Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates (121808 Views)

Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates / Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID / PRESSID Scholarship; List Of Successful Candidates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by SilENSE: 9:57pm On Sep 12, 2012
pearlAdams: Nice work Mr silenc n odas who commented. Let's act on dis pls, while some of us who r articulate add or put some touches to d piece we already hav, someone wit direct link to any of d Media shuld let's us knw let's get dis done 2maro. Can u post dos hotlines here let's call d hell out of thos fones 2maro til som1 say somtin or get to som1 who can say somtin.

Hey pearlAdams, thanks for your comment. Yes, d additions should be made while the media should be contacted this evening for it to feature tomorrow.

I just stumbled on some contact numbers on this link (http://www.nuc.edu.ng/pages/pages.asp?id=18) although I've not tried any cos it's late already.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by alikwaghe01: 10:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
Calling them will not solve any problem. As you can't get in touch with the "OGAS". Peaceful demonstration is the solution. I'll personally lead the team. I'm not far away from Abuja. The issue of first class holders being under-employed or unemployed is a matter very close to my heart.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by SilENSE: 10:27pm On Sep 12, 2012
alikwaghe01: Calling them will not solve any problem. As you can't get in touch with the "OGAS". Peaceful demonstration is the solution. I'll personally lead the team. I'm not far away from Abuja. The issue of first class holders being under-employed or unemployed is a matter very close to my heart.

I agree with u (alikwaghe01) that it would be almost impossible to get in touch with the top officials through such line. Peaceful demonstration might be good but it would involve people gathering physically at a location which would be difficult in this case given that parties involved are scattered all over the country. I still think getting the media involved might be the most workable means to get them to make a statement on the scheme - whether it is botched or not.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nkematics(m): 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
There are some things I observed about this scholarship and I just hope NUC and FG should already have put them into consideration

1) If we have read any article relating to the President's announcement to start this scholarship, we would observe that the 100 candidates are expected to start their courses this year and not next year. You all can agree with me that schools in USA,for instance,stopped accepting applications for 2012/2013 academic session since December 2011. If that is the case,how are NUC and FME going to get admission for any of the candidates who intend to study in USA?

2) The President stated that more funds will be made available for the scholarship by next year,and according to Prof Okojie, the number of candidates will increase from 100 to 500. If that is the case,admissions for next year (2013/2014 academic session) in USA and UK universities start this year with December 2012 as the deadline for US schools. It is expected,then,that aptitude test for selection of these 500 candidates should start this year so that admissions could be secured for them. When the FG releases the funds for next year,they would then proceed with their studies which should commence next year.

3) If NUC and FME fail to secure admission for some of the 100 scholarship recipients this year, what will they do? Will they just send few and leave the rest?

4) If it would be possible for them(NUC...) to actually secure admission for the lucky 100,when do they intend to select the 500 candidates for next year's? My statement in (2) above requires that it be done this year.

Conclusion: FG and NUC should select the 449 candidates that wrote the aptitude test this year,secure admission for the number which will commensurate with the funds made available for this year,send the rest --perhaps the remaining 349-- next year,find a way select 151 other first class candidates to make the number up to 500,........

What do you guys think?

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by truz(f): 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
gzendo: Nice contributions and comments guys. Firstly, I must state at this point that no actions aimed at rubbishing the credibility of the NUC, FG etc is intended, or should be encouraged. I only emphasised that being kept in the dark is not fair at all. They may be making very positive efforts and working tirelssly to make the scheme work, against odds, in the nation's interest and we are unaware of this. So jumping into conclusions that they are dubious and dishonest at this point could be quite hasty. I mentioned the press to help us get the right answers directly from the concerned sources, and nothing else. The write-up is brilliant and I salute the writer, few people even in the writing business can write this well, trust me - articulate and elaborate. I hail you sir. My contribution is that it should be toned down a little. Credit should be given to FG for initiating the scheme in the first place. It was non-existent before now, and FG even hopes to make the funding a part of the national budget by next year. Commendable. The article, in the tone it has been written, would be very suitable in later stages, when it must have become obvious that there is no sincerity. God forbid that such a stage should be reached anyway. It could also be that the NUC is done with her own part of the assignment for now, waiting for the FG, like someone pointed out, we do not know. So for now, there is need to be diplomatic and polite enough. The aim for now should be getting quality information on the status of the scheme. Some persons seem to have direct contact and communication with the committee members. They could also help in milking out some information for us. I understand with everyone on this forum anyways. The situation aroused our curiousities and so we have this in our hands. Have a good day guys. All will be well at the end, trust me.

I agree with you. I think we should all wait patiently for the final result and give FG a chance to finish the good work they have started. I believe they are aware that most schools have resumed already. Let's still give them some time to finish what they have started. If after the long wait, it becomes obvious that corruption affected the final result, then we can make our grievances known. It's also good to remember that this is the "maiden edition" of this scholarship....

I checked NUC's website a moment ago, and saw a little change reflecting some old PRESSID information. So I believe they still have us and the scholarship at the back of their minds.

I want to encourage everyone still waiting for PRESSID to hold on, all hope is not lost yet. smiley
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by truz(f): 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2012
Nkematics: There are some things I observed about this scholarship and I just hope NUC and FG should already have put them into consideration

1) If we have read any article relating to the President's announcement to start this scholarship, we would observe that the 100 candidates are expected to start their courses this year and not next year. You all can agree with me that schools in USA,for instance,stopped accepting applications for 2012/2013 academic session since December 2011. If that is the case,how are NUC and FME going to get admission for any of the candidates who intend to study in USA?

2) The President stated that more funds will be made available for the scholarship by next year,and according to Prof Okojie, the number of candidates will increase from 100 to 500. If that is the case,admissions for next year (2013/2014 academic session) in USA and UK universities start this year with December 2012 as the deadline for US schools. It is expected,then,that aptitude test for selection of these 500 candidates should start this year so that admissions could be secured for them. When the FG releases the funds for next year,they would then proceed with their studies which should commence next year.

3) If NUC and FME fail to secure admission for some of the 100 scholarship recipients this year, what will they do? Will they just send few and leave the rest?

4) If it would be possible for them(NUC...) to actually secure admission for the lucky 100,when do they intend to select the 500 candidates for next year's? My statement in (2) above requires that it be done this year.

Conclusion: FG and NUC should select the 449 candidates that wrote the aptitude test this year,secure admission for the number which will commensurate with the funds made available for this year,send the rest --perhaps the remaining 349-- next year,find a way select 151 other first class candidates to make the number up to 500,........

What do you guys think?

Nice one, but I think First Class Graduates who know about the PRESSID scholarship (and are interested) should apply for admission by themselves this year, with the hope that they will get the scholarship next year. It's not right for everything to be pushed to FG and NUC (even though they have their parts to play).
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nkematics(m): 1:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
truz:

Nice one, but I think First Class Graduates who know about the PRESSID scholarship (and are interested) should apply for admission by themselves this year, with the hope that they will get the scholarship next year. It's not right for everything to be pushed to FG and NUC (even though they have their parts to play).

I think we should be sure of the FG's willingness to sponsor us before we can apply for admission....especially in US schools. Unlike UK universities where no application fee is required and applications are done 100% online, US schools collect 100 dollars or more as application fee,require that one write GRE (and registering fee for GRE should be as much as 200 dollars or more). Moreover,part of the application is done online while the rest is printed,manually filled and then sent through courier services such as DHL. You can agree with me that another $100 or more will be required to send it. My opinion is this: spending nearly 500 dollars or more to secure admission in a school when one isn't even sure of receiving scholarship from FG or other source of fund would be a waste of resources. Most of us here aren't from well-to do families.
Apart from this,I agree with you that we should help NUC to secure admission by ourselves, especially if the schools are in UK. For US schools,it would be wise to have a source of funding.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 2:13pm On Sep 13, 2012
In as much as am a very optimistic person, it is already obvious that somethings r nt going well wit d scheme. Yes we should b thankful for PressId in d first place, and I tink I am. But I also feel we have rights to know what's going on abt d whole tin. Nigeria is not a place to trust a scheme just because Mr. President announced it on Democracy Day. Should we wait 4 d entire scheme to fail b4 we get someone to talk to us? Maybe, maybe not....
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 3:00pm On Sep 13, 2012
@All that sent mails to me, requesting for the toefl material....Please, check your e-mails and attached to the mail I sent, is the material.
Once again, sorry for the delay.....I wish you all the very best in ur future pursuits.......
As regard PRESSID.... I don`t even know what to say again....or should I just still say.....BE PATIENT.....WHAT WILL BE, WILL BE....IT IS WELL..
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2012
@Truz, I can observe the little changes on NUC website too.....Lets hope the change is communicating to us that we`re not forgotten...
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by RichboyKay: 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2012
Mhen...Woa...In looking at all your posts and contributions on this thread, all i can say is God bless Nigeria!!!. Information reaching my hand now says that the delay is coming from the presidency...i learned he just came in to the country...you definitely won't expect him to attend to anything while his wife is sick. The list has yet been re-submitted to the presidency and is awaiting his approval.. i guess the prayers we all should be praying is that nothing finally happens to the first lady and that she recovers fully on time if not...i don't know the fate of the PRESSID delay being resolved on time. But kudos to all who have made this thread come this far...But i advice - Do not by any means tie your hopes to this PRESSID, still lookout for other opportunities, jobs and the likes, maybe, in this written PRESSID it is not yet God's time for some and it may not even be by PRESSID for others. Do not missout on what God has for you by putting your life on hold because of this scholarship. Go ahead apply for all things applicable, u never can tell what God has for you...

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by olusuccess2012: 7:06pm On Sep 13, 2012
Let's just continue to pray that nothing bad happens to Mrs Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by dualprince: 9:18pm On Sep 13, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] where's Mr PhatIon?? Lol
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 12:40am On Sep 14, 2012
dualprince: [color=#000099][/color] where's Mr PhatIon?? Lol

Mr Dualprince: I still check here daily. but I've been silent about the recent issues raised, my silence can mean three things, it can mean that:
1. I agree and have nothing to add to the discussion
2. I don't agree, but don't want to express a contrary opinion to discourage the idea or affect the discussion negatively
3. I'm neutral, I don't have an opinion or I'm not against and also not in support of the idea and would just let it pass.
People have made great comments so far & I would have talked if I wanted to express an opinion about any of the comments, but I decided not to express an opinion (expressing an opinion that one has is really about CHOICE). I REALLY DON'T BELIEVE IN TALKING JUST TO SAY "SOMETHING", RATHER, I BELIEVE IN TALKING WHEN I HAVE "SOMETHING" TO SAY. I'm quite satisfied that people here have been expressing their minds so far & "brainstorming" on new ideas and raising up new cognate issues and helping me to see things from many different angles. I thank you all. May God continue to help us and do the best for each & everyone of us (amen) smiley
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by zzaacx: 7:19am On Sep 14, 2012
If I get this Jonathan scholarship, i no go insult Jonathan or his policies till after i done finish my program... lol...

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nanaiky(f): 2:11am On Sep 15, 2012
good morning all,.....can anyone in the house applying for the commonwealth scholarship avail me the closing date for the nominating agency in Nigeria (federal scholarship board, Abuja? will appreciate a response plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 8:10am On Sep 15, 2012
Nanaiky: good morning all,.....can anyone in the house applying for the commonwealth scholarship avail me the closing date for the nominating agency in Nigeria (federal scholarship board, Abuja? will appreciate a response plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
UNN is November 7th. So FSB shld be around dat date too if not before. So just apply ASAP
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nanaiky(f): 9:38am On Sep 15, 2012
Tnx ij....well appreciated.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by zzaacx: 7:35am On Sep 17, 2012
hey... where do I apply for the commonwealth scholarship... thanks
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 9:02am On Sep 17, 2012
"Be determined to handle any challenge in a way that will make you grow."-Les Brown

...GOOD MORNING TO YOU ALL... MAY WE ALL HAVE A BLESSED WEEK (AMEN) grin smiley
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by zzaacx: 12:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
NUC..... why.. why.. cabals no wan release the list....
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Shynstee: 4:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
Nkematics: There are some things I observed about this scholarship and I just hope NUC and FG should already have put them into consideration

What do you guys think?
The way they rushed us, I thought that one week after d aptitude test, the names will be out cos they did every other thing under one week (application ended on d 30th of July, on d 6th of August d shortlisted names for the aptitude test were out, one week later the test was written...). A month after the test we are still waiting for the main thing.it is well o!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by zzaacx: 6:28am On Sep 20, 2012
nuc has killed the morals of this forum.....

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nanaiky(f): 11:36am On Sep 20, 2012
I guess evri1 hs moved on but still anticipating the outcome of this pressid stuff.....to all d ladies in the house ,...u can also chk the women's scholarship by schlumbeger faculty of the future 2012...sorry i didnt include the website,....pls google it....all the best.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Pat98: 6:51pm On Sep 20, 2012
The results are here peeps..
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by kennyone: 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2012
Only God know their criteria. I scored 64 and didn't make it while someone who scored 65 made it. Congrats to pearladams and ijanarado. Saw your names there.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2012
Am not just happy wit this forumites wat re we doing here !instead of us to write an article on debilitating state of things! And publish it on guardian newspaper u all re here posting irrelevant Tinz ,dem I so need an activist
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ibkgbocco: 8:14pm On Sep 20, 2012
Where did U̶̲̥̅̊ see d list ?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by kennyone: 8:24pm On Sep 20, 2012
ibkgbocco: Where did U̶̲̥̅̊ see d list ?
Check the NUC website.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by truz(f): 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2012
Congrats to all those who were shortlisted.

To those who weren't shortlisted, don't give up. Greater days are ahead!
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by logbon72: 8:46pm On Sep 20, 2012
Hey guys, I made it too. I scored 65, I really thank God for this.

For those who didn't make it, God will make a way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (44) (Reply)

Direct Entry Admission 2015 / UNIOSUN Lecturer Sends Female Student Out Of Class For Indecent Dressing / Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.