Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,347 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Akatas On Nairaland - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Akatas On Nairaland (40350 Views)

Are Black Africans (Nigerians) And Africans In America (Akatas) Really Different / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by fushia(m): 4:40am On Aug 14, 2012
Mzdarkskin, nigerian pidgin is an offshoot of the krio taken to nigeria by the yorubas, not the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Ybutterfly: 4:42am On Aug 14, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^THE NAIJA VS AKATA & JAMO FIGHT IS PICKING UP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 4:46am On Aug 14, 2012
Awwww damn what did I missed?

I see we got some new blood in here......come to Momma.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by vodkat: 4:52am On Aug 14, 2012
Not every thing u read is going to be the truth it's just someones perspective. There is no 1 person that knows the whole of " African" history because there are tens of thousands of tribes. Even only in Nigeria there are 250 different languages so the culture is so diverse. Just like me saying I know more about America than u even if I read all d books written on America it's never going to be like first hand knowledge. People who wrote the books had first hand knowledge been there in person and also living there
For a couple of yrs.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 4:52am On Aug 14, 2012
TerryCarr: just because you were born in Africa(Nigeria) does not mean you know about other African nations and ethnic groups and does not mean there are people not from Africa who do not know more then you. what does a Nigerian know about Algeria or Comoros that's like a American from New jersey saying he knows every thing about New jersey or America just because he was born there. i live in new york(not the city) but i know there are people who are not from here who know about NY more than me smiley

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Standing ovation!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 4:56am On Aug 14, 2012
sambos994:

Ah man. That game scarred me for life....well you can't blame them.

LOL! It was pretty bad. I actually felt sympathy for the Nigerian team. They took that a88 whooping like men though. AA's don't play! We will open up a can of whoop a88 *wink* J/K...
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by vodkat: 5:02am On Aug 14, 2012
Just keep believing every thing u read just like u brleive Christopher colubus discovered America. As if ppl where not there b4 he came there.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by vodkat: 5:04am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

LOL! It was pretty bad. I actually felt sympathy for the Nigerian team. They took that a88 whooping like men though. AA's don't play! We will open up a can of whoop a88 *wink* J/K...
basketball is not our game how many kids play basketball I never played we play football. Let's meet in football and we promise u an ass banging

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 5:06am On Aug 14, 2012
TerryCarr: just because you were born in Africa(Nigeria) does not mean you know about other African nations and ethnic groups and does not mean there are people not from Africa who do not know more then you. what does a Nigerian know about Algeria or Comoros that's like a American from New jersey saying he knows every thing about New jersey or America just because he was born there. i live in new york(not the city) but i know there are people who are not from here who know about NY more than me smiley

Most I repeat myself, I'm a Fulani, we are the most widespread group in West Africa, I am pretty sure I know more about West Africa than 99.9% of Americans we are nomads
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by odumchi: 5:06am On Aug 14, 2012
fushia: Mzdarkskin, nigerian pidgin is an offshoot of the krio taken to nigeria by the yorubas, not the other way round.

Could you elaborate on this? I'm interested.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 5:06am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

Ooohhhhh, I'm so skurred of you big black Nigerian man LOL! How exactly are you going to make me shut up? *drums fingers and waits*

Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by vodkat: 5:07am On Aug 14, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Lmao
sheepish mrs chime u need some hot sperm in your ______.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 5:08am On Aug 14, 2012
vodkat: basketball is not our game how many kids play basketball I never played we play football. Let's meet in football and we promise u an ass banging

No way dude! We got football on lock. You guys could not win. Maybe in Soccer but definitely not football LOL!

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 5:08am On Aug 14, 2012
vodkat: Propaganda and this sheepish mrs chima follow follow saying know more about Africa just like mungo park wrote that he discovered river Niger meanwhile people were fishing there b4 he was born

Don't mind them Americans are too arrogant, I have been in America for some time now for studies and all I can do is laugh at their naivety. They think the world is America, and they think what applies to America must apply to Africa.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 5:09am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

No way dude! We got football on lock. You guys could not win. Maybe in Soccer but definitely not football LOL!

I wish there was a facepalm icon this is typical Americanism right here, fyi Soccer is called football in every part of the world EXCEPT aMERICA
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 5:11am On Aug 14, 2012
Fulaman198:

Don't mind them Americans are too arrogant, I have been in America for some time now for studies and all I can do is laugh at their naivety. They think the world is America, and they think what applies to America must apply to Africa.

See, there you go generalizing. Stop it.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by vodkat: 5:12am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

I dont y u call that sport which should be called American rugby. Football is played with the leg and not hands that y it's Foot- ball . Pretty basic English or wat language is it ur speaking
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by odumchi: 5:13am On Aug 14, 2012
Football being called soccer.

Here you go Fulaman grin

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 5:13am On Aug 14, 2012
Fulaman198:

I wish there was a facepalm icon this is typical Americanism right here, fyi Soccer is called football in every part of the world EXCEPT aMERICA

Ummm, the football conversation was between A and B. Didn't nobody ask C to add his 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Ybutterfly: 5:14am On Aug 14, 2012
sweetroyalty:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^HE IS NOT TALKING ABOUT THE NFL^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^LOOOOOL^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Ybutterfly: 5:14am On Aug 14, 2012
odumchi: Football being called soccer.

Here you go Fulaman grin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^LOL^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 5:15am On Aug 14, 2012
vodkat: I dont y u call that sport which should be called American rugby. Football is played with the leg and not hands that y it's Foot- ball . Pretty basic English or wat language is it ur speaking

Well geez, I don't know why we call it that either. They named it that before I was born, so I have to go with it LOL!
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 5:15am On Aug 14, 2012

Here you go Fulaman grin

Thank you
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Ybutterfly: 5:15am On Aug 14, 2012
vodkat: I dont y u call that sport which should be called American rugby. Football is played with the leg and not hands that y it's Foot- ball . Pretty basic English or wat language is it ur speaking

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sweetroyalty(f): 5:17am On Aug 14, 2012

Here you go Fulaman grin

[img]http://itrainthereforeieat.files./2012/06/eyeroll.gif[/img]
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 5:17am On Aug 14, 2012
anonymous6:

Whatever, I didnt just attract the messed up ones or good ones, it just happen I met who I met. I dont go around disrespecting people so whatever you are trying to imply keep it to yourself; I already told naijaircan earlier I have met good and bad ones. Dont insult me, I dont know you and you dont know me.

It is not obligatory that you respond to me

You told on yourself trick. Dont get mad.
Lmao@you dont know me.......I aint missing shit.
Truth is hurting ya. Buhahahahababahhaha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (34)

Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival / Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? / The Ooni Of Ife Wearing The Aare Crown As He Parades The Ancient Ife Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.