Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan (42244 Views)

Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by kawkab: 7:14am On Aug 06, 2012
Pastor Tunde Bakare’s bracing criticism of the state of Nigerian politics continued today, with his spotlight turning on First Lady Patience Jonathan.

Before delivering his latest salvo in a series that began on July 22, Mr. Bakare reviewed the firestorm in cyberspace over his previous sermon titled “How to Change the Government Peacefully.” He remarked that “whether anybody likes it or not, we are not waiting for time to tell. The time is already telling.” In a fervent defense of a political bent in his recent sermons, Mr. Bakare stated, “You may say I no longer teach you Bible but politics. That’s fine. Use it, and we will have a new nation.”

He criticized the declaration of self-autonomy by the Ogoni people. Even so, he condemned the insincerity on the part of the Federal Government and the State Security Service (SSS), carpeting them for pretending to be unaware of the developments in Ogoniland.

“On the 2nd of August, Ogoni people declared their own political autonomy from Nigeria’s political landscape, and 72 hours after this declaration, the Federal Government is playing deaf and dumb. The Special Assistant to the Information Minister says they are not aware of such declaration. Whereas, I had preached a simple message on how to change government peacefully and make the society better, and within two hours the tape had landed on the table of the State
Security Department that they began to hound me the following day,” said the pastor.

Mr. Bakare’s topic for today was titled “Personal Insecurity/Inferiority Aborts Your Destiny (Part 1).” The talk lampooned Mrs. Jonathan’s recent covetous behavior, describing her as suffering from a psyche of characteristic inferiority. The activist pastor, who was a vice presidential candidate to General Muhammadu Buhari (ret.), asserted that Mrs. Jonathan’s background as a stark pauper caused her to seek “aggressive compensation.” He added that, because Nigeria’s First Lady was unsure of the reality of the provisions she currently enjoys, she wants to secure her sudden opulence at all cost, even at the detriment of public interest.

“Now I know why Jonathan’s wife has become Permanent Secretary; they are preparing her for the position of the Prime Minister of Niger Delta Republic,” quipped Mr. Bakare. He condemned the desperation with which Mrs. Jonathan seeks to be the head of all Africa’s First Ladies, a permanent secretary in Bayelsa State, as well as her possible greed for political power in a prospective Niger Delta Republic.

Mr. Bakare stated, “In the time of Awolowo, Nnamdi Azikiwe and Ahmadu Bello, they annexed
their resources to the development of their regions and there were serious competitions in each region, which in turn contributed to the federal purse. Now, it is the turn of Otuoke people, and they are declaring autonomy.”

Mr. Bakare prayed that any agenda set to balkanize the nation would fail. “We are not saying that people should not control the resources in their own regions, but they had benefited from the largesse of our unity in the past. Now, they cannot divorce when they have their own child.” He added, “It is not true that Nigeria was formed by Lord Lugard, no. The Bible says in Acts 14 that God predetermines the boundaries of all nations. He only used the hands of those in the Western world (to form Nigeria).”

The pastor’s sermon suggested that President Goodluck Jonathan’s gluttony for power and the First Lady’s actions portrayed a couple bent on executive misadventures.

“Within ten years from when he was working among the marine animals, [Mr. Jonathan] was appointed to become deputy governor, and then became acting governor. Without even thinking about it, he was appointed as vice presidential candidate and, by doctrine of necessity, he became acting president. Before he could study how to act, God factor made him President. Now, he has not even performed in 2011/2012, he is planning for 2015. His middle name is Jeroboam!” said Mr. Bakare.

In a series of declamations, Mr. Bakare asserted, “When the shoeless takes over, he does clueless things. When such men of low estate find themselves in power, terrible things begin to happen.” He added, “It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in majestic silence.”

In today’s sermon, Mr. Bakare narrated a reported encounter between Mr. Jonathan and Cardinal Anthony Olubunmi Okogie during a visit by the former prior to the 2011 elections. Bakare related that Mr. Jonathan had requested that the Catholic prelate pray for him to win the 2011 election. In response, the latter reportedly prophesied, “You will win, but you will not rule.”

Pastor Bakare stated that the prophecy had been realized since Mrs. Jonathan and members of a cabal had overshadowed the president.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/pastor-bakare-lampoons-mrs-patience-jonathan

12 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by kawkab: 7:17am On Aug 06, 2012
I wonder what is Pastor's Bakare's motives are

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by warrior01: 7:49am On Aug 06, 2012
The truth is gradually coming out. So it's all about suppresing the niger delta cos of quest for resource control. Hmm!

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Super1759: 7:51am On Aug 06, 2012
Please!!! Please!! This man is not a pastor. The qualities of a pastor are just absent.
A pastor should be committed to the well-being of his member spiritually. Preach and win souls for God. He is a shephard and not a political analyst. How can I dress up to church to hear word of God and it turns to political studies.

28 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Kpac(m): 7:59am On Aug 06, 2012
Passion and Pain.....
For the true compatriots of this country,what tunde bakare has said would makes so much sense and to the others,laugh it off.
There are still some Nigerians who love this country with everything in them.....Tunde bakare,I salute you.
Between 7pm and 7am this morning,like every other day,thousands of my brothers,sistes,uncles and aunties are robbed,raped,killed,beaten,kidnapped and other taken for rituals....No protection from their president,no passion either from the first lady....
The number of prostitutes we have this year is almost twice of last year,yet they still struggle to make ends meet......Yet the first lady doesn't concern herself with their existence.
By God's grace,the Jeroboam and his cabinets would soon become history of painful memories.

79 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by inspirenet: 8:10am On Aug 06, 2012
Kpac: Passion and Pain.....
For the true compatriots of this country,what tunde bakare has said would makes so much sense and to the others,laugh it off.
There are still some Nigerians who love this country with everything in them.....Tunde bakare,I salute you.
Between 7pm and 7am this morning,like every other day,thousands of my brothers,sistes,uncles and aunties are robbed,raped,killed,beaten,kidnapped and other taken for rituals....No protection from their president,no passion either from the first lady....
The number of prostitutes we have this year is almost twice of last year,yet they still struggle to make ends meet......Yet the first lady doesn't concern herself with their existence.
By God's grace,the Jeroboam and his cabinets would soon become history of painful memories.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Kpac(m): 8:25am On Aug 06, 2012
Pastor and Politics
Because we've had a pastor so concerned about this country doesn't make him fake. Even in d bible,every of God's prophets were different from eachother and if there's anyone that belives so much in diversity,its God himself.
A pastor is not a robot, as a matter of fact,they are referred to as shepherds.....If nothing bad happens to their sheep,if the grasses are green for their consumption,the water is clean for their cleaning,drugs are available for their treatments,every shepherd would be happy and when he stands and looks at his flock,he would be just so excited and fulfilled.....But when his sheeps are struggling and suffering,thou he maintains calm amongst them,he is ready to fight anything for the sake of his sheeps......
Every sunday morning, pastors are faced with so much difficulties their members are facing,some lost their lives due to bad roads,some are lying sick for months at the hospital due to poor health infrastructures,some had their shops demolished due to strict goverment measures,some had dropped out from school because the school fees have been increased by 150%,some have just lost their jobs,some are in critical condition just because they unsuspectedly took fake drugs obtained in a chemist,some are jobless for months,running into years,despite having a bachelor's degree,some came announing their intention to return back to the village because the house rent has toppled and some of the members have their life savings forced out of them as fines paid because they were caught passing one way,in a bid to avoid making his only car break down in an unpassable water logged very deep pit on his own normal lane..........
If you are a good shepherd and your sheep suffers any of these and still hears the president of your country spends about 40 Million naira daily on food,newspapers,diesel and drinks,I wonder how you would still be able to look into your sheep faces,open your bible and again preach to them hope,when its glaring the hardships are due to poor governance.
Even from the old testaments,God has always being actively involved in politics.
If your own pastor doesn't talk about politics at all and anotherr do,please do not criticize,they have their difference in their calling,in their nature and in their life phylosophies.

131 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by warrior01: 9:02am On Aug 06, 2012
Tis now quite obvious that tunde bakare is obsessed with denigrading Gej and his family not even minding that it is the same God he claims he is serving that put Gej there. He no more cares about the spiritual wellbeing of his members but he is busy sowing seeds of discord and hatred in their hearts all in the name of politics and it doesn't take rocket science for any reasonable person to discern this. Is God happy with him? The answer is NO cos he is presently not Christ like.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by banki(m): 9:19am On Aug 06, 2012
Abeg all of you criticizing the pastor should SHUT UP,is there anything he has said in his sermons in the last 4 weeks thats a lie? if it is a lie please tell us which one, are we happy with the way things are in the country if we are lets clap our hands and praise PDP and the ruling government. thats how he talked and now GEJ was made acting president now he is an enemy because he is telling the truth! Where were you and your pastors when turai and her cabal held GEj and Nigeria to ransom?why didnt you people talk.... bloody hipocrites

34 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by kunlekunle: 9:21am On Aug 06, 2012
Nigerians are in a deep state of sleep. the pastor is just making a wake up call,
he is simply telling you to know your rights.
Why the whites were not sent out of south Africa? mandella said he reqd at least 120,000 intelligent people to take over the govt, which he hasnt got.

Even 50 Bakare, 120 soyinka, 60 falana would jump start our road to political and democratic freedom.

AWARENESS.

27 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by slimdiggi: 10:18am On Aug 06, 2012
Preach on Preacher!

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by ifihearam: 10:20am On Aug 06, 2012
kunlekunle: Nigerians are in a deep state of sleep. the pastor is just making a wake up call,
he is simply telling you to know your rights.
Why the whites were not sent out of south Africa? mandella said he reqd at least 120,000 intelligent people to take over the govt, which he hasnt got.

Even 50 Bakare, 120 soyinka, 60 falana would jump start our road to political and democratic freedom.

AWARENESS.

What useless awareness are you talking about??if he wants to be a full politician,let him leave the church and concentrate on politics then we can see reasons but as at now he is just making a fool of himself,I pity the church members.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Okijajuju1(m): 10:21am On Aug 06, 2012
What more is there to say..

The Pastor has gone mad...

I had no idea that losing the elections hurt this much..

9 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by temi4fash(m): 10:24am On Aug 06, 2012
ride on pastor

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Diamonddamsel: 10:25am On Aug 06, 2012
Super1759: Please!!! Please!! This man is not a pastor. The qualities of a pastor are just absent.
A pastor should be committed to the well-being of his member spiritually. Preach and win souls for God. He is a shephard and not a political analyst. How can I dress up to church to hear word of God and it turns to political studies.
I tire o.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by seedord247(m): 10:25am On Aug 06, 2012
This is the true quality of a true pastor.

14 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Libkid(m): 10:25am On Aug 06, 2012
Are u sure diz guy is a pastor.he should go kiss transforma

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Sike(m): 10:26am On Aug 06, 2012
See who's lambasting.. Mtcheew!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by warrior01: 10:26am On Aug 06, 2012
The man needs to repent and accept Christ in his life

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by chidexy(m): 10:27am On Aug 06, 2012
banki: Abeg all of you criticizing the pastor should SHUT UP,is there anything he has said in his sermons in the last 4 weeks thats a lie? if it is a lie please tell us which one, are we happy with the way things are in the country if we are lets clap our hands and praise PDP and the ruling government. thats how he talked and now GEJ was made acting president now he is an enemy because he is telling the truth! Where were you and your pastors when turai and her cabal held GEj and Nigeria to ransom?why didnt you people talk.... bloody hipocrites

finding the truth in his statements is really the issue. Innuendos and abuse of person isn't the way to achieve whatever he's set out to. Of course, ACN cheerleaders and bootlickers will applaud his rantings

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by chyzoo4u(m): 10:29am On Aug 06, 2012
All I can see is... frustration from a potential and practical looser!

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by proudlyafrican(m): 10:34am On Aug 06, 2012
I just can`t figure out any sense in his speech,i will prefer a constructive criticism backed with facts than just insulting someone to gain cheap popularity........Please i beg to leave this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by ebamma(m): 10:35am On Aug 06, 2012
na the only pastor for nigeria be this were no dey only preach about sowing seed and paying tithe.More grease to your elbows pastor.

14 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by antitpiah: 10:36am On Aug 06, 2012
Patience Jonathan = Hillary Clinton.

I dey laff o
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by mirage(m): 10:37am On Aug 06, 2012
The Malcom X of our time.
Please understand that prayer don't answer all things. God will do it is a foolish man prayer, What must i do for God to move should be our concern. Enough of praying it is time to act. Heaven help those who help themself

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by justokey(m): 10:37am On Aug 06, 2012
In a series of declamations, Mr. Bakare asserted, “When the shoeless takes over, he does clueless things. When such men of low estate find themselves in power, terrible things begin to happen.” He added, “It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in majestic silence.”[i][/i]

Is Bakare saying that good things cannot come from poor or humble backgrounds?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by gegee(m): 10:37am On Aug 06, 2012
Na wa u could almost taste the hate and bitterness against jonathan in bakare's tone

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by miteolu(m): 10:38am On Aug 06, 2012
Bakare is not a pastor

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by odumdesmond: 10:40am On Aug 06, 2012
my problem with a pastor/politician nature of Bakare is that while a pure politician clearly shows his motive of criticizing a govt in power as to make it unpopular so as to gain political favour of electorates during election,he is also open to attacks and all manners of criticism by supporters of the sitting govt. A pastor/politician mounts the pulpit and is given the priviledge and respect as a man of God, a sort of immunity from attacks, is it not written that christains speak no evil concerning the man of God nor touch his anointed? Now a pastor/politician uses his pulpit, a sort of immunity from response by even church members that love the sitting govt;to attack govt just to score political point. somebody should tell Bakare that aside being a pastor whom people ought to believe without arguing, he is now a politician and whatever he proclaims from the pulpit on sundays is no longer viewed as a sermon but a political gingle and subject to intense debate. Regrettably even God is now brought into politica; debates by politicians in the pulpit

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 06, 2012
Someone needs to strangle this lunatic that calls himself a pastor. His continued presence in the hemisphere has become a source of great nuisance and irritation.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by chyzoo4u(m): 10:41am On Aug 06, 2012
He's a pastor, and the bible says... do not be equally yoked with unbelievers I guess he knows about that passage before getting equally yoked with Buhari. The bible also admonishes us to pray for our leaders, yes! I can see him praying for the president... 'clueless'. Ok o....

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say / ''anybody Putting On 'attachment' Is Putting On Snake In The Realm Of Darkness'' / If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.