Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? (9641 Views)

Nigerian Lady Ready For Marriage On Twitter (Photo) / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / 16 Things You Should Be Ready To Face If You're A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2010
HOW MUCH MUST A MAN HAVE TO BE READY FOR MARRIAGE?

Pls, nairalanders, what thinkest thou a Naija man would need in his bank account before he can be said to be financially ready for marriage?
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by elecktra(f): 12:37pm On Jan 13, 2010
all the "greens" in the world baby

tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by whitelexi(m): 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2010
I havent been in naija for ages but still think a respectable marriage can be planned with about N5m. . . dunno if thats right or wrong though, u will need a 2nd opinion on that.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by jaybee3(m): 12:44pm On Jan 13, 2010
whitelexi:

I havent been in naija for ages but still think a respectable marriage can be planned with about N5m. . . dunno if thats right or wrong though, u will need a 2nd opinion on that.
OP is asking us to pluck a min figure that a man must have at his disposal from outer space.

@OP
You don't have to av a set bank balance before u marry.
All you need is a constant job, accommodation and ability to provide food on the table for your fam.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Babylove1(f): 12:47pm On Jan 13, 2010
^ u just spoke my mind, constant job is highly necessary
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by r231(m): 12:48pm On Jan 13, 2010
whitelexi:

you are right btw N3 - N5m for big ones
from N100K for a low budget i guess
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by chibenwa(m): 12:57pm On Jan 13, 2010
@r231,why spending such amt of money?
thats crazy.i dont need all nigerians for a wedding.
just hav smthing doing and spend meaniful money.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Pennywise(m): 1:13pm On Jan 13, 2010
@OP
Do you mean being ready for marriage as an event or marriage as a status?

As an event, N350k can still buy you sth good certainly not great.

As a status, you need nothing really. Una just dey manage unaself dey go provided there is love.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 1:13pm On Jan 13, 2010
whitelexi:

N5m for marriage? Typical 9ja show off, after that they live mouth 2 mouth. Why not spend N1.5m and invest the rest so as to provide for that marriage?
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by jaybee3(m): 1:14pm On Jan 13, 2010
Babylove1:

^ u just spoke my mind, constant job is highly necessary
chei we are constantly thinking on same wavelength. r u my twin?
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by tkb417(m): 1:22pm On Jan 13, 2010
jay bee:

chei we are constantly thinking on same wavelength. r u my twin?
mrfcking woman wrapper
when will u change? tongue

wedding?
the only people tht will attend are my immediate family members so i aint spending a kobo

to be ready, u need a crib, job, a car and what else?

when i remember ill come back
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by freecocoa(f): 2:01pm On Jan 13, 2010
A man's gotta hav like 50 mill aside go di.then 5 mil 4 the wedding,2 mill 4 the honeystar,5 exotic cars & 20 million 4 macelleneous(is dt the spelling?cos am not sure) expenses,he should be gud to go wt this(just kidding)all a man needs is to have a constant job like an earlier poster said,if he thinks he can provide 4 his intented family then he's ready.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Lacuzy: 6:56pm On Jan 13, 2010
for me luv you, a steady job and a house
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Busybody2(f): 7:08pm On Jan 13, 2010
tkb417:

wedding?
the only people tht will attend are my immediate family members so i aint spending a kobo

to be ready, u need a crib, job, a car and what else?

when i remember ill come back

As long as you throw in a private jet to take that "our immediate family members" to somewhere exotic like the Maldives, Seychelles, etc to have that low-key wedding, for a fortnight with accommodation in at least a 4* hotel for them and 5* hotel for us, then i'm with you on that and on your side like your loyal obedient wife - we don't need a large wedding - and the millions that we save from not having a massive wedding can be put towards my designer wardrobe which i am gonna need to look good beside you, I am such a considerate wife tongue kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 13, 2010
A stable Job and a positive outlook, thats not much to ask right?

1 Like

Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by deji2009(m): 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2010
Busy_body:

As long as you throw in a private jet to take that "our immediate family members" to somewhere exotic like the Maldives, Seychelles, etc to have a low-key wedding, for a fortnight with accommodation in at least a 4* hotel for them and 5* hotel for us, then i'm with you on that and on your side like your loyal obedient wife - we don't need a large wedding - and the millions that we save from not having a massive wedding can be put towards my designer wardrobe which i am gonna need to look good beside you, I am such a considerate wife tongue kiss kiss kiss

Oh yes !

lol
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by naijaguy2(m): 8:19pm On Jan 13, 2010

Why must you spend as much as 5Million for marriage

as far as there is love between the two 350K can do

1 Like

Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Sauron1: 8:21pm On Jan 13, 2010
obongproff:

HOW MUCH MUST A MAN HAVE TO BE READY FOR MARRIAGE?

Pls, nairalanders, what thinkest thou a Naija man would need in his bank account before he can be said to be financially ready for marriage?

A proper wedding in Lagos should cost about 10 million Naira.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 8:41pm On Jan 13, 2010
~Sauron~:

A proper wedding in Lagos should cost about 10 million Naira.

Are u wedding Jesus chris?
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Sauron1: 9:37pm On Jan 13, 2010
justwise:

Are u wedding Jesus chris?

Things are expensive in Nigeria and for one's special day - an event that can never repeat itself till one dies. . . .I think 10 million is about right.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 9:42pm On Jan 13, 2010
~Sauron~:

Things are expensive in Nigeria and for one's special day - an event that can never repeat itself till one dies. . . .I think 10 million is about right.

U must be joking right? U will be spending about £40,000 for a wedding in Nigeria, honestly our value system is so wrong.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Sauron1: 9:47pm On Jan 13, 2010
justwise:

U must be joking right? U will be spending about £40,000 for a wedding in Nigeria, honestly our value system is so wrong.

When was the last time you went to Naija?

The venue alone will gulp 1/10th of that budget.
Food and Drinks. . . . .Nigerians don't drink once and ignore. . . . They wanna GO all night so that one nor be beans.
Then you have to accommodate your guests flying in from near and far. U don't want your colleagues at work kidnapped in Naija so adequate security must be ensured.

What about costumes, cake, wedding ring, stretch limos and other miscellaneous?
U better buckle your belt and start working your arse off. grin grin grin grin grin
If you think £2000 pounds will host a decent wedding, you will be shocked.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 9:54pm On Jan 13, 2010
~Sauron~:

When was the last time you went to Naija?The venue alone will gulp 1/10th of that budget.
Food and Drinks. . . . .Nigerians don't drink once and ignore. . . . They wanna GO all night so that one nor be beans.
Then you have to accommodate your guests flying in from near and far. U don't want your colleagues at work kidnapped in Naija so adequate security must be ensured.
U better buckle your belt and start working your arse off. grin grin grin grin grin

Don't worry when i find virgin mary to marry then i will spend that much.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by r231(m): 10:04pm On Jan 13, 2010
~Sauron~:

When was the last time you went to Naija?

The venue alone will gulp 1/10th of that budget.

£2000 what even the halls in london cost more dan dat these days
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Sauron1: 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2010
r231:

£2000 what even the halls in london cost more dan dat these days

Justwise prolly thinks it's beans to wed. grin
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 10:14pm On Jan 13, 2010
~Sauron~:

Justwise prolly thinks it's beans to wed. grin

I'm not saying £2000 or £4000 is enough but spending £40,000 for a wedding is madness.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Sauron1: 10:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
justwise:

I'm not saying £2000 or £4000 is enough but spending £40,000 for a wedding is madness.

Anything less than that and the wedding will be crappy. grin cheesy
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 10:20pm On Jan 13, 2010
~Sauron~:

Anything less than that and the wedding will be crappy. grin cheesy

Cos u want it to be crappy, after spending that much on wedding the woman becomes ur personal property.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Sauron1: 10:22pm On Jan 13, 2010
justwise:

Cos u want it to be crappy, after spending that much on wedding the woman becomes your personal property.

Whose property would she be before? Yours? grin
Are you high on Shepe? cheesy
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 10:25pm On Jan 13, 2010
~Sauron~:

Whose property would she be before? Yours? grin
Are you high on Shepe? cheesy

She is not ur personal property, she is allowed to do her own thing, even walk out of the marriage when things get worst. U don't own her just cos u spent £40,000 for the wedding
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by Sauron1: 10:30pm On Jan 13, 2010
justwise:

She is not your personal property, she is allowed to do her own thing, even walk out of the marriage when things get worst. U don't own her just cos u spent £40,000 for the wedding

I am 100% my bride would slap your face for uttering the above statement.
Cheese. . . . .I don't own her because of the amount i am spending. . . . .I own her cos she's the one i am taking to the altar.
Re: How Much Must A Man Have To Be Ready For Marriage? by justwise(m): 10:33pm On Jan 13, 2010
~Sauron~:

I am 100% my bride would slap your face for uttering the above statement.
Cheese. . . . .I don't own her because of the amount i am spending. . . . .I own her cos she's the one i am taking to the altar.

Ur bride will even agree with me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Are You Single? / Whose Sister Is This? Slayqueen Or Nay! / Couple Spotted Having Sex Inside A Car, Shamed By Residents. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.