Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,116 members, 7,821,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule (14879 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Okijajuju1(m): 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2012
Skii:

Ehen, what were we saying…

“When the shoeless takes over, he does clueless things. When such men of low estate find themselves in power, terrible things begin to happen.” He added, “It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in majestic silence.”

Shay this is what Bakare said that you are deducing he meant Nigeria is only governable by the rich?

For a start, what or who do you define as poor?

Because in truth, the word poor is relative and it depends on the context in which it is being used. Either way, it means not having or lacking in…but not having or lacking in what?

You want to tell me that someone who is very intelligent and highly intellectual is poor? Or someone who is highly talented in art, music or any other skill is poor? Certainly not!!

It is only in Nigeria today, that being poor generally refers to the lack of material things (whether you agree or not) and this is a pity. But I really cannot blame those who think this way. Years of “suffering” brought about by the terrible things (such as corruption and embezzling of state funds MEANT FOR ALL) that happened when such men of low estate found themselves in power and their celebration has brought upon them this mind-set.

These terrible things that have been perpetrated over the years and in all corners of power (not just with Jonathan or the FG) have eroded all the moral and value systems of our society to the point that the real things that should describe wealth or richness that ought to be rewarded such as sound character, honesty, accountability and STANDING UP AGAINST THE INJUSTICE AND PERVERSION OF POWER are now being discredited or ignored. It is now the other way round…

SUCH men (and not everybody) of Low estate as is being referred to here is the classifying or umbrella term for those who are not necessarily lacking in material things but are POOR (lacking or not having) in morals, having no shame or character, lacking self-control and self-discipline and the likes!!

Bode George, James Ibori, Alameiseigha (however his name is spelt, the one that dressed like a woman to evade identification at the airport) are examples of men of LOW ESTATE!!

Dude!! Like Rumpelstiltskin, you tried to spurn gold out of straws and failed and did so woefully I must add.

When he made the statement;

“When the shoeless takes over, he does clueless things. When such men of low estate find themselves in power, terrible things begin to happen.” He added, “It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in majestic silence.”

He was refering to wealth not that essay you wrote there.. Proof is in the statement.. Empahsis on the word "Estate".. Below is the Dictionary definition of Estate;

es·tate
n.
1. A landed property, usually of considerable size.
2. The whole of one's possessions, especially all the property and debts left by one at death.
3. Law The nature and extent of an owner's rights with respect to land or other property.
4. Chiefly British A housing development.
5. The situation or circumstances of one's life: A child's estate gives way to the adult's estate.
6. Social position or rank, especially of high order.
7. A major social class, such as the clergy, the nobility, or the commons, formerly possessing distinct political rights.
8. Archaic Display of wealth or power; pomp.

Looking through that, nobody can doubt that he was refering to Jonathans poor background and thus implying that only the wealthy can/should rule Nigeria..

I wonder why you could even miss it in the first place. He started the string of comments with "When the Shoeless". Emphasis on "Shoeless". Should I go ahead and find you the dictionary meaning of Shoeless as well?! The people who are shoeless are the materially poor people, not the intellectually poor. Infact, there is no way to spin that staement to mean intellectually poor. He even went ahead to use the adjective "Inferior" to qualify the "shoeless".

My friend, you sound like an intellectual, however, you have failed woefully in your quest to make this statement of Mr. Bakare into something that it isnt..

I am always avaliable to debate this further should this fail to convince you..

Alusi Okija[color=990000]TM[/color] The gods are wise..

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by AZeD1(m): 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
Skii:

Ehen, what were we saying…

Shay this is what Bakare said that you are deducing he meant Nigeria is only governable by the rich?

For a start, what or who do you define as poor?

Because in truth, the word poor is relative and it depends on the context in which it is being used. Either way, it means not having or lacking in…but not having or lacking in what?

You want to tell me that someone who is very intelligent and highly intellectual is poor? Or someone who is highly talented in art, music or any other skill is poor? Certainly not!!

It is only in Nigeria today, that being poor generally refers to the lack of material things (whether you agree or not) and this is a pity. But I really cannot blame those who think this way. Years of “suffering” brought about by the terrible things (such as corruption and embezzling of state funds MEANT FOR ALL) that happened when such men of low estate found themselves in power and their celebration has brought upon them this mind-set.

These terrible things that have been perpetrated over the years and in all corners of power (not just with Jonathan or the FG) have eroded all the moral and value systems of our society to the point that the real things that should describe wealth or richness that ought to be rewarded such as sound character, honesty, accountability and STANDING UP AGAINST THE INJUSTICE AND PERVERSION OF POWER are now being discredited or ignored. It is now the other way round…

SUCH men (and not everybody) of Low estate as is being referred to here is the classifying or umbrella term for those who are not necessarily lacking in material things but are POOR (lacking or not having) in morals, having no shame or character, lacking self-control and self-discipline and the likes!!

Bode George, James Ibori, Alameiseigha (however his name is spelt, the one that dressed like a woman to evade identification at the airport) are examples of men of LOW ESTATE!!
I could not have said it any better.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 07, 2012
But we have :

GEJOCRAZY :- Government of the clueless,by the clueless and for the clueless.

tongue

2 Likes

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2012
Olanlere11: Pastor Tunde Bakare in his most recent teaching attributed Nigeria's problems to the fact that we have a poor man in power. In a series of declamations, Mr. Bakare asserted, “When the shoeless takes over, he does clueless things. When such men of low estate find themselves in power, terrible things begin to happen.” He added, “It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in silence.
If Bakare's teaching is anything to go by, what then is the fate of an average Nigerian, who has taken up education to change his social status? Is leadership an exclusive reserve of the rich? Is the prevailing insecurity orchestrated by the rich to humiliate the poor? Is it fair that a man of God who is suppose to preach equality now makes distinction between the rich and poor? Source: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/pastor-bakare-lampoons-mrs-patience-jonathan
Go and learn English language before you pose questions that will get us thinking hard to reply.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by bumps(m): 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2012
@poster this your story is framed to redicle bakare.we all know he always criticize constructively
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Elueme: 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2012
Bakare's over zealousness made him lost is true calling as a politician.. Probably in a haste for early fame or a well calculated platform to win the people's love he went into pastorial work and with his charismatism drew many fan to himself which I was one of them but the eagle has finally landed and God is exposing every falsehood. I stopped being his fan after the post election violence, not because of his involvement in politics which in my school of thought I saw nothing wrong but the kind of response that emanated from him.. The same responses are what we are all being witnesses to this day.. I doubt if he was ever called by God with the level he has denigrated himself.. Shame on him
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by baldeagle: 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
Idokojimmy: God will safe us from Bakare and his rich gang. A man of God in that matter

'In that matter' God pls 'safe' us from Idoko
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 07, 2012
No matter how u look at it, a shoeless man is materially poor. And men of low estate are people with no class in the society, the down trodden. So for those of u who are trying so hard to tell the meaning of bakare's statment and how he refer to something else, is etheir u are blinded by ur hatred for jona and his wife or u are reading with emotion.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by delords2: 3:41pm On Aug 07, 2012
I will never stop asking - WHICH GOSPEL IS THIS MAN PREACHING? Because even from the circular dimension, positive criticism of government policies is different from attacking an individual as a person. This man's vocabulary and sequence of speeches doesn't place under the cadre of men of God. I'm sure very soon Bakare will go down to use the children and grandchildren of GEJ for pulpit analysis.......
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Okijajuju1(m): 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2012
Skii: Regarding Patience, Bakare makes an excellent statement,

“It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in majestic silence.”

This is very true!

The natural instinct when faced with a situation beyond you is “fight or flight”

Bewildered by the vast amount of resources before her, she opts for flight (another trait of people of low estate) rather than to fight the innate desires of greed and fails to demonstrate self-control, so she is trying to acquire as much accolades as she can before she is no longer there. This is a typical manifestation of someone that is poor in many areas.

For heaven’s sake her husband was a Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice President and now President!! What more could she want?

Permit me if you are a Christian but Jesus teaches in Luke 12:15 “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”

No matter how much she tries to cover up, it won’t hide the fact or erase from the memory of Nigerians and the world that she is eloquently and articulately POOR!!

Except of course she continues to bask in the presence of those who she shares similar estates with…

No disrespect, but this entire write up is absolutely and irredeemably useless..

Starting from your constant misuse of the word "ESTATE" to the interpretations you tried to conjure up..

First of all, the idiom "Deep rivers flow in Majestic silence" is utter rubbish. The quietness of a river is not judged by its depth. As a Geologist, I can tell you this for free. Well, lets move on..

I dont even understand the "Fight or Flight" part of your post. SO Madam Jonathan is a Permanent Secretary in Bayelsa State, The First lady (whic is not a constitutionally recognized office) & also the head African First Ladies (Which should be a thing of pride to the Nigerian people). Whats so overwhelming about this?! Its already been stated that her role as permanent Secretary is pro bono and lets not forget that she was in the civil service prior to becoming the first lady anyways.. The African First ladies thing is more of an NGO function and not really a full time job. Look at it like the President of Nigeria who at the same time Doubles as the head of Ecowas and the President of the African Union amongst having a place in the UN, G-summit meeting and Word blah blah!. Why dont we complain about this?!

Its either you have a deep rooted hate for the presidency, a blind love for Bakare or you just have some really fhucked up way of analysing issues.

O, and on quoting the Bible.. Jesus who is the author of the Christian faith & sect of which Bakare is a leader was a man of "POOR ESTATE". Born in a manger to a lowly jewish carpenter. He (Jesus) also walked and dined amongst people of Low Estate. Jesus' estate was so low he rode on an A'ss instead of a Chariot into Jerusalem. Moses also who became the leader of the Children of Isreal was also a man of LOW ESTATE and to make matters worse also had a SPEECH IMPEDIMENT. Elijah was also a man of low estate who kept having to even take food from Widows of LOW ESTATE. INFACT, all the Prophets of God in the bible were all men of LOW ESTATE..

Dont drag the bible into this.. The bible does not support nor advocate looking down on men of LOW ESTATE.

Bakare is not a man of God and this sermon was preached with bitterness and guile which are both sins in the eyes of God.

Alusi Okija[color=990000]TM[/color] The gods are not to blame, cos The gods are wise..
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by delords2: 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2012
I will never stop asking - WHICH GOSPEL IS THIS MAN PREACHING? Because even from the circular dimension, positive criticism of government policies is different from attacking an individual as a person. This man's vocabulary and sequence of speeches doesn't place him under the cadre of men of God. I'm sure very soon Bakare will go down to use the children and grandchildren of GEJ for pulpit analysis.......
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by asidere(m): 3:53pm On Aug 07, 2012
How would he say that rich men should rule nigeria,instead of saying God fearing men,kind hearted,pure hearted.nowadays pastors are after material things.Ruling this country is not about rich man or poor man but is all about the personality,was Obama very rich but he was rich in his ideas and intellect.mr pastor please research well before you preach
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by inene: 3:54pm On Aug 07, 2012
This statement by the man of God shouldnt cause quarrel in Nairaland. The question to ask is - who is a rich man and who is a poor man. By the time GEK became President he could not be described as a poor man. The determination of who is rich and who is poor is so important because one man may have money and be very poor. To an ordinary mind Bakare was referring to cash but i disagree because if you have listened to him for a long time now you will realize that his definition of rich rises above possession of money. To be rich is more than that and how one sees himself is more important that his financial status so if GEJ still sees himself as shoeless, then he is indeed poor because he has refused to rise mentally above a station he once occupied in life. Bakare tell a story of facing challenges but over the years he has risen above that and one will be making a mistake to call him poor. I hope i have cleared the air a little
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by LFJ: 3:55pm On Aug 07, 2012
1peter29: austin 4get dat, he's far 4rm it. A real man of God cant b talkin against a constituted authority when d Bible says we shd rspect them in govt. God rules in d kingdom of men n makes king whoever pleases Him. D said pst has bn unequaly yoked wt an unbleiver, n he's cursed. His ministerial foundatn is faulty! Findout dtails 4rm d RCCG. When his time is up, God knos what 2 do 2 him as a disgrace element in d body of Christ.

God said we should respect those in authority, but not the criminals that find their way into position of authority. I hope you will remain vocal like this by the end of the tenure of ur kingsman
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by mylunch: 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
I think the guy has been misunderstood by reporters.He could't have meant such,cause he does't see him self as a rich person and he is not a rich person to me,i see him as just okay.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Okijajuju1(m): 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2012
inene: This statement by the man of God shouldnt cause quarrel in Nairaland. The question to ask is - who is a rich man and who is a poor man. By the time GEK became President he could not be described as a poor man. The determination of who is rich and who is poor is so important because one man may have money and be very poor. To an ordinary mind Bakare was referring to cash but i disagree because if you have listened to him for a long time now you will realize that his definition of rich rises above possession of money. To be rich is more than that and how one sees himself is more important that his financial status so if GEJ still sees himself as shoeless, then he is indeed poor because he has refused to rise mentally above a station he once occupied in life. Bakare tell a story of facing challenges but over the years he has risen above that and one will be making a mistake to call him poor. I hope i have cleared the air a little

HE didnt call the President poor...

He called the president "Shoeless", "Clueless", "A man of LOW ESTATE" and "Inferior"..

I dont see how this means any of that s'hit you just wrote..

We Nigerians are not fools, we can deduce for ourselves ..

2 Likes

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 07, 2012
but seriously, why would this obvious falsehood and deception be on the front page? undecided

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
Olanlere11: Pastor Tunde Bakare in his most recent teaching attributed Nigeria's problems to the fact that we have a poor man in power. In a series of declamations, Mr. Bakare asserted, “When the shoeless takes over, he does clueless things. When such men of low estate find themselves in power, terrible things begin to happen.” He added, “It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in silence.
If Bakare's teaching is anything to go by, what then is the fate of an average Nigerian, who has taken up education to change his social status? Is leadership an exclusive reserve of the rich? Is the prevailing insecurity orchestrated by the rich to humiliate the poor? Is it fair that a man of God who is suppose to preach equality now makes distinction between the rich and poor? Source: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/pastor-bakare-lampoons-mrs-patience-jonathan

God bless you my brother. I noticed this when I read his statement the other day, but I did not bother to talk about it because talking about Bakare imbues me with great rage and repulsion. This shameful, elitist view is not held by Bakare alone, folks like Atiku, IBB, and pretty much every other member of the establishment feel the same way. They can't come to terms with the fact that a 'nonentity' like Goodluck Jonathan came from nowhere to assume the exalted and coveted office of president and commander-in-chief. They feel irritated by this fact since they believe governance is their exclusive preserve, and it is apparent in the comments they have been making as well as in their body language.

Of course, Bakare's case is worst of all, for the simple reason that he purports to be a clergy man, which should ordinarily make him more accountable for his utterances and views. His is a helpless case, and to be honest, he is an extremely bad advertisement for Christianity.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Okijajuju1(m): 4:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
greateros: but seriously, why would this obvious falsehood and deception be on the front page? undecided

Its not a lie.. Its a fact .. This was his sermon from two sundays back.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 07, 2012
My guy, 9ja Dreamz, REACH UP THERE and LOOT THE TREASURY.

U then become a self made Millionaire.

ITbomb:
The Nigeria Dream
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by shineeye1: 4:06pm On Aug 07, 2012
This man called Bakare has completely gone berserk. He has gone out of control. Yet he still claims to be God's minister. If those quotes credited to him are authentic, then those still fellowshipping with him have become pastures under a strayed shepherd. Any unbiased mind can clearly see that Bakare has put aside all decorum, abandoned objectivity and descended into petty sarcasm. What should make a "man of God" to be using derogatory terms against a President to the extent of abusing his background? Is he insulting man or God? Should the poor be insulted? If a so called pastor can do this, what will the misguided members do? The degree of decay in this man calls for serious concern. It is a pity that his members would continue to urge him on rather than recall him to the path of order.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by LFJ: 4:07pm On Aug 07, 2012
Okija_juju:

Bakare is not a man of God and this sermon was preached with bitterness and guile which are both sins in the eyes of God.

Alusi Okija[color=990000]TM[/color] The gods are not to blame, cos The gods are wise..

If Bakare is not a man of God, you have the chance to declare him the deputy of Satan. In case you don't know there are millions of Nigerians who are more bitter than Bakare, if they have the chance to say something what you are hearing from Bakare is just small.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Okijajuju1(m): 4:15pm On Aug 07, 2012
LFJ:

If Bakare is not a man of God, you have the chance to declare him the deputy of Satan. In case you don't know there are millions of Nigerians who are more bitter than Bakare, if they have the chance to say something what you are hearing from Bakare is just small.

An entire rebuttal and you picked the last line and only came up with this?!

Your pastor just mocked the humble background of the president and poor peoples in general and this is all you could write?! Is this thread about the million more Nigerians who are bitter or are we talking about the message of hate, pride, arrogance and bitterness that was preached from the altar of God by a man who is supposed to be bringing the message of salvation in Christ Jesus to christians?!!

I dont care if this was said by Bakare under the Save Nigeria Group, but this is what he preaches from the altar almost every blessed Sunday since he lost the elections to Jonathan.

Nwokem, dont digress.. I am not here for juvenile banter.. Lets face the subject of this thread and address it..

Even Jesus, who lived in a time when Isreal was under Roman tyranny never once spoke such foolishness against the Roman government..

The number of you supposed Christians would will be surprised to find yourselves in hell would be so many, people like us would have to wait for eternity to get in..
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by 4reigningqueen: 4:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
What a ridiculous thread
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Okijajuju1(m): 4:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
4reigningqueen: What a ridiculous thread

How so?!
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by 4reigningqueen: 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2012
you need to be there live before you can draw conclusions.i was there live so i know what am talking about.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by SisiKill1: 4:25pm On Aug 07, 2012
Rotflmao @ Pastor Bakare! cheesy cheesy

He and my grandma sure will get along splendidly!!

She firmly believes that an "omo ti oju o ri ola ri" (Loosely translated: A child who has never seen wealth) will misbehave when they see it SUDDENLY. So she always says "ease them into to small by small so they can have time to get used to.

This is obviously the case with GEJ. . .From Fisherman with no shoes to Aso Rock with Gucci shoes in less than how many years? Haba!! Is it any wonder he and his wife are acting like kids in a candy store. . .grabbing whatever they can as quickly as they can before someone sends them packing. What is even more amusing is the fact that they [b]KNOW [/b]they don't belong there. . .hence the urgency!! cheesy cheesy

Apart from the grabbing the goodies like it is going out of style part, the general belief that a man who is rich must be [b]VERY SAVVY [/b]in many things/ways and a poor man. . . .well, I ain't sayin nothin lipsrsealed

Alls I'm gonna say is look at GEJ again and make up your own mind.

I'll tell ya this though, Pastor Bakare sure knows how to call 'em!! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by usmanyaro17: 4:27pm On Aug 07, 2012
Bakare is a dangerous man,he is the kind of pastors that have commercialized Christianity making it a merchandised ,what s shame for a so called man of God to sad that.My problem with him is his evil tongue that he uses to abuse people people's personalities in the name of him been a a prophet,he is a desperado who when given a little space will make human beings slave...what an arrogant man....
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by naturalwaves: 4:30pm On Aug 07, 2012

I hate the fact that,I have to talk on this over and over again!....Like I said earlier on in d previous post on PTB,Tunde Bakare's intellectual level(being a sound lawyer of high repute) is just too high for a lot of Nigerians to decipher and this is obvious from from d funny conclusions being drawn from his statements even by d Sahara reporter. It is also very funny to see how d so called Sahara reporter structured people's thinking and thoughts with the first sentence of d report before quoting Bakare and a lot of peoole fell for it (bad journalism).

FIRST OF ALL, There's a diff. Btw saying; "WHEN A SHOELESS TAKES OVER" and "WHEN THE SHOELESS TAKES OVER".The first statement( when a shoeless takes over)is a general statement. However,the second statement which was said by PTB(when d shoeless takes over) refers to a particular person which in this case is Jonathan.The statement doesn't mean that people of low background can't make it.ok?
EXAMPLE......WHEN A FOOTBALLER STEPS ON D PITCH,HE SCORES GOALS(general statement).WHEN THE FOOTBALLER STEPS ON D PITCH,HE SCORES GOALS(This is specific and directed towards a certain footballer)and sensible people will ask Who? I.e which footballer am I referring to?.Therefore,Bakare's statement was directed specifically to Jonathan and he isn't saying people of low backgrounds cannot make it.
POINT 2....Since the subject is already known,the rest follows...WHEN SUCH MEN OF LOW ESTATE FIND THEMSELVES IN POWER,TERRIBLE THINGS BEGIN TO HAPPEN.This statement is directed also to d subject and it means when people of Jonathan's mentality(CLUELESS persons) takes over,terrible things happen.QED.
Moreover,I guess the OP pasted this to provide a misleading twist to the previous topic which was well won by the PTB supporters and I am so dissapointed at the Admin/Mods for bringing this on for d 2nd time in less than 48hrs.I guess this was done basically for selfish profit making reasons and that's not good enough!

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Okijajuju1(m): 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2012
4reigningqueen: you need to be there live before you can draw conclusions.i was there live so i know what am talking about.

And what exactly are you trying to talk about?!!

We all saw the minutes of his preaching.. Infact, a word for word transcript is avaliable online if you want a recap..

So are you trying to say we cant think or that there are hidden parts of the message?!
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by shineeye1: 4:34pm On Aug 07, 2012
Bakare's outburst is a celebration of decadence. The greater regret are his followers who have failed to see where this man is taking them. This was a man invited by the SSS and given all the dignity deserving for any citizen in a decent society. Yet this man talks to the President of a nation in terms unacceptable even to a convicted criminal. Bakare and his backers have gone MAD! What does he think of his conceited self? How much richer is he compared to Jonathan? Whose origin is rich in Africa? We only need to trace a little to discover the wretchedness of Bakare. No man should be insulted on account of his possession- It is an insult on the Almighty. When the spirit left Saul on account of his departure from calling, he was possessed by a demon. BAKARE HAS DEPARTED FROM HIS CALLING AND IS NOW A SHADOW OF HIS FORMER SELF.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by LFJ: 4:34pm On Aug 07, 2012
Okija_juju:

An entire rebuttal and you picked the last line and only came up with this?!

Your pastor just mocked the humble background of the president and poor peoples in general and this is all you could write?! Is this thread about the million more Nigerians who are bitter or are we talking about the message of hate, pride, arrogance and bitterness that was preached from the altar of God by a man who is supposed to be bringing the message of salvation in Christ Jesus to christians?!!

I dont care if this was said by Bakare under the Save Nigeria Group, but this is what he preaches from the altar almost every blessed Sunday since he lost the elections to Jonathan.

Nwokem, dont digress.. I am not here for juvenile banter.. Lets face the subject of this thread and address it..

Even Jesus, who lived in a time when Isreal was under Roman tyranny never once spoke such foolishness against the Roman government..

The number of you supposed Christians would will be surprised to find yourselves in hell would be so many, people like us would have to wait for eternity to get in..

Sorry, I don't know that my post mock Mr president. Thank you for this information. For yor information, there is nothing special about Mr Jonathan humble begining, Shagari started his carrer as a teacher. Awolowo was from poor family, infact 75% of former Nigeria president had similar background. So what is special about I had a shoeless background.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible / Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question / Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.