Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,216 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:29 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. (19381 Views)

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by edogho(m): 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
Thread started August 07 and continued till September 21st. Status: still not concluded and we've entered another year so i'll give mi judgement.
@Maximus,opened the thread to answer questions the way jws do. You throw in the question and wait for a reply/answer(since its onlyn not a face2face discussion). And from all i can gather,the questions mr.Maximus was anticipating were supposed to be based on beliefs supported by the bible.
@mr.Nimshi,mr.Myjoe and other guys(whose posts are insignificant when compared to the chief opposers mentioned above)made up their mind to derail the thread(although not totally because i enjoyed the arguments made therein). With mr.Nimshi starting with questions that have nothing to do with mr.Maximus' intentions of starting the thread. Mr. Myjoe started with claims of wanting to bring facts buh later argued from sourceless angles buh still tries to elevate his own thinking capacity above that of others(this i disagree with). @mr. Barrister,brought up documents and argued ferociously(of course,as barristers are knwn for) though he made use of words i think are degrading(tho all except mr. Max are guilty of this). After considering the sites mr. Nim brought up,i declare them unreliable since non is from a reliable source even if they're from the internet(all from jw haters). As for mr. Myjoe,talking about reasonableness,putting faith and calling anytin you see on the internet fact does not spell well and is an insult to reasonableness itself,do refrain from boasting of a greater thinking ability than others and the claim that you don't hate jws,stop saying that because its obvious its the opposite. @truthislight,its not noble to accuse mr. Max the way you did. If i were him,i wouldn't be happy with what you typed there. @Nim n Max n even Ola,i noticed you guys are only hinting and highlighting the cases of peadophilia and prophecies that didn't come to pass and you of course exaggerated many times with mr. Nim tagging the GB as dangerous.(not a noble act). I have more to say about how all of you guys involved here acted in socially unaccepted ways(i have rights to say so cos i'm the judge here even if nobody made me in this case/thread,wateva)buh will refrain from continuing because i know as sensible gentlemen,you all will next tym argue in a responsible level. HERE'S MI JUDGEMENT. I hereby warn all of you here to stop using defaming,degradin n unwholesome words in wateva arguements you decide to have hear on NL or face the consequences of neglectin this warnin. Especialling the cunning ones amongst you who pretend to present facts with a motive of discouraging people who are doing wat they know to be right(exclusively to Mr. Myjoe)and still have the guts to deny trying to de-convert(ask ursef and answer sincerely. Wat other motive could there be?nobody be small pikin here)innocent ppl from christianity. The way i see it(with mi blessed eyes of seeing only good)true christianity is the only solution to our problems even if not now buh in the future to come(i know atheists will fume @this). So i don't want any of you guys barred and banned. I declare this thread closed. Case dismissed.(mi judgement is divine,u dispute,i ban you)

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 10:19am On Apr 24, 2013
It is rather unfortunate how human do things and reason.

The bible gives the yard sticks for what christianity should be and not man, but man will always wish to use his own Judgement for and against to passed sentence without consideration for God's view on the matter.

The bible says that the "day and hour" no one knows and i have never seen where the JW ever goes against that expressed statement of Jesus christ.

But people that dont even care about God nor the bible and people that have evolved doctrines that are alien to the bible will bunch together/unite on a common front to attack the JW that have no other agenda but to let people know the bible message and the hope of a kingdom that will bring about a solution to mankinds problems.

An examination of the preaching of the prophet Jonah in Nineveh is an instant of time that a prophet prophesied as was directed by Yahweh, even mentioning the pacific "day" and yet Yahweh with his own discretion decided to forgive the ninevites even though Yahweh did not explained to the Ninevites that Jonah had spoken the truth though it did not come to pass.

Did that ^ then meant that Jonah was a false prophet? Not at all! He spoke Yahweh's message.

All Jonah did was carry out the instruction from Yahweh and leave the rest to Yahweh and not let his pride to come between.

In the instance of the JW, they NEVER claimed that they got a private Revelation from Yahweh as regarding the world ending, but rather, as bible student, there study of the bible move them to publish their studies and let people know the consistency of the calculation and prophesy pointing to this age as the "times of the end".

If i was to have a problem with that ^, the reasonable thing to do is to confirm if the info is consistent with/contained in the bible just like in the instance of Jonah, confirmed that Jonah is, was passing out instructions from Yahweh. QED. And not to rashly labelled Jonah " A FALSE PROPHET". How rash!

The other aspect is to examined the doctrines of JW and see if it is consistent and true, but no, they dont want to do that neither do they want others to examine their doctrines but are anxious to pass on a baseless tag = "JW are FALSE PROPHET" and cover the truth about the bible that the JW's are teaching world over.

This bible truth is even the basis for everlasting life in God's kingdom, the essence of christianity:

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth." (1 Timothy 2:3-4).

"this means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of You, the only true God and of Jesus christ whom though has sent". (John 17:3).

Well, those that dont want the preaching of the message about the kingdom of God should keep showing themselves:

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. " (Matthew 24:14).

Lets see how they can stop that ^, cus it has practically been done.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by ProfyJay(m): 3:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
So what is your thesis about falsing the exitence of hell fire even after the bible confirmed it
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by edogho(m): 5:23pm On Apr 24, 2013
I dug this post out from last year and mr. Truth just snatched it?(even ignoring mi decree?buh i'm happy he took to heart mi warnings to refrain from using vulgar words.)now please mr. Truth answer the question placed after your post before we go further.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 5:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
edogho: I dug this post out from last year and mr. Truth just snatched it?(even ignoring mi decree?buh i'm happy he took to heart mi warnings to refrain from using vulgar words.)now please mr. Truth answer the question placed after your post before we go further.

He should wait for the op or meet a JW.

He can even ask Frosbel or IJawkid in this Forum.
Peace.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by edogho(m): 11:18am On Apr 25, 2013
Si hermano. Buh know i'm a christian witness too(for 7yrs now). It took me tym to accept being one buh truth shines and only those that have eyes could see and open up to welcome God's spirit. I have mi suspicions that Myjoe was once a witness(although not totally sure). I've seen truth in d organisation of Jehovah's Witnesses and i and mi family are remaining in. I wonder where people who hasn't seen truth are looking from. There's been no criticism on the organisation that i haven't heard(major critics are always ex-jw). So its not new to me(cos i was once a critic). Just gotta tell you to safeguard your mind as we contend with the destructive wisdom(which always wears the mask of true knowledge) of satan's system.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2013
truthislight:

Guy i appreciate the fact that you are trying to carry people along here but on this issue of 1975 the GB did not say that the world will come to an end that year.

I for one have the magazine and i did not get the understanding that the world will end in 1975.

The incident was even a local phenomena since that fever did not gripped other countries like it did in nigeria.

The statment said that 1975 will mark 6000years of mankind existence on earth after creation.

It also said that after God worked for 6 days he rested in the 7th day.

So it asked: "AFTER 6000 YEARS WHAT NEXT, CHRIST MILLENIUM" ?

The understanding of that statement in Nigeria probably due to the level of literacy was that christ MILLENIUM will start in 1975 which was not what the GB had said.
And being after a civil war i wander if all JW then had access to the magazines, but may have pass the info round via third party.

It should be noted that the JW honestly believe that God's kingdom is the solution to human problem and they are urge to live their life in such away that they will not be caught un awear.

The JW are announcing God's king and they never said they know the date it will come but while one is alive he should be in constant expectations.

The GB points out what is contain in the bible to HELP people see that bible prophesy are fulfilling.

To say that JW predict when the world will end is incorrect, but that they constantly points to bible prophesy showing that we live in the time of the end.

The bible/christ had said that his followers should be in expectation of the end, though it may delay it will not be late.
the fever was even less in Nigeria, in the west it worse, and they weren't illiterates!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:20pm On Apr 26, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

If you have been following the prevarication of your Society that I have been posting from page 1 you would have realised that it was them changing the goalpost to keep you guys fixated on them. Since you would not touch those earlier predictions with a bar pole let's leave those and move on to your question of generation. What does your Society say or said about how long a generation would last?

"When the term 'generation' is used with reference to the people living at a particular time, the exact length of that time cannot be stated, except that the time would fall within reasonable limits. These limits would be determined by the life span of the people of that time or of that population. . . . Today, much as it was in the time of Moses, people living under favorable conditions may reach 70 or 80 years of age" — Insight on the Scriptures, vol. 1, 1988, pp. 917-918

So, If the "generation" of the "time of the end" would last up to 80 years, what date failed to bring the end as prophesied by the Society?

1914 generation + 80 years = 1994. Can you tell us how your Society excused away this false prophecy knowing that we are now living in 2012?

Again I will be posting how your Society's publication in 1995 responded to this:

"Jehovah's people have at times speculated about the time when the 'great tribulation' would break out, even tying this to calculations of what is the lifetime of a generation since 1914. However, we 'bring a heart of wisdom in,' not by speculating about how many years or days make up a generation, but by thinking about how we 'count our days' in bringing joyful praise to Jehovah. . . . Is anything to be gained, then, by looking for dates or by speculating about the literal lifetime of a 'generation'? Far from it" — The Watchtower, November 1, 1995, p. 17, 19
hmm...
Are these quotes correct? They really seem contradictory.
@ola, weytin sup? E bi like say u get something against the witnesses, you went over and above just to disprove. Fear don catch me.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by ukchy: 8:49am On Apr 27, 2013
Maximus85:
My Brother, its obvious you hate JW's. We follow exactly what Jesus asked true Christians to do after he left.
That we hate the Catholic is so untrue. We preach Love, hope, faith etc how then should we hate? We are agains some of the Catholic's doctrine. We don't worship Mary, we worship God. Mary is Jesus's earthly mother, not God's Mother as the Catholic teaches. John 14:28. JESUS SAID "FATHER IS GREATER THAN I"
Note: I cant find the eight questions.

[color=#000099]Note Mr...Catholics don't worship Mary,we respect and honour her for giving birth to Jesus the saviour of the world.If you respect your earthly mother why would you not respect the Mother of our Saviour...Mary is Jesus earthly mother as you claim WHO then IS his heavenly mother and for God to find her special to give birth to who will bring salvation to mankind is that not worth the respect? or are you saying that God made a mistake??

Also,that you are not a Catholic does not give you the right to talk on what you don't know about Catholic Church.Jesus respected and honour his mother by aiding to her request by turning water into wine in Canaan and that is what Catholics do,we ask for her intercession which was shown in the Bible or is it not in your own JW Bible?.

One question i always ask you people is WHY DID YOU PEOPLE REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT THAT DEATH AND RESURRECTION WAS THE BASIS FOR CHRISTIAN FAITH IF YOU CLAIM TO BE A CHRISTIANS.Your doctrine don't believe in death and resurrection of Christ WHY

Don't you know that there is no hope for man kind if Christ did not resurrect.I need answer plz
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by edogho(m): 10:11am On Apr 29, 2013
ukchy:

[color=#000099
One question i always ask you people is WHY DID YOU PEOPLE REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT THAT DEATH AND RESURRECTION WAS THE BASIS FOR CHRISTIAN FAITH IF YOU CLAIM TO BE A CHRISTIANS.Your doctrine don't believe in death and resurrection of Christ WHY

Don't you know that there is no hope for man kind if Christ did not resurrect.I need answer plz
(here comes the self made judge)hello mr.ukchy, it's good when people talk the way you did and i find it really pleasing as to how you tendered your questions. Mr. Nim and Myjoe have been talking about the uninformed since buh your questions brought sometin up in mi head that there're not only "the uninformed"(as they like calling it)buh there're also "the misinformed". I will not try to enter any argument with anybody in this thread because of the position i give misef here(as the judge)buh i believe Mr. Max is capable to put tins through with you. Note pls,that there're those who will try to corrupt and distract you,buh i believe you're up to the task to put them off and focus on getting answers to the question you raised. Mr. Max will tend to your question as soon as he goes through it. Tanks again for such wonderful way of tendering your case.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Yooguyz: 10:37am On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Yooguyz: 11:00pm On Sep 12, 2013
question: why do jw's believe that their organization is the only link to God?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 13, 2013
MyJoe:
Is highlighted meant to disable anything I might write before I write it? You don’t want me to reply you, then? I doubt you don’t. So I will reply you. But I seem to have lost track of your argument, as I can’t get what your point is any more. I don’t even know whether you accept that an affiliation took place or not. So please answer the following questions so I can reply you.

1. In 1991, did Watchtower become affiliated with the UN as an associate NGO?

2. “i dont see the relevance of stephen bates here other than trying to be relevant, …, but to mee he is like a pooo! a liar and an attention seeker”
Do you say the above of Mr Bates because you have reasons to believe he is of a disreputable character or because he wrote something that appears not to favour the JW?

Thank you.

please read this link regarding Jw affliation with UN.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses_and_the_United_Nations
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 13, 2013
Yooguyz: question: why do jw's believe that their organization is the only link to God?

see the answer in www.jw.org
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:56am On Sep 13, 2013
Ubenedictus: hmm...

Are these quotes correct? They really seem contradictory.
@ola, weytin sup? E bi like say u get something against the witnesses, you went over and above just to disprove. Fear don catch me.

Can you point out exactly what you feel is contradictory?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Yooguyz: 10:48am On Sep 13, 2013
Laalamed:

see the answer in www.jw.org
if i reffered you to a website would you visit there?
Quote the answer from the website from me.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by 7spirit: 10:13am On Oct 25, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Fair enough. Let me give you extracts from yor Awake magazine when it attempted to answer this question.

"True, there have been those in times past who predicted an ‘end of the world,’ even announcing a specific date. …Yet, nothing happened. The ‘end’ did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? …Missing from such people were God’s truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them" —Awake!, October 8, 1968, p. 23 **

http://4jehovah.org/images/stories/downloads/jehovahs_witness/prophecy/awake-10-8-1968-p23.pdf

may GOD save all men through the blood of Jesus Christ, Amen. J.w has done well in believing on the new earth, but of holiness, holy Spirit, judgement, tribulation time, hell and heaven they no nothing at all. may GOD give them understanding through the knowledge of thruth. but as for catholics; may GOD root them up completly for the sins of idolatry and false doctrines, such as the christmas and easter festival which are all idolatry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Shiloh 2020: See Things To Bring Along / Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God / What Does The Bible Say About Makeup And The Use Of Jewelry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.