Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,517 members, 7,861,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:09 PM

Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2422795 Views)

Oyo TESCOM Teachers Recruitment 2013 / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment Test / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by chriswill20(m): 1:12pm On Sep 14, 2016
N
Chibuking81:
May God direct whom ever that is incharge and responsible for our remaining 4,5&6 months salary to pay all our money between today Wednesday, 14/SEP/2016 and next tomorrow Friday, 16/SEP/2016.
This I pray through Jesus christ our lord, amen.

Indeed many of us have a lot of bill to settle like; debt owes to friends, house rent, children school fees and others.
How can we maintain this our noble profession effectively with huge bill hanging round our neck?
God please help us.

I join u to say a BIG AMEN
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by tutudame(m): 2:58pm On Sep 14, 2016
2:56 pm and yet,no pay.God dey,e dey pain,but ain't resuming work till I get paid.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by dmercy141983(m): 3:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
I called my principal today according to him he said in the meeting of principals at the board they were assured that all arrears will be cleared whiting Wednesday and Friday...
I just hope they keep to promise .

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by 2ruconfidence(f): 3:52pm On Sep 14, 2016
dmercy141983:
I called my principal today according to him he said in the meeting of principals at the board they were assured that all arrears will be cleared whiting Wednesday and Friday...
I just hope they keep to promise .

What about our old arrears they suspended since January.Our arrears owed by Amaechi?

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by dmercy141983(m): 5:13pm On Sep 14, 2016
2ruconfidence:

What about our old arrears they suspended since January.Our arrears owed by Amaechi?

I don't understand u....
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by 2ruconfidence(f): 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2016
dmercy141983:

I don't understand u....

Don't u know that the new teachers @Obio/akpo LGA ppsb are still being owed 3months arrears??

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by amarachi124(f): 6:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
2ruconfidence:

Don't u know that the new teachers @Obio/akpo LGA ppsb are still being owed 3months arrears??
Yes, same thing with us in khana LGA, three months arrears still pending. Please o, they should pay that money we worked for it.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2016
The Rivers State Commissioner for Education, Prof Kaniye Ebeku, has urged teachers in the state to first exhaust all avenues of dialogue before considering the proposed strike action.Ebeku, who made the appeal recently in a meeting with the teachers in Port Harcourt, the state capital, noted that the policy of the present administration was not to owe any staff, hence, the allegation of outstanding salary arrears to teachers would be looked into with a view to addressing the problemThe commissioner told the teachers that, “assuming without considering that any legitimate teacher is being owed salary, we believe that you should not start by going on strike.“We need to know how this came about because as far as this government is concerned, the policy isnot to owe any staff. So,if any staff is being owed salary, there mustbe something wrong along the line that we will seek to explore and resolve.“Consequently, we haveurged them (teachers) to stop any planned strike action that could disrupt the smooth resumption of students’upcoming academic session,” Ebeku added.He used the opportunityto urge parents and guardians to prepare their children and wardsfor the new date of resumption of schools, which is September 19, 2016.The Tide recalls that teachers under the auspices of the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) had last week, issued a communiqué directing teachers to resume work after the holidays while appealing to government to pay them their outstanding salary arrears, while at the same time, warning that they would embark on strike, if on resumption, they are not given their entitlements.In the communiqué, theteachers had listed payment of arrears of salaries, implementation of promotions and conduct of outstanding promotion interviews of those who are due as issues to be addressed by the government.The communiqué was issued at the end of a meeting of the State Wing Executive Council (SWEC) of the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT), Rivers State wing.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by ChyChy17: 8:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
gold360:
The Rivers State Commissioner for Education, Prof Kaniye Ebeku, has urged teachers in the state to first exhaust all avenues of dialogue before considering the proposed strike action.Ebeku, who made the appeal recently in a meeting with the teachers in Port Harcourt, the state capital, noted that the policy of the present administration was not to owe any staff, hence, the allegation of outstanding salary arrears to teachers would be looked into with a view to addressing the problemThe commissioner told the teachers that, “assuming without considering that any legitimate teacher is being owed salary, we believe that you should not start by going on strike.“We need to know how this came about because as far as this government is concerned, the policy isnot to owe any staff. So,if any staff is being owed salary, there mustbe something wrong along the line that we will seek to explore and resolve.“Consequently, we haveurged them (teachers) to stop any planned strike action that could disrupt the smooth resumption of students’upcoming academic session,” Ebeku added.He used the opportunityto urge parents and guardians to prepare their children and wardsfor the new date of resumption of schools, which is September 19, 2016.The Tide recalls that teachers under the auspices of the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) had last week, issued a communiqué directing teachers to resume work after the holidays while appealing to government to pay them their outstanding salary arrears, while at the same time, warning that they would embark on strike, if on resumption, they are not given their entitlements.In the communiqué, theteachers had listed payment of arrears of salaries, implementation of promotions and conduct of outstanding promotion interviews of those who are due as issues to be addressed by the government.The communiqué was issued at the end of a meeting of the State Wing Executive Council (SWEC) of the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT), Rivers State wing.
gold360:
PURE RUBBISH!!!

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by dmercy141983(m): 7:02am On Sep 15, 2016
gold360:

Total nonsense ! When are they paying our arrears ?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Okjay: 7:41am On Sep 15, 2016
gold360:
arrant nonsense. absolute rubbish. as a commissioner has he ever been owed his salary and entitlements for even a month?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by wealthyprince(m): 10:52am On Sep 15, 2016
Please manage our land o....this commissioner statement is occupying almost 10 plot! back to the matter.

Commissioner's statement is funny...instead of telling the ministry of finance to fast forward the payment of our money as one way of boosting our morah on the job. he wants us to go and teach with empty stomach! that is like sending a soldier to fight Boko Haram in sambisa forest without weapon!

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Hopesweet2: 11:17am On Sep 15, 2016
Alerts will soon start coming in today by God's grace.

I'm very certain about it. My source is not from the ministry, nor schools board , neither is it coming from any Government official.

But from the almighty God whose power non can contend. Job 22:28 says, thou shall also degree a thing and it shall be established unto thee....

At this juncture, all we need is God's report and his intervention.
Than to listen to this liars(politicians), with their dead conscience.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2016
Hopesweet2:
Alerts will soon start coming in today by God's grace.

I'm very certain about it. My source is not from the ministry, nor schools board , neither is it coming from any Government official.

But from the almighty God whose power non can contend. Job 22:28 says, thou shall also degree a thing and it shall be established unto thee....

At this juncture, all we need is God's report and his intervention.
Than to listen to this liars(politicians), with their dead conscience.
one good thing about this our delayed payment is that it has turned most of us here into prayer warriors..

my dear ,I key into your ministrations this morning and scream a big AMMMEEEENNNN

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
gold360:
one good thing about this our delayed payment is that it has turned most of us here into prayer warriors..

my dear ,I key into your ministrations this morning and scream a big AMMMEEEENNNN
Also it has cut down our expenses, especially from those that would have queue behind us, on hearing that we have been paid.
The only issue, is that we will take two to three months to settle DEBTS and hurray the rest.
Whichever way, no alert , no work.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by otubobo: 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
its only in Nigeria that civil servants would enter into dialogue with Government for their rights as in their monthly wages, salaries and remuneration, pensions etc before they are paid. In advanced countries you sue your employer that's including the Government when these human rights are not meant. so this dishonorable commissioner of education expects me to borrow and go to work? shey!!!! as if the arrears that Government would pay....... them go put interest on top!!!!....I have needs to be met...just because rivers state government married me and put me in a classroom doesn't mean they would Bleep me regularly by asking me to go to work without pay....ndi ara.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 4:51pm On Sep 15, 2016
haba! no alert today?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by dmercy141983(m): 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2016
It's almost certain that school will not resume on Monday 19th of September ... No pay No work ! Thursday is gone.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Juenwume: 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
The Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano, has said that it is a sin for any employer of labour particularly government to owe workers salaries in a time of recession the country is in now.

Obiano said this during the commencement of the Anambra State Fire and Safety Summit in Awka on Wednesday.

He said payment of workers’ salaries would energise the economy in a recession and make life more meaningful for the people.

The governor, who expressed fear that the dollar would continue to rise against the naira, said it would take no fewer than 18 months for the economic downturn in the country to subside.

He said, “A state that does not pay its workers is inviting calamity. Payment of workers’ salaries energises the economy.

“We saw this recession early and made agriculture one of the pillars of our administration.

This is why we have been paying our workers. It is wicked to owe workers at a time like this.

“People should embrace risk management. That is the solution to disaster, especially in a recession.

“No recession lasts less than 18 months, so we need to wake up. The naira is moving to N500 per dollar.

“We need to secure our certificates and other valuables of ours so that nothing will happen to them overnight. That’s the way to survive in a recession.”

He said his administration foresaw the trouble and embarked on preemptive measures such as investment in agriculture.

Obiano posited that risk management was the solution to economic recession.

He called on Nigerians to develop the culture of insuring their lives and property, arguing that it was one sure way of mitigating the adverse effects of disasters whenever they would occur.

The governor, however, observed that the people of the South-East geopolitical zone had not been paying attention to insurance.

He added that that was why they were usually the worse hit whenever disasters occurred.

He said that his administration had acquired 10 sophisticated modern fire-fighting trucks to boost the activities of the state fire service

The governor advised that rather than approach government for assistance whenever disaster occurred, the people should form the habit of taking insurance policies.

“My expectation is that our people will be better informed about disaster and its management after listening to the various speakers at this summit,” the governor said.

http://punchng.com/wicked-owe-workers-recession-obiano/
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by nick4lifeng(m): 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
dmercy141983:
It's almost certain that school will not resume on Monday 19th of September ... No pay No work ! Thursday is gone.
on point! Gbam!!!
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by iwedimarshal: 5:02am On Sep 16, 2016
GOVERNOR WIKE RECALLS FOUR SUSPENSED COMMISIONERS; HEAD OF SERVICE, SPECIAL ADVISER ON LANDS.

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has recalled the four commissioners earlier suspended from office.

The commissioners recalled by the governor are: Dr John Bazia, Chieftaincy Affairs; Mrs Tonye Briggs-Oniyide; Culture and Tourism; Dr Fred Kpakol, Finance and Mr Boma Iyaye; Sports.

A statement by the Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor on Electronic Media, Simeon Nwakaudu informed that the governor has also recalled
the Head of Service, Mr Rufus Godwin and Mr Anugbum Onuoha, Special Adviser on Lands.

Simeon Nwakaudu,
Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor,
Electronic Media.
15th September, 2016.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 6:40am On Sep 16, 2016
iwedimarshal:
GOVERNOR WIKE RECALLS FOUR SUSPENSED COMMISIONERS; HEAD OF SERVICE, SPECIAL ADVISER ON LANDS.

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has recalled the four commissioners earlier suspended from office.

The commissioners recalled by the governor are: Dr John Bazia, Chieftaincy Affairs; Mrs Tonye Briggs-Oniyide; Culture and Tourism; Dr Fred Kpakol, Finance and Mr Boma Iyaye; Sports.

A statement by the Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor on Electronic Media, Simeon Nwakaudu informed that the governor has also recalled
the Head of Service, Mr Rufus Godwin and Mr Anugbum Onuoha, Special Adviser on Lands.

Simeon Nwakaudu,
Electronic Media.
15th September, 2016.
OK.. African magic on point... the more you look the less you see
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 7:28am On Sep 16, 2016
iwedimarshal:

Simeon Nwakaudu,
Electronic Media.
15th September, 2016.
This is inconsequential!.
At least, breeze don blow and fowl nyansh son open. Nonsense politicians.
Only alert matter, matter to me.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by dmercy141983(m): 8:04am On Sep 16, 2016
iwedimarshal:

Simeon Nwakaudu,
Electronic Media.
15th September, 2016.

Its a pity we have been deceived and lied to over and over again by these politicians, why didn't wike keep his words of suspending them for three months? Politicians are demons

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Okjay: 8:49am On Sep 16, 2016
dmercy141983:
Exactly that
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Fabmoniks: 9:19am On Sep 16, 2016
Gad2:
Where is FAITHOBODOGULO?

Dont know oh. When u find her, tell her we've missed her.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by ChyChy17: 11:18am On Sep 16, 2016
iwedimarshal:
Simeon Nwakaudu,
Electronic Media.
15th September, 2016.
I was never deceived. I knew the suspension was just for show. Why didn't he sack them outrightly? Birds of the same feathers....GOD DEY!
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by chriswill20(m): 11:41am On Sep 16, 2016
kingsjeroneyah:

This is inconsequential!.
At least, breeze don blow and fowl nyansh son open. Nonsense politicians.
Only alert matter, matter to me.

Lolzzzzzz my u have just spoken my mind.... it is indeed inconsequential
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by ChyChy17: 12:28pm On Sep 16, 2016
Can someone please COMPARE this administration with the previous?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by ChyChy17: 12:30pm On Sep 16, 2016
ChyChy17:
Can someone please COMPARE this administration with the previous?
7up
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Raynnodi: 12:38pm On Sep 16, 2016
I have been a silent observer of this wonderful thread. I just can't endure again. This government is so heartless. Hunger don fire person. See as I don emaciate finish. Na wa o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (854) (Reply)

Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs / Updated-New Job Vacancies

Viewing this topic: emekatex and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.