Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,435 members, 7,815,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. (19056 Views)

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2012
MyJoe: You gotta be kidding me! A repudiation of an intention to de-convert equals a threat to do so?

There is a proverb nuclearboy used to relate about a tortoise that said he was going to disgrace himself. People pleaded with him to turn back but nothing would make him change his mind. So they let him go on to disgrace himself.

Maybe it’s not just reasoning challenges he has. Take your time to go through the conversation below and decide if this is simply a spiritually blind, small minded, confused, drunken and insane guy who will go to any extent in the hope of tarring someone, probably praying to Jehovah when posting, to blind everyone and make his lies stick or if there are mind problems involved.

Barristers

MyJoe

Barristers

Here:

Somebody once told someone that the Bible could be used to prove anything. To “demonstrate” that, he opened to a verse, covered a part of it with his finger and asked the other fellow to read. The fellow read the verse aloud, “There is no God.” That was some kind of joke, of course, because once he removed his finger, it said “The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God”. That is what Barristers does seriously here in his wretched efforts to sustain his campaign of lies against me, using the highlight function, and hoping and praying no one will notice.

After reading the above, my first thought was of his comprehension - perhaps his comprehension problems are just as bad as that those of Maximus85 who looks at text and sees what is inside his own head and Mr truthislight who doesn’t even take a good look before rushing off to click the reply button and type an unthinking response attacking you if you said what appear to be against the JW or praising you if you appeared to support them. But no. What we have here is deliberate, depraved, slimy lying. A repudiation of an intention to de-convert equals a threat to do so!

I asked him to reclaim his credibility but he sank it further.

But he came back with this:

I’m having second thoughts. Maybe he has serious comprehension problems, then. Or he’s too plastered from whatever he has been smoking.

Hmmm!

What is the value of this?

If i am "truth is light" why do you expect me to bend the truth?

You are a chamealeon.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2012
Nimshi: Barristers: one man, barristers; lol. What passes for your brain has been fried by years of JW propaganda.
May be Satan the Devil (hehehe) made you a JW to give JWs a really, really bad name; just look at the nonsense oozing from all over you.
Barristers: Time registered: July 08, 2012 | Time spent online: 1 day & 12 hours | Last seen: 3:31pm
Has to be. Never met anyone this odious.

JWs don't take blood or what? Just say JWs don't donate blood. JWs who need human blood products use them all the time; like, a certain Haemoglobin Factor which JWs use ;-) The problem is that JWs like to reap where they've not sown: they deplete the supply but are not allowed to replenish it. Shame on you. That's not moral. It's not even Christian.
The way it works is, you don't take the whole. Break it into four, don't take any part. But break each of those four parts into 2 (that is, whole into 8 ) and viola! you can take it. So, you can take part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5, part 6, part 7 and part 8 - separately. Someone was educating me on "fractions" in another thread. To him, 1/4 is a fraction, but 1/8 is not! But once you gather all the eight parts, you end up with the whole. And, of course, without the whole, there would be no 1/8. But, hell! Who are you trying to educate? How many JW even understand these fractions and the implications? Even far more obscure are the real reasons the church had to come out with the policy allowing these fractions.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 5:19pm On Aug 28, 2012
MyJoe:
You are getting knowledge of nothing. How can someone who lacks basic thinking skills acquire the right knowledge from a write-up, no matter how well-written?

Highlighted is a dumb question – Watchtower never admits anything. Poor Maximum85 thought they do about their predictions and got himself into trouble with Mr truthislight who has now accused him of misrepresentation. They have paid out millions yet they never admitted anything. And who’s talking about elder? You are the one making issues out of the fact priests were accused and only 11 elders were accused, and that they only abuse girls at JW while the Catholics abuse boys.

So it was only the “believed to run into” portion that you read? Again you cover a portion with your finger hoping and praying to Jehovah no one will notice. Why did you not comment on the portion where it said the church announced it in a conventions in US about the payouts running into millions it had been forced to make? I expected you to, at least, say it is “concocted”. Okay, so you admit the $788,000 case was in the article. Now, $788,000 is closer to $1m than half a mil. If that is the only case ever in which the church has paid out money, I would only be guilty of an exaggeration, not an outright lie. But the fact would remain that you ignored it in the Wiki article you lifted from, thus misleading the unwary reader into believing that only the Catholic Church has paid out money while the JW is clean. In any case, I am not exaggerating, as anyone will find when they research the matter.

@Hitler pictures
We get characters like you every now and then. There was one a couple of years back posting nude pictures and labeling a respected lady in the section. Mr truthislight, the ringside cheerleader who claps happily for anyone who supports a JW idea, still thinks you are good rep of his church. Pity.

Guy,
You are very slippery.
You are more dangerouse than you partners in crime.
You are very subtle.
You were once advising nimshi not to be two forward cus that will archive less or have less impact.

What impact do you expect to have?

To destroy people faith?
Who does such work if not satan?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 5:20pm On Aug 28, 2012
truthislight:

Hmmm!

What is the value of this?
To you, none, since I did not write it supporting some JW idea. You are too far gone. Too confused. It's far easier to slouch on than try to think things through.

If i am "truth is light" why do you expect my to bend the truth?

You are a chamealeon.
The person you who gave you that word, the one you are licking his backside and saying people cannot talk to outside of here, doesn't even know what it means. But you really feel dazzled by any colours around here? By my guest.

truthislight:
Guy,
You are very slippery.
You are more dangerouse than you partners in crime.
You are very subtle.
Yeah. Except when I appear to support your JW ideas. Keep repeating the above, you hear?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 5:27pm On Aug 28, 2012
truthislight:
You were once advising nimshi not to be two forward cus that will archive less or have less impact.

What impact do you expect to have?

To destroy people faith?
Who does such work if not satan?
Show me where I advised him about any impacts. Again you read amiss. I advised him not to lead anyone to think anything. Drop facts and leave things that way. But like I said earlier, you can't comprehend such higher ideals. All you know is "pro-JW" and "anti-JW. That's the prism with which you see the world. It's shame for an adult. A waste of a mind.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 5:36pm On Aug 28, 2012
Nimshi: Barristers: one man, barristers; lol. What passes for your brain has been fried by years of JW propaganda.
May be Satan the Devil (hehehe) made you a JW to give JWs a really, really bad name; just look at the nonsense oozing from all over you.
Barristers: Time registered: July 08, 2012 | Time spent online: 1 day & 12 hours | Last seen: 3:31pm

JWs don't take blood or what? Just say JWs don't donate blood. JWs who need human blood products use them all the time; like, a certain Haemoglobin Factor which JWs use ;-) The problem is that JWs like to reap where they've not sown: they deplete the supply but are not allowed to replenish it. Shame on you. That's not moral. It's not even Christian.

And, I don't have time to educate you about the years of fornication of the JW organisation with the wild beast.
Just like those pictures in your nonsense Revelation Climax (gasp!) book, you JWs rode the wild beast for years, until a journalist published your hypocrisy, and then you quickly dissociated. Here, in all its simple glory is the original article by Stephen Bates which exposed the JW sect for what it is:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2001/oct/08/religion.world

And, Hitler: yes, JWs supported Hitler when it was expedient. You want proof too? No, won't be casting pearls before hogs ;-)

truthislightisdarkness: why're you turning on warrior Maximus? Don't do that; he's one of you. You can't disfellowship him now! In any case, Yahweh is watching you. He will inform your elders that you're enjoying the secret pleasure of posting on the Internet. What will you do when they announce to your congregation that's you're walking in a 'disorderly manner', or charge you for 'loose conduct'?

What a link was that?

Is it different from what you have been saying here all along.

That is all you have to proof the jw being a part of the un.

So, using a school library makes you a student of that institution?

Have a life.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 5:39pm On Aug 28, 2012
Nimshi:

This is a cornerstone JW strategy

- execute payouts
- impose gag orders (this reinforces the JW org as amoral; fight for freedom of speech, but deny it to those you've raped).
- admit nothing (this, also, reinforces the JW org as amoral).

The most recent case of the award of more the USD 20 million was one exception.

Lol. Truthislieisdarkness was mad at the warrior for good reason: the JW org doesn't lie admitting they've been wrong, even f they've predicted the end of the world in 1914, 1925, and 2000; and even though they promised in the 1920s: 'millions now living will never die'; most people then living have now died. And even though they told people in the 60s: 'you will never grow old in this system of things'.

We're here in 2012, and our resident militant JWs can't see it. Except for Maximus, who is now being chastised for being somewhat human.

^^^^

Lies. Lies, and lies.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 5:48pm On Aug 28, 2012
MyJoe:
To you, none, since I did not write it supporting some JW idea. You are too far gone. Too confused. It's far easier to slouch on than try to think things through.

The person you who gave you that word, the one you are licking his backside and saying people cannot talk to outside of here, doesn't even know what it means. But you really feel dazzled by any colours around here? By my guest.

Yeah. Except when I appear to support your JW ideas. Keep repeating the above, you hear?

How can you even imagine for once that i relied on your support?

I knew you the first time you came debating with
me

If you can remember, i told you that you came for a fight.

And here you are doing just that.
Lol
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 6:07pm On Aug 28, 2012
truthislight:

How can you even imagine for once that i relied on you support?

I knew you the first time you came debating with

If you can remember, i told you that you came for a fight.

And here you are doing just that.
Lol
You talk randomly, so you do say anything. Go back there and bring out the fight I fought. And what do you call fighting here if not what you and your beloved Barristers are doing? No, I don't imagine you relied on my support. You just stand at the ringside of threads cheering anyone that appears to support a JW idea and insulting anyone who appears not to. For you, it's automatic. You have neither break nor common sense.

Your church joined UN as an NGO. Write a constructive paragraph either defending or rationalising that.

Your church has paid out millions to victims of child s.exual abuse. Write an argument on that.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 8:35pm On Aug 28, 2012
MyJoe:
You talk randomly, so you do say anything. Go back there and bring out the fight I fought. And what do you call fighting here if not what you and your beloved Barristers are doing? No, I don't imagine you relied on my support. You just stand at the ringside of threads cheering anyone that appears to support a JW idea and insulting anyone who appears not to. For you, it's automatic. You have neither break nor common sense.

Your church joined UN as an NGO. Write a constructive paragraph either defending or rationalising that.

Your church has paid out millions to victims of child s.exual abuse. Write an argument on that.

at least some people have the conscience to openly get behind a religion they feel are doing the right thing but you, you dont have the decorum of sticking.
your unstable ways cant let you to defend any/or belong to any

you will stick with any that suite your unstable ways even though it has nothing to do with the bible.

Just that it suite your way of life.

Dont worry, time will tell.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Maximus85(m): 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2012
truthislight:

guy, which question are you answering here?

Please,

reduce it to when there is a question for you to answer.

There have been misrepesentation from you on this thread.

And you have not been able to handle certain issues here.

I dont wish to see you as not being a JW.
Peace
Satan is here on this thread to make the Jws here go against each other but it wont work. Truelight, you were the first poster to insult on this thread. At that point i doubt if you are a jw. And if you are, you should know better that no matter how angry they make us, we must remain respectful in our teachings/preaching.
I intentinaly left some issues unattended to because they'll only lead to more arguments. Lets not allow satan here. They know the truth but they dont want to accept it. The Bible said that in this situation, we should let them be and we should go in search for those that are ready to listen and accept the truth. Being a Jw is not easy but its a sacrifice we must make. Jesus gave his life, so why can't we endure the hatred and insults?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 9:11pm On Aug 28, 2012
MyJoe: @Nimshi
1, 2 & 5. I guess we will disagree on that. But I suspect it’s our definitions of “dangerous” that differ. For example, I don’t go to bed worrying that my uncle and his entire family, or his married children and their entire families, will come to any danger as a result of being Witnesses. I am close to them and I believe they are fine. It is at this basic level that I am considering danger and asserting that the religion is not particularly dangerous. That is at the individual level. For societal danger, I don’t think any beliefs held by the JW pose any danger to the society the way some people’s beliefs have posed danger to babies across Africa. I cited the case of raped babies across Africa earlier. Now, I cited that case as an EXAMPLE of how BELIEFS HELD BY INDIVIDUALS can put a society in danger – nothing more. I still don’t get how you related it to the discussion about child abuse among the JW and concluded that I was sanitising the issue. There is a misunderstanding there, as the statement was not made in the context child abuse among the JW.

Your definition of danger probably differs and is more encompassing. Religious danger to me is Jim Jones and similar stuff. But for you, it’s probably temporary trauma resulting from disfellowshipping and shunning. For example, plaetton asserted in one thread that the religions pose a danger and should be ridiculed – or something like that. He cited the example of people who give 10% of their income to their churches even when their families are in dire financial straits. I think that is their choice and that is it. But that is not how plaetton sees it.

And, yeah, MyJoe’s familiarity with an issue does not impact on its level of danger. Ha.

Now about the new recruits you are concerned about. I agree many of them don’t fully realise what they are getting into. But if they did, what would change? You seriously think that telling someone who has just “found the truth” and has been subjected to the JW’s highly effective insulation techniques will give it up once you tell him that he is going to be disfellowshipped and shunned if he commits “fornication” or is sighted with a stick of cigarette? Or that she will listen when you walk up to her and “your religion is dangerous. You’ve been brainwashed?” You have mentioned that Watchtower invested money in arms and tobacco companies. That would cause outrage in normal people considering the dictates handed down on such matters to the rank and file, but have you seen anyone evince a slight angst here? A Witness reads all you have written here and he is happy that Witnesses are hated and persecuted just like Jesus said.

A couple of years or so back I saw your exchange with a new Witness recruit called Perrito4u. What reaction did you get from her? Once you start, she remembers all the talk about the fact people would try to discourage her and her faith in the religion (which has been sly substituted for God in her mind) is strengthened. She feels “vindicated”. She had been fortified for just the kind of things you were saying. Bear in mind that Perito4u was calm and had some capacity to follow arguments, even though she often gave pre-fabricated responses, unlike most of the ones in this thread who happen to represent the average JW who loses it once you display close knowledge of the church rather than stick to Trinity and heaven where they have verses lined up and love to, as you put it, “play ping pong”.

Look at the angry responses your comments have invited here. I know Witnesses tend to get angry once discussions take this turn. Still, there is no need to hand them just what the leadership of the church wants. The typical Witness reaction as seen here – disowning reason, refusing to consider anything unfamiliar or capable of showing the church in bad light, calling you the devil’s spawn, etc – can’t be prevented, considering what you are dealing with, but you can present your case in such a way that when any thinking person, including Witnesses, comes around he can relate to it. This reminds me of the words of Salvador that it takes a highly elevated spirit or intelligent mind to accept certain truths. I don’t take Witness hate sites seriously because of the manner they go about things. I have read Randy Waters and I think the sort of things he writes will hardly impress any sincere and active Witnesses. You’ve read Franz’s Crisis of Conscience or In Search of Christian Freedom? Now, that is how to present a case. I am not surprised that Randy Waters does not think much of Crisis of Conscience. If these acerbic methods work on anyone, I would be surprised and it would be an exceptional case.

Many new recruits are aware of these things and that has not stopped them. I seriously doubt anyone can “save” them. I’m not discouraging you, though. I may even be wrong. Just stating it the way I see it.

No, I don’t believe that Witnesses are in serious danger and I have a duty to safeguard them and help them get out. Even if they were in danger I doubt I can help them or that it’s a task I’d be hungry to undertake. All I do here is to point out inconsistencies and inaccuracies in arguments where I see them and have the inclination to do so. I then leave things at that. Well, that is all I try to do –opinionating is fine as long as it is not allowed to overshadow facts. I do the same with other faiths and religions since I treat them all alike. If my adult child or brother wants to become a JW, I would try to present facts in a non-judgemental manner and leave matters at that. At the end of the day, we all make our choices. But you do have a different approach – that is your prerogative.

3. Of course, I was talking about the balance of responsibility. Both the leadership and the rank and file are to blame for any folly, no doubt about that. I was making that post from a mobile phone and wasn’t explicating things sufficiently.

4. Ok. I was hearing it for the first time and have definitely read or heard it said that physical structures will not make it into “the new system”.

6. I can’t get the exact quotes right now, but I have a definite recollection of it. It was announced that these things done by some brothers had cost the church money as the society had had to make pay outs. This was at conventions throughout the US that year.

7. Well, that is sad. Anyway, it’s called “protecting the flock”. That individual had to “protect” himself from the danger posed by certain websites and books so he had to get clearance to read a book. Not following the society’s recommendations on the internet and on reading can lead him to leave the church – something worse than death. Why? Because “that is what the Society said!” I would personally not suggest such a book to a Witness or give him links to “anti-Witness” websites, though. Apart from the fact that I am generally respectful of people’s wishes, including those of people who have given up their fundamental right to read and meditate freely, there’s more than enough inside the church’s own publications for anyone who is prepared to pause, to think and to remember. The JW leadership is convicted by its own literature. I know the Watchtower Society’s censorship goes as far as its own publications as it routinely removes articles with the potential to do some damage from its own “comprehensive” library on CD ROMs. But there’s always enough left there.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 9:13pm On Aug 28, 2012
@myjoe

^^^^
what system and style of approach to deconvert new convert were you suggesting here to nimshi?

Have you seen your life?

"Yes, nimshi should not say things in such away that will end up fortifying the faith of the new JW cus he will say that he had been warn that he will be pesecuted!"

"That the anti JW web sight uses that style and it is not effective"

in other words he should be more subtle in his approach.

Who does such if not satan?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 9:41pm On Aug 28, 2012
Maximus85:
Satan is here on this thread to make the Jws here go against each other but it wont work. Truelight, you were the first poster to insult on this thread. At that point i doubt if you are a jw. And if you are, you should know better that no matter how angry they make us, we must remain respectful in our teachings/preaching.
I intentinaly left some issues unattended to because they'll only lead to more arguments. Lets not allow satan here. They know the truth but they dont want to accept it. The Bible said that in this situation, we should let them be and we should go in search for those that are ready to listen and accept the truth. Being a Jw is not easy but its a sacrifice we must make. Jesus gave his life, so why can't we endure the hatred and insults?

^^^^

Hmmm!

Time will tell.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 10:21pm On Aug 28, 2012
truthislight: @myjoe

^^^^
what system and style of approach to deconvert new convert were you suggesting here to nimshi?

Have you seen your life?

"Yes, nimshi should not say things in such away that will end up fortifying the faith of the new JW cus he will say that he had been warn that he will be pesecuted!"

"That the anti JW web sight uses that style and it is not effective"

in other words he should be more subtle in his approach.

Who does such if not satan?
I'm certain you closed your eyes where I explained I neither saw a dire need or duty nor had the inclination to change anyone's views. Never mind, since you have problems reading and understanding what it says.

Please highlight the portion of that post where I suggested a system and approach to Nimshi and implied it would help to de-convert anyone or where I said hate sites were not effective and at what.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 3:30am On Aug 29, 2012
MyJoe:
I'm certain you closed your eyes where I explained I neither saw a dire need or duty nor had the inclination to change anyone's views. Never mind, since you have problems reading and understanding what it says.

Please highlight the portion of that post where I suggested a system and approach to Nimshi and implied it would help to de-convert anyone or where I said hate sites were not effective and at what.

artful dodger.

Why not let the readers deduce that for themself?

Slippery guy.
Lol grin
MyJoe:

artful dodger.

Why not let the readers deduce that for themself?

Slippery guy.
Lol
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by firestar(f): 8:44am On Aug 29, 2012
Next question please...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by mkmyers45(m): 9:35am On Aug 29, 2012
firestar: Next question please...

Are you a JW?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by BARRISTERS: 4:03pm On Aug 29, 2012
1. On Monday October 8, 2001, Stephen Bates wrote an article in The Guardian of London exposing the membership as an associated NGO. Two days later, Watchtower’s applied to the UN to withdraw its membership. This withdrawal was done and is dated Tuesday October 9, 2001.

Who is stephen bates! a nobody, an opposer to jws, you expect him to surport the jws? never,and all his claims unfortunately lacks substances of sustantial proofs that can stand trial in a court of law as all those cook up concorted letters without a documents with watchtower's rep. signature would have been banished into the dustbin, the U.N could not provide 'any document with a WT signature' which would have been a primary and substantial proof, all other documents falls withing secondary proofs resting upon nothing, i dont know how people loved to rely on unsubstancial empty proofs that will not even pass into exhibits talkless of being knocked off during a cross examination!

lets go into what a primary documents that has got a higher recognition of WT looks like;

2. Access to UN Library was never at any time contingent upon any affiliation with the UN. There was no change requiring NGO's to become associated in order to gain a library card. There are hundreds of UN libraries worldwide and they can be accessed by anyone.

I believed what the Watchtower has said on this issue, because of their availability of primary proofs, lets see what they say;

“In any case, we had been using the library facilities at the UN for many years prior to 1991. In that year, our researcher was advised by UN personnel that it would be necessary to register as and NGO to have continued access to the various libraries we were using.”

note pls,
ordinarily to gain access into the library itself may not warrant being an N.G.O,but to gain 'full access to all facilities' expecially there are some facilities that were marked 'off limit' which exceeded minimum requirements allowed by the ordinary permit that may be granted,our reseacher was advised to go for a non political N.G.O.DPI(dept of information)

Brother Aulicino our researcher on many occasions was permitted to use the library facilities. However, on this occasion in 1991 he was told by a UN employee that he could not use a certain facility without a DPI NGO pass. Perhaps the employee was mistaken, or maybe the brother was trying to access an area containing ‘‘something now only for DPI NGO representatives’’ which was not like that before. He therefore requested an application for a DPI NGO pass.
[b]The application was completed and submitted with no signature.because signature was not even required [/b]A few months later in 1992, the DPI NGO status was granted.

3. The criteria for association with the UN did not change between 1991, when Watchtower joined, and 2001, when they withdrew.

Note: The original Guardian article, the withdrawal materials, e-mail exchanges between Bates and Watchtower, and a UN document stating that there has been no changes in its membership requirements, are all in the public domain. This unthinking duo can equally go ahead and deny or simply leave the issue and reach into the gutters for more abuses. But again, anyone can research further and make up their own minds. No, I am not leaving the issue, and Barristers is wont to think. He denies, I paste the stuff on here.

where are your primary proofs from the U.N that it does not change, give us one!other than those calculated fabrications from the opposers 'meant to tickle ears because thats what people wants to hear' ?
before then, lets have some clarity here;

what is DPI NGO?

pls note, There are two types of NGO'S here with the U.N,

(1)DPI,NGO; Just the way it was written DPI NGO; Non-govermental organization,..Dept of public imformations,
an application form that didn't even require a signature.
In the watchtower letter they correctly state:

“At the time of the initial application no signature was required on the form.”

We know this statement to be true, because we have copies of 1991 DPI NGO sign-up forms, and we notice a distinct lack of a place to put a signature (see the 1991 initial application far below). Bethel was not lying whatsoever, but showing how the “secret back-room deals” conspiracy theorists obviously do not know what they are talking about. These so called “secret back-room deals” amounted to completing a form to gain DPI passes which didn't even require a signature on this first application. It's incredible to think this, but we know it's true because we have the evidence.

primary substancial proofs of which UN or anybody has not provide a counter otherwise till date,

below are the certified true forms in 1991;

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by BARRISTERS: 4:09pm On Aug 29, 2012
The other NGO- meant to include political affiliation is this below,
(2) NGO-ECOSOG ; ECOSOG NGO =Economic and Social Council

consider the application that ECOSOC NGOs must complete (for consultative status). Their application, which the Watchtower Society never applied for;
includes an agreement to outright support the United Nations – with a signature required. If all NGOs, even those with the DPI, signed such an application and agreement, it should be easily found ? and yet no such thing exists for DPI NGOs.

The first page says:

Application for Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council

The last page says:

I/we declare that I/we have answered the questions contained in this form to the best of my/our knowledge.

I/we declare, that if granted consultative status, my/our organization will act in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations and ECOSOC resolution 1996/31.

The undersigned signature/es is/are duly authorized to sign this declaration.

[signature]

This is the form for organizations wishing to become ECOSOC NGOs, but no form with similar requirements existed for DPI NGOs when the Watchtower Society was involved.

This application can be found on the UN website at http://www.un.org/esa/coordination/ngo/ (then click on “Forms and documents” and then “Application in English”).
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by BARRISTERS: 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2012
After stating our belief and Neutrality,the U.N Officer actually reccommended
The Society proceeded to use that status for the next 10 years to assist in research articles, using the high quality — and highly authoritative — UN facilities.

Perhaps this statement has been said many times by the UN, the DPI, and its representatives when discussing the NGO relationship. This was even confirmed by information officer; Oleg Dzioubinski of the DPI.
One opposer called the UN’s DPI and talked to Mr. Dzioubinski in the hope of gathering information against the Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Unfortunately it back-fired. Part of his admitted conversation was as follows:

“Question: What is an NGO and how does it relate to the UN?
Answer: NGOs have no status and are not part of the UN.”

NGO DPI WAS QUITE DIFFERENT from ECOSEC

“After learning of the situation new requirements in 2001, our membership as NGO DPI was withdrawn and the ID card of the writer was returned.

Summary
DPI NGO status granted more than simple access to a main library.
Bethel's researcher evidently tried to access areas or facilities that were for DPI NGO representatives only.
In 1991 the application was a formality and not a guarantee of support for the UN or it's charter. It didn't even require a signature.
When the DPI NGO requirements changed and Bethel made aware of it, they withdrew the status and returned the DPI NGO passes.
The letters of explanation sent by Bethel are in full accord with the facts and paper-trail of evidence.

Attached here-in are the Application forms filled in 1991,which does not bear any 'political requirements' or signature sections.
of which UN has failed to counter watchtower and produce a signed proof otherwise.
Below is the accreditation yearly form that does not even include any payment but just renewal;

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by BARRISTERS: 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2012
Im having problem in re-sending this documents the way i receive them without resize. but i tried reducing it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by BARRISTERS: 4:40pm On Aug 29, 2012
@MyJoe

Myjoe;[b]For anyone reading, I have never entertained the notion of converting or "de-converting" Barristers, any member of the JW, or any member of any religion or faith group and I have never expressed such around here. [/b]But since Barristers claims I wrote something in a thread, he should be able to find the thread and the post and reclaim some credibility.[b]
Barristers

now that you have denied this below, go to page 5 of the other tread! see where you said it again!:
Here:

MyJoe: ''And I hope you tone down your attacks after this post. Speculate all you like about imaginary motives I have to denigrate your wonderful religion and de-convert you and your co-travellers, but if you come back at me in that manner I will assume a change of tone is in order. Have a nice day''.

Myjoe, you know that you can easily fall into what you accuse people of, and may i say that you should stop imposing your own reasoning skill on someone else! there is no way an objective reader will read what transpired above between us,without you programming the brain of such reader that you will not be laughed here!,
in a court you cant sustain the argument to convince a judge because you would have been commited to ''court pleadings'' bearing those statements.

i dont have anything against you but your attack of these jws is noteworthy,and i can say that arguing on their issues strenthens me a lot, i knew they may not like my way of some insults but icant help it, it comes authomatically, so i dont even trust mu next post, im not a jw yet, and thats it!

if you doubt that you are the right one in the statements that ensuied above, can we put it on another tread? and let people put their response and be our judge,later we count! because you cannot be your own judge, do you agree? let me know first!.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by djmummy: 10:33pm On Aug 29, 2012
Been reading thru this thread and I have to say...BEWARE OF APOSTATES...Jehovah's witnesses have a very thorough method of spreading the good news and that is door to door...that's what Jesus ordered that's what they follow.
On this forum MANY lies are spread
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by BARRISTERS: 12:15am On Aug 30, 2012
@djmummy

Been reading thru this thread and I have to say...BEWARE OF APOSTATES...Jehovah's witnesses have a very thorough method of spreading the good news and that is door to door...that's what Jesus ordered that's what they follow.
On this forum MANY lies are spread

yeah, Apostatates do not have two heads, only one! i've got their time! and let them come now!!!, thanks for your advice but im not going back! it must be a finished project, i 've got to kick some ass on this page as many time as possible!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by queenesthr(f): 11:20am On Aug 30, 2012
Hello Maximus85,

Just a quick question.
JW teaches that there is no hell fire. Where then does Satan/the Devil live?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by BARRISTERS: 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
@queenesthr
Just a quick question.

Revelation 12:7-12
New King James Version (NKJV)

7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them[a] in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”

from the bolded, i think you can descern where satan lives, definately not in the heavens again where souls of the dead are believed by some other christians that the hell was, as you can see,satan has been cast down along with his angels!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by queenesthr(f): 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2012
Wow! This is an eye opener.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2012
BARRISTERS: @queenesthr

Revelation 12:7-12
New King James Version (NKJV)

7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them[a] in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”

from the bolded, i think you can descern where satan lives, definately not in the heavens again where souls of the dead are believed by some other christians that the hell was, as you can see,satan has been cast down along with his angels!

I have to agree with you on this , plain scripture and yet many will form a theology of nonsense around these straightforward verses.

They will soon call me a JW cult supporter grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2012
queenesthr: Hello Maximus85,

Just a quick question.

Sorry for interrupting , but just to add my small and humble opinion , there is Hell Fire, but not in the way that many pentecostals describe it.

Hell Fire is a place of punishment and destruction of sinners at the end of this age.

"Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death." - Revelation 20:14
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2012
frosbel:

I have to agree with you on this , plain scripture and yet many will form a theology of nonsense around these straightforward verses.

They will soon call me a JW cult supporter grin

oladegbu has already called you that.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2012
frosbel:

Sorry for interrupting , but just to add my small and humble opinion , there is Hell Fire, but not in the way that many pentecostals describe it.

Hell Fire is a place of punishment and destruction of sinners at the end of this age.

"Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death." - Revelation 20:14

noted, "destruction"

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Biafra: Anambra Church Declares 40-Day Fasting / Names And Phrases You Know To Describe God / If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.