Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Voltron Defender Of The Universe - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Voltron Defender Of The Universe (17960 Views)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Marvel Cinematic Universe / Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by stag: 7:09pm On Jan 22, 2008
how i love this thread. good ol' memoirs
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Mu(m): 8:56pm On Jan 22, 2008
I guess the robeasts did not dodge because animation was hard to draw back then so they tried to use as few varying scenes as possible (dodging to only get killed eventually was probably too much work for such little storyline effect),
like remember how spiderman used to always swing through the same alley, the same skyscraper, the same places in every single episode LOL
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by ganjamo(m): 10:52pm On Jan 22, 2008
Dunno when that crap of a Voltron show started but I do know that Transformers started '83 and that it's a whole lot better than Voltron ! DEFENDER OTHE UNIVERSE!! my arse!
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by dollyp1cute(f): 11:22pm On Jan 22, 2008
ganjamo:

Dunno when that crap of a Voltron show started but I do know that Transformers started '83 and that it's a whole lot better than Voltron ! DEFENDER OTHE UNIVERSE!! my arse!

Stop hating!

Voltron will kill the transformers anyday, VOLTRON ROCKS  cool
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by maymurph(m): 11:51pm On Jan 22, 2008
ganjamo:

angryGuy wetin be all that one now.THIS NA VOLTRON THREAD,NO DISTURB US WITH UR TRANSFORMER.IF U STILL WANT YOUR TRANSFORMERS GO DEY COUNT THEM FOR ROAD.HA HA WETIN.nobody here is listening to u cheesy,you talk say voltron ur arse,i pity you ooooooo,by the time the lions chop that ur arse,voltron come take blazing sword destroy u and all ur transformers,you go cry grin
Voltron jooooooooo.VOLTRON IS THE BOMB grin
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by na2day2(m): 6:15am On Jan 23, 2008
give it a rest, the robeast are only keeping to the script grin grin grin

migareigns:

what i don,t get is the way the robeasts alway died. i mean if i saw a huge robot diving at me from 40000ft with a huge blazing sword i think i would dogde or at least drop some roger as the police say not stand in shock like some wrestler in wwe who see his opponent finishing and still stands there. undecided
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by ppanther(m): 7:22am On Jan 23, 2008
"Go Voltron Force!"

I played this link at the office yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZZv5Z2Iz_s

You need to see the positive
vibes I got from my contemporaries.
We were all reciting along the lines:
"Ready to from Voltron. Activate Interlock.
Dynafirms Connected, "

Enough reminiscing about the good
old days when comics and Voltron
were the thing. We shared the
episodes we watched, laughed over
how many classes we missed to
keep track of Voltron's latest challenge,

Believe me, Voltron Rules!
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Jairzinho(m): 10:07am On Jan 23, 2008
migareigns:

what i don,t get is the way the robeasts alway died. i mean if i saw a huge robot diving at me from 40000ft with a huge blazing sword i think i would dogde or at least drop some roger as the police say not stand in shock like some wrestler in wwe who see his opponent finishing and still stands there. undecided

The thing was that Voltron moved at lightening speed,but it was slowed down for us to observe & enjoy  grin wink

[center]FORM BLAZING SWORD shocked shocked shocked[/center]
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Jairzinho(m): 10:09am On Jan 23, 2008
ganjamo:

Dunno when that crap of a Voltron show started but I do know that  Transformers started '83 and that it's a whole lot better than Voltron ! DEFENDER OTHE UNIVERSE!! my arse!

Quit hating and enjoy the the thread man wink
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Jairzinho(m): 10:13am On Jan 23, 2008
ganjamo:

Dunno when that crap of a Voltron show started but I do know that  Transformers started '83 and that it's a whole lot better than Voltron ! DEFENDER OTHE UNIVERSE!! my arse!

Transformers as we have come to know them definitely didn't start in '83  tongue
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by stag: 11:01am On Jan 23, 2008
hey guys  cool, leave ganjamo alone.he's stealing your attention  angry . reply the post and not ganjamo. let him go start a thread for transformers lovers.
POST ON COMRADES. . .
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by tassmal(m): 12:38pm On Jan 23, 2008
i am in a cafe and as soon as someone heard me play the youtube link wow it was like i just opened up memory bank. see guys laughing rush to come see. boy VOLTRON na baba. it just too much. transformers is good but aint nothing compared to the VOTRON man. did u see those Robeast!!!
haha. i watch 2 clips on youtube already.

anybody know when the movie will come out?
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by shreks(m): 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2008
you can,t imagine the memories that came back. VOLTRON DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE. omo that utube link na wa o. do you guys also remember "tundersub".
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by stag: 6:59pm On Jan 23, 2008
yeah right. thundersub was nice tho. . . but KEEP TO THE THREAD!
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by dakmanzero(m): 9:37am On Jan 24, 2008
Voltron is really dear to the hearts of those that grew up in Nigeria during the 80's and early 90s.

Endless reruns by channels 5 and 10, the same thing repeated over and over again, and we loved it! lololol!

It looks really bad today, but the nostalgia value alone is gold.

Trivia:

DO you know that voltron was really an Anime (manga) called 'king of a thousand beasts GO-LION' ?
It was changed a lot to make it into a children's cartoon.

In the original, there was a lot more brutal violence, members of the voltron force died, In fact at a point the planet Earth was destroyed and the voltron force went on a suicide revenge mission from then till the end of the series!

Keith's brother sacrificed himself to kill syncline (the evil prince) commiting double suicide!

the ro-beasts were not robots, they were disgraced commanders and associates of syncline who were punished by being sent to die at the hands of voltron, as the only way to regain their honour (in death)

syncline hated his father because he is actually a half-breed between an alien and a human woman who happens to look exactly like the princess! That's why he is so fixated on her- she looks like his mother! The storyline involving syncline secretly sabotaging his father's plans in order to save the humans (who he feels are his real people) was completely removed.

Of course by the end, after killing his father, syncline turns on the voltron force 100% and is killed when keiths brother leaps to his death, pulling him down alongside him.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, there's so much more that was changed! I'm sure if they left it in its original form, many of us would have had scarred childhoods, lololol!!!!

Funny enough i was watching an episode once and was shocked to see they actually left an attempted rape in, but they changed the dialogue so it sounded like the prince was going to kill the princess instead, lololol!
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Gamine(f): 12:40pm On Jan 24, 2008
Voltron!!! grin grin grin grin

Robeasts, lol
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by gozzilla(m): 2:52pm On Jan 24, 2008
kind of cool to know that men can still be children in heart.
who say naija folks no dey emotional. Boy voltron did rock in its time
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Michaeli: 8:41pm On Jan 24, 2008
I haven't posted on Nairaland in a long while,but this Voltron thread brough tears to my eyes.

I remember back then in Pry 3 & 4,NEPA was so horrible ,I would be praying,keeping my finger's crossed for Ithink 4.30 or 5.30 when Voltron would start,all chores would be settled long before as nothing could stand in the way of almighty voltron !

Then I had this friend on my street (he's now in the US ) who could draw the best Voltron u could ever come to see. I actually sold a couple,

when NEPA messed things up we would all wait during breaktime for anybody who was lucky enough to have electricity,mehnnnnn

I remember , "When Voltron's legend grew,peace settled across the galaxy,on planet earth a new alliance was formed until a new horrible menace blah,blah blah. kiss kiss

Those were the days mehnnnnn. cool cool

cry cry cry cry cry cry

Thanks a mill'
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Michaeli: 8:42pm On Jan 24, 2008
I just checked out the you tube link,

Aghhhhhhhhhh

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

God bless,kai ! *tears running down his eyes, *
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by na2day2(m): 5:28am On Jan 25, 2008
LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Michaeli:

I just checked out the you tube link,

Aghhhhhhhhhh

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

God bless,kai ! *tears running down his eyes, *
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by shawn1104(m): 2:48pm On Jan 25, 2008

Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by shawn1104(m): 3:01pm On Jan 25, 2008
voltron was the bomb back in them dayz.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Jairzinho(m): 3:05pm On Jan 25, 2008
Looking at the youtube link,one can't help but notice how animation,drawings & colours have developed over time. cheesy
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Blow(m): 6:39pm On Jan 25, 2008
My brother and I could give anything to watch
Voltron back in the days.
And we used to draw the lions and voltron.

Voltron represent the forces of good fighting
the evil forces,

I love Keith the rider of the Black Lion most
and also the kid,
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by abwuz(m): 6:55pm On Jan 25, 2008
voltron was my favourite cartoon till date.i remember rushing home from school just because i know voltron would be aired by 4pm.i never missed a n episode,and beside i'm an artist and so sketching the characters like keith,lance,pigeon,hunk and princess alura was no problem.
i loved the villians especially lotor and his father king zakon and most especially hagar the witch,and her wicked laugh. dont forget her pussy cat? we have yorak,the chief of the officers of king zakon, and so on!
i could go on and on!
which episode was your favorite?mine was the first time the five explorers came to being at the castle.the villian they fought was the strongest villian ever created by the witch.,
i wish we could have a three dimensional creation of voltron like the likes of spiderman,superman and batman.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by ojoabidemi(m): 5:55pm On Jan 26, 2008
(not sure dats what they say)
activate infolocks
denaforms connected
infocells up
megacrusters all go

LETS GO VOLTRON FORCE
(background tantantanran tantaran tantaran tantaraaaaaaaan)
God i stil love cartoons
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Oking1(m): 8:34am On Jan 27, 2008
just hear this intro we use to sing like a nationa anthem

"FROM DAYS A LONG AGO FROM UNCHARTED REGION OF THE UNIVERSE COMES A LEGEND.
THE LEGEND OF VOLTRON, DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE.
AS VOLTRON LEGEND GREW, PEACE SETTLED ACROSS THE GALLAXY.
ON PLANETH EARTH,A GALAXY ALLIANCE WAS FORMED AND TOGETHER WITH THE GOOD PLANETS OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM THEY MAINTAINED PEACE THROUGHOUT THE GALLAXY.(tantata-la)
UNTIL A NEW HORRIBLE MENACE THREATENED THE GALAXY.
VOLTRON WAS NEEDED ONCE MORE"(tantata la).
THIS IS THE STORY OF A SUPERFORCE OF SPACE EXPLORERS, (tantata-la)
SPECIALLY TRAINED AND SENT BY THE ALLIANCE TO BRING BACK,
VOLTRON,DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE". grin grin grin grin
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2008
grin lol this their tight sleek custume dey make me laugh  cheesy
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by farolee(m): 7:49pm On Jan 27, 2008
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen, i just miss voltron.still one of the best cartoon ever. how i wish one of this tv station will bring it back.It's alway battle against the evil forces , hagga the witch
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Jairzinho(m): 12:39pm On Jan 28, 2008
ojoabidemi:

(not sure that is what they say)
activate infolocks
denaforms connected
infocells up
megacrusters all go

LETS GO VOLTRON FORCE
(background tantantanran tantaran tantaran tantaraaaaaaaan)
God i stil love cartoons

I think its:

ACTIVATE INTERLOCKS (interlocking something something)

DYNOFIRMS CONNECTED (you know dynamo etc)

INFRA-CELLS UP   (like infra red & stuff)

MEGA THRUSTERS ARE GO !!! ( 'mega' was a common supeer hero cartoon word back then ,Thrusters i.e boosters etc)

This is always followed by :
LETS GO VOLTRON FORCE !!!!,

then of course tan-ta-ta-ra tan-ta-ta etc
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by temitire(f): 12:58pm On Jan 28, 2008
Voltron was simply of the hook
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by seun001(m): 6:58pm On Jan 28, 2008
Jairzinho:

I think its:

ACTIVATE INTERLOCKS (interlocking something something)

DYNOFIRMS CONNECTED (you know dynamo etc)

INFRA-CELLS UP (like infra red & stuff)

MEGA THRUSTERS ARE GO !!! ( 'mega' was a common supeer hero cartoon word back then ,Thrusters i.e boosters etc)

This is always followed by :
LETS GO VOLTRON FORCE !!!!,

then of course tan-ta-ta-ra tan-ta-ta etc

shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin cheesy wink wink cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bolt And Maria Evicted From Big Brother Africa / Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? / BBNaija: Eloswag Wins Head Of House Game - Week 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.