Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? (14084 Views)

You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni / See The Face On The New N20 Note [photo] / Justification For The N5000 Conditional Cash Transfer Program (CCTP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Freiburger(m): 11:53am On Aug 26, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Remove the ethnic/sectional tinted glasses you have on and try reading it again.

Cheers. wink
An Igbo man urging me to remove my ethnic/sectarian glasses, i'm flattered. cool cool cool
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ichidodo: 11:54am On Aug 26, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Oju-iku is a criminal,a terrorist and a blood-sucking demon.we dont want such person as a national monument. angry tongue
whether u like it or not, eze ndi-igbo gburgburu is already an icon that even ure mythical o(d)mum(d)uwa cannever be. person!
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Freiburger(m): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2012
ichidodo: whether u like it or not, eze ndi-igbo gburgburu is already an icon that even ure mythical o(d)mum(d)uwa cannever be. person!
Is that insult necessary?
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ichidodo: 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2012
Dhelake: i laff in yoruba ,. Erin ee o pami .... U're talkin of takin ova lagos ... There is a phrase in yoruba ... 'abeleja yan' .. Datz wat u guyz are
see dis ondo person claimin lagos indigenship. Oya before i open my eyes and count up to three, disappear to ure bush state. One.... Two .....
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by proudlyafrican(m): 12:02pm On Aug 26, 2012
@OP i would have followed your thread if your argument on the proposed N5000 were based on the economic gains and loses it would bring to Nigerians but it is obvious that your argument/intent of this post is based on the premise, why the face of Ikemba of Nnewi, Dim Chukuwemeka Ojukwu`s face was not included in the proposed note.Well for your information it was not included because it is of no consequence.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ichidodo: 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2012
worldman: Who is ojukwu is his he a male goat or wat
wia is ure brain located? ure head or ure anus? u descendant of o(d)mumu(d)wa's prick
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by franchizy(m): 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2012
BIAFRA not recognized in Nigeria like AREWA so let's not mention Biafra again. Ojukwu don't deserve to b on d Naira at all.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ichidodo: 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2012
Freiburger:
I cant get any of your point from the whole write up.
if u cannot get any point then ure brain must b in ure anus
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Freiburger(m): 12:19pm On Aug 26, 2012
@ all Igobs, How does placing Ojukwu's face on the Nigerian Naira facilitate the independence you are fighting for? do you guys have any sense of direction?

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Freiburger(m): 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2012
ichidodo: if u cannot get any point then ure brain must b in ure anus
i wouldn't tolerate any insults from you, be warned.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by takedat(m): 12:22pm On Aug 26, 2012
am amazed with all this igbo internet trolls new zeal for biafranism.this same ojukwu while alive founded a political party(APGA) and contested for presidency,how many igbos voted for him rather they sold thier souls to PDP.APGA couldnt even win all the south eastern states.it shows that igbos themselves have little or no respect for the man ojukwu.rather than galvanize themselves to have a united front,hypocrites like them would ascribe all their downfall to the yorubas.the earlier you wake up from your hallucinations.

4 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 26, 2012
yes, Ojukwu was great and all that but the fact still remains that he played a negative part in trying to disintegrate the nation... So his face should not be on any note!
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2012
take dat: am amazed with all this igbo internet trolls new zeal for biafranism.this same ojukwu while alive founded a political party(APGA) and contested for presidency,how many igbos voted for him rather they sold thier souls to PDP.APGA couldnt even win all the south eastern states.it shows that igbos themselves have little or no respect for the man ojukwu.rather than galvanize themselves to have a united front,hypocrites like them would ascribe all their downfall to the yorubas.the earlier you wake up from your hallucinations.
the igbos lack a unified front...
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by tpapi: 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
hardbody:

If the buffoooons were to be that good, why are they being humbled and humiliated everyday by a rag tag illiterate Boko Haram. Just shut da Phok up and swallow your bitterness Eejiot
if dos demented blood suckin vampires get liver they shd com out openly n fight d jtf,u r very si*lly
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ichidodo: 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
Freiburger: @ all Igobs, How does placing Ojukwu's face on the Nigerian Naira facilitate the independence you are fighting for? do you guys have any sense of direction?
First of all,no igboman asked for eze ndi-igbo gburugburu's face in d currency. His face, deeds and memory are in a better place. In our (the igbo race ) hearts.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Freiburger(m): 12:35pm On Aug 26, 2012
ichidodo: First of all,no igboman asked for eze ndi-igbo gburugburu's face in d currency. His face, deeds and memory are in a better place. In our (the igbo race ) hearts.
Did you read the poster first post on this thread before you started commenting?
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ichidodo: 12:40pm On Aug 26, 2012
Freiburger:
i wouldn't tolerate any insults from you, be warned.
then shut d hell up, if u cannot take d heat coward anus-brained yiriba prick.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by olabiz2010: 12:42pm On Aug 26, 2012
O'u onye ga-aka nwaanyi ajo mmuo gburu nwa mara maka amuosu.
[Who will know better the evils of witchcraft than the woman who lost a child to evil spirits.]
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ichidodo: 12:43pm On Aug 26, 2012
Freiburger:
Did you read the poster first post on this thread before you started commenting?
d dude is airin his opinion not d igbo nation's opinion.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Dhelake: 12:43pm On Aug 26, 2012
Freiburger: I'm not suprised at this thread, Some Igbos are never ashamed of themselves.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Dudugirl01(f): 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2012
O my God! Another tribalistic poo! Why the hell should Ojukwu's face be on even one kobo note? He led his people to war and when things got tough, he ran away like a coward! Do u know how many fathers lost their families? On the other hand, these women,were activists and fought oppression, I think this thread should be thrashed or closed!

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by angeltt(m): 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2012
THAT Z ONE OF NIGERIAN SYSTEM. NOT WILLING TO RECOGNIZE THE IGBOS
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by onyeego(m): 12:47pm On Aug 26, 2012
take dat: am amazed with all this igbo internet trolls new zeal for biafranism.this same ojukwu while alive founded a political party(APGA) and contested for presidency,how many igbos voted for him rather they sold thier souls to PDP.APGA couldnt even win all the south eastern states.it shows that igbos themselves have little or no respect for the man ojukwu.rather than galvanize themselves to have a united front,hypocrites like them would ascribe all their downfall to the yorubas.the earlier you wake up from your hallucinations.
And all d yorubas in southwest voted for AD Abi? That's why the party is still active today grin
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by flexdee(m): 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2012
@ OP, why the unnecessary thread on whether OJUKWU'S face should be put on 5k note?
We all knows that the man has not done anything to deserve it, so why bothering urself? I think all you [Igbo] guys should be thinking of is how to immortalize him in all ur respective states and let's have some rest on here. PEACE
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by bjdon: 12:52pm On Aug 26, 2012
Awolow, Zik and Amadu Bello were founding fathers of the Nation, as was Herbert Macully. Murtala was an assinated head of state and Balewa an assinated PM, they all deserve to be remembered by the Nation. While I don't doubt that Ojukwu is a hero to many Ibo's, that sentiment is not shared by many others acorss the Nation. As an Edo man I see Ojukwu as one who invaded my land when no a single Ibo person had been harmed in the mid-west. I dont' share the postive sentiments to him and certainly would not support his face on the currency. However I totally understand the reverence many in the east have for him and so I wonder why the eastern states are yet to find a way to honour him

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by flexdee(m): 12:56pm On Aug 26, 2012
ichidodo: then shut d hell up, if u cannot take d heat coward anus-brained yiriba prick.

Why are you attacking everybody simply because they didn't support your cause? Nobody is here to trade words with you rather they say it as it is. You just need to keep your stup!dity to yourself and stop derailing.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Dhelake: 1:00pm On Aug 26, 2012
ichidodo: see dis ondo person claimin lagos indigenship. Oya before i open my eyes and count up to three, disappear to ure bush state. One.... Two .....
i would av been more happy if i was 4rm ondo, i can c dat u're only replyin witout undastandin d comment ... What as i wat i said gatz to do wit all dis bullshit u typed .. I cnt waste ma time exchangin words wit slowpoke like u ...
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Freiburger(m): 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2012
flexdee:

Why are you attacking everybody simply because they didn't support your cause? Nobody is here to trade words with you rather they say it as it is. You just need to keep your stup!dity to yourself and stop derailing.
The scars of the wounds from the war is still easily seen on all of them grin grin grin
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by takedat(m): 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2012
onye ego:
And all d yorubas in southwest voted for AD Abi? That's why the party is still active today grin
yes AD won all the states in the south west plus obasanjo is a yoruba man.most members of AD are now in ACN
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Dhelake: 1:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
bjdon: Awolow, Zik and Amadu Bello were founding fathers of the Nation, as was Herbert Macully. Murtala was an assinated head of state and Balewa an assinated PM, they all deserve to be remembered by the Nation. While I don't doubt that Ojukwu is a hero to many Ibo's, that sentiment is not shared by many others acorss the Nation. As an Edo man I see Ojukwu as one who invaded my land when no a single Ibo person had been harmed in the mid-west. I dont' share the postive sentiments to him and certainly would not support his face on the currency. However I totally understand the reverence many in the east have for him and so I wonder why the eastern states are yet to find a way to honour him
Gbam!!!
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Dhelake: 1:08pm On Aug 26, 2012
he also contested 4 a senatorial seat in d 80's, he didnt win ... No biafra state had deem it fit to honour him
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Sxsells: 1:37pm On Aug 26, 2012
Because he had very big eye balls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Falana: Border Closure And Hate Speech Bill Are Illegal / FG Declares October 1 Public Holiday To Mark 60th Independence Anniversary / Patience Jonathan To Drag EFCC To West African Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.