Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? (14081 Views)

You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni / See The Face On The New N20 Note [photo] / Justification For The N5000 Conditional Cash Transfer Program (CCTP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by InfoDemo(m): 8:15am On Aug 26, 2012
Lost battle... Agitating for irrelevant things... Only ibos clamouring for 2015, Biafra for November 15 and now Ojukwo face for meaningless #5k note... I tired for nna Oº°˚˚°ºh!

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by onyeego(m): 8:17am On Aug 26, 2012
There must be something about d MAN OJUKWU, anytime his name is mentioned some people poo in their pant grin
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by davidif: 8:19am On Aug 26, 2012
Spidyy:
Yourbas still haven't answered my question: Major Gen.Aguiyi Ironsi was exectued in a merciless coup along side Lt conel Fajuyi now let's not forget the hausas staged a counter coup because corrupt Ahmahdu Bello and Tafawa belewa were killed and not because of the interest of the first republic. WHAT DID THE YORUBAS DO? ANS: Nothing!

Gown took over forcefully when Bridagier Ogundikpe was meant to take over WHAT DID THE YORUBAS DO? Ans: Betray the Igbo people (Awolowo). WHAT DID THE IGBOS DO? Ans: Fight! Just a question.

WOW!!! What stupid reasoning! maybe we are not violent warmongers like you who cannot solve conflict with dialogue and reasoning but always thinking about fighting and you wonder why some people in the rest of the world watch the fighting in Africa on CNN and BBC and call Africans savages who have not evolved. Ask all the igbo people who lost family and loved ones in a war that they lost (and a war that could have been avoided) if all that sacrifice was worth it.

Boy, i hate it when people like playing the victim and complaining that other people are not having enough sympathy for there people, (oh, woe is me, look what my people have suffered, look what happened to my ancestors before i was born, blah, blah, blah)

6 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by SamAfrik(m): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2012
Then Hitler's face shd be on every German note. Cos they share similarities (my opinion).
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Olayexy: 8:23am On Aug 26, 2012
If you guys want it or not,the new 5000note will be distrubed to the nation,and when people started spending the money,you may just keep watching them.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ichidodo: 8:24am On Aug 26, 2012
Dhelake: yes , ojukwu didnt lose any dime ... Buh d silly ibo nation lost many lifez
lives necessary for d present igbo generation to survive,thrive and take over your economic rights. We would gladly sacrifice our lives for d survival of our children unlike your tribe of gbomo-gbomo,paedophiles and cowards.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Dhelake: 8:27am On Aug 26, 2012
berem: this topic is not suppose to make the front page.the poster knows that people will definitely throw insults on ojukwu.U know very well that Ojukwu's face can never be on a naira note so why bring the topic in the first place.if we igbos want to honour Ojukwu we will do it in igbo land where he will be greatly honoured.a yoruba or hausa man can never honour Ojukwu cos he means nothing to them.so celebrating Ojukwu as a national hero is a waste of time.and those insulting Ojukwu I guess you dunno what it takes to be a biafran hero.
i luv ur post buh ur last sentence is funny ... We all knw wat it takes to be a biafran hero ... By wastin d lifes of fellow biafrans?
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by onyeego(m): 8:27am On Aug 26, 2012
If u want to make FRONT page in NL, make it an Igbo issue.
I just observed that topics concerning d Igbos have never made 2nd page smiley And some goats here will still say that nothing is UNIQUE about Ndi-Igbo undecided
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Antho4lyf(m): 8:28am On Aug 26, 2012
I waka pass
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by collins123(m): 8:28am On Aug 26, 2012
@OP how does this affect the price of Garri for *obalende*?
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by MrGlobe(m): 8:30am On Aug 26, 2012
Toktee: The face of a war criminal on nigerian currency,dat means osama bin ladin and charles taylor wil soon be on the currency
when will you lots learn to keep shut. what are people like Murtala Muhammed and the coward and felon awo doing on the Naira note. What did they contribute to Nigeria. If those crooks can get their ugly faces on the Naira note then a more respectable person internationally in the person of ojukwu should be honored with a higher denomination as a sign of respect to his people at least until the cessoit called Nigeria is divided or the nation should be disintegrated in essence.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by MrGlobe(m): 8:32am On Aug 26, 2012
collins123: @OP how does this affect the price of Garri for *obalende*?
very stale. I don't care about the price of garri but a 5000 note will sure increase the price of garri. lol
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by onyeego(m): 8:33am On Aug 26, 2012
Olayexy: If you guys want it or not,the new 5000note will be distrubed to the nation,and when people started spending the money,you may just keep watching them.
this ur grammer don detonate three bombs for Abuja grin grin grin
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by garba(m): 8:37am On Aug 26, 2012
does treason make one a hero? How can the biggest traitor in our history be honoured as such...? This is absurd
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by MrGlobe(m): 8:38am On Aug 26, 2012
onye ego: There must be something about d MAN OJUKWU, anytime his name is mentioned some people poo in their pant grin
I Tire oh. I didn't even know that this my 2 cents will even make the homepage. The essence of my post was to state that the National Assembly should debate whoever should have their faces on Naira notes not a mallam that does not know his right from his left. This thread is the same as the agitation for igbo presidency.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by MrGlobe(m): 8:43am On Aug 26, 2012
garba: does treason make one a hero? How can the biggest traitor in our history be honoured as such...? This is absurd
what treason. The people he represents wants to quit this shytehole of a nation too and so far as they remain a part of Nigeria against their will the right thing must be done always
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 26, 2012
Dhelake: i luv ur post buh ur last sentence is funny ... We all knw wat it takes to be a biafran hero ... By wastin d lifes of fellow biafrans?
whenever there is a war,there must be casualties.if u think he wasted life of biafrans we igbos don't see it that way. Ojukwu fought to liberate the sufferings of the igbos and we will ever be grateful for that.we don't need nigeria to honour him.we igbos will honour him cos he is a biafran hero.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by MrGlobe(m): 8:47am On Aug 26, 2012
musty1987: ojukwu was nt a Nigerian, he was a biafran. honesty that ape looking guy can never b on naija note.
still looks better than your father, awo, Tinubu and obasanjo
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ibnjarir(m): 8:49am On Aug 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Why The Choice Of Faces On The N5000 Inflationary Note And Not Ojukwu

I don't support that N5000 note one bit. It's illogical. There was basically no reason for it and it was not done to improve the economy, just for some selfish reasons by mallam. However if the government must have its way, why wasn't ojukwu honored with that. Why would people like Murtala Muhammed and Awolowo have their corny faces on the Naira note and not Ojukwu. Am yet to know the relevance of the women proposed and their popularity in Nigeria. Also, I think the National Assembly should have powers to debate issues like this before it is implemented. CBN is not a private organization. I rest my case
. Onya igbo take am easy nw!
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ichidodo: 8:49am On Aug 26, 2012
davidif:

WOW!!! What stupid reasoning! maybe we are not violent warmongers like you who cannot solve conflict with dialogue and reasoning but always thinking about fighting and you wonder why some people in the rest of the world watch the fighting in Africa on CNN and BBC and call Africans savages who have not evolved. Ask all the igbo people who lost family and loved ones in a war that they lost (and a war that could have been avoided) if all that sacrifice was worth it.
Boy, i hate it when people like playing the victim and complaining that other people are not having enough sympathy for there people, (oh, woe is me, look what my people have suffered, look what happened to my ancestors before i was born, blah, blah, blah)
lol. look at this yiriba monkey excusin his tribe's cowardice for dialogue and reasonin. una tink say na una get dialogue and reasonin 4 una domot abi? tell that to the ifes and modakekes. tell that to d agberos in all towns of south-western Nigeria especially ibadan. Oya cum make we dialogue and reason while we take over eko. Eediot.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by k2039: 8:50am On Aug 26, 2012
Sprumbaba: The answer is simple. Because it is a Naira note which belongs to Nigeria. Not a Biafra Note.

GBAM
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by k2039: 8:54am On Aug 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Why The Choice Of Faces On The N5000 Inflationary Note And Not Ojukwu
I don't support that N5000 note one bit. It's illogical.

chipmunkey: Op doesn`t support the so called inflationary Note yet he would have been pleased to have Ojukwu`s face on it. What a hypocrate! wink

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by knowsir: 8:54am On Aug 26, 2012
Dis 5000naira notes is just a way of causing inflation in d country I see no basis in dat.tell d amt of coins a bus conductor can carry,d coin wld surely fiZzle out n d least amt of currency in circulation wld b 50naira.its even more expensive 2 produce coins dan produce notes so y introduce it.imagine working 4 sum1 n ur 2 b paid 15000naira n d person just counts 3notes n gives it 2 u,pschologically it has a way of affecting d person.I feel dey shld work more on dier cashless policy dan introducing more notes cus its actually contradicting d policy.d fact still remains dat Jonathan is surrounded with pple without ideas on how dis country wld develop,pple using american policies dat can't work here in naija.1)subsidy removal2)unilag-Maulag3)casssava bread4)5000naira note tell me wot we shld be expecting nxt.d way dis country is going if Jonathan continues till 2015 den dis country wld crumple.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Dhelake: 8:58am On Aug 26, 2012
ichidodo: lives necessary for d present igbo generation to survive,thrive and take over your economic rights. We would gladly sacrifice our lives for d survival of our children unlike your tribe of gbomo-gbomo,paedophiles and cowards.
....... I cnt laff ... A typical dumb igbo man .... 'gbomo gbomo, paedophiles and cowards' .. Every body knwz datz a typical igbo manz 'oriki'(traditional name) ....i cnt laff ... Dumb fellow
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by AnyibestDede(m): 8:58am On Aug 26, 2012
There is no need 4 this N5000 note @ all,,, even @ that, N2000 note is/was suppose to be in circulation before they think of N5000 note. But, if we must go back to coins, then let them make N100, N200, N500, N1000 and their N5000 coins then leave N5, N10, N20, and N50 note. Mallam is a mallam and will continue to remain a mallam. Is a pity we are in the same country with them... God help us
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ibnjarir(m): 8:59am On Aug 26, 2012
berem: whenever there is a war,there must be casualties.if u think he wasted life of biafrans we igbos don't see it that way. Ojukwu fought to liberate the sufferings of the igbos and we will ever be grateful for that.we don't need nigeria to honour him.we igbos will honour him cos he is a biafran hero.
. After wasting so many lives he was not referred 2 as a terrorist rather a biafran hero(not national shall).May be the english definition of a terrorist has changed overnight.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Dhelake: 9:01am On Aug 26, 2012
ichidodo: lol. look at this yiriba monkey excusin his tribe's cowardice for dialogue and reasonin. una tink say na una get dialogue and reasonin 4 una domot abi? tell that to the ifes and modakekes. tell that to d agberos in all towns of south-western Nigeria especially ibadan. Oya cum make we dialogue and reason while we take over eko. Eediot.
i laff in yoruba ,. Erin ee o pami .... U're talkin of takin ova lagos ... There is a phrase in yoruba ... 'abeleja yan' .. Datz wat u guyz are
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 26, 2012
ibnjarir: . After wasting so many lives he was not referred 2 as a terrorist rather a biafran hero(not national shall).May be the english definition of a terrorist has changed overnight.
if he wasted many lives what do you say about bokoharam? Can you tell me the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter? If you answer the question correctly then its of no use arguing with you.you people should leave Ojukwu alone to rest in peace.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by takedat(m): 9:15am On Aug 26, 2012
Spidyy: Yes it will be meaningless and disrespectful because the Late Dim Ojukwu (R.I.P) fought for Biafra, he fought for the Igbo people (Biafrans) not "Nigerians" thus putting his face on that 5000 naira note will definately not be acceptable we don't want his face on any Nigerian currency but we want Biafra and his face on all notes if possible.
20 naira and 10 coins? All I can do is Hahahahahaha. Oh well atleast it will be better than that condom wrap thing called 20 naira and 10 naira notes.

Yourbas still haven't answered my question: Major Gen.Aguiyi Ironsi was exectued in a merciless coup along side Lt conel Fajuyi now let's not forget the hausas staged a counter coup because corrupt Ahmahdu Bello and Tafawa belewa were killed and not because of the interest of the first republic. WHAT DID THE YORUBAS DO? ANS: Nothing!

Gown took over forcefully when Bridagier Ogundikpe was meant to take over WHAT DID THE YORUBAS DO? Ans: Betray the Igbo people (Awolowo). WHAT DID THE IGBOS DO? Ans: Fight! Just a question.
valor,honor and respect are common traits among the yorubas, so what lt.col fajuyi did was an heroic act.it will be unwise for the yorubas to carry arms and join the igbos when it was obvious that the jan 1966 coup was an igbo agenda hence the justified pogrom against them in June. Remember that the jan coup plotters murdered other top ranking yoruba officers eg shodeinde and co.since the jan coup was perpetuated by officers of igbo extraction and power was handed over to ironsi an igbo,it will be normal for hausa coup plotters to hand power to an hausa man.nevertheless ojukwu and ogundipe are both abdicators

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by k2039: 9:16am On Aug 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:

what treason. The people he represents wants to quit this shytehole of a nation too and so far as they remain a part of Nigeria against their will the right thing must be done always
We should forget about any talk of Nigeria breaking up.I see it as a loose talk from those who don’t have the interest of this country at heart.I remain a Nigerian
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by rollystone(m): 9:36am On Aug 26, 2012
With the rejection of d renaming of UNILAG after Abiola I think it would have been a welcome development to have his face on d proposed #500 note instead of those women whose contributions to d development of Nigeria are unknown.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by lightest(m): 9:43am On Aug 26, 2012
please, this is just my opinion. is Lamido Sanusi confused? He is the spending billions of naira to promote cashless economy and yet he wants to introduce 5000 naira. what for? ok may be it will be easier to stalk in their wardrobes. may God deliver us from all this monkey evils

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adelphine Ajoke Okupe Buried. Doyin Okupe Buries His Mother / Patience Jonathan To Drag EFCC To West African Court / Photos Of President Buhari At The African Union Peace Meeting In Ethiopia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.