Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? (14080 Views)

You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni / See The Face On The New N20 Note [photo] / Justification For The N5000 Conditional Cash Transfer Program (CCTP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by joephemzyz(m): 9:50am On Aug 26, 2012
ichidodo: see this eediot, where u there?! runnin your mouth,like typical cowards u yiriba fucktards are. gbegborun ! gbefila! amebo! shior!

Retardeeen ni e
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by S2kluv: 9:56am On Aug 26, 2012
Pls where is {malawian} igbo e-warrior 2 come nd expose his low IQ again on dis threat. @OP Not only Ojukwu face go dey dere, na his full picture + casket. Including all his family member. Tanks 4 reminding us. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 26, 2012
Oju-iku is a criminal,a terrorist and a blood-sucking demon.we dont want such person as a national monument. angry tongue

3 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by worldman(m): 10:02am On Aug 26, 2012
Who is ojukwu is his he a male goat or wat

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 26, 2012
SamAfrik: Then Hitler's face shd be on every German note. Cos they share similarities (my opinion).
worldman: Who is ojukwu is his he a male goat or wat

ROFLMAO
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Freiburger(m): 10:19am On Aug 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Why The Choice Of Faces On The N5000 Inflationary Note And Not Ojukwu

I don't support that N5000 note one bit. It's illogical. There was basically no reason for it and it was not done to improve the economy, just for some selfish reasons by mallam. However if the government must have its way, why wasn't ojukwu honored with that. Why would people like Murtala Muhammed and Awolowo have their corny faces on the Naira note and not Ojukwu. Am yet to know the relevance of the women proposed and their popularity in Nigeria. Also, I think the National Assembly should have powers to debate issues like this before it is implemented. CBN is not a private organization. I rest my case
What did Ojukwu contributed to that country? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Freiburger(m): 10:20am On Aug 26, 2012
20likes
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ichieakpo(m): 10:20am On Aug 26, 2012
engineerd: Cause his darn face is too UGLY. He looks like an Igbotic gorilla! Anuofia!
guy u be akpamu god punish ur generation
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Freiburger(m): 10:23am On Aug 26, 2012
I'm not suprised at this thread, Some Igbos are never ashamed of themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by godstino(m): 10:24am On Aug 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:

I don't support that N5000 note one bit. It's illogical. There was basically no reason for it and it was not done to improve the economy, just for some selfish reasons by mallam. However if the government must have its way, why wasn't ojukwu honored with that. Why would people like Murtala Muhammed and Awolowo have their corny faces on the Naira note and not Ojukwu. Am yet to know the relevance of the women proposed and their popularity in Nigeria. Also, I think the National Assembly should have powers to debate issues like this before it is implemented. CBN is not a private organization. I rest my case
abeg cut the crap! Who is ojukwu?? And what did he offer to 9ja I thought you would mention names like chief anthony enahoro and others bt instead u r commiting treason by mentioning the name of a traitor,..u must be one of those attention-craving tribal bigot...

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Freiburger(m): 10:30am On Aug 26, 2012
ichieakpo: guy u be akpamu god punish ur generation
Ojukwu don already punish your generation. grin grin
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by onyeego(m): 10:31am On Aug 26, 2012
He is a man who stood for his people, unlike some people I know who betray their people for crumbs that falls off from the Hausa/Fulani table grin
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by aryzgreat: 10:41am On Aug 26, 2012
Freiburger:
What did Ojukwu contributed to that country? undecided undecided undecided

wot did ur tribalistic awolo-awo contribute to Nigeria to waarant being on our currency if not tribalism?
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Freiburger(m): 10:46am On Aug 26, 2012
onye ego:
He is a man who stood for his people, unlike some people I know who betray their people for crumbs that falls off from the Hausa/Fulani table grin
He stood for you and not for me, so why should his coward face be placed on the currency i use? angry
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 26, 2012
Ojukwu's face on "Nigerian" currency? Over my dead body!
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Freiburger(m): 10:51am On Aug 26, 2012
aryzgreat:

wot did ur tribalistic awolo-awo contribute to Nigeria to waarant being on our currency if not tribalism?
i'm not here to discuss tribalism, but i won't spare a word if the need arises, are there any people more tribalistic in that country than the Ibos?
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by lacasa: 10:53am On Aug 26, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Since when does warlord become relevant to our country?

Very soon you will ask for Tompolo, Asari Dokubo face on our note.

He is a warlord if you differ with my opinion you can tell me what he was to Nigeria?

grin grin grin

So​ On-point
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by onyeego(m): 10:54am On Aug 26, 2012
Freiburger:
He stood for you and not for me, so why should his coward face be placed in the currency i use? angry
If u guys can be against honoring ur hero with Unilag, I now see the reason why Ojukwu should not be in the currency grin grin grin
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by valicious1(m): 10:59am On Aug 26, 2012
musty1987: ojukwu was nt a Nigerian, he was a biafran. honesty that ape looking guy can never b on naija note.
You de craze! Ojukwu is more handsome than awolowo, obj & bello put together & am also sure he s prettier dan ur fat ass mama in ur villa. Fool!
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by gabriel74: 11:01am On Aug 26, 2012
Sirniyeh: Frankly speaking, N5000 note is not a problem neither is it a solution to naija economic melt down. But what I sincerely disagree with is introduction of N10 and N20 coins. Wahalahi, problem go dey! Because of the coin, the least okada drop will be N50. Sometimes you have N20 into 10 making N200 in your pocket and nobody will know how much you carry. But now with coin, i cant just imagine the wahala wey go gash. May God help us in naija

i Agree with you ma Broda..It really sad to hear this. the fact is none of those top rich men will ever hold N10 or N20 with them but only the poor
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by olabiz2010: 11:01am On Aug 26, 2012
Sirniyeh: Frankly speaking, N5000 note is not a problem neither is it a solution to naija economic melt down. But what I sincerely disagree with is introduction of N10 and N20 coins. Wahalahi, problem go dey! Because of the coin, the least okada drop will be N50. Sometimes you have N20 into 10 making N200 in your pocket and nobody will know how much you carry. But now with coin, i cant just imagine the wahala wey go gash. May God help us in naija
. I strongly disagree with you dude, go to most of advanced country(US and co) and see how their currency look like,even most neighbouring countries spend coins with ease, common Beinin Republic still have 500cfa, 250, 200, 100, 50 etc, and their economy is getting better day by day. Our problem in this country is our leaders, they are full of corruption from head to toe, fighting for their pocket alone. As for Ojukwu, i reserve my comment
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Frenchkiss(m): 11:03am On Aug 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Why Not Ojukwu's
Face On The N5000
Proposed Note?
The same question I've been asking my self. Why is Onukwu's face and behind not on the the proposed N5000 note and coins? SMH!
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by avalontony(m): 11:19am On Aug 26, 2012
what difference does it make if the put a monkeys or a gorrillas face on the note? they just made looting easier!!!! but all i know is that GOD is watching from a distance.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by takedat(m): 11:31am On Aug 26, 2012
there is a big cooking pot that the yorubas call agbari ojukwu.ojukwus head is too big to have it on the 5000naira

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ichidodo: 11:36am On Aug 26, 2012
Dhelake: ....... I cnt laff ... A typical dumb igbo man .... 'gbomo gbomo, paedophiles and cowards' .. Every body knwz datz a typical igbo manz 'oriki'(traditional name) ....i cnt laff ... Dumb fellow
better a dumb igbo man than a cowardly yiriba man-biaatch
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ichidodo: 11:39am On Aug 26, 2012
joephemzyz:

Retardeeen ni e
OLORIBURUKU NI E . YIRIBA PRICK.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:43am On Aug 26, 2012
amosy007: ojukwu fought for biafra not nigeria.. He never did anytin in d interest of nigeria instead he fought against nigeria interest so why should he be on nigeria currency?

If mandela had fought for the blacks alone and not the unity of black & white in southafrica, would southafrica be what it is today?

[b]if ojukwu had won d war, will nigeria still be existing today?

[/b]Ojukwu is a biafra warlord and it will remain that way until naija seize to exist.
simple

^^^On the bolded: wouldn't that be a good thing? Imagine the millions of lifes we've lost since the 70's to senseless ethnic/religious violence, preventable and curable illnesses, armed robbery, preventable disasters like floods in our unplanned chaotic cities, deaths from bad roads and rickety vehicles, suicides, etc-etc-etc.

You say Ojukwu never did anything in the interest of Nigeria? What was the Aburi accord then?....a document which many have said we should revisit as a basis for a strong workable nation.

Talking of Ojukwu fighting against Nigerias' interests: he had Nigerias interest at heart.....it's the likes of 'you know who' that had (and still have till today) their sectional interest at heart which they equate to Nigerias' interest as per 'na we own Nigeria'.

I'm Igbo, but can tell you that we all need to be honest with ourselves and admit that if we can't come together as responsible God-fearing adults and live together peacfully in a country where fairness and hardwork are our core values, then we have no business staying together just for the heck of it and to satisfy a few greedy elites milking the country dry.

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by livewire77: 11:45am On Aug 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Well too bad if we have a cashless policy in place why the introduction of 5k note? Tot CBN should be more concerened about the cashless Nigeria success than a new currency intro. For Ojukwu, well I think all eastern states should immortalise him in their own respective way,
He obviously didn't do anything for Nigeria he only got Nigeria to spend money on a useless War yet in the spirit of one Nigeria, he was given a state burial. A War lord on our currency? This is one of the reasons other tribes don't want an ibo man as presido, they are greedy and selfcentred.am not a tribalist but only trying to draw my point.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Freiburger(m): 11:46am On Aug 26, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^On the bolded: wouldn't that be a good thing? Imagine the millions of lifes we've lost since the 70's to senseless ethnic/religious violence, preventable and curable illnesses, armed robbery, preventable disasters like floods in our unplanned chaotic cities, deaths from bad roads and rickety vehicles, suicides, etc-etc-etc.

You say Ojukwu never did anything in the interest of Nigeria? What was the Aburi accord then?....a document which many have said we should revisit as a basis for a strong workable nation.

Talking of Ojukwu fighting against Nigerias' interests: he had Nigerias interest at heart.....it's the likes of 'you know who' that had (and still have till today) their sectional interest at heart which they equate to Nigerias' interest as per 'na we own Nigeria'.

I'm Igbo, but can tell you that we all need to be honest with ourselves and admit that if we can't come together as responsible God-fearing adults and live together peacfully in a country where fairness and hardwork are our core values, then we have no business staying together just for the heck of it and to satisfy a few greedy elites milking the country dry.

I cant get any of your point from the whole write up.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ichidodo: 11:46am On Aug 26, 2012
S2kluv: Pls where is {malawian} igbo e-warrior 2 come nd expose his low IQ again on dis threat. @OP Not only Ojukwu face go dey dere, na his full picture + casket. Including all his family member. Tanks 4 reminding us. Nonsense
because op no call ure papa name, u cam dey vex ni? Oya go hug transfomer.Yam-head.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Freiburger(m): 11:48am On Aug 26, 2012
livewire77:
Well too bad if we have a cashless policy in place why the introduction of 5k note? Tot CBN should be more concerened about the cashless Nigeria success than a new currency intro. For Ojukwu, well I think all eastern states should immortalise him in their own respective way,
He obviously didn't do anything for Nigeria he only got Nigeria to spend money on a useless War yet in the spirit of one Nigeria, he was given a state burial. A War lord on our currency? This is one of the reasons other tribes don't want an ibo man as presido, they are greedy and selfcentred.am not a tribalist but only trying to draw my point.
5Likes
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:49am On Aug 26, 2012
Freiburger:
I cant get any of your point from the whole write up.

^^^Remove the ethnic/sectional/Igbo-hating tinted glasses you have on and try reading it again.

Cheers. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reps Query Nimasa Over Payment Of $326m Into Tompolo's Firm / Shehu Sani Speaks Against APC Indirect Primaries / INEC: No Going Back On Electronic Transmission Of Poll Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.