Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,294 members, 7,954,167 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:33 PM

Voltron Defender Of The Universe - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Voltron Defender Of The Universe (18504 Views)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Marvel Cinematic Universe / Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Carlosein(m): 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2008
sesman:

oh wow!! voltron, they don't make em like that anymore do they, it was a really great show, i just checked on amazon website and they've the dvd sets volume 1 for about £4, i am getting it now, lol

here's the link to the website:

http://www.voltron.com/main.asp

even has previews of episodes.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by semidaraeb(m): 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2008
words, voltron is the best, still love it to today, my best lion was the green lion,

dont forget towards the end the mice also had their own plane and went to battle alongside voltron when they went to the evil planet 4 final showdown,

those were the days, had no worries in the world
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by walcolm(m): 2:08pm On Jan 17, 2008
Carlosein:

hey see what i found on youtube click on this link (especially delegiwa) grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZZv5Z2Iz_s
don't you just love voltron?

@carlosein, you da bomb. very great find.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Carlosein(m): 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2008
you're welcome wink
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by goodbobo: 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2008
U guys will make someone cry on nairaland . U brought back good old memories . i was in primary Six in lagos (surulere) when voltron was shown on nigerian tv that was around 1987 . I am sure all the  people responding to the tread are my age mates (32) . Even my younger brother that was in primary one then (now 27) never really flow cos he was way too young to understand it then . I dont thing any one bellow or above that age would really know much of voltron .

For me i dont thing there was any episude that i missed .

REMEMBER : AND I WILL FORM THE HEAD .
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Jairzinho(m): 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2008
I was always yellow lion(Hunk),when we played games

I remember:

Activate Interlocks
Dynofirms Connected
Infracells UP
MEGA THRUSTERS ARE GO !!! shocked shocked

LETS GO VOLTRON !!!!
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Jairzinho(m): 2:26pm On Jan 17, 2008
I'll check that Voltron link later:

I also remeber;

FORM FEET & LEGS

FORM ARMS & BODY. . . . . . .

AND I'LL FORM ,  . . . . . . . . . DA HEAD !!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
oH MEHNNNNNN. What do kids watch nowadays

Those where the days men !
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Carlosein(m): 2:43pm On Jan 17, 2008
they are forced to watch gardener's daughter, esmeralda etc grin
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by larekey(m): 2:48pm On Jan 17, 2008
voltron was my favorite cartoon while i was growing up the theme song is actually playing in my head right now and my favorite character was d princess
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Carlosein(m): 2:56pm On Jan 17, 2008
larekey:

voltron was my favorite cartoon while i was growing up the theme song is actually playing in my head right now and my favorite character was d princess

you mean like this:
pam pam paran pampaaran,
pamparan pamparan,
kpam kpam kpam grin
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Guchis(f): 3:07pm On Jan 17, 2008
Yeah guys, Voltron rocks. I used to wonder then why princess Aurora was always being kidnapped and Voltron had to go rescue her and the whole universe.  We've still got a drawing of Voltron my bro made @ home  grin.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Kajiang02(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2008
realy tot we cld hve such a defender those dayz.

Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Carlosein(m): 3:52pm On Jan 17, 2008
Jairzinho:

[b]I was always yellow lion(Hunk),[/b]when we played games

I remember:

Activate Interlocks
Dynofirms Connected
Infracells UP
MEGA THRUSTERS ARE GO !!! shocked shocked

LETS GO VOLTRON !!!!

then you must be very hunkish grin
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by TawaTemi1(f): 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2008
Even back then in Class, we discuss the last episode for those that missed it. What a nice Cartoon then.

Remembered mum use to threaten us that we wont watch it until we are through with our home work, trust children, sharp, sharp, we don finish our work.

We even postponed food.

wao.

gone are the days sha! : kiss  kiss kiss
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by ehi4life(m): 6:22pm On Jan 17, 2008
"I just love voltron"
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by richylaw(m): 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2008
Yeah, if i don't show up here then I will be an ingrate to childhood. Voltron was really DA BOMB, I really love it. It's funny though that after a couple of cartoon discussions,  a good number of this british guys here don't know voltron ( maybe because it's an asian stuff). Voltron and Thundersub were my favourites then. Just of recent I met a guy who has all the voltron episode!!!  Gbam I couldn't wait, he he he he
, and now I am a proud custodian of an 8gb size volume of all voltron episodes.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by cute9jaguy(m): 6:41pm On Jan 17, 2008
hmmm richlaw,how can you share?
do you guys also remember superted? (found something wrong with him,threw him away like a piece of rubbish,sporty man came from outer space,used his cosmic powers,brought him to life.etc),fraggle rock, terra hocks--etc,growing up was fun in the afternoons!
i just hope the kids of now are enjoying something!
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Carlosein(m): 6:51pm On Jan 17, 2008
this is really getting interesting with someone naming thundersub and superted in less than 5mins just makes my day!

this is the story about an ordinary teddy bear.
when he was made, they found something wrong with him and threw him away like a piece of rubbish into an old dark store room. from outer space a spotty man brought him to life with his cosmic dust.
he took him to a magic cloud where mother nature gave him special powers.

that bear became-SUPERTED!!!

lmfao grin grin
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Carlosein(m): 6:55pm On Jan 17, 2008
from thundersub:

antiproton missile (how i love it when they fire that gun grin),

tempest junior, gunner, rudder, webber, spence etc

those were the days, just makes me nostalgic cool
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by YourFather: 7:12pm On Jan 17, 2008
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Jairzinho(m): 7:18pm On Jan 17, 2008
richylaw:

Yeah, if i don't show up here then I will be an ingrate to childhood. Voltron was really DA BOMB, I really love it. It's funny though that after a couple of cartoon discussions,  a good number of this british guys here don't know voltron ( maybe because it's an asian stuff). Voltron and Thundersub were my favourites then. Just of recent I met a guy who has all the voltron episode!!!  Gbam I couldn't wait, he he he he
, and now I am a proud custodian of an 8gb size volume of all voltron episodes.

I beg my brother,pls advise how we can get those Voltron episodes,if not all?

I honestly can't remember if it ended? Does anybody remember how it ended(with Lotor et al)?

That you tube link wa simply off the hook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uS5b8aQ6z8
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Jairzinho(m): 7:26pm On Jan 17, 2008
Carlosein:

then you must be very hunkish grin

Not really,just attracted to the colour yellow back then
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Jairzinho(m): 7:28pm On Jan 17, 2008
Carlosein:

here's the link to the website:

http://www.voltron.com/main.asp

even has previews of episodes.

The website isn't exactly working properly
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by jebrills(m): 8:06pm On Jan 17, 2008
this is voltron official website u can see the latest here for all in the house http://www.voltron.com/main.asp
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by richylaw(m): 8:32pm On Jan 17, 2008
cute9jaguy and Jairzinho, I don't have a problem sending the 72 episode to you , but like i mentioned, it is about 8gb(in fact i jst checked now and it's exactly 12gb), so the net is out of the option. If you live in the Uk that may mean the problem is half solved as I can post the DVD to you.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by seun001(m): 8:34pm On Jan 17, 2008
Ok,my best cartoon ever.can still remember myself jumping Go Go Go Go voltron and my best part is when he draws his blazing sword oh la la, my 'o' my. grin
i usually drew my sword too and well i did break a few things that earned me a lot of punishment.though my sword didnt exactly divide my enemies into two but at least  it broke them into like a couple of pieces.lol  grin wink grin wink.
really loved when they when to search for the lions too.

besides i heard last year that some promoters where thinking of making a film about voltron.i hope they finish this year.and my best lion was Blue lion.

by the way,i playED the link in my office purposely leaving to volume high and u can guess,both guys and gals surrounded my system,even my oga use style to peep before dispersing everybody. grin
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by sweetonyx(m): 11:40pm On Jan 17, 2008
, and I'll form the Head! grin grin grin grin grin which of them lions says dat?
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by hunter777(m): 12:33am On Jan 18, 2008
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by hunter777(m): 12:47am On Jan 18, 2008
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by bakenda(m): 2:08am On Jan 18, 2008
Good old days.Wish cud Time travel.

Fragle Rocks rocked.Those philosophical,little muppets("You don't know
how to laugh until you cry"wink,always constructing things.First there was
the puppet version,then the cartoon(animated version).
Terra Hawks was a bit scary-and boring,to me.
Do you also remember:
Bertha,the lovely machine.
Long Distance Clara.
And going back a bit in Time:
Shmoo,Speedy Racer,Stone Man,Wonder Dog,Atom Ant,Captain Cave Man,The Globe Trotters,
Jabber Jaw,
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by iceland(m): 4:49am On Jan 18, 2008
The beginning goes like this "In the days of long ago,from our journey thru the universe,comes a legend,a legend of voltron the defender of the universe.Love by peace fear by the evil,as the voltron legend grow peace settles across the universe and planet arus, bla bla!
man! I LOVE VOLTRON,for real my friend's father got sacked in his work place cos he left too early to come watch VOLTRON.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by karrye(f): 5:51am On Jan 18, 2008
tundewoods (m)
Lagos,Precisely

The other Voltron force consisting of 15 members
« #20 on: Yesterday at 12:08:47 PM »

Vehicle Voltron (Voltron of the Near Universe)

I remember very clearly when growing up,back in 1983,that another series of voltron force use to be showed on NBC and CBS TV stations while i lived in Detroit, Michigan which comprises of a 15 member voltron force that had 3 teams naely Air,Land and Sea.

Pitch's twin brother was a member of this 15 man voltron force.It's funny that when i returned to Nigeria in the late 80's and early 90's that none of my friends and school mates never believed me,when i told them about the other 15 member voltron force.

It seems it was never shown on Nigerian TV,infact i guess the rights where never acquired by NTA back then.

Does anyone here ever watched the 15 member voltron force episodes ? Its been over 24 years i watched that version last but i still prefer the 5 member voltron force comprising of Lion members Captian Key,Lance,Pitch, Hunk and Princess Alura.

Belows the write up on the 15 member voltron force and i've included the picture as well

Vehicle VoltronLater episodes were based on the 1982 series Armored Fleet Dairugger and they changed the storyline considerably.
In this iteration of Voltron, the Galaxy Alliance's home planets have become overcrowded, and a fleet of explorers has been sent to search for new planets to colonize. Along the way, they attract the attention of the evil Drule Empire, long engaged in an ongoing war against the Alliance, and the Drules proceed to interfere in the mission of the explorers and the colonists. Since the Voltron of Planet Arus was too far away to help the explorers, a totally new Voltron is constructed to battle the Drule threat.

This Voltron team consisted of 15 members, who were divided into three teams of five, known respectively as the Land, Sea and Air Teams. Each team was specialized in gathering data or fighting in their area of expertise. Each team could also combine their vehicles into a bigger machine, with each combined vehicle differing amongst the three teams. These fighters were:

The Aqua Fighter (Sea Team)
The Turbo Terrain Fighter (Land Team)
The Strato Fighter (Air Team)
When necessary, all 15 vehicles combine to form the mighty Voltron. This Voltron in the toyline was referred to as Voltron I (also called the Vehicle Team), possibly due to it being closer to Earth than the more popular Voltron III (or Lion Force Voltron).

U are OYO with this your 15 team VOLTRON ooo

Asides that VOLTRON was awesome, i actually cried(more like wailed) if NEPA struck during or before a show

Does anyone love SAMURAI JACK, he's sooo cool, ALL ACTION and less talk (how a man sholud be really lol)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cross Evicted From The Big Brother House / "76" Movie Sweeps 14 AMVCA Nominations, Which Is An All Time Record / Marvin And Yaya (Maya) Evicted From Big Brother Titans House (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.