Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan (42234 Views)

Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by micklplus(m): 11:03am On Aug 06, 2012
I fear for naija!
Ahn ahn! If you are a pastor and you talk, they say, u missed your calling. It is worse if you are in the opposition! They say, you are ranting because, you lost an election.

Yet, nobody is ready to do anything about all this issues facing us as a nation.

The few that are talking are seen as either frustrated, losers, jealous or luther king wanna be!!!

Its sad when mentality is now totally warped that, it would be difficult for resistance to be achieved!!! That is what the leaders have done to us and they are still winning! As it is, they would win in a long time to come especially, if we continue to view whoever that is speaking out as frustrated, losers and marthin luther king wanna be!

11 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by mirage(m): 11:03am On Aug 06, 2012
Bakare is first a nigerian before been a pastor and if he is not a man of God, that is between him and his God. But the truth must be told,and if you think he is not telling the truth, please tell me who we should listen to.

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by OdunetLbs: 11:04am On Aug 06, 2012
I'm neither in support or againt Pst bakare, but being a pastor doesn't stop him from expressing his views...after all notable
activist in d past such as Dr Martin luther King were Reverends.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by naturalwaves: 11:05am On Aug 06, 2012
Well said bro.Most men of God shy away from saying d truth.that's what makes Bakare unique.Obasanjo and other men of questionable charcters cannot step into his church without getting trashed.He likes to call a spade a spade.Is that a crime?Ofcourse,d shoeless man will not leave Redeem without dropping some millions.SMH for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by ODB1: 11:05am On Aug 06, 2012
The man is spreading hate towards a particular ethnic group.

This is what the Nazis did to the Jews. In Europe he would have been in Jail for Hate-Speech.

This is the true Yoruba nature.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 06, 2012
When next am going to church,I need to go with my bible,a copy of the nigerian constitution and a dictionary! Some nigerian churches have now turned to a political gathering.smh! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by jiggo(m): 11:06am On Aug 06, 2012
All of u criticizing the man should go back and take a look @ your bible. Prophets of old (even when there was a king) were concerned with the way things were done in the land (look at Samuel...he even ordained KingDavid).
If we had all other top men of God saying this, do u think we won't have moved to the next level.
Pls whoever is angered with Pastor Tunde Bakare should hold his peace abeg. Christiands have fasted, prayed for this nation. Now its the time to take things by force (i do not mean in a violent way though)

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Acelifted: 11:07am On Aug 06, 2012
There is a big difference between speaking the truth and speaking at the right time and in the right way. When Jesus was asked what to do with the woman caught in adultery, He was not haste to respond neither did He respond the way you and I would have. The most ready reply was to tell them to and get the man she was caught in the act with. Needless to say that His answer achieved the best result.

Pastor Bakare may be speaking the truth but the acrimony and resentment underlying his messages betrays a bitterness that has not been dealt with. To use God's pulpit to get back at the people God ordained you to pray for is sacrilege.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Yaya6: 11:08am On Aug 06, 2012
Super1759: Please!!! Please!! This man is not a pastor. The qualities of a pastor are just absent.
A pastor should be committed to the well-being of his member spiritually. Preach and win souls for God. He is a shephard and not a political analyst. How can I dress up to church to hear word of God and it turns to political studies.

In a church where souls are meant to be won has finally turned into a house of political jingles and jamboree.Am sure that people are not attending this church for salvation again rather to discuss politics.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by juliebest(f): 11:08am On Aug 06, 2012
He should leave the pulpit and turn to full time politics
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by phreakabit(m): 11:12am On Aug 06, 2012
juliebest: He should leave the pulpit and turn to full time politics

I'd pray and fast for God to bless you bountifully!!!!
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by omoobanla(m): 11:12am On Aug 06, 2012
warrior01: Tis now quite obvious that tunde bakare is obsessed with denigrading Gej and his family not even minding that it is the same God he claims he is serving that put Gej there. He no more cares about the spiritual wellbeing of his members but he is busy sowing seeds of discord and hatred in their hearts all in the name of politics and it doesn't take rocket science for any reasonable person to discern this. Is God happy with him? The answer is NO cos he is presently not Christ like.

Sorry Son, It shows that u lack wisdom. Go and read the end of ur Bible very well wit grace of understanding if u have one.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Ayekomi: 11:13am On Aug 06, 2012
Tunde Bakare abi weting una de cal am, if you still be pastor, the situation in Nigeria never reach wen you go shut up and pray for change. Those days people of God pray to change situation not talking like parot. Prove ur self with ur kneel on ground and cry to God, stop this physical thing, you can't make it. No body will vote u into power. U go loose ur members ooooo. I advice u mind ur church and repent please.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by isaco(m): 11:13am On Aug 06, 2012
ifihearam:

What useless awareness are you talking about??if he wants to be a full politician,let him leave the church and concentrate on politics then we can see reasons but as at now he is just making a fool of himself,I pity the church members.
politics is for who? If men of God leave govt as you want definitely, they are leaving govt for d bad leaders and surely, dis ll produce bad result on us. Okay?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by naturalwaves: 11:13am On Aug 06, 2012
chrisxxx: Did Bakare contest the presidential election on his own volition or God asked him to? Which ever way, it is either he is serving a fake god or he is a mere greedy, desperate and despicable politician hiding in the cloak of priesthood.Pray for Jonathan because his well-being is Nigeria's well-being.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Dandas: 11:14am On Aug 06, 2012
Bakare is right,but let him also boldly condenm boko Haram and all their sponsors.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by joskin: 11:15am On Aug 06, 2012
miteolu: Bakare is not a pastor

Pastor Bakare or Bread Bakery
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 06, 2012
Super1759: Please!!! Please!! This man is not a pastor. The qualities of a pastor are just absent.
A pastor should be committed to the well-being of his member spiritually. Preach and win souls for God. He is a shephard and not a political analyst. How can I dress up to church to hear word of God and it turns to political studies.

Is that how you define a pastor? For those who don't know how Yugoslavia came about till date, i suggest you sought wikipedia...For there to be peace, war has to prevail, and if other pastors don't see how we are being treated in this part of the country, then they are concerned with their pockets, let us pray for Nigeria!! This has been something i have been hearing since i was born, and it keeps getting worse...I think the tables should be, let us fight Nigeria, you go to church and pray for what, that Nigeria should be a better place? How can that ever be possible, when greed has over-taken the heart of men, he is only giving his view-point, and you judge him, now, tell me, have you been to other states and see what poverty is, have you been to Taraba, Gombe, Benue, and so many more, have you seen these places? You don't understand the government better than he does...Would we have known how much our senators earn if it wasn't for people like him? Yet, the pastors you and i visit receive earnings from these so-called government, and yet you don't judge them? Why was Christ embassy involved in money laundering some years back, because the governments sees the church as an organization which can't be questioned when looting such amount of cash out of the country, and so they use the means of doing so, have you studied your own country before you judge someone who does? You talk of the church/pastor, yet we have the worst of problems in the whole of Africa.. Will God come down and help us while we pray, sit and do nothing... DO you sit in your house and pray to God to give you food on the table, wait and sit on the table, hold a fork and a knife and have your plate empty, pray to God and wait that food comes out from the sky, do you think that is how God works? I shame for this country, i shame for the churches and the so-called pastors....Because the heart of men are wicked, and i will not judge one person, never will i, so let the man do his thing, for he knows what he is fighting for.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by aku626(m): 11:16am On Aug 06, 2012
Nigerian needs enlightenment agreed! if he is the one to bring it let it be! we need to realisse that every nigerian is entitled to so much more.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by TalkingBird: 11:16am On Aug 06, 2012
What would Jesus say and do if he were to be on earth today?

Consider these examples:
John 6:15: “Jesus, knowing they [the Jews] were about to come and seize him to make him king, withdrew again into the mountain all alone.” Later, he told the Roman governor: “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.”—John 18:36.

John 17:16: “They are no part of the world, just as I [Jesus] am no part of the world.”

Luke 6:27, 28: “I [Jesus Christ] say to you who are listening, Continue to love your enemies, to do good to those hating you, to bless those cursing you, to pray for those who are insulting you.”

Matt. 26:52: “Jesus said to him: ‘Return your sword to its place, for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword.’” (Could there have been any higher cause for which to fight than to safeguard the Son of God? Yet, Jesus here indicated that those disciples were not to resort to weapons of physical warfare.)

and his followers had a similar mentality as seen below
Jas. 4:4: “Adulteresses, do you not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God.” (Why is the matter so serious? Because, as

1 John 5:19 says, “the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” At John 14:30, Jesus referred to Satan as being “the ruler of the world.” So, no matter what worldly faction a person might support, under whose control would he really come?)

He obviously has a different view of world events (John 12:31, Daniel 2:44).
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by hammedkola(m): 11:17am On Aug 06, 2012
kawkab: I wonder what is Pastor's Bakare's motives are

Pls don't wonder, 2015 is approaching, campaign don start be that... grin grin
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by phreakabit(m): 11:17am On Aug 06, 2012
Dandas: Bakare is right,but let him also boldly condenm boko Haram and all their sponsors.

Dey there dey wait. You go grow Nike Umbro beards.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by accused(m): 11:17am On Aug 06, 2012
Kpac: Passion and Pain.....
For the true compatriots of this country,what tunde bakare has said would makes so much sense and to the others,laugh it off.
There are still some Nigerians who love this country with everything in them.....Tunde bakare,I salute you.
Between 7pm and 7am this morning,like every other day,thousands of my brothers,sistes,uncles and aunties are robbed,raped,killed,beaten,kidnapped and other taken for rituals....No protection from their president,no passion either from the first lady....
The number of prostitutes we have this year is almost twice of last year,yet they still struggle to make ends meet......Yet the first lady doesn't concern herself with their existence.
By God's grace,the Jeroboam and his cabinets would soon become history of painful memories.
foolishness allways has its brother to defend any time u nd bakare are just d same,all i can hear frm u is aftermath of fustration.Bleep off
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by naturalwaves: 11:17am On Aug 06, 2012
It is d right of an individual to seek political office irrespective of what he does or who he is.Moreover,if d likes of Bakare,Soyinka etc do not seek political office where they can effect d necessary changes,we will be left with senseless people like u to do d ruling.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by angiemartinez(f): 11:17am On Aug 06, 2012
was dat a sermon meant 4 sunday service?
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by ismhab(m): 11:17am On Aug 06, 2012
MR. JEROBOAM.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Palmos: 11:18am On Aug 06, 2012
Well done. Pst bakare. I wonder if dis kind people kept silent. Nigeria. Would av turn to a GRA (government rejected area).[i]Well done. Pst bakare. I wonder if dis kind people kept silent. Nigeria. Would av turn to a GRA (government rejected area).[/i]Well done. Pst bakare. I wonder if dis kind people kept silent. Nigeria. Would av turn to a GRA (government rejected area).
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Palmos: 11:19am On Aug 06, 2012
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by truth4meal(m): 11:19am On Aug 06, 2012

Will u say Jesus Christ was only concern abt d spiritual well-being of his pple wen he feed them with bread and fish? Or is wine is spiritual well being package dat made christ turn water to wine? C look at Jesus and peruse the bible u will understand the "Political" Jesus. A man who fought against ill laws, corruption and sin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Palmos: 11:19am On Aug 06, 2012
Well done. Pst bakare. I wonder if dis kind people kept silent. Nigeria. Would av turn to a GRA (government rejected area).[i]Well done. Pst bakare. I wonder if dis kind people kept silent. Nigeria. Would av turn to a GRA (government rejected area).[/i]Well done. Pst bakare. I wonder if dis kind people kept silent. Nigeria. Would av turn to a GRA (government rejected area).
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by phreakabit(m): 11:20am On Aug 06, 2012
TalkingBird: What would Jesus say and do if he were to be on earth today?

Consider these examples:
Matt. 26:52: “Jesus said to him: ‘Return your sword to its place, for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword.’” (Could there have been any higher cause for which to fight than to safeguard the Son of God? Yet, Jesus here indicated that those disciples were not to resort to weapons of physical warfare.)

Luke 6:27, 28: “I [Jesus Christ] say to you who are listening, Continue to love your enemies, to do good to those hating you, to bless those cursing you, to pray for those who are insulting you.”

2 Cor. 10:3, 4: “Though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare according to what we are in the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things.” (Paul here states that he never resorted to fleshly weapons, such as trickery, high-sounding language, or carnal weapons, to protect the congregation against false teachings.)

John 17:16: “They are no part of the world, just as I [Jesus] am no part of the world.”

John 6:15: “Jesus, knowing they [the Jews] were about to come and seize him to make him king, withdrew again into the mountain all alone.” Later, he told the Roman governor: “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.”—John 18:36.

Jas. 4:4: “Adulteresses, do you not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God.” (Why is the matter so serious? Because, as 1 John 5:19 says, “the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” At John 14:30, Jesus referred to Satan as being “the ruler of the world.” So, no matter what worldly faction a person might support, under whose control would he really come?)

I think Jesus was familiar with this prophesy:
Isa. 2:2-4: “It must occur in the final part of the days that the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains . . . And he will certainly render judgment among the nations and set matters straight respecting many peoples. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, neither will they learn war anymore.” (Individuals out of all nations must personally decide what course they will pursue. Those who have heeded Jehovah’s judgment give evidence that he is their God.)

He obviously has a different view on world issues.

Thank you my brother. Besides the term Christian means Christ-like. I might not be the best Christian there is, but Isn't PastorMr Tunde Bakare suppose to be a PASTOR (which is implies that his is an advanced Christian) ?
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Palmos: 11:20am On Aug 06, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About / 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say / ''anybody Putting On 'attachment' Is Putting On Snake In The Realm Of Darkness''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.