Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates (121878 Views)

Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates / Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID / PRESSID Scholarship; List Of Successful Candidates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 10:27pm On Sep 20, 2012
Nw I reali feel lik cryin...wish we all were selected cos am so used to every in dis forum already, learnt a lot dis few dayz frm most of u. @kennyone n dos who didn't make it, I knw ther's somtin beta out ther 4 u, n pressid lives on...u guys r too loaded to b stranded. God knws best n has beta plans 4 y'all. Missin dis forum already

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 11:15pm On Sep 20, 2012
Kai.. Thank God it's all ova. Pls D̶̲̥̅̊ Forum shldnt die. Letts keep it alive. Congrats to those who made it. To others, better deals are coming

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 11:28pm On Sep 20, 2012
...I made the list... All glory be to God (it came as a big surprise to me), it obviously shows that the selection was done based on the number required from each of the areas of specialization & quite harsh on some high scorers in engineering (for example) who had to compete with other high scorers in their field to make the list. I feel the pain of whoever didn't make the list. Congrats to all those who made the list as well, but I still maintain my stand that the 449 of us is not too much for the FG to sponsor & I hope for the best for us all. But, I have an issue o. I don't have an admission yet as NUC didn't specifically state that we should apply before the list is released (basically because I like taking to instructions, but that has obviously boomeranged in this case). Do you know any university in the UK whose admission is still open? Can one now apply to a school different from the one that one chose on the application form? I learnt a lot from you all during this memorable time we had together here. I love you all. Thank you all. MAY GOD BLESS US ALL AND DO THE BEST FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF US (AMEN)
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by SilENSE: 12:30am On Sep 21, 2012
PhatIon: ...I made the list... All glory be to God (it came as a big surprise to me), it obviously shows that the selection was done based on the number required from each of the areas of specialization & quite harsh on some high scorers in engineering (for example) who had to compete with other high scorers in their field to make the list. I feel the pain of whoever didn't make the list. Congrats to all those who made the list as well, but I still maintain my stand that the 449 of us is not too much for the FG to sponsor & I hope for the best for us all. But, I have an issue o. I don't have an admission yet as NUC didn't specifically state that we should apply before the list is released (basically because I like taking to instructions, but that has obviously boomeranged in this case). Do you know any university in the UK whose admission is still open? Can one now apply to a school different from the one that one chose on the application form? I learnt a lot from you all during this memorable time we had together here. I love you all. Thank you all. MAY GOD BLESS US ALL AND DO THE BEST FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF US (AMEN)

Congrats to all that made it. It was indeed a long and agonizing wait!!!
I agree with PhatIon that we all could have been shortlisted and I feel for those that weren't.

@PhatIon, you are not disadvantaged by not having an admission yet. Many that have admission already might have to defer till next year as most schools have already resumed. I am not aware if any schools still have application window opened for this fall but I seriously doubt such exists. I think you can apply to a number of schools for admission including the one you specified for the scheme. The application/ admission process is quite tedious and has it's attendant uncertainties; hence, it is advisable not to put one's eggs in one basket. The chance is higher that one would get at least one successful admission from 3-4 applications.

While it is relieving that the wait is over, it hurts that the days of this forum are numbered. cry cry
@all, your wonderful and insightful comments, ideas, suggestions would remain fresh in my memory. My hope about Nigeria is lifted that there are still a crop of individuals that can still take Nigeria to greater heights. I doff my cap for y'all.

I wish U all the very best in life and always remember that "Living is only worth it When living in Christ"
Stay Lifted.

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by xlyze: 3:15am On Sep 21, 2012
Big congrats to pearladams, ij, phation and the rest that made it! Esp that extra favoured one extra candidate. I'm happy for you all and I thank God seriously on ur behalf. Keep d green-white-green flying high where ever u find urselves. Your new lives just started with a big BANG!
For those of us that didn't make it, remember that there's always a good reason for everything that God allows to happen.your best is yet to come!
GOD bless you guys plentifully grin

@ij....I jim ugwo o!

3 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nkematics(m): 6:34am On Sep 21, 2012
Congratulations to all that made it, and for others like me that didn't make,let us take heart. It is not the end of the world for us. God hasn't abandoned us, and I believe He has made plans for us. God bless you all,God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by dualprince: 9:28am On Sep 21, 2012
hi forumites, i wish to ask for some clarifications just in case any one has answer to my question... while its clear that one can apply to more than university, can someone apply for a course not listed in the engineering and science discipline for example since they stated "etc" on the website? Pls guys respond asap as it may not be easy to secure admission in a field not related to your undergraduate course>>>>
Mr PhatIon I SEE U loolzzz
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nanaiky(f): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2012

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nanaiky(f): 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
@phatlon,i guess i am in ur shoes as regrds not avn applied to schools.....pls can i have ur contact,...email/phone no....tnx bro
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by logbon72: 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
Hey guys, please where do we go from here? Has anybody called NUC to get more info on admission and when resumption is?

Please let's know. Thanks.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by zzaacx: 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
saw the list, so excited i made the list... we go jam on the 8th be that...
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by RichboyKay: 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
Wow...happy for you'all who made it...Had 63 but was NOT awarded...a close margin i hear...But to all who made it, please........do not fall our hands over there...show them that our universities here are not totally written off...do your best and come out as the best wherever you go. With God all things are possible. My heart is very heavy i must confess...never ever been in this situation but God will see me true. I love you all!
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by GiantParrot(m): 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
Congrats to all those who made the list; for those who did not make the list I believe there will be more opportunities in future. Your first class will definitely count for something no matter how long it takes, just keep the fire burning. I happen to be among the shortlisted persons who have not applied for admission. I am not aware of any of the 25 schools that is still open for September 2012 admissions or January 2013 admissions. I guess one would have to apply for September 2013. If any one has a contrary or different opinion or information, I would appreciate that you let us know so we can factor that into our upcoming decisions.
The NUC email requested that the shortlisted candidates should come with two guarantors' letters. Who exactly is a guarantor?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by truz(f): 11:43pm On Sep 21, 2012
Hi everyone,

Those that were shortlisted and don't have admissions to any of the top 25 universities yet, could check Columbia University, US (www.columbia.edu). Their School of Engineering is still accepting applications for March Entry. Deadline is Nov. 1. You require GRE and TOEFL though.

All the best as you apply.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 4:09am On Sep 22, 2012
-
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 4:10am On Sep 22, 2012
-
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 4:19am On Sep 22, 2012
SilENSE:

Congrats to all that made it. It was indeed a long and agonizing wait!!!
I agree with PhatIon that we all could have been shortlisted and I feel for those that weren't.

@PhatIon, you are not disadvantaged by not having an admission yet. Many that have admission already might have to defer till next year as most schools have already resumed. I am not aware if any schools still have application window opened for this fall but I seriously doubt such exists. I think you can apply to a number of schools for admission including the one you specified for the scheme. The application/ admission process is quite tedious and has it's attendant uncertainties; hence, it is advisable not to put one's eggs in one basket. The chance is higher that one would get at least one successful admission from 3-4 applications.

While it is relieving that the wait is over, it hurts that the days of this forum are numbered. cry cry
@all, your wonderful and insightful comments, ideas, suggestions would remain fresh in my memory. My hope about Nigeria is lifted that there are still a crop of individuals that can still take Nigeria to greater heights. I doff my cap for y'all.

I wish U all the very best in life and always remember that "Living is only worth it When living in Christ"
Stay Lifted.

@Mr Silense: Thanks for the advice (about applying to other schools as well because of the inherent uncertainties in almost any admission process). I guess that will be a good idea. It seems the NUC's statement insinuated that too, by using the word: "any", and not using "only one" or "the university you previously selected in your application" etc. in the statement: "apply to any of the top 25 universities approved for the scheme". Or what do you think, ladies and gentlemen?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by logbon72: 6:49am On Sep 22, 2012
truz: Hi everyone,

Those that were shortlisted and don't have admissions to any of the top 25 universities yet, could check Columbia University, US (www.columbia.edu). Their School of Engineering is still accepting applications for March Entry. Deadline is Nov. 1. You require GRE and TOEFL though.

All the best as you apply.

Thanks for this. I really appreciate this. God bless you real good.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 6:55am On Sep 22, 2012
dualprince: hi forumites, i wish to ask for some clarifications just in case any one has answer to my question... while its clear that one can apply to more than university, can someone apply for a course not listed in the engineering and science discipline for example since they stated "etc" on the website? Pls guys respond asap as it may not be easy to secure admission in a field not related to your undergraduate course>>>>
Mr PhatIon I SEE U loolzzz

Mr Dualprince: This is a clarification that I've needed, ever since I saw the advert. But strictly based on what was in the advert, the use of: "allied" and "etc." shows that other courses apart from the stated ones would be allowed, but they ("allied" and "etc." courses) were not well defined or described. For example, can one register for an MSc, M.Phil or Ph.D degree which has a different name (and could be a universal set e.g. Biology, Zoology, botany etc.) but contains those ones (which are actually subsets e.g. Molecular biology, genetics etc ) specifically stated, and then specialize one's research in any of the areas listed or covered by "allied" or "etc." that they're willing to sponsor?, or must one find a school offering the degrees using the names of, or named with those names listed or those which qualify for "allied" or "etc." in the advert? Please I'll like to hear you thoughts about these, Ladies and gentlemen.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 7:01am On Sep 22, 2012
Nanaiky: @phatlon,i guess i am in ur shoes as regrds not avn applied to schools.....pls can i have ur contact,...email/phone no....tnx bro

@Ms Nanaiky: yes you can ma, the pleasure is mine grin. I've sent you an email request PM from your nairaland profile. Once you check and reply that mail in the mailbox of the email account you used to open your nairaland account, the reply will come to my email address and we can start communicating PRIVATELY *turns attention to the others* Yeah! Privately! and how and where this goes totally depends on miss Nanaiky, the ball is fully in her court, she's fully in control...lol... grin #justKidding #okBYE.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 7:04am On Sep 22, 2012
GiantParrot: Congrats to all those who made the list; for those who did not make the list I believe there will be more opportunities in future. Your first class will definitely count for something no matter how long it takes, just keep the fire burning. I happen to be among the shortlisted persons who have not applied for admission. I am not aware of any of the 25 schools that is still open for September 2012 admissions or January 2013 admissions. I guess one would have to apply for September 2013. If any one has a contrary or different opinion or information, I would appreciate that you let us know so we can factor that into our upcoming decisions.
The NUC email requested that the shortlisted candidates should come with two guarantors' letters. Who exactly is a guarantor?
Mr Giantparrot: I also had this question about the personality of the guarantor when I saw that information. Or can the guarantor be just anybody? If not, what should his/her qualities, qualification etc be?. Please, anyone who has been able to clarify or verify this from NUC should let us know. Thanks.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 7:09am On Sep 22, 2012
xlyze: Big congrats to pearladams, ij, phation and the rest that made it! Esp that extra favoured one extra candidate. I'm happy for you all and I thank God seriously on ur behalf. Keep d green-white-green flying high where ever u find urselves. Your new lives just started with a big BANG!
For those of us that didn't make it, remember that there's always a good reason for everything that God allows to happen.your best is yet to come!
GOD bless you guys plentifully grin

@ij....I jim ugwo o!

@Mr xlyze: Thanks. May God continue to bless you sir (amen).
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 7:11am On Sep 22, 2012
Nkematics: Congratulations to all that made it, and for others like me that didn't make,let us take heart. It is not the end of the world for us. God hasn't abandoned us, and I believe He has made plans for us. God bless you all,God bless Nigeria.

@Mr Nkematics: Thanks. May God continue to bless you sir (amen)

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by logbon72: 10:43am On Sep 22, 2012
Hey Guys, I sent a mail to NUC and the thread is below:

My Message
Dear Sir/Ma,

I just got a mail stating that I have been awarded the PRESSID scholarship for 2012/2013. I am so grateful for this opportunity and I am yet to stop rejoicing as I'm overtly excited.

I will like to clarify a few things about the scholarship and I will be glad if I can get a reply soonest.

1. When are we supposed to resume? This is because I'm yet to secure admission to any of the top 25 schools. The only admission that is open at the moment for most of these schools is for next year (2013/2014) session.
2. Is the NUC going to help in the admission process or is it the applicant's sole responsibility?
3. Will we be getting Scholarship Award Letters? Most schools demand for this as a proof that the prospective student has been awarded a scholarship.
4. Are we restricted to the area we chose while applying for the scholarship or we can choose another area?

I really look forward to a quick response from your end.

Once again, I am really grateful for the opportunity.

Thank you.

Their response:

Dear Taiwo,

On your questions (1) to (4) below, see our response:

1. Considering that most schools have completed their admission exercise, you may apply for the next admission season.

2. It is the applicant’s sole responsibility to secure admission. However, let us know the progress at every stage.

3. Yes. You will all get a scholarship award letter.

4. If you intend to change your field, you first have to clear with us.

Regards,

PRESSID Technical Team
National Universities Commission,
No. 26, Aguiyi Ironsi Street,
Maitama District, P.M.B 237,
Abuja - Nigeria

All the best. I hope to meet those who made it on the 8th.

It'd be nice to connect.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2012
Nice and educative post by Mr Logbon72. Thanks

Please oh, I'm seeing a new notification here on my nairaland profile that I have a new PM email request, but I can't find the mail in my e-mailbox and I don't know who sent it. So, if you're the one that sent it & you're reading this, please resend the email request from my nairaland profile. Thanks
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Shynstee: 2:10pm On Sep 22, 2012
logbon72: Hey Guys, I sent a mail to NUC and the thread is below:

My Message

Their response:

All the best. I hope to meet those who made it on the 8th. My Facebook profile is https://www.facebook.com/tlogbon

It'd be nice to connect.
Congratulations to those that made it and its not the end for those that didn't make the list. The struggle continues for each and everyone of us. May God bless all our endeavours.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by zzaacx: 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2012
hey... am interested to know what the scholarship covers eg like in the ptdf you can take your wife and two kids... thanks..
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by zzaacx: 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2012
hey... am interested to know what the scholarship covers eg is it like the ptdf one where u can take you wife and kids?, duration of the scholarship? etc... thanks.. because me am planning on applying for a phd program...
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Ayo47: 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2012
Congrat to everyone that made the list and I pray deep inside me for those that didn't for God's favour to envelope you all in all your endeavours.I have been following this topic for weeks now, writing down every useful details I know will be of great help in making my dream of graduating with a first class a reality.Am a student that just gain admission to study Economics and Statistics in UNIBEN and i pray everyday in my heart that God should help me graduate with a first class as I go to the university, just like you all.I will want to say you all are my mentor. My mentor, you can be of a great assistance in making this dream of mine a reality by sharing with me that little secret of yours you used in achieving this success with me, am ready to learn.My 2go id is:IROMINI 9 facebook id: AYO IROMINI.Please, i beg don't ingnore my post.GOD bless u for reading and even going further in sharing with me the tips i need to graduate with a first class.

3 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Shynstee: 2:56pm On Sep 22, 2012
logbon72: Hey Guys, I sent a mail to NUC and the thread is below:

My Message

Their response:

All the best. I hope to meet those who made it on the 8th. My Facebook profile is https://www.facebook.com/tlogbon

It'd be nice to connect.

Congratulations to those that made it and its not the end for those that didn't make the list. The struggle continues for each and everyone of us. May God bless all our endeavours.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by kwesiboadu: 5:18pm On Sep 22, 2012
Congrats 2 those dat made it. As d originator of this thread i will like to appreciate the contributions of every one who made this forum a lively one. For those dat made it, count yourself lucky, as God also will surely make a way for us dat do not too. Though I scored 69, chose Genomics and was not selected it does mean the end of the world.
In life, there are Ups and Downs. It is yours today, it might be ours tomorrow!

THANKS NAIRALANDERS FOR MAKING THIS FORUM A SPLENDID ONE.

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Immortal1(m): 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2012
I lyk d spirit of oneness in dis forum. So excited 4u all dat made it. Pls, ensure u maximise d opportunity. Left 2 me, I'd suggest u register 4 gre & toefl, so as 2 secure admission in one of d top 25 schools in USA, dis year; d earlier u get a phd, d better 4u. No one can really tell how long dis scheme would last. 4 every other 1st Class graduates in d room, always remember dat making a 1st Class is not an end in itself but a means 2 an end. It only opens good opportunities 4u, but only u can enter or grab dem. Cheers.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (44) (Reply)

UNIOSUN Lecturer Sends Female Student Out Of Class For Indecent Dressing / Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013 / Direct Entry Admission 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.