Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan (42261 Views)

Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by lebrade: 1:28pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kpac: Pastor and Politics
Because we've had a pastor so concerned about this country doesn't make him fake. Even in d bible,every of God's prophets were different from eachother and if there's anyone that belives so much in diversity,its God himself.
A pastor is not a robot, as a matter of fact,they are referred to as shepherds.....If nothing bad happens to their sheep,if the grasses are green for their consumption,the water is clean for their cleaning,drugs are available for their treatments,every shepherd would be happy and when he stands and looks at his flock,he would be just so excited and fulfilled.....But when his sheeps are struggling and suffering,thou he maintains calm amongst them,he is ready to fight anything for the sake of his sheeps......
Every sunday morning, pastors are faced with so much difficulties their members are facing,some lost their lives due to bad roads,some are lying sick for months at the hospital due to poor health infrastructures,some had their shops demolished due to strict goverment measures,some had dropped out from school because the school fees have been increased by 150%,some have just lost their jobs,some are in critical condition just because they unsuspectedly took fake drugs obtained in a chemist,some are jobless for months,running into years,despite having a bachelor's degree,some came announing their intention to return back to the village because the house rent has toppled and some of the members have their life savings forced out of them as fines paid because they were caught passing one way,in a bid to avoid making his only car break down in an unpassable water logged very deep pit on his own normal lane..........
If you are a good shepherd and your sheep suffers any of these and still hears the president of your country spends about 40 Million naira daily on food,newspapers,diesel and drinks,I wonder how you would still be able to look into your sheep faces,open your bible and again preach to them hope,when its glaring the hardships are due to poor governance.
Even from the old testaments,God has always being actively involved in politics.
If your own pastor doesn't talk about politics at all and anotherr do,please do not criticize,they have their difference in their calling,in their nature and in their life phylosophies.
I have been visiting this site as a guest and I have waited patintly for someone like to help bear my mind in writing to really help those bias to political sentiments and religious myopic insights about who a pastor or shepherd really is.Even the bible makes us to understand that God is not a highpriest that is not touched by our infirmities and as such I very much support Your great insight on what you believe Pastor Bakare is doing.For those who think being a pastor is only about preaching sermons,who do you think God sends to deliver or liberate nations of course He would not turn to those that are not equiped to like in the case of Moses and the isrealites,God sent His servant,Man of God,Shepherd and Son in the person of moses.So why then is pastor Bakare's Audacity to challenge the goverment perceived to be hypocricy and loss of direction to his mandate as a pastor?Selah

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kpac: Pastor and Politics
Because we've had a pastor so concerned about this country doesn't make him fake. Even in d bible,every of God's prophets were different from eachother and if there's anyone that belives so much in diversity,its God himself.
A pastor is not a robot, as a matter of fact,they are referred to as shepherds.....If nothing bad happens to their sheep,if the grasses are green for their consumption,the water is clean for their cleaning,drugs are available for their treatments,every shepherd would be happy and when he stands and looks at his flock,he would be just so excited and fulfilled.....But when his sheeps are struggling and suffering,thou he maintains calm amongst them,he is ready to fight anything for the sake of his sheeps......
Every sunday morning, pastors are faced with so much difficulties their members are facing,some lost their lives due to bad roads,some are lying sick for months at the hospital due to poor health infrastructures,some had their shops demolished due to strict goverment measures,some had dropped out from school because the school fees have been increased by 150%,some have just lost their jobs,some are in critical condition just because they unsuspectedly took fake drugs obtained in a chemist,some are jobless for months,running into years,despite having a bachelor's degree,some came announing their intention to return back to the village because the house rent has toppled and some of the members have their life savings forced out of them as fines paid because they were caught passing one way,in a bid to avoid making his only car break down in an unpassable water logged very deep pit on his own normal lane..........
If you are a good shepherd and your sheep suffers any of these and still hears the president of your country spends about 40 Million naira daily on food,newspapers,diesel and drinks,I wonder how you would still be able to look into your sheep faces,open your bible and again preach to them hope,when its glaring the hardships are due to poor governance.
Even from the old testaments,God has always being actively involved in politics.
If your own pastor doesn't talk about politics at all and anotherr do,please do not criticize,they have their difference in their calling,in their nature and in their life phylosophies.
well said
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 1:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
klax: qoute" Bible says, We should respect constituted Authorities, because if not for God, the leaders will not be in Power. Bakare doesnt read that part of the Bible ?
Does he Bakare read bible at all? sOMETIME WHEN I SAW SOME EMPTY SKULLS STILL SITTING IN HIS CHURCH LISTENING TO THIS PAIN IN THE A S S CALLED BAKARE I WONDER IF THESE ONES I SAW ON TV IN HIS CHURCH HAS BRAIN AT ALL

Look inside that same Bible and see what God did to such govt described as that of GEJ . . . the masses are crying for mercy and you think it is too much for a pastor to speak out?
You think Nigeria is workiing right now? . . . I am not a fan of Bakare, but for him speaking up and damning the consequences, he carries my vote, we need people that speak up and not just cowards saving faces

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Skii(m): 1:31pm On Aug 06, 2012
1Dray: Am begining to be so ashame of this 'Pastor'. Is this what you were call into? By now your congregation would 've bn so starved and malnurished spiritually. How do you expect God to feel, looking down from the heavens and seeing you feeding the sheep He gave you care for, been fed with poison (political hate) instead of feeding them wt edifying and building spiritual food and winning souls to Christ? Why get yours so eaten up with hate, as it is so obvious and shows. You rain insults on someone and tell me you are a pastor. Well, it is not for me to judge but do u realised how many people you might be misleading because they might now think raining insults and abuses on someone are no more sins. Is the prayer that you were supposed to be leading your congregation to pray for the nation and also the President and other leaders? How would this kind of 'sermon' edify the sheep you are sheperding? If I may ask you, can you successfully combine priesthood and kingship together? Oh, really? Then you've gotta be the one and only Melchisedek, the only biblically recorded King and Priest (at the same time), and you know what? You've gotta kidding me... Melchisedek wont act the way you've been acting and carrying yourself. #SoMuchHateInYourEyesAndVoice

It is only in Nigeria where someone stands up to speak against the immoral conduct of those in power that it can be labelled as political hate.

A pastor is supposed to remind the people, the leaders and the led, of the teachings of God, at least thats what the levites used to do.

The fact that other pastors do not do this but rather dwell on prosperity teachings doesnt make pastor Tunde any less of a pastor

In fact from my post, I deduce to myself that there are prosperity teachers and there are justice and equality for all preachers
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by naturalwaves: 1:31pm On Aug 06, 2012
Billyonaire: Bible says, We should respect constituted Authorities, because if not for God, the leaders will not be in Power. Bakare doesnt read that part of the Bible ?
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by naturalwaves: 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2012
D president and his wife her d main violators of d so called constitutional authorities.Was d appointment of d first lady as a perm secreatary constitutional? Here is someone (Bakare),trying to point out d abnormalities in d system but u are all castigating him for doing such.Why not face d issues raised first of all before doubting maybe or not he is a pastor.D best u could do was to turn d scriptures around so that FOOLS can reason in ur line.I'm so dissapointed this came from u. Why are Nigerians cowards?why do we av just few people saying d truth?Y can't we fight for our rights as citizens?why do we tolerate abuse of power? The best we know ow to do is complain and complain and complain. What a pity!
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by bigboy3: 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
Some of us are bloody hypocrites and sycophants. Because he is a pastor doesn't make him different from us, he feels what we all feel and see the things we see, he is not a super human so y r you crucifying him for speaking the truth. We don't need a magician to tell us we are in trouble in this country, it's either we keep pretending or we stand firm and face our problems.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by ipagzee: 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
we should allow him to say what ever he likes, because talk is cheap. if you go to his church how many of his church members have he empowered as in improving there standard of living.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
1Dray: Am begining to be so ashame of this 'Pastor'. Is this what you were call into? By now your congregation would 've bn so starved and malnurished spiritually. How do you expect God to feel, looking down from the heavens and seeing you feeding the sheep He gave you care for, been fed with poison (political hate) instead of feeding them wt edifying and building spiritual food and winning souls to Christ? Why get yours so eaten up with hate, as it is so obvious and shows. You rain insults on someone and tell me you are a pastor. Well, it is not for me to judge but do u realised how many people you might be misleading because they might now think raining insults and abuses on someone are no more sins. Is the prayer that you were supposed to be leading your congregation to pray for the nation and also the President and other leaders? How would this kind of 'sermon' edify the sheep you are sheperding? If I may ask you, can you successfully combine priesthood and kingship together? Oh, really? Then you've gotta be the one and only Melchisedek, the only biblically recorded King and Priest (at the same time), and you know what? You've gotta kidding me... Melchisedek wont act the way you've been acting and carrying yourself. #SoMuchHateInYourEyesAndVoice

Ha ha ha, i am sure God will loook down from heaven and see a man that is ashamed of poverty in his country, a country that has all it takes to rub shoulder with world powers lavishing in poverty, a man that see no reason why his members in his church should be jobless, a man that see the economy of his nation becoming a mess, a man that see the pride of his nation, where he is called to Shepard the people going into ruin . . . I am sure God will love such a man, and how do u feed an hungry man with spiritual things, by turn stone to bread?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by ODB1: 1:35pm On Aug 06, 2012
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 1:35pm On Aug 06, 2012
ipagzee: we should allow him to say what ever he likes, because talk is cheap. if you go to his church how many of his church members have he empowered as in improving there standard of living.

Have you been to his church before and do you know the members in his church and they have told you that he has done nothing to help in improving their state? Let us only speak what we know.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by DerMeister: 1:35pm On Aug 06, 2012
He's right about the sow, she's too grabby. I'll give him points for that!
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Skii(m): 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
ipagzee: we should allow him to say what ever he likes, because talk is cheap. if you go to his church how many of his church members have he empowered as in improving there standard of living.

At least he is trying to effect the building of a Nigeria that all of us can afford and not buying up private jets or building universities that his congregation cannot afford
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2012
naturalwaves: D president and his wife her d main violators of d so called constitutional authorities.Was d appointment of d first lady as a perm secreatary constitutional? Here is someone (Bakare),trying to point out d abnormalities in d system but u are all castigating him for doing such.Why not face d issues raised first of all before doubting maybe or not he is a pastor.D best u could do was to turn d scriptures around so that FOOLS can reason in ur line.I'm so dissapointed this came from u. Why are Nigerians cowards?why do we av just few people saying d truth?Y can't we fight for our rights as citizens?why do we tolerate abuse of power? The best we know ow to do is complain and complain and complain. What a pity!

Thanks for your great comment, nice to see people speaking the truth and what amazes me are that some of this people are the ones that are really feeling the pain of a failed nation most, but then, what we seeing is a result of tribal politics

bigboy3: Some of us are bloody hypocrites and sycophants. Because he is a pastor doesn't make him different from us, he feels what we all feel and see the things we see, he is not a super human so y r you crucifying him for speaking the truth. We don't need a magician to tell us we are in trouble in this country, it's either we keep pretending or we stand firm and face our problems.

I am sure all will be well
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2012
Skii:

At least he is trying to effect the building of a Nigeria that all of us can afford and not buying up private jets or building universities that his congregation cannot afford

Oucchhhhhh
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by doublej1(m): 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2012
I don't how how to describe some nigerians. They want progress yet yet the don't want to hear the truth. A right thinking person should know that one of his priorities should be trying to aid the growth of his country but some prefer sitting in there house saying God will do it.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2012
double j1: I don't how how to describe some nigerians. They want progress yet yet the don't want to hear the truth. A right thinking person should know that one of his priorities should be trying to aid the growth of his country but some prefer sitting in there house saying God will do it.

Lol . . .No wonder a message of Bakare that i listened to online said, Nigerians are idiots ruled by a fool (though too much, but on point)
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Mrchippychappy(m): 1:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . .No wonder a message of Bakare that i listened to online said, Nigerians are [color=#990000]idiots ruled by a fool (though too much, but on point)[/color]

Haha bravo pastor bravo ! A man of God using such words . WOW truly the end time is at hand

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by phreakabit(m): 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . .No wonder a message of Bakare that i listened to online said, Nigerians are idiots ruled by a fool (though too much, but on point)

You are a Nigerian yourself. . . . After all you are Yoruba right?
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by livapul86(m): 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2012
Acelifted: There is a big difference between speaking the truth and speaking at the right time and in the right way. When Jesus was asked what to do with the woman caught in adultery, He was not haste to respond neither did He respond the way you and I would have. The most ready reply was to tell them to and get the man she was caught in the act with. Needless to say that His answer achieved the best result.

Pastor Bakare may be speaking the truth but the acrimony and resentment underlying his messages betrays a bitterness that has not been dealt with. To use God's pulpit to get back at the people God ordained you to pray for is sacrilege.
I totally endorse this post. There is absolutely nothing wrong if Pastor Bakare engages the Govt in constructive criticisms of its actions and policies but discernible and unbiased readers would agree with me that the Pastor's speech was anything but constructive. In all honesty most parts of his speech reeked of Absolute hate for not just the President's family (Why attack someone's economic background or does the Bible now tell us it is a Curse to have been born in a poor background?) but also an incitement of other parts of the country against the Niger Delta.
Please someone needs to educate the pastor that the level of Hate in his speech is clearly not one of the tenets of Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

Haha bravo pastor bravo ! A man of God using such words . WOW truly the end time is at hand

So a man of God should now be saying aiight, please go ahead and ruin a nation that should not be suffering? And tell me, if his statement are not true?
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2012
phreakabit:

You are a Nigerian yourself. . . . After all you are Yoruba right?

I am 100% Nigeria and my tribe is not the point, but a true and real Nigeria, i care less where the president is from, Yoruba, ibo, hausa or wherever, as long as that president performs, so i am not into tribal politics, that is why i have always come against the gentleman's agreement by PDP for tribal politics
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Nimshi: 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2012
What would you have?

A Pastor who prays for the rogues?

Or one unable to speak truth to power?

Bakare is doing God's work. It's a dirty job, and someone must do it; he is.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Pataki: 1:49pm On Aug 06, 2012
Pastor Bakare speaks......Retardeen and his cyber dogs are busy barking.

Please speak on Pastor Bakare. History and destiny surely has a place for you.

I have weighed your words, and I find it to be truth.

I just love it when this man spits out the truth!
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
Acelifted:
There is a big difference between speaking the truth and speaking at the right time and in the right way. When Jesus was asked what to do with the woman caught in adultery, He was not haste to respond neither did He respond the way you and I would have. The most ready reply was to tell them to and get the man she was caught in the act with. Needless to say that His answer achieved the best result.

Pastor Bakare may be speaking the truth but the acrimony and resentment underlying his messages betrays a bitterness that has not been dealt with. To use God's pulpit to get back at the people God ordained you to pray for is sacrilege.

Inasmuch as you have great points, but i think there has been so much gentleman talk towards and even against GEJ and his administration, but nothing has been done, like someone said, the Pastor is human too and feels what we all feel . . . it is no more business as usual.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
When he's done whinning he should go to Abuja and sieze power from GEJ, rubbish!!
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by DerMeister: 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2012
All we want is the truth! the bitter truth, and of course any truth about our presidential sow would be most welcome grin
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by MahatmaGhandi: 1:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
lebrade: I have been visiting this site as a guest and I have waited patintly for someone like to help bear my mind in writing to really help those bias to political sentiments and religious myopic insights about who a pastor or shepherd really is.Even the bible makes us to understand that God is not a highpriest that is not touched by our infirmities and as such I very much support Your great insight on what you believe Pastor Bakare is doing.For those who think being a pastor is only about preaching sermons,who do you think God sends to deliver or liberate nations of course He would not turn to those that are not equiped to like in the case of Moses and the isrealites,God sent His servant,Man of God,Shepherd and Son in the person of moses.So why then is pastor Bakare's Audacity to challenge the goverment perceived to be hypocricy and loss of direction to his mandate as a pastor?Selah

See friend bakare has been challenging GEJ with the applauds of most nigerians, the problem with this one is the hate content and the fact that he has a political affiliation now which is percived in public space as the undertone for the recent fiery sermonsm infact it is seen as an indirect campaign for C.P.C votes or sympathy, if he bakare were still neutral this statements will not generate so much heat ,the argument here is not about whether a pastor can critic or not it is about the credibility and neutrality of his criticism as a political opponent (opponent),bakare no longer ranks with the soyinka's and achibe's as far as political criticism is concerned people Now screen his comments just the way ACN lai mohammed's criticisms will be screened because he is not just a critic but a politician with vested interests
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by TheMatrix3: 1:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
Inasmuch as I dont like the harsh words bakare used in describing GEJ's background, do note that prophets of old spoke more of politics than any other topic. If you're in doubt, go read the book of 1st and 2nd Samuel, Kings, Chronicles, Nehemiah, Jeremiah, Nehemiah, Hosea, Daniel etc. Strange innit? undecided
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by kaeto(m): 1:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
slimdiggi: Preach on Preacher!
this is the reason you yorubas come across so senselessly inane. Look at your three examples above, so west-narrowed and tribalistic, this is also killing ACN, and I wonder if you guys got even the slightest of brains. This is the reason people don't trust you punks one bit. Personally I will plead with Bakare to SPEAK more on the decayed leadership of Nigeria, just like I am commencing mine, this month in Abia state. ACN as a party should/ought to be given a slot at the helm in Nigeria, but the presence of people like you, ilekedi, a suprisingly failing GBAWE, will never help matters as you,in all political tussles, go all out ethnic. With or without you, I am sure Nigeria will not fail and the useless leaders lording it over nigerians will soon know it's spooky baum time. Long live BAKARE!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
Gabbysky: When he's done whinning he should go to Abuja and sieze power from GEJ, rubbish!!

Interesting . . .

DerMeister: All we want is the truth! the bitter truth, and of course any truth about our presidential sow would be most welcome grin

Ummmmm
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 06, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Have you been to his church before and do you know the members in his church and they have told you that he has done nothing to help in improving their state? Let us only speak what we know.

Yes I have and most of the members r tired of this kind of sermon week in week out, but they can't confront him cos he's a "boy of God"

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say / ''anybody Putting On 'attachment' Is Putting On Snake In The Realm Of Darkness'' / If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.