OFFICIAL COMPARSIM:
• While the Galaxy S3 is slimmer, the
HTC One X is just 0.3mm bigger, but
it’s “lighter, feels slimmer and looks way better.”
• The Galaxy S3 has a removable
battery, but the HTC One X’s battery
can “easily” last a full day. The HTC
One X non-removable battery design
“allows implementation of unibody
design which is more resistant to dust
and water.” Furthermore, the Galaxy
S3’s removable battery means that
users will need a separate battery
charger, “often impractical, especially
when traveling.” When changing
batteries, the Galaxy S3 would have to be turned off to make the change.
• While the Galaxy S3 has a micro SD
card slot that lets users bump their
total memory, the One X comes with
32GB internal memory and 25GB of
Dropbox cloud storage.
• The Galaxy S3 has a bigger display,
but it’s “less bright and blush
especially from an angle and is lower
density.” Moreover, the PenTile
technology used by the Galaxy S3
display is “commonly known as being
inferior compare [sic] to true HD LCD
display.” HTC goes to great lengths to
compare the two display technologies
by showing the differences between
AMOLED and SLCD2 displays and
between PenTile and regular RGB-RGB
panels.When it comes to certain specs
and features the One X is better than
the Galaxy S3, the documentation suggests. It has a:
• Better speed/faster – Quad-core
1.5GHz vs Quad-core 1.4
• Better camera – 70% better quality
with f2.0, Faster: 4fps/99 shot, Faster
startup: 0.7s vs Poor low light with f2.6,
Slower: 3fps/20shots, Slower startup: 0.99sec.
• Better sound – Beats Audio vs “none”
• Better screen – Brighter & cleaner,
higher density vs “Dull Bluish,” lower density
• Better durability – Polycarbonate vs Plastic
• Better design – “World acclaimed” vs
“Disappointing”Some of HTC’s claims
are rather silly, and can be easily
debunked but you can’t blame HTC for trying. At the same time, some of the “flaws” it tries to defend aren’t
necessarily flaws. Nevertheless, the
One X is definitely a great handset, and alongside the Galaxy S3, they are the best Android smartphones made to date. But as it often is the case in the Android mobile ecosystem, a better high-end smartphone is almost
certainly down the road. At the end of
the day, it’s up to buyers to choose
between the Galaxy S3 and the One X, and if they end up buying the first one, it’s not necessarily because the
Samsung phone is the better choice.
There are other factors that could
influence that decision.
Samsung’s marketing efforts and the
increased hype around the third device in a family of illustrious predecessors, are all factors that will eventually help the Galaxy S3 beat the One X when it comes to overall sales.What HTC seems to lack is a strong smartphone brand name – Samsung has a strong “Galaxy S” family of high-end smartphones –
although the company has corrected
that this year, by launching its “One”
line.

STOP
trolling this thread, Where did you get your comparison from....channelstv.com?? Get your facts straight before posting.

OFFICIAL TECH CRUNCH COMPARISON

Galaxy 3 Screen Size - 4.​8 ​inch
HTC One X Screen Size - 4.​7 ​inch

Galaxy 3 Features - Ambient Light Sensor, Multi Touch, Proximity Sensor, Scratch Resistant Glass
HTC One X Features - Multi Touch, Proximity Sensor

Galaxy 3 Battery Capacity - 2,​100 ​mAh
HTC One X Battery Capacity - 1,​800 ​mAh

G3 Wireless Connectivity - 3G, 4G, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot Tethering, NFC, WiFi
One X Wireless Connectivity - Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi (No Tethering...You can't use it as a wireless modem for your PC)

http://smartphones.techcrunch.com/compare/245-249/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-vs-HTC-One-X
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Oscarstyx(m): 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2012
I have been on the issue of the SGS3 for over a week now....on paper its d best smart phone on the planet...."For ME"....its specs are simply amazing....i currently use nokia n8 with belle on board(i updated from anna) and i can say with one simple game running (ibomber) i always run out of ram juice.... Lumia is a great line but i A̶̲̥̅♏ convinced from all d reviews online that d s3 is far better......nokia is officially dead for me and i A̶̲̥̅♏ jumping ship as soon as possible.....poster go fro the S3....(I will advise yu read dis....http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s3-review-50006020/)
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Oscarstyx(m): 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2012
A few paragraphs from d cnet review.......Indeed, this phone sits at the very top of the smart phone spectrum -- rival high-end Androids at this lofty price are hard to find. The main alternative is HTC's quad-core brute -- the One X -- which is actually more affordable than the S3 but not such a powerhouse, judging by my benchmark tests. Samsung also makes an even larger device -- the Galaxy Note -- which is a smart phone that's pushing into mini tablet territory. 

The main non-Android rival device to the S3 is Apple's top-of-the-range blower, the iPhone 4S -- at least until the iPhone 5 lands. The 4S can be bagged for around the same monthly toll as the S3.

Apple's iOS software is generally slicker and easier to use than Android, with a simplified interface that's really straightforward to use. However, iOS won't appeal to people who really like to drill down, tweak, tinker and customize their kit. You guys will fall hook, line and sinker for the S3's customizeable charms -- relishing the fine-grained opportunities Android opens up for customizing and controlling your digital environs.

Make yur own decisions....A̶̲̥̅♏ still looking for a comparison of a lumia and d S3....
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Oscarstyx(m): 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2012
A few paragraphs from d cnet review.......Indeed, this phone sits at the very top of the smart phone spectrum -- rival high-end Androids at this lofty price are hard to find. The main alternative is HTC's quad-core brute -- the One X -- which is actually more affordable than the S3 but not such a powerhouse, judging by my benchmark tests. Samsung also makes an even larger device -- the Galaxy Note -- which is a smart phone that's pushing into mini tablet territory. 

The main non-Android rival device to the S3 is Apple's top-of-the-range blower, the iPhone 4S -- at least until the iPhone 5 lands. The 4S can be bagged for around the same monthly toll as the S3.

Apple's iOS software is generally slicker and easier to use than Android, with a simplified interface that's really straightforward to use. However, iOS won't appeal to people who really like to drill down, tweak, tinker and customize their kit. You guys will fall hook, line and sinker for the S3's customizeable charms -- relishing the fine-grained opportunities Android opens up for customizing and controlling your digital environs.

Make yur own decisions....A̶̲̥̅♏ still looking for a comparison of a lumia and d S3....
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by Rhino5dm: 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2012
S3 . . .♥♥♡♡♡♡♡.

ever since the day I finger'ed you, my life changed. is there anything more smoother than you? cool
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:46pm On Jul 31, 2012
jedisco:

At this point, you completely lost the plot.

this is illogical argument at its best. and its completely flawed and so untrue. so you visited the android market but was not impressed? but the WP market impressed you? the apps in WP market do what exactly? farting apps ? ringtones? grin grin grin grin grin grin

how the Fook do you expect anyone to list all the apps on android? and precisely how many apps do you think the average user will install at any given time?

To clear your confusion, the catch phrase is "there is an app for that". that is the issue, not this FUD you are spreading.

for any given thing you intend to achieve with your phone at the material time, is it possible? yes or no. that is what sets the ecosystems apart.
its a non-starter comparing apps on WP to ANY ECOSYSTEM, even BADA tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin

incidentally, your much vaunted WP7 is playing catch up, which even microsoft acknowledges. lots of everyday mundane stuff are actually very deficient or impossible on that platform. for example, does it now have a decent youtube application?

maybe you should check the list of "features" that WP 8 will add and see that there is not 1 feature that is unique or not ALREADY on ios and android.

as for performance etc. the first question is, is your Lumia even capable of running things that will task its performance? grin grin grin
how many games capable of taking a phone to the limit exist on WP? grin grin grin

BTW since the flagships are being compared, why do you keep citing old android phones that came with froyo and gingerbread as benchmarks? is lumia better or smoother than any ICS or JELLYBEAN phone? undecided undecided

sure the specs game is not where it ends, but what you are doing is equivalent to claiming that a Hyundai Sonata is better than a BMW because ...... whatever. fill in the gap.......
they are not even in the same league!

even more amazing is that this phone that you claim to be a flagship or Nokia/MS WP is being given out for almost free, how can a flagship on firesale be at par with one with millions in pre-order? before they put lumia on sales, how many units were they selling?

apparently, you seem to think the whole wide tech world that has put SGS 3 at the top of the food chain are ignorant abi?
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by chucky234(m): 12:46pm On Jul 31, 2012
texazzpete:

BUHAHAHAHAHA!

You were one of the first people to buy SGS3 in Nigeria but I was one of the few people that imported the SGS3 into Nigeria,do you see how stu:pid you are?
You claimed to have used all iphones,SGS3 and One X without evidence, but I said I have used them and you can find evidence on the NL phone ad section. I have been importing high-tech phones for over five years and has been one of the consistence sellers on NL for the past three whole years,I just bought 20 pieces of the Samsung galaxy pocket from Samsung at the rate of N18,900 per unit then decided ti sell them out to NLanders for N17,000 per unit.
I have sold laptops on NL at unbelievable prices that's because I was the West Africa sales manager for an American tech company for three years and you foolishly think my appointment was a fluke.
So tell me what makes you think you know jack about tech
You keep talking about 2gb RAM and GPU and CPU, benchmark and yet claimed to know shit about tech,I still repeat that the One X is a better phone. If you mention benchmark PI then take the One S as it flop both the One X and S3 in that regard.
All your empty ideas were copied from the internet where junkies analyzed phones they never thave the opportunity to use,my argument are solely based on user experience.
Sure, the S III has a bigger battery (2100mAh), but
the Exynos chipset clearly lacks the extra
power-saving core of Tegra 3 while the One X has a power-saving fifth core to backup its battery which guarantee a long usage duration.
The polycarbonate boby of the HTC One X eclipsed the glossy plastic body of the S3, the HTC sense UI is amazing.
The music experience on the One X with the Dr. Dre beat audio earpiece is unrivalled not even the Samsung TouchWiz can beat the Sense UI, the 3D performance of the One S is also better than the One X and S3.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by chucky234(m): 12:53pm On Jul 31, 2012
Next2Bezee:

STOP
trolling this thread, Where did you get your comparison from....channelstv.com?? Get your facts straight before posting.

OFFICIAL TECH CRUNCH COMPARISON

Galaxy 3 Screen Size - 4.​8 ​inch
HTC One X Screen Size - 4.​7 ​inch

Galaxy 3 Features - Ambient Light Sensor, Multi Touch, Proximity Sensor, Scratch Resistant Glass
HTC One X Features - Multi Touch, Proximity Sensor

Galaxy 3 Battery Capacity - 2,​100 ​mAh
HTC One X Battery Capacity - 1,​800 ​mAh

G3 Wireless Connectivity - 3G, 4G, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot Tethering, NFC, WiFi
One X Wireless Connectivity - Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi (No Tethering...You can't use it as a wireless modem for your PC)

http://smartphones.techcrunch.com/compare/245-249/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-vs-HTC-One-X

You went to a website that is no officially recognised as a phone reviewer to prove your stu:pidity, have you ever lay your hands on high tech phone in your entire life? You can't even afford a SGP and come here to display your clueless moronic combobulated brain,go get a life kid.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by walcolm(m): 12:54pm On Jul 31, 2012
francis247: What is going on here? Is Lumia 900 greater than 808 pureview Let alone SGS 3?

the Lumia 900 is Nokia's flagship so you can safely assume it packs more punch than the 808 but both of them dont come near the GS3. that said, if you are not a power user or just have money to throw around on expensive toys, you dont need to get the GS3 if you wont use the power it puts in your hands
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by gator666: 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2012
The day I buy another Nokia, please ask immigration to deport me from here, lol.

Seriously, Nokia was, kind of, the best many years ago, but not anymore.

Now, Samsung rules and Sony is not far behind, after breaking up with Ericsson.
Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2012
chucky234: You were one of the first people to buy SGS3 in Nigeria but I was one of the few people that imported the SGS3 into Nigeria,do you see how stu:pid you are?
You claimed to have used all iphones,SGS3 and One X without evidence, but I said I have used them and you can find evidence on the NL phone ad section. I have been importing high-tech phones for over five years and has been one of the consistence sellers on NL for the past three whole years,I just bought 20 pieces of the Samsung galaxy pocket from Samsung at the rate of N18,900 per unit then decided ti sell them out to NLanders for N17,000 per unit.
I have sold laptops on NL at unbelievable prices that's because I was the West Africa sales manager for an American tech company for three years and you foolishly think my appointment was a fluke.
So tell me what makes you think you know jack about tech
You keep talking about 2gb RAM and GPU and CPU, benchmark and yet claimed to know shit about tech,I still repeat that the One X is a better phone. If you mention benchmark PI then take the One S as it flop both the One X and S3 in that regard.
All your empty ideas were copied from the internet where junkies analyzed phones they never thave the opportunity to use,my argument are solely based on user experience.
Sure, the S III has a bigger battery (2100mAh), but
the Exynos chipset clearly lacks the extra
power-saving core of Tegra 3 while the One X has a power-saving fifth core to backup its battery which guarantee a long usage duration.
The polycarbonate boby of the HTC One X eclipsed the glossy plastic body of the S3, the HTC sense UI is amazing.
The music experience on the One X with the Dr. Dre beat audio earpiece is unrivalled not even the Samsung TouchWiz can beat the Sense UI, the 3D performance of the One X is also better than the One X and S3.

SENSE is NOT amazing...... pls don't. pls

One X does NOT have better battery life compared with SGS 3

The Processor in SGS 3 (International version) SHATS on the one in One X hands down. power saving core fifth my arse
if you claim to know about tech as you claim then you would know that those Tegra 3 processors are a big let down and disappointment

Beats By DRE? dude YOU KNOW NADA ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!. jesus, do you know thats just a equalizer profile and is available on practically every custom rom on xda?

you failed to tell us why ONE x 1gb RAM is BETTER THAN SGS 2gb RAM

AND FINALLY, are you our in-house father christmas? you bought galaxy pocket for 18, 900 and sell for 17, 000? really? thats nice of you

IF you have some ONE X Units to sell, and this thread is spoiling your market, let it be known and we will remove the thread. all this Gorillaz CHest Thumping Argument cannot turn logic and commonsense on its head na mr oga. FFS even the real devs that tinker this fones hold the SGS 3 as the android pinnacle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Opting Out From Etisalat's Ring Back Tune / How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? / Charging New Phone For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.