Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,218 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? (47690 Views)

You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! / Toilet Tissue Or Water. Which Is Right? / Tissue Paper Or Water: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:07am On Aug 14, 2012
enitan2002: I grew up in a family where water is used after using the toilet, I have found this to be more hygienic than using tissue paper (which I've also tried) but quickly reverted back. I even have the big bottle of EVA water kept at under my desk in the office which i use anytime i visit the toilet, I can't imagine my life using tissue, i will definitely be uncomfortable for the remaining part of the day.

An igbo colleague of mine in the office described to me also that he has been used to using the tissue, until so many years ago when his mother visited her friend which happened to be a yoruba woman, and had to make use of the toilet during her visit, she asked for tissue but she was told that it is only water they make use of, she had no option than to use it. The woman felt more refreshed and upon getting to her home, she had to throw away the tissue paper they had in the toilet and enforced the using of water.

Take the tally, it is very difficult and rare to see someone who has been used to water to fully embrace the use of tissue, but people who have been using tissue find it easier to switch over to water.

GBAM! ON POINT! JUST LISTEN TO THIS FINE LADY AND ALL WILL BE WELL! smiley
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:08am On Aug 14, 2012
Lordave: I asked a doctor and he said that they are all correct and hygienic. He also said that "water is to muslims, tissue is to christians, while cocoyam leaf and stone is to pagans". Is it true? Perhaps newspaper is to atheist.

u dey craze. i am Pagan and we use water. even Polynesians, Indians, Koreans and Japanese who are Pagan use water.

muslims use sand.
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:13am On Aug 14, 2012
stupor: This is the advisable SH.T Technique.

-Get a tissue.

-place your tissue in a clock-wise round manner on the top of the the WC seat mostly if its not a private bathroom.

-Ensure the open seat doesn't come in contact with your bum no matter how hot you may be,this are for sanitary reasons against toilet infections.

-Do your SH.T appropriately and take your time well as it may be the only chance you'll have for the rest of the day or even days.

-Get water and use it to wash and clean your bum directly but ensure its the lefthand that is used.

-Ensure you wash diligently your anus as it doesn't really hurt and no one seems to be watching you.

-Dispose your seating tissue in the WC and not the toilet wastebasket.

-Wash your hands with a disinfectant and detergent at the wash hand basin.

-Place your hands on the hands dryer,it automatically dries your wet hands.

-Spray an air deodorant,it keeps you fresh again.

Now that's how to do yourself a very good SH.T

THIS IS THE BEST PROCEDURE SO FAR!

however, points 1,2 & 3 are not really necessary if you are using the toilet in your own home and if you keep it clean.

the second last point is not necssary as well if @ home sice you can use a towel. the last point might be necessary but if you have a small fan-exhaust in the window, it works well. if you dont have, then fit one. it is very cheap. if you are using a bush toilet, then you dont need it because all the bad odour is swallowed up from the open roof by mother nature. . grin

always remember with regards to hands:

-use left hand (if you are left handed, use right hand. always the opposite of the hand used for daily work, eating, etc.)

-keep nails short. also prevents normal dirt from other daily chores to collect and cause you infection.

- use soap. in the past, sand. mud and/or leaves/leaf juices were used.
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:16am On Aug 14, 2012
Alhaji Pastor :
WHAT IF YOU HAVE TO POO LIKE 5 TIMES A DAY? IT HAPPENS TO ME ANY TIME I EAT JOLLOF RICE

then you are a rare case suffering from disease. either avoid jolof rice or you can follow my above steps where i mentoned you can skip the first 3 and last 2 steps.
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:33am On Aug 14, 2012
finally my brothers and sisters, dont feel disgusted by this topic. in my opinion, OP has raised a very important topic on Healthcare & Personal Hygeine. and we have seen all the truth spill out from different segments of Nigerian society. remember to use a lot of soap and dont be disgusted because shyt is just processed food and bile juice from yoour OWN body, so keep clean and keep the nails trimmed and ALWAYS use the opposite hand (in most cases, the left one).

you dont have to followthe west for everything. such things are learnt best from our ancestors and fellow tribespeople from the East who are clean.
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by fushia(m): 12:47am On Aug 14, 2012
~Royal~:
Water, In the House i Shower After

In Public, which i almost never do...But if i really had to, I carry Wet Sanitary Wipes

Only a Basic Simplistic Minded Neanderthal still uses Toilet Tissue ...You might as well just Wipe with your Hand.

I am pretty sure the People who still use Toilet Tissue also engage in the consumption of Four Legged Animals and Red Meat

Yuck.

Feeble Minded Savages.

I am pretty Sure KandiiKane Wipes her Azzz with her Hand and Smells her Fingertips Directly After and Get's Moist off her Own Aroma

Look at how Long she has been lurking in this thread. Post after Post, In a Thread such as this, Is exemplary forms of Self Perversion.

Lool!

I'm sure she likes getting you to lick her fingers after wiping her azz.
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by UyiIredia(m): 1:44am On Aug 14, 2012
I use water and In my opinion it beats tissue anytime.
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by Epalos: 3:17am On Aug 14, 2012
You are a pig if you don't use water after tissue, women need both at all times, except when you are out but with the wet wipes you can't go wrong, it just makes you feel good when you keep the sugar bowl clean for the dogg who might stop by for a lick.. cool
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by Epalos: 3:25am On Aug 14, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Don't mind the Nasty people.. Whoever thinks water can flushes microorganisms. Its not like they are even use a bucket or half. just a scoop of water and they do the magic. Take their filthy hands to pick their nose, shake you, jump on amala. The women wipe the hands on their wrapper and head to the kitchen. Nasty people. No wonder the queen wore gloves when she came to Nigeria. There is reason tissue paper was invented and there is a reason its tissue paper. you have to use it well or you bathe straightaway.
I wonder why they don't ask you to bring your tongue to clean it for them, think , think your tongue would have done a better job.
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by Epalos: 3:34am On Aug 14, 2012
Obiagu1:

It's one of the things that make Yorubas dirty. In a toilet, what equipment was designed for washing anus?
May everything that had brought you joy in the past from now on turn to sadness, from this moment on may joy and happiness continue to elude you till the day you leave this world Aseeeoooooo.
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by Epalos: 3:37am On Aug 14, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
^^^^^that is the cleanest. but why use tissue anyways it is waste of paper and trees and also it is not required since you are using water anyways. . undecided
So that your hand will not touch p.o.o.p.
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by Epalos: 3:41am On Aug 14, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

it is processed food and its from your own body, not someone elses. undecided
and you are going to wash it anyways.

anyways to combat this here in uk,i have installed a small shower i got inspiration from the Indian & Japanese models also known as a bidet.

note: the picture below is not my toilet but from google images and just for demonstraton: grin
You have to use paper first, there is no way around it.
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by Epalos: 3:50am On Aug 14, 2012
Obiagu1:

Where do you wash it? No one has answered me, what toilet equipment was designed for washing of anus?
Its called a water bottle, fill it each time you visit with warm water after no 1 or 2. a 40oz bottle is all you need ln your bath.
Paper-water-paper in that order.
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by Epalos: 3:58am On Aug 14, 2012
DICKtator: Please you guys need to be fast and reach a consensus. I just took a dump and I still don't know which is more suitable to use!.
My anus is waiting to be cleaned and I need to pick one real quick!!!.

P.S: why are all these flies surrounding me? Is there are party about to go down?
grin grin grin grin
Call obiagu to come and lick it off .
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by Epalos: 4:23am On Aug 14, 2012
duality: my question is

how do you guys use water? dipping your fingers into your anus? having a wet butt and legs? and leading to a wet trouser? and without messing up the floor?
maybe someone should educate me on how its done maybe with a vdieo.
Even if you are shown, you may still not care about it, things like this come naturally, first of of all if you believe that cleanliness is next to holiness, you can't do anything spiritual after releasing any kind of body fluid, I am saying this as a Christian born but fully in to spirituality. Once you are into it , its a breeze, when you wake up from sleep in the middle of the night still half asleep you will still do it cost its become part of you. I leave very hot water in the bottle so that I won't have to spend time filling it up.
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by Epalos: 4:34am On Aug 14, 2012
Mr. Globe:

lol... I tire for these people, no wonder it's coming from a particular tribe associated with dirtiness. I use my white soft tissue paper till its white as it originally is that's if am not in my house. when am home, I still use my tissue and bathe afterwards. I can't even stand the thought of digging azz in the name of washing. So unhygienic. they wont even dry their hands after that. next amala, shaking, nose picking. Nasty!
liar, I doubt it you do remember to wipe your but in anyway cost you have to hurry up to come and bash Yoruba.
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by Epalos: 4:39am On Aug 14, 2012
Obiagu1: This is why Yorubas and Hausas stink!
Nigeria must be divided cause I can't stand their mess angry
Start by moving to your forest.
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by Epalos: 5:11am On Aug 14, 2012
Ghanians use paper and sticks, I mean writing paper and burn them first thing in the morning.
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by secnelly: 8:21am On Aug 14, 2012
Lordave: None of the above. Use Newspaper or cocoyam leaf.

bamboo leaves too. grin grin
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by unikbabe: 8:30am On Aug 14, 2012
I wuld prefer water if its available.bt tissue keeps u dry.
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by eghost247(m): 8:35am On Aug 14, 2012
wipe with toilet paper and then use water
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by Morgan1092(m): 8:39am On Aug 14, 2012
Silly topic@OP. Use concrete block or drag ur nyash against a wall. Mtchewww
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 14, 2012
fushia:

Lool!

I'm sure she likes [/b]getting [b]you to lick her fingers after wiping her azz.

Why lick Your Fingers, when i can just Go Straight to Putting my Tongue inside your Azzz

Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 14, 2012
water is more hygienic .....the reason is after u used the paper can u put your hand in your azz and lick it or say it's clean? undecided i don't think so it will always smell bad and your azz will remain dirty until you take a shower cry undecided ....however i do use paper cause it's how i have been raised...but it remind me a movie where the guy showered when after "shiting" ....people can do it but i doubt u could do it in a public place.tho i never go to toilet in public space to poo only to pee. ( the movie was american pie 8hole i guess) grin grin
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by donbuchi1(m): 10:31am On Aug 14, 2012
Both start with tissue and then water for proper cleaning
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by fushia(m): 11:04am On Aug 14, 2012
~Royal~:

Why lick Your Fingers, when i can just Go Straight to Putting my Tongue inside your Azzz

You want to lick a man's azz?

Did you take your pills today?

Shh
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by chikaor(f): 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
wether Tissue,newspaper. Water. Cocoyam leaf or pieces of cloth all folow provided it dos d cleaning. Bt to me i prefer d tissue paper
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
chikaor: wether Tissue,newspaper. Water. Cocoyam leaf or pieces of cloth all folow provided it dos d cleaning. Bt to me i prefer d tissue paper

The stench of your pu.ss.y will be indescribable shocked
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by tunene: 2:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
I prefer tissue, water, then tissue again. The first tissue makes sure it doesn't stain my hand, the water cleans the place properly, and then tissue again to dry the water from the place to avoid a wet underwear. Then wash my hands and leave.
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:25pm On Aug 14, 2012
Epalos:
So that your hand will not touch p.o.o.p.

isnt it your OWN p.o.o.p from your OWN stomach its not like you are going to put it i your mouth. it is just to make sure everything is gone and to aid the water. you then wash your hands anyways. and didnt you hear what other posters said? when you use tissue paper, your hand still comes in contact many a times with the stuff so there is no point in kidding ursef. undecided
Re: Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? by eltido(m): 8:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
jamp: Hello house.
I want to which one is more hygenic as I see some educated people using water after toilet. There is dis man in lagos with all his education n money u can not see tissue in his house.

So house I need answer
k dis is a 4ni topic..water has always bin d best..beter stil mak sure u du both bathin' nd d other1 2geda 4 best result

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours / School Girl Loses Finger To Lizard Droppings Concoction (photo) / Slayqueen Creates A Scene While Trying To Receive An Injection (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.