Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,500 members, 7,812,544 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

How Can We Move On After All The Lies? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can We Move On After All The Lies? (998 Views)

SEX DURING Menstruation…..the Lies They Tell You Uncovered / Women And The Lies Of 25yrs Of Age? / The Lies Of The "No Sex Before Marriage" Deals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can We Move On After All The Lies? by shegzy(m): 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2007
I met a girl online some years ago and we chat for quite sometime,Talking about stuffs, usual love per-se. I lied to her about my worths academically, family and some other usual stuffs about myself, trying to claim a big guy thou i am a big boy. I dont belive people are real about themselves online, mostly about their personality so i took it all as fun. Now weare in love and it's hard to change those lies i told her when we met and i don't want to tell her i lied about myself in the past. Should i forget about her or still stay with and let the lies be. Please tell what to do .
Re: How Can We Move On After All The Lies? by IykeD(m): 11:56pm On Dec 21, 2007
Brother i suggest you tell her the truth now no matter the consequences(which i know is hard to do), but if you can't then, let the lies continue.
Re: How Can We Move On After All The Lies? by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 22, 2007
simple.forget the lies.i guess she is now born again grin
Re: How Can We Move On After All The Lies? by iice(f): 1:26am On Dec 23, 2007
Tell her the truth. . .lies have a way of snowballing. . .or worse, your energy and time will be taken up, just trying to cover your tracks and keep them cover. . .if you have that time and energy. . .na u know
Re: How Can We Move On After All The Lies? by Nobody: 1:55am On Dec 23, 2007
It's better for you to spell out the truth once and for all because someday you and your girl might be in the company of people that know you from day one. You don't want to be in a position where you have to explain your lies to your girl (to make matters worse) in front of outsiders. Since you said you're in love, then she "might" (depending on the dexterity of the lies) forgive you, unless she's loves you because of the web of lies you spun, then she would no doubt leave you grin.
If you don't want to tell her you lied, it's best you leave her alone. If she asks why, tell her you are a liar grin. I think she would pity your sorry state and may even forgive you.
Re: How Can We Move On After All The Lies? by almondjoy(f): 5:57am On Dec 23, 2007
You try if you think the relationship is worth salvaging.  You just learn to forgive what you can't forget or you can and try to forget what you can't forgive.  If you love that person--you will definitely find a way.  If it becomes a habit--then you are screwed, while you hope for a cure.

Life goes on!
Re: How Can We Move On After All The Lies? by 2dye4(m): 7:16am On Dec 23, 2007
a little lie is like a baby elephant and with time can become a mammoth! love has the power to heal and change alot than we can imagine. i suggest u make ur burden lite and tell her the truth, remember there's nothing new under the sun!
Re: How Can We Move On After All The Lies? by tj4ever(m): 1:48pm On Dec 23, 2007
Get the truth out. If she can take it then its meant to be. If she doesnt, then life goes on. But you never can build anything meaningful on a foundation of lies.
Re: How Can We Move On After All The Lies? by ogrebuga(m): 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2007
Tell her the truth. Even if she leaves you, there's always hope for your 'love', but if she finds out herself, it'll be GAME OVER.
Re: How Can We Move On After All The Lies? by 9star(m): 3:49pm On Dec 23, 2007
iice:

Tell her the truth. . .lies have a way of snowballing. . .or worse, your energy and time will be taken up, just trying to cover your tracks and keep them cover. . .if you have that time and energy. . .na u know

Am in love wit u iice,
Re: How Can We Move On After All The Lies? by ndumart: 3:58pm On Dec 23, 2007
Let her know the truth about u tell her now than later.It may be difficult for her to trust u wen she gets to find out later on.
Re: How Can We Move On After All The Lies? by uf4oma(f): 7:37pm On Dec 23, 2007
Why do people lie about themselves online? Lying to someone you don't even know? How can you build a friendship that way? Even when you tell her the truth, you are still going to try to live up to the preconceived notions that you had built up in her mind and she will always doubt your honesty. Besides, she fell in love with the person you pretended to be, so when you come out to tell her whom you really are, you are actually going to be a total stranger. How can she carry on with such a person who attempted to deceive her in the first place? Next time just be yourself, that way, you won't have to be undoing any lies. If you think there's anything worth salvaging like someone said, then tell her the truth. But if I was in her shoes, that would be the end of the friendship.
Re: How Can We Move On After All The Lies? by angelchi(f): 7:45pm On Dec 23, 2007
save ur self d trouble n jus tell her d truth,yes it will hurt bt, its better.
Re: How Can We Move On After All The Lies? by tpia6: 1:30am On Jan 30, 2011
Re: How Can We Move On After All The Lies? by freedomfro(f): 4:27am On Jan 30, 2011
Tell her the truth and tell her your reason for lying. be sincere, and promse on something you love that you wont lie again, it'll hurt, and you'll have to work your ass off to build her trust, but if she's worth it, you can do it.
Re: How Can We Move On After All The Lies? by 677ano(m): 4:44am On Jan 30, 2011
why would you want to lie when you will eventually be caught out

(1) (Reply)

Am I Hurting Him? / Worst Kissers? / Who Can Answer This Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.