Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule (14877 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Bakare Blasts CAN, PFN For Endorsing Jonathan / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2012
No one is born rich neither is there anyone born poor, is just that you need to work for what you wanted to be. GEJ was not born poor but rather was born into a poor family and he worked hard to become the 1st Citizen of Nigeria so bakare should go and hung himself.

Now I know where he is heading.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by pcicero(m): 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2012
Olanlere11: Pastor Tunde Bakare in his most recent teaching attributed Nigeria's problems to the fact that we have a poor man in power. In a series of declamations, Mr. Bakare asserted, “When the shoeless takes over, he does clueless things. When such men of low estate find themselves in power, terrible things begin to happen.” He added, “It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in silence.
If Bakare's teaching is anything to go by, what then is the fate of an average Nigerian, who has taken up education to change his social status? Is leadership an exclusive reserve of the rich? Is the prevailing insecurity orchestrated by the rich to humiliate the poor? Is it fair that a man of God who is suppose to preach equality now makes distinction between the rich and poor? Source: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/pastor-bakare-lampoons-mrs-patience-jonathan

I don't think Pastor Tunde Bakare meant riches in monetary value but riches in ideas. Our president in spite of his outstanding academic status doesn't seem to have the wealth of ideas needed to govern this nation.

2 Likes

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Olanlere11: 4:43pm On Aug 07, 2012
Skii:

[size=11pt
“When the shoeless takes over, he does clueless things. When such men of low estate find themselves in power, terrible things begin to happen.” He added, “It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in majestic silence.”

Shay this is what Bakare said that you are deducing he meant Nigeria is only governable by the rich?

For a start, what or who do you define as poor?

Because in truth, the word poor is relative and it depends on the context in which it is being used. Either way, it means not having or lacking in…but not having or lacking in what?

You want to tell me that someone who is very intelligent and highly intellectual is poor? Or someone who is highly talented in art, music or any other skill is poor? Certainly not!!

It is only in Nigeria today, that being poor generally refers to the lack of material things (whether you agree or not) and this is a pity. But I really cannot blame those who think this way. Years of “suffering” brought about by the terrible things (such as corruption and embezzling of state funds MEANT FOR ALL) that happened when such men of low estate found themselves in power and their celebration has brought upon them this mind-set.

These terrible things that have been perpetrated over the years and in all corners of power (not just with Jonathan or the FG) have eroded all the moral and value systems of our society to the point that the real things that should describe wealth or richness that ought to be rewarded such as sound character, honesty, accountability and STANDING UP AGAINST THE INJUSTICE AND PERVERSION OF POWER are now being discredited or ignored. It is now the other way round…

SUCH men (and not everybody) of Low estate as is being referred to here is the classifying or umbrella term for those who are not necessarily lacking in material things but are POOR (lacking or not having) in morals, having no shame or character, lacking self-control and self-discipline and the likes!!

Bode George, James Ibori, Alameiseigha (however his name is spelt, the one that dressed like a woman to evade identification at the airport) are examples of men of LOW ESTATE!![/size]
Any English speaker will tell u in clear terms that men of low estate as used by ur Precious Pastor means the proletariates as Karl Marx would call them. Bakare used low estate synonymously with shoeless. The shoeless here refers to GEJ'S political campaign slogan. Haba Skii, why are you denying the obvious. Is it because you come from a wealthy background? Does the world for the rich not have provision for the poor like us? is leadership skills an exclusive reserve of the high estate? Should we stop going to school, or stop developing ourselves just because we are of low estate or shoeless? If Bakare wanted to say moral decay, not morally upright, ethically backward, he knew the appropriate words to use. He meant to abuse the poor, he wanted to restrict us to followership, he wanted to distinguish between the rich and poor. Must a man of God segregate? Tell him that We the poor now know his agenda and will resist him with all our might.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Baawaa(m): 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2012
LFJ:

I guess he said this in his private meeting with you.
Thank you so much!!The poster is clueless as the shoeless president grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2012
Are people still taking Sheik Mohammed Bakare serious? Goodness for such a man to take so much space goes to show that Nigerians love mediocrity. Any surprise we are where we are?

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Okijajuju1(m): 4:53pm On Aug 07, 2012
naturalwaves:

I hate the fact that,I have to talk on this over and over again!....Like I said earlier on in d previous post on PTB,Tunde Bakare's intellectual level(being a sound lawyer of high repute) is just too high for a lot of Nigerians to decipher and this is obvious from from d funny conclusions being drawn from his statements even by d Sahara reporter. It is also very funny to see how d so called Sahara reporter structured people's thinking and thoughts with the first sentence of d report before quoting Bakare and a lot of peoole fell for it (bad journalism).

FIRST OF ALL, There's a diff. Btw saying; "WHEN A SHOELESS TAKES OVER" and "WHEN THE SHOELESS TAKES OVER".The first statement( when a shoeless takes over)is a general statement. However,the second statement which was said by PTB(when d shoeless takes over) refers to a particular person which in this case is Jonathan.The statement doesn't mean that people of low background can't make it.ok?
EXAMPLE......WHEN A FOOTBALLER STEPS ON D PITCH,HE SCORES GOALS(general statement).WHEN THE FOOTBALLER STEPS ON D PITCH,HE SCORES GOALS(This is specific and directed towards a certain footballer)and sensible people will ask Who? I.e which footballer am I referring to?.Therefore,Bakare's statement was directed specifically to Jonathan and he isn't saying people of low backgrounds cannot make it.
POINT 2....Since the subject is already known,the rest follows...WHEN SUCH MEN OF LOW ESTATE FIND THEMSELVES IN POWER,TERRIBLE THINGS BEGIN TO HAPPEN.This statement is directed also to d subject and it means when people of Jonathan's mentality(CLUELESS persons) takes over,terrible things happen.QED.
Moreover,I guess the OP pasted this to provide a misleading twist to the previous topic which was well won by the PTB supporters and I am so dissapointed at the Admin/Mods for bringing this on for d 2nd time in less than 48hrs.I guess this was done basically for selfish profit making reasons and that's not good enough!

Let me start by saying WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were to give a title to your post, I will call it "MORE BULLSHIT, FROM SHAKESPEAR NATURALWAVES.

To your credit, you did a much better job than Skii... Honestly, you impressed me, but again, You like Skii are also dead arse wrong.

I am in a Fhucking good mood today.. Okay.. let me take you back to school.. Funny enough, the one topic from my secondary school days I seem to remember vividly is the English Language Topic on 'THE' (The definite article)... lol

Todays Lesson.. ENGLISH LANGUAGE FOR DUMMIES 101.

Lets focus on the word "THE". Here is a brief breakdown of the word 'THE' and its uses in the English Language;

THE 1 ( before a vowel; before a consonant)
def.art.

a. Used before singular or plural nouns and noun phrases that denote particular, specified persons or things: the baby; the dress I wore.

b. Used before a noun, and generally stressed, to emphasize one of a group or type as the most outstanding or prominent: considered Lake Shore Drive to be the neighborhood to live in these days.

c. Used to indicate uniqueness: the Prince of Wales; the moon.

d. Used before nouns that designate natural phenomena or points of the compass: the weather; a wind from the south.

e. Used as the equivalent of a possessive adjective before names of some parts of the body: grab him by the neck; an infection of the hand.

f. Used before a noun specifying a field of endeavor: the law; the film industry; the stage.

g. Used before a proper name, as of a monument or ship: the Alamo; the Titanic.

h. Used before the plural form of a numeral denoting a specific decade of a century or of a life span: rural life in the Thirties.

Used before a singular noun indicating that the noun is generic: The wolf is an endangered species.

a. [size=14pt]Used before an adjective extending it to signify a class and giving it the function of a noun:[/size] the rich; the dead; the homeless.

b. Used before an absolute adjective: the best we can offer.

4. Used before a present participle, signifying the action in the abstract: the weaving of rugs.

5. Used before a noun with the force of per: cherries at $1.50 the box.

I want to draw your attention to USE OF 'THE' number 3, subsection A..

There, THE is used before an Adjective extending it to signify a class... Thats the exact same way Mr. Bakare used it.. "The Shoeless" signified a class of people..

There is no point addressing the remaining part of your comment as they are based on the foundation of this part which I just blew to smitherines...

Okay, NEXT PERSON....

Alusi Okija[color=990000]TM[/color] Schooling Ignorant Niggars since 1521
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by LFJ: 4:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
shine-eye:
BAKARE HAS DEPARTED FROM HIS CALLING AND IS NOW A SHADOW OF HIS FORMER SELF.

This was the part that interest me most. We will soon know who is a shadow of himself btw Joe and Bakare. Most of the rulers of yesterdays are today shadow of themself. Uncle Joe will soon become history, Bakare raised his voice during Abacha, Abdul Salam, OBJ and Yaradu. The friends of these people said what u are saying today. Thank God his voice is louder today that is evidence that God never shame those who are saying the truth.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Okijajuju1(m): 4:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
LFJ:

Sorry, I don't know that my post mock Mr president. Thank you for this information. For yor information, there is nothing special about Mr Jonathan humble begining, Shagari started his carrer as a teacher. Awolowo was from poor family, infact 75% of former Nigeria president had similar background. So what is special about I had a shoeless background.

Again sir...

YOU ARE DEVIATING...

I dont care about the poor background of any other person. Thats irrelevant in this matter.

This Thread is about the statement which was made by Tunde Bakare implying that Men of Low Estate are unfit to be president because they are Inferior.

Focus...
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Vestehen: 4:59pm On Aug 07, 2012
It is important thant when people engage issues, they do it from an objective perspective;deviod of biases. With all sense objectivity, i do not see anything wrong with a pastor engaging political issues, true christianity does not seperate e spritual from profane. However, in enaging issues we need not resort to insult and name calling, as pastor TB did. I do believe that there are better was of expressing ones opinion. The way and manner pst TB expressed his reflects arrogance.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by edicolove: 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2012
Attempting to defend Bakare's statement is very ridiculous. The only defense anyone can put forward is to somehow prove that he didn't use those words. I am amazed that some have written pages to explain a statement that doesn't need explanation. It is not prose. It is as direct and bare and simple as can be. The defining 2 words are "such men". Those 2 words remove any doubt that he was referring to a demography. The demography in this case is "men of low estate". There is absolutely no ambiguity is his statement. Forget about even being a pastor, no educated man should say such a thing. It is even worse than the "phone is not for the poor" statement from David Mark, years ago. The bible truly said "in the multitude of words there will always be terrible blunders". One of the problem of talking too much is that you will eventually reveal your inner convictions and beliefs. You might pretend for a lond time but eventually, you will lay yourself bare. If Bakare had said this in the developed world, he would have become public enemy number one. He is lucky that Nigeria is a divided place were people take partisan and tribal stance. But posterity will not forgive him for those words. It will hunt him for life.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Okijajuju1(m): 5:04pm On Aug 07, 2012
edicolove: Attempting to defend Bakare's statement is very ridiculous. The only defense anyone can put forward is to somehow prove that he didn't use those words. I am amazed that some have written pages to explain a statement that doesn't need explanation. It is not prose. It is as direct and bare and simple as can be. The defining 2 words are "such men". Those 2 words remove any doubt that he was referring to a demography. The demography in this case is "men of low estate". There is absolutely no ambiguity is his statement. Forget about even being a pastor, no educated man should say such a thing. It is even worse than the "phone is not for the poor" statement from David Mark, years ago. The bible truly said "in the multitude of words there will always be terrible blunders". One of the problem of talking too much is that you will eventually reveal your inner convictions and beliefs. You might pretend for a lond time but eventually, you will lay yourself bare. If Bakare had said this in the developed world, he would have become public enemy number one. He is lucky that Nigeria is a divided place were people take partisan and tribal stance. But posterity will not forgive him for those words. It will hunt him for life.

Not to worry sir... I am here and ready to take on all comers..

There is no redeeming this statement.. Its either they come out in full support that "Poor people are clueless and inferior heance cant rule" or they come out and condemn the entire statement.. NO MIDDLE GROUND!!

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by tunnytox(m): 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2012
LFJ:

Sorry, I don't know that my post mock Mr president. Thank you for this information. For yor information, there is nothing special about Mr Jonathan humble begining, Shagari started his carrer as a teacher. Awolowo was from poor family, infact 75% of former Nigeria president had similar background. So what is special about I had a shoeless background.

The difference is a shoeless background coupled with cluelessness is no doubt a recipe for disaster grin grin
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by tunnytox(m): 5:10pm On Aug 07, 2012
edicolove: Attempting to defend Bakare's statement is very ridiculous. The only defense anyone can put forward is to somehow prove that he didn't use those words. I am amazed that some have written pages to explain a statement that doesn't need explanation. It is not prose. It is as direct and bare and simple as can be. The defining 2 words are "such men". Those 2 words remove any doubt that he was referring to a demography. The demography in this case is "men of low estate". There is absolutely no ambiguity is his statement. Forget about even being a pastor, no educated man should say such a thing. It is even worse than the "phone is not for the poor" statement from David Mark, years ago. The bible truly said "in the multitude of words there will always be terrible blunders". One of the problem of talking too much is that you will eventually reveal your inner convictions and beliefs. You might pretend for a lond time but eventually, you will lay yourself bare. If Bakare had said this in tuhe developed world, he would have become public enemy number one. He is lucky that Nigeria is a divided place were people take partisan and tribal stance. But posterity will not forgive him for those words. It will hunt him for life.

100% Gabbage
Simply admit that your level of understanding/comprehension/understanding of language is abysmally poor and we'll understand.
I wonder if you've ever lived in a developed world before otherwise you won't be spewing that Gabbage you posted above.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Okijajuju1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 07, 2012
tunnytox:

100% Gabbage
Simply admit that your level of understanding/comprehension/understanding of language is abysmally poor and we'll understand.
I wonder if you've lived in a developed world before otherwise you won't be spewing that Gabbage you posted above.

Erm... Im patiently waiting for this your post to start making sense..

What exactly were you trying to say with the "developed world" part..

I would really like to hear you out.. Please continue.. I am all ears.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by edicolove: 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2012
There is a phenomenon in sociology where people say or do things in a crisis because if favours their cause but after the crisis, they suddenly become a victim of their own creation. I don't want to go into too much grammar here so I have made it simple. That is the situation Bakare and his fellow goons are putting themselves. When you say such things, you forget that millions of people including you have their whole futures built on such a principle. The whole principle of the new world is founded on equality and equal opportunity for all. If you take that away, you take the world backwards about 300 years at least. No matter how you think or what your personal opinion is, GEJ rise to power is still one of the most imspiring stories of hope for the down trodden. It doesn't matter whether GEJ does well or not. That's a different story altogether. If you negate that, then we might as well go back to racism, slavery and class segregation.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by LFJ: 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2012
Okija_juju:

Again sir...

YOU ARE DEVIATING...

I dont care about the poor background of any other person. Thats irrelevant in this matter.

This Thread is about the statement which was made by Tunde Bakare implying that Men of Low Estate are unfit to be president because they are Inferior.

Focus...

If Bakare is getting you angry like this on nairaland, I will suggest that you go to his church on Sunday and call him a liar to his face. Or in alternative you can assemble ppl to tour every street in Lagos to expose the lies of Bakare. If that is what you think Bakare mean you are entitle to your opinion. Bakare statement is clear enough to me to understand that his stone is targeted at the shoeless man. If tribal sentiment blind us from interpreting very straight forward message I think there is problem somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2012
tunnytox:

100% Gabbage
I wonder if you've ever lived in a developed world before otherwise you won't be spewing that Gabbage you posted above.

You are the one posting garbage. Bakare attacked the materially poor. People should stop.defending rubbish. Bakare seems useless as a pastor, whether he'll be better in politics remains to be seen. He sure talks faster than he thinks.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by edicolove: 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
tunnytox:

100% Gabbage

Normally, I don't respond to pettiness and side stepping. But for the benefit of many on here I will respond.

The essense of talking in public is communication. Clear and concise. If people have to go back to school to do PhD to understand Bakare's statement, then he has failed woefully as a communicator and public speaker. Please do not indict him more. His words are simple as can be "when such men of low estate" does not need to be explained any further. That demography is probably around 80% or more of the Nigerian population.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by Akolawole(m): 5:25pm On Aug 07, 2012
Bakare came from a very poor background and he will hardly say that in its ENTIRETY.

We knew Mr presido just find himself in that seat so cluelessness will be his attribute.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by tunnytox(m): 5:25pm On Aug 07, 2012
Okija_juju:

Erm... Im patiently waiting for this your post to start making sense..

What exactly were you trying to say with the "developed world" part..

I would really like to hear you out.. Please continue.. I am all ears.

Ask the op that I quoted why he thought Bakare couldn't have said that in a developed world, I wonder what he meant by developed world because in those developed world political arena I hear even more than what Bakare said all the time.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by AZeD1(m): 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
For those who don't understand
Shoeless doesn't mean poor cos the beggars i see in lagos are poor but they all wear shoes/slippers.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by pokkadot: 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
bamto: A much fuller text of his message has been debated on this forum. This is a calculated attempt to stand logic on its head. Op's post is a complete falsehood and is misleading. Sahara Reporters are full of craps from the desert.

Very interesting. When saharareporters carrys a report insulting the GEj, it is hailed by u and ur likes, when it carrys a report that exposes the hipocricy of a self proclaimed man of God, it become falsehood. I say self proclaimed cos we were not there when his god called him neither were we sent a notice. All we know about his calling is what he told us. Even Christ who is our example as christians was born of humble backgroud, by a carpenter in a manger. Its men like him that turn the bible to suit their purpose. God go judge all of us, especially somcalled men of god.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by tunnytox(m): 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2012
TroGunn:

You are the one posting garbage. Bakare attacked the materially poor. People should stop.defending rubbish. Bakare seems useless as a pastor, whether he'll be better in politics remains to be seen. He sure talks faster than he thinks.

If Bakare is a useless Pastor to you then you're fkking useless poster to me because to me being a pastor does not separate you from the reality of the world you live in.

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by AZeD1(m): 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2012
edicolove:

Normally, I don't respond to pettiness and side stepping. But for the benefit of many on here I will respond.

The essense of talking in public is communication. Clear and concise. If people have to go back to school to do PhD to understand Bakare's statement, then he has failed woefully as a communicator and public speaker. Please do not indict him more. His words are simple as can be "when such men of low estate" does not need to be explained any further. That demography is probably around 80% or more of the Nigerian population.
That "such men" in his statement was refering to a particular person not the people in general.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by tunnytox(m): 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2012
edicolove:

Did you even bother to read the full text of his speech and understand it without prejudice or you just want to come here to show like others that you're anti PTB?
Seriously what point are you trying to make?
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by edicolove: 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2012
tunnytox:
Ask the op that I quoted why he thought Bakare couldn't have said that in a developed world, I wonder what he meant by developed world because in those developed world political arena I hear even more than what Bakare said all the time.

If you ever use such words in the developed world as a practising politician, your career is over. Even your own party men will hand you out to dry. You will even be sued by several NGOs for hate speech against a demography. In fact, you can't even say that as a pastor. Obama had to keep a big distance from his former pastor so he wouldn't get fried

1 Like

Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by edicolove: 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2012
A-ZeD:

That "such men" in his statement was refering to a particular person not the people in general.

How can such men refer to one person? Is men singular or plural? Please educate me. Maybe I will learn something new today. You never know! Lol
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by mactonnyso: 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2012
Bakare,the pastor turned politician is already frustrated, why are members of his sect not helping out atleast for the sake of his children.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by tunnytox(m): 5:37pm On Aug 07, 2012
edicolove:

If you ever use such words in the developed world as a practising politician, your career is over. Even your own party men will hand you out to dry. You will even be sued by several NGOs for hate speech against a demography. In fact, you can't even say that as a pastor. Obama had to keep a big distance from his former pastor so he wouldn't get fried

Dude you simply an infant in politics grin grin I'll only be wasting my time trying to educate you a bit. By the way please tell me which developed world you live in? Or which one are you referring to?
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by edicolove: 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2012
tunnytox:

Did you even bother to read the full text of his speech and understand it without prejudice or you just want to come here to show like others that you're anti PTB?
Seriously what point are you trying to make?

Are you saying he didn't use those words? I don't understand what you are bickering about. I didn't form the words. He did. So except somehow you are telling us with proof that he didn't say them, then stop galivanting around.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by LFJ: 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2012
tunnytox:

The difference is a shoeless background coupled with cluelessness is no doubt a recipe for disaster grin grin

Okay, thank you, I can now see the different. This mean that Mr president add nother level to the standard. I can see the reason why my friends are getting angry. Infact we need to cut this man head.
Re: Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule by franksunny(m): 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2012
Up Barca fans, say Buhari. Prodigal children

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Your Paper Bible Is Better Than Phone Bible / Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question / Shall We Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Olamide Obire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.