Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,077 members, 7,821,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule (14878 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by tunnytox(m): 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2012
edicolove:

Are you saying he didn't use those words? I don't understand what you are bickering about. I didn't form the words. He did. So except somehow you are telling us with proof that he didn't say them, then stop galivanting around.

If his words are interpreted the SAME WAY you and other biased posters interpreted it how come newspapers and many other columnists in several Nigerian newspapers have not see it the same way? I read some of these newspapers this morning and there was no fuss at all about these statements. It's you and many other mischievous posters that are only trying to sensationalise it simply out of your ethinic or religios bias you have for Jonathan.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Skii(m): 5:48pm On Aug 07, 2012
@Juju master…I really doubt that you were patient enough to read and understand what I wrote. I enjoin you to do so again.

Regarding “low estate”, I think you might be the one who is missing the context in which Bakare is using it.

Well I think that pouncing so hard on the statement by Bakare as referring to the poor in general is ridiculous and a very cheap attempt to underscore divergent views about the man! We all know that he could not have been referring to the entire poor except a certain category of men as I have tried to point out.

What he has said is simply true!! When people who are inherently morally deficient, who lack exposure, discipline, accountability, who have had their norms eroded (again, these are the some of the things that describe “low estate” as is being used) find themselves in power, terrible things are bound to happen.

Sisi Kill has highlighted this with a proverb that describes Patiences’ recent behaviour

Somebody that hasn’t seen wealth before will misbehave when he/she sees it

You need to read the post, it also has a sense of humour and cynicism in it…

Here it is, incase you missed it

Sisi_Kill: Rotflmao @ Pastor Bakare! cheesy cheesy

He and my grandma sure will get along splendidly!!

She firmly believes that an "omo ti oju o ri ola ri" (Loosely translated: A child who has never seen wealth) will misbehave when they see it SUDDENLY. So she always says "ease them into to small by small so they can have time to get used to.

This is obviously the case with GEJ. . .From Fisherman with no shoes to Aso Rock with Gucci shoes in less than how many years? Haba!! Is it any wonder he and his wife are acting like kids in a candy store. . .grabbing whatever they can as quickly as they can before someone sends them packing. What is even more amusing is the fact that they [b]KNOW [/b]they don't belong there. . .hence the urgency!! cheesy cheesy

Apart from the grabbing the goodies like it is going out of style part, the general belief that a man who is rich is must be [b]VERY SAVVY [/b]in many things/ways and a poor man. . . .well, I ain't sayin nothin lipsrsealed

Alls I'm gonna say is look at GEJ again and make up your own mind.

I'll tell ya this though, Pastor Bakare sure knows how to call 'em!! cheesy
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by naturalwaves: 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2012
Okija_juju:

Let me start by saying WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were to give a title to your post, I will call it "MORE BULLSHIT, FROM SHAKESPEAR NATURALWAVES.

To your credit, you did a much better job than Skii... Honestly, you impressed me, but again, You like Skii are also dead arse wrong.

I am in a Fhucking good mood today.. Okay.. let me take you back to school.. Funny enough, the one topic from my secondary school days I seem to remember vividly is the English Language Topic on 'THE' (The definite article)... lol

Todays Lesson.. ENGLISH LANGUAGE FOR DUMMIES 101.

Lets focus on the word "THE". Here is a brief breakdown of the word 'THE' and its uses in the English Language;

THE 1 ( before a vowel; before a consonant)
def.art.

a. Used before singular or plural nouns and noun phrases that denote particular, specified persons or things: the baby; the dress I wore.

b. Used before a noun, and generally stressed, to emphasize one of a group or type as the most outstanding or prominent: considered Lake Shore Drive to be the neighborhood to live in these days.

c. Used to indicate uniqueness: the Prince of Wales; the moon.

d. Used before nouns that designate natural phenomena or points of the compass: the weather; a wind from the south.

e. Used as the equivalent of a possessive adjective before names of some parts of the body: grab him by the neck; an infection of the hand.

f. Used before a noun specifying a field of endeavor: the law; the film industry; the stage.

g. Used before a proper name, as of a monument or ship: the Alamo; the Titanic.

h. Used before the plural form of a numeral denoting a specific decade of a century or of a life span: rural life in the Thirties.

Used before a singular noun indicating that the noun is generic: The wolf is an endangered species.

a. [size=14pt]Used before an adjective extending it to signify a class and giving it the function of a noun:[/size] the rich; the dead; the homeless.

b. Used before an absolute adjective: the best we can offer.

4. Used before a present participle, signifying the action in the abstract: the weaving of rugs.

5. Used before a noun with the force of per: cherries at $1.50 the box.

I want to draw your attention to USE OF 'THE' number 3, subsection A..

There, THE is used before an Adjective extending it to signify a class... Thats the exact same way Mr. Bakare used it.. "The Shoeless" signified a class of people..

There is no point addressing the remaining part of your comment as they are based on the foundation of this part which I just blew to smitherines...

Okay, NEXT PERSON....

Alusi Okija[color=990000]TM[/color] Schooling Ignorant Niggars since 1521

Wow, I love this! Thanks for opening a dictionary.lolz.By the dictionary definitions, I am correct and U are also correct in a way.So,tell me,ow can U say which of the definitions of d word 'THE' he was referring to?or are U in his brains?
The point is, U cannot outrightly say that Tunde Bakare was referring to all persons.The only way U could av caught him in a tight corner is if he had used the word 'A' instead of 'THE'which was well stated in my analysis.Making a conclusion from several possible options/answers is a fallacy!

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by AZeD1(m): 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2012
edicolove:

How can such men refer to one person? Is men singular or plural? Please educate me. Maybe I will learn something new today. You never know! Lol
Read the text in full and you will know.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by edicolove: 5:55pm On Aug 07, 2012
tunnytox:

If his words are interpreted the SAME WAY you and other biased posters interpreted it how come newspapers and many other columnists in several Nigerian newspapers have not see it the same way? I read some of these newspapers this morning and there was no fuss at all about these statements. It's you and many other mischievous posters that are only trying to sensationalise it simply out of your ethinic or religios bias you have for Jonathan.

Why for petes sake are you tryin to ascribed some pseudo interpretation to his statement and then you accuse me of interpreting it wrongly. Ok let me post it for you again.

<<<Mr. Bakare asserted, “When the shoeless takes over, he does clueless things. When such men of low estate find themselves in power, terrible things begin to happen.” He added, “It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in silence.">>>

Ok let me list for you some examples of men of low estate throughout history.

Barak Obama, Nelson Mandela, Michael Jackson, Mother Terresa, lionel Messi, Bill Gates.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
Skii: @Juju master…I really doubt that you were patient enough to read and understand what I wrote. I enjoin you to do so again.

Regarding “low estate”, I think you might be the one who is missing the context in which Bakare is using it.

Well I think that pouncing so hard on the statement by Bakare as referring to the poor in general is ridiculous and a very cheap attempt to underscore divergent views about the man! We all know that he could not have been referring to the entire poor except a certain category of men as I have tried to point out.

What he has said is simply true!! When people who are inherently morally deficient, who lack exposure, discipline, accountability, who have had their norms eroded (again, these are the some of the things that describe “low estate” as is being used) find themselves in power, terrible things are bound to happen.

Sisi Kill has highlighted this with a proverb that describes Patiences’ recent behaviour

Somebody that hasn’t seen wealth before will misbehave when he/she sees it

You need to read the post, it also has a sense of humour and cynicism in it…

Here it is, incase you missed it

That's really what Bakare said. People should stop trying to whitewash it. Based on Bakare's logic, the poor should not smell power.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Nimshi: 6:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
You may be misreading Bakare.

He's smarter than the conclusion of the original post; it is unlikely his true message would be that simplistic.

Hint: 'inferiority'; think about that. And perhaps, a new meaning of his words may emerge.

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by tunnytox(m): 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2012
edicolove:

Why for petes sake are you tryin to ascribed some pseudo interpretation to his statement and then you accuse me of interpreting it wrongly. Ok let me post it for you again.

<<<Mr. Bakare asserted, “When the shoeless takes over, he does clueless things. When such men of low estate find themselves in power, terrible things begin to happen.” He added, “It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in silence.">>>

Ok let me list for you some examples of men of low estate throughout history.

Barak Obama, Nelson Mandela, Michael Jackson, Mother Terresa, lionel Messi, Bill Gates.

Dude do you understand what is called CLASS? Class is not about money because money can't buy class! That's why you'll see some rich people behaving like money miss road.
Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa also came from humble background but shown he has class, Barack Obama is from humble background but has class and that's why he's not grabbing anything he can lay his hands on as if the world is coming to an end. Also, people like Samuel Doe, Mobutu, idi Amin etc are from humble background but had no class.
Jonathan may come from a humble background like many of us too but the behaviour he and his wife are exhibiting has shown that they have no class. This is what PTB is simply saying!
Jonathan and Dame= omo aijebe ri to n japo saya

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by tpapi: 6:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
LFJ:

I guess he said this in his private meeting with you.
it seems u just came back recently fm europe
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Skii(m): 6:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
tunnytox:

Dude do you understand what is called CLASS? Class is not about money because money can't buy class! That's why you'll see some rich people behaving like money miss road.
Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa also came from humble background but shown he has class, Barack Obama is from humble background but has class and that's why he's not grabbing anything he can lay his hands on as if the world is coming to an end. Also, people like Samuel Doe, Mobutu, idi Amin etc are from humble background but had no class.
Jonathan may come from a humble background like many of us too but the behaviour he and his wife are exhibiting has shown that they have no class. This is what PTB is simply saying!

Where were you since when I was trying to get my point across?
Nice one wink
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by olivertwist: 6:14pm On Aug 07, 2012
Skii:

Ehen, what were we saying…

“When the shoeless takes over, he does clueless things. When such men of low estate find themselves in power, terrible things begin to happen.” He added, “It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in majestic silence.”

Shay this is what Bakare said that you are deducing he meant Nigeria is only governable by the rich?

For a start, what or who do you define as poor?

Because in truth, the word poor is relative and it depends on the context in which it is being used. Either way, it means not having or lacking in…but not having or lacking in what?

You want to tell me that someone who is very intelligent and highly intellectual is poor? Or someone who is highly talented in art, music or any other skill is poor? Certainly not!!

It is only in Nigeria today, that being poor generally refers to the lack of material things (whether you agree or not) and this is a pity. But I really cannot blame those who think this way. Years of “suffering” brought about by the terrible things (such as corruption and embezzling of state funds MEANT FOR ALL) that happened when such men of low estate found themselves in power and their celebration has brought upon them this mind-set.

These terrible things that have been perpetrated over the years and in all corners of power (not just with Jonathan or the FG) have eroded all the moral and value systems of our society to the point that the real things that should describe wealth or richness that ought to be rewarded such as sound character, honesty, accountability and STANDING UP AGAINST THE INJUSTICE AND PERVERSION OF POWER are now being discredited or ignored. It is now the other way round…

SUCH men (and not everybody) of Low estate as is being referred to here is the classifying or umbrella term for those who are not necessarily lacking in material things but are POOR (lacking or not having) in morals, having no shame or character, lacking self-control and self-discipline and the likes!!

Bode George, James Ibori, Alameiseigha (however his name is spelt, the one that dressed like a woman to evade identification at the airport) are examples of men of LOW ESTATE!!

cool cool cool grin grin grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley wink wink wink wink wink kiss kiss kiss kiss cheesy cheesy cheesy cool cool cool cool cool cool grin grin grin wink wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley cool cool
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by edicolove: 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2012
tunnytox:

So according to you people without class should never become great? Do you know hitler had a lot of class? You are very dull. No insult intended
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by tpapi: 6:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
LFJ:

This is not true, if this is truly Nigeria dream, how come we have uncle Joe with shoeless background in Aso Rock?
dat wz then,right now tunde boko blivs only d rich shd rule
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Skii(m): 6:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
@tunnytox
For the sake of some humour, let me shoot myself in the foot..

I'm so loving your post kiss, you starting to make me feel that I dont have CLASS with my use of english angry

I'm trying so hard to make these folk gerrit, but they just dont wanna

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by agabaI23(m): 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2012
That includes Buhari who could not pay his rent in Abuja.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by benzion72(m): 6:22pm On Aug 07, 2012
@Poster you are quoting Pastor Bakare out of contest please read the full message before this kind of conclusion
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by tunnytox(m): 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
edicolove:

So according to you people without class should never become great? Do you know hitler had a lot of class? You are very dull. No insult intended

I understand it must be difficult for someone with low IQ like yours to understand the words of intelligent people. I believe many other readers here can tell who is dull between me and you.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by olivertwist: 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
tunnytox:

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Ideevic(m): 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
Pastor Bakare is a failure 2 the body of christ.God frustrated hin n Buhari the rich inorder 4 the poor 2 rule.Bakare is behind insecurity in this country.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by UyiIredia(m): 6:25pm On Aug 07, 2012
I wasn't in church last Sunday so I can't comment but my guess is that my pastor has once again been quoted out of context.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by tunnytox(m): 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2012
Skii: @tunnytox
For the sake of some humour, let me shoot myself in the foot..

I'm so loving your post kiss, you starting to make me feel that I dont have CLASS with my use of english angry

I'm trying so hard to make these folk gerrit, but they just dont wanna

grin grin grin

They are simply blinded by their biased minds but very soon I believe Nigerians will wake up and put religious and ethnic sentiments apart.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Tolaaaaannni(f): 6:27pm On Aug 07, 2012
Is this even a pastor?? or a business man.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2012
Okija Juju - I think your posts are very good. I am happy when I see people that treat issues logically on nairaland. I used to think everyone on here saw issues from the eyes of bias alone.

The issue is not even what Bakare said or did not say.

Is it 'right' for a 'poor man' to rule Nigeria? Yes or No.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by edicolove: 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2012
tunnytox:

I understand it must be difficult for someone with low IQ like yours to understand the words of intelligent people. I believe many other readers here can tell who is dull between me and you.

So I guess in Bakare's church they conduct an IQ test for people as they come into the church every sunday and send all those with low IQ away so only people with "high IQ" like you remain to hear the words of an "intelligent man". So you do some kind of class profiling in the church abi? You are getting even duller by the second.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Skii(m): 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2012
Olanlere11:
Any English speaker will tell u in clear terms that men of low estate as used by ur Precious Pastor means the proletariates as Karl Marx would call them. Bakare used low estate synonymously with shoeless. The shoeless here refers to GEJ'S political campaign slogan. Haba Skii, why are you denying the obvious. Is it because you come from a wealthy background? Does the world for the rich not have provision for the poor like us? is leadership skills an exclusive reserve of the high estate? Should we stop going to school, or stop developing ourselves just because we are of low estate or shoeless? If Bakare wanted to say moral decay, not morally upright, ethically backward, he knew the appropriate words to use. He meant to abuse the poor, he wanted to restrict us to followership, he wanted to distinguish between the rich and poor. Must a man of God segregate? Tell him that We the poor now know his agenda and will resist him with all our might.

Bakare is not my pastor…I only admire his courage in what he is doing.

I wouldn’t consider myself as coming from a wealthy background and neither a poor background…and again that is relative…it depends on the context that you are referring to. By the grace and mercies of God, he enabled my parents to provide for me.

You can only be as poor as you choose to be.

As I have said before, not having materially doesn’t make you poor. Excuse my saying this, but I would please enjoin you to stop referring to yourself as “we, the poor”. Obviously you possess wealth in articulation and command of the English language (at least better than Patience) so I wouldn’t regard you as poor (in the Nigerian context). Consider that I learnt a new word from you: “proletariats”

By being shoeless as Jonathan used it in his campaign rhetoric, I would have thought that it was to signify or identify with the poor masses (which it was intended to). But as I have said in another post, it was a farce, used only to win the compassion of the electorate. It only masked what has been rightly pointed out in tunnytox’s post…you can come from a humble background but still not have CLASS

tunnytox:

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 07, 2012
Nice post ediclove. From people's posts you just know them. You just know what is inside the brain.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by tunnytox(m): 6:35pm On Aug 07, 2012
edicolove:

So I guess in Bakare's church they conduct an IQ test for people as they come into the church every sunday and send all those with low IQ away so only people with "high IQ" like you remain to hear the words of an "intelligent man". So you do some kind of class profiling in the church abi? You are getting even duller by the second.

Hey time waster I have better things to do with my time than to continuously trying to make you reason like a human.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by naturalwaves: 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2012
Okija_juju:

Dude!! Like Rumpelstiltskin, you tried to spurn gold out of straws and failed and did so woefully I must add.

When he made the statement;

“When the shoeless takes over, he does clueless things. When such men of low estate find themselves in power, terrible things begin to happen.” He added, “It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in majestic silence.”

He was refering to wealth not that essay you wrote there.. Proof is in the statement.. Empahsis on the word "Estate".. Below is the Dictionary definition of Estate;

es·tate
n.
1. A landed property, usually of considerable size.
2. The whole of one's possessions, especially all the property and debts left by one at death.
3. Law The nature and extent of an owner's rights with respect to land or other property.
4. Chiefly British A housing development.
5. The situation or circumstances of one's life: A child's estate gives way to the adult's estate.
6. Social position or rank, especially of high order.
7. A major social class, such as the clergy, the nobility, or the commons, formerly possessing distinct political rights.
8. Archaic Display of wealth or power; pomp.

Looking through that, nobody can doubt that he was refering to Jonathans poor background and thus implying that only the wealthy can/should rule Nigeria..

I wonder why you could even miss it in the first place. He started the string of comments with "When the Shoeless". Emphasis on "Shoeless". Should I go ahead and find you the dictionary meaning of Shoeless as well?! The people who are shoeless are the materially poor people, not the intellectually poor. Infact, there is no way to spin that staement to mean intellectually poor. He even went ahead to use the adjective "Inferior" to qualify the "shoeless".

My friend, you sound like an intellectual, however, you have failed woefully in your quest to make this statement of Mr. Bakare into something that it isnt..

I am always avaliable to debate this further should this fail to convince you..

Alusi Okija[color=990000]TM[/color] The gods are wise..

I was going through ur point when I saw that U edited the 5th definition of d word 'ESTATE' cos u saw that,that particular definition suits SKII's point of argument.SMH.That's cheating,u cheated and I am dissapointed.
Y did U add ur own words after d main definition.Now,it is obvious there are many definitions of d word 'Estate'.Ow can U prove that he was not referring to d 5th or 8th.Ow can u show that he is referring to d same definition on ur mind from d list of several definitions? NO WAY! This PTB must be really intelligent.Infact,my love for him just soared!
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by tpapi: 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2012
Dont mind dat demonic pastor
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by SisiKill1: 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2012
Since we are whipping out the dictionary

WEALTH - Wealth is the abundance of valuable resources or material possessions. The word wealth is derived from the old English weal, which is from an Indo-European word stem.[1] An individual, community, region or country that possesses an abundance of such possessions or resources is known as wealthy

To put it simply - ABUNDANCE!!!

SO please don't use the word MONEY as replacement for WEALTH in my post. . . I no dey oh! lipsrsealed
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by edicolove: 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2012
tunnytox:

Hey time waster I have better things to do with my time than to continuously trying to make you reason like a human.

So you are still lurking around? Scramb my friend! That what's you should have done since instead of fooling your old age in public. Some of you don't even know the implications of your statements. Just because etisalat now offers free 20MB, you think you must use it on NL. Ewu man of low estate like you. Duh!
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Skii(m): 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Since we are whipping out the dictionary

WEALTH - Wealth is the abundance of valuable resources or material possessions. The word wealth is derived from the old English weal, which is from an Indo-European word stem.[1] An individual, community, region or country that possesses an abundance of such possessions or resources is known as wealthy

To put it simply - ABUNDANCE!!!

SO please don't use the word MONEY as replacement for WEALTH in my post. . . I no dey oh! lipsrsealed

LOL...which goal post are you defending naa grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible / Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question / Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.