Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,627 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? (9644 Views)

Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 17, 2007
Hello ladies can you go out with a guy with poor spoken english? This guy is okay financially, he is good looking, and with a nice atitude. but the greates flaw is that he speaks his english really badly and considering that fact that the chick he is dating is quite creme.
Should she leave him or what 'cus she has tried her best to correct or caution him but mbah the home boy still dey trow missles.
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by zignor(m): 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2007
hmmm . . .laser guided missles cheesy cheesy
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by zignor(m): 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2007
Solution: Let her deploy missile defensive system grin grin grin
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by saucekid(m): 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2007
i get the machine for my shop for idumota grin grin grin grin
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by moondust(m): 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2007
wear bullet proof vest inside weneva u guys go out, or get ready to dodge, weneva he spews grin
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by sylvex(f): 4:50pm On Dec 17, 2007
na yam! that kan guy fit de-rep me for pub. sho, he must to dey fluent in inglish before i even gree for am
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by janami(f): 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2007
why not? all i ve to do is help the guy polish his english small. As far as the guy is decnt sha o
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by Nautillus(m): 5:00pm On Dec 17, 2007
According to the great Sir Shina Peters "Inglish is not our language"

LMAOROTF @TopicU still dropped some branages urself/ abi that na Typo??
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by tome1: 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2007
He wont be my boyfriend in the first place.but come to think of it if the guy can admit that he has a bad spoken english then i can help him out ,you know some guys can be very proud even when they are wrong.

But i ll always go for the ones with good spoken english.even how he go take scope me in the first place cool
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by moondust(m): 5:32pm On Dec 17, 2007
how does he spokes his english? U can teaching him please grin
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by chiegemba(f): 5:48pm On Dec 17, 2007
moondust:

how does he spokes his english? You can teaching him please grin
grin grin grin grin grin    hahaha! i won die laugh

@moon "longest long how bodi?

Help him out! or better still let him start takin evenin lessons / sch 2 help him out!
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by tkb417(m): 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2007
where did u people meet?
you guyz are same. . .do you shell also?
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by moondust(m): 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2007
I'm gud chiege . . .looonmg tym
howz d xmas preps coming? wink
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by Sirop(f): 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2007
Stay with him. Buy rosessta stone with his money so he can learn english.
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by Busta(f): 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2007
Buy him a dictionary.
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by chiegemba(f): 6:15pm On Dec 17, 2007
moondust:

I'm good chiege . . .looonmg time
howz d xmas preps coming? wink

i know! been a while though glad u r fine as 4 d Xmas nothin major. not really preparin dat much cos i happen 2 work on dat day undecided grin
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by CrazyMan(m): 7:12pm On Dec 17, 2007
If the lady really loves him, then that shouldn’t be a problem; she should be able to listen attentively whenever he speaks; how can you dump a guy simply because he can’t speak fluent English.

Even the Chinese, French, and other parts of the world; when they migrate to us or uk would you tell me that the girls over there would avoid them simply because their English isn’t fluent?

Love is about helping and sharing; so if one partner is weaker in a aspect; it’s left for the other partner to assist and not to run away

1 Like

Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by adeboo(f): 7:17pm On Dec 17, 2007
Nope sorry i couldnt.
We have to match on lots of levels and he even has to have achieved more than maself.

It wont be possible - its a turn off.
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by skfa1: 7:35pm On Dec 17, 2007
crazykid:

If the lady really loves him, then that shouldn’t be a problem; she should be able to listen attentively whenever he speaks; how can you dump a guy simply because he can’t speak fluent English.

Even the Chinese, French, and other parts of the world; when they migrate to us or uk would you tell me that the girls over there would avoid them simply because their English isn’t fluent?

Love is about helping and sharing; so if one partner is weaker in a aspect; it’s left for the other partner to assist and not to run away

Infact crazykid got the best reply.My gurlfriend is japanese and her friends always help their boyfriends to correct their English cause those guys have just arrived from japan to UK , Those girls never attempt to run away from them which i think is the best to do .
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by ndumart: 7:54pm On Dec 17, 2007
u can go out with such a guy but try to stop him from talking in pub especially in the midst of your friends,
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by adeboo(f): 8:06pm On Dec 17, 2007
@ndumart - why would u even be with someone u are scared to let speak in public.
Why even be with him in the first place.
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by ndumart: 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2007
@adeboo,
You won't go out with him just to hide his little imperfections. Its better than having people make jest of him cos that might make u want to call it quits.
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by adeboo(f): 8:54pm On Dec 17, 2007
NDUMART -what am saying is that i wouldnt even start a relationship with him in the first place.
I dont wanna be with someone that i wont be able to take out in public.
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by ndumart: 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2007
ok
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by eddycapuro: 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2007
is pigeon english not ok?
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by FactorChic(f): 10:11pm On Dec 17, 2007
I wouldn't date such a guy!
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by janami(f): 7:14am On Dec 18, 2007
English no be our language o. hw many pple fit speak english for here. oya mk una talk true o
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by tkb417(m): 8:39am On Dec 18, 2007
i cant speaketh. . . its hard to speaking english cool cool cool
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by Lola4eva(f): 8:42am On Dec 18, 2007
@factorchic and adeboo- u guys are sooooooooo rite, why should u date such a guy, u'd never feel comfortable anytime u guys hang out especially with ur so called "creme" friends,
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by Freewilly(f): 8:51am On Dec 18, 2007
@ poster,

Forgive me for being rude, but your English is just as horrible so be very careful pointing fingers.
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by swoosh(m): 9:14am On Dec 18, 2007
Freewilly:

@ poster,

Forgive me for being rude, but your English is just as horrible so be very careful pointing fingers.

I concur
Re: What If Your Boyfriend's Spoken English Is Really Poor? by snugle: 9:19am On Dec 18, 2007
Teach him the art of non verbal communication.or better yet,make him appreciate sign language!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? / Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? / G-STRING: What Should I Do With These Panties? [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.