Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Voltron Defender Of The Universe - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Voltron Defender Of The Universe (17972 Views)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Marvel Cinematic Universe / Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Aussie(m): 6:27am On Jan 18, 2008
What could be more entertaining than VOLTRON then?

Unfortunately or fortunately children now concentrate the more on the English Premiership(Even some premiership footballers wey i no know, dem know their names grin grin grin)

My best then was VOLTRON. Those days when NTA starts at 4pm, they start with cartoons like superted,Voltron, Thundersub,etc.

I miss them all embarassed embarassed
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by dada22(m): 7:28am On Jan 18, 2008
hmmmm una try well well, mi nah koroso i play jare, voltron ko, superman ni wink
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by micklplus(m): 7:29am On Jan 18, 2008
Voltron ! No be small thing o !
We used to fight cuz of that cuz we had one T.V until my papa bought another for the boiz!

Nice cartoon it was.
cheers
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by MP007(m): 9:06am On Jan 18, 2008
omo, nawaooo.i stil remember watching voltron on black and white tv for naija, lol,
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 18, 2008
cant forget voltron.
really like haggar the witch.
all her potions that transformed little monsters into the Rowbeast
do u rememeber when voltron was trapped in the magnetic force field?
just cant forget.
sweet memories
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by eniola1310(f): 9:23am On Jan 18, 2008
voltron was the bomb then
i never missed an episode

i remember an episode tht voltron's sword broke into 2 i was weeping tht voltron would die, and low and behold the cross on it's chest rolled out and attached itself to the halfbroken sword, then voltron completed the task

i just loved tht episode.

and i liked the kid.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by realdemi(f): 9:52am On Jan 18, 2008
@dada22
If u have nuffing good to say, pls keep quiet and stop hating.

You were obviously too small or still with Baba God when Voltron was being aired.

VOLTRON RULES!!!

SuperTed kiss kiss
Fragle Rock
Terra Hawks
Atom Ant
G-Force
Speed Racer

Like some1 said, it's pity kids of nowadays are just saddled with Gardener's Daughter and family alongside some weird things in the name of cartoon. A lot of the cartoons these days have adult content. shocked shocked shocked

LOL
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by seun001(m): 10:01am On Jan 18, 2008
Besides,most of the cartoons are targeted at making children dummies.check out teletubbies.totally disgusting i'll say. undecided
Atom ant and Super ted were also favourites.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by hunter777(m): 10:12am On Jan 18, 2008
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Kemjisuper(m): 10:29am On Jan 18, 2008
People, those were really the days! I remember one occasion when I was washing plates in the kitchen after lunch, I heard the Voltron theme song playing on TV. I dashed to the sitting room and stood there glued to the TV screen with my soapy hands dripping wet all over the rug.

No be small wahala when Momsie catch me O! grin
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by gantic: 10:42am On Jan 18, 2008
@poster
God bless you for starting Nairalanad's best thread ever, so emotional, i havent been able to get back to work since hitting this thread, just makes my childhood days so sweet to remember, feel lke dashin back and enjoying one more week.
Voltron was the bomb, way ahead of time, Let's have Voltron back on TV, showin from 11--12 midnight once a week, trust me, there'll be more dn enuf willing sponsors
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by onyekang1(f): 11:00am On Jan 18, 2008
its was my FAV cartoon in dose days. i loved it. VOLTRON! DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE. grin grin grin grin
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by zigalo(m): 11:12am On Jan 18, 2008
From days of long ago
from actual bridging of the universe
comes the legend
the legend of Voltron
a mighty robot loved by good feared by evil
as voltron legend grew
peace settled accross the galaxy
until an evil with a runful menace threatened the galaxy
voltron was needed once more
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by edosioo(f): 11:23am On Jan 18, 2008
activate inter-locks
dino-force connected
infra-swords up
ready to form
VOLTRON FORCE

GREEN LION , RED LION ,YELLOW LION , BLUE LION, WHITE LION , PRINCESS

NAIJA WAS SWEET DURING BABANGIDA REGIME !
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Modups1(f): 11:44am On Jan 18, 2008
cry cry cry cry cry cry oh my gosh cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

u guys have made me shed tears, serious tears of joy in remembering some of those good ole days
am still so emotional while typing this, my office pple r wondering wats wrong with dis one
they cant understand unless they used to watch dis cartoon

the theme song is still playing in my head rite now cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

VOLTRON DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE

have u guys noticed dat even hollywood is going down memory lane? there r movies of transformers, speed racer & even voltron
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Lexyl(m): 11:48am On Jan 18, 2008
Wow, i love the Voltron, i remember in 1987 when one of my plastic Voltron was stolen in class then, i was primary 4, i cried while looking for it. i knew one my class mate that is Voltron took it then.
Whenever my lesson teacher comes around for tutoria then, we do beg him to allow us watch Voltron. The guy also enjoyed  watching it too. Voltron is captivating.
I don,t the children given birth in the late 80s and 90s have memory of voltron
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by realdemi(f): 11:54am On Jan 18, 2008
seun001:

Besides,most of the cartoons are targeted at making children dummies.check out teletubbies.totally disgusting i'll say. undecided
Atom ant and Super ted were also favourites.
What more could i say? Teletubbies
hunter777:

There was also Mr Moons' Magic Circus
The Donnie and Marie Show
and back home in Nigeria we had------
Tales by moonlight (it aired between 6:30pm--7pm on sundays)
Storyland by Jimi Solanke grin grin grin grin grin
Who is this hunter? u haunting me, men! what would i give to have those on air.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Raimond(m): 11:57am On Jan 18, 2008
VOL, Fire.I don watch willie-willie finish, wey i go come dey watch voltron? grin
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by amaks: 11:59am On Jan 18, 2008
voltron's da bomb.  nothing like it yet,in that genre.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by shawn123: 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2008
VOTRON, SUPER TED, GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN WE DIDNT WONDER ABOUT LIFE , WEALTH, MARRIAGE, CHILDREN, GOOD OL MEMORIES undecided
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by amaks: 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2008
there was also this programme with zelda the witch,she had some cubes as her foot soldiers,the good guys had some spheres as foot soldiers, its a sort of space battle action kids programme,not a catoon-i think its toys,robotics,, shit,real interesting too,i cant remember the name now,, can anyone plshas a "sweet" theme song too,
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Modups1(f): 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2008
TERAHAWKS[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by amaks: 12:35pm On Jan 18, 2008
YES!!!!!!!!TERAHAWKS!!!!!
modups tanx a mill!!
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Raimond(m): 1:03pm On Jan 18, 2008
Speed racer, thunder sub
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Jairzinho(m): 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2008
shawn123:

VOTRON, SUPER TED,  GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN WE DIDNT WONDER ABOUT LIFE , WEALTH, MARRIAGE, CHILDREN, GOOD OL MEMORIES undecided
You can say that again  wink
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by freelance(m): 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2008
Voltron was great then grin with the coolBlazing sword

Nice Memories wink
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by folly69(m): 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2008
gawd  where's a time machine when u need one, u guys just gave me great memories wish i culd go back in time to those great old days.voltron was and will always b da bomb i actually had a crush on d princess likewise bluelion was my favorite.remember shmooo,terahawks,fragglerock,sesamestreet,jabber jaw,thunder sub,pidgeon street,tea bag,super ted,muppet babies,ovide and d gang(ovidvideo) and d list goes on.
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by lawyer(m): 6:19pm On Jan 18, 2008
Ha Voltron ke? Abeg no mention that name again o! That cartoon made me repeat primary 5 almost two times. I became so engrossed in the cartoon that i actually thought i was one of the citizens of planet garrison garrisson. I would dream, sleep and think of voltron all day. In school, they were always changing my desk every 2 months because i would have drawn voltron and all the 5 lions on it. The cane i chop unto voltron no be small.

I remember when my brother sent me a water colour version of the comic, the number of blows i recieved from my class mates over the book cannot be comprehended. I actually broke my piggy bank account to bribe a guy to draw a whole note book of voltron for me. Trust me i was insane for voltron and the day i left voltron was when i couldnt graduate with my mates in primary school. So any time i hear voltron i get nightmares, no more 5 lions and blazing sword for me, am all about pussy cats and shiny biros, lol grin
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2008
The vehicle voltron was not as great as the 5 lions.
brings back lots of memories.

voltron
thunderSub (or Blue Noah in some places)
G-force
SuperTed
Danger Mouse
TeraHawks
SpeedRacer(I hope the upcoming movie won't suck)

And for those looking for the episodes of voltron. They are on torrent
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by hollandis(f): 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2008
Quiz ,can u complete the intro?

Voltron
Defender of the Universe
Loved by good
Feared ny Evil
As Voltron Legend grew
Peace settled across the galaxy
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Carlosein(m): 7:21pm On Jan 18, 2008
@hollandis:
already did, but maybe you missed the beginning of this thread, so here goes:

From days of long ago, from unchatted regions of the universe,
comes a legend, the legend of VOLTRON-a mighty robot,
loved by good, feared by evil.
As voltron's legend grew, peace settled across the galaxy,
on planet earth a mighty alliance was formed, and together with the good planets of the solar system,
they maintained peace throughout the universe,
until a new horrible menace threatened the galaxy.
Voltron was needed once more and this is a story of the super force of space explorers,
5 specially trained and sent by the alliance to bring back:

VOLTRON-DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE!!!
Re: Voltron Defender Of The Universe by Carlosein(m): 7:26pm On Jan 18, 2008
lawyer:

Ha Voltron ke? Abeg no mention that name again o! That cartoon made me repeat primary 5 almost two times. I became so engrossed in the cartoon that i actually thought i was one of the citizens of planet garrison garrisson. I would dream, sleep and think of voltron all day. In school, they were always changing my desk every 2 months because i would have drawn voltron and all the 5 lions on it. The cane i chop unto voltron no be small.

I remember when my brother sent me a water colour version of the comic, the number of blows i recieved from my class mates over the book cannot be comprehended. I actually broke my piggy bank account to bribe a guy to draw a whole note book of voltron for me. Trust me i was insane for voltron and the day i left voltron was when i couldnt graduate with my mates in primary school. So any time i hear voltron i get nightmares, no more 5 lions and blazing sword for me, am all about pussy cats and shiny biros, lol grin

ehen, so na here you dey hide from all ur pple including pillaw abi.
and u been chop plenty cain even fail sake of voltron cheesy omo kpele dat one mean say we plenty grin grin

get in touch man we miss you cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Movies / Bolt And Maria Evicted From Big Brother Africa / BBNaija: Eloswag Wins Head Of House Game - Week 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.