Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? (14082 Views)

You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni / See The Face On The New N20 Note [photo] / Justification For The N5000 Conditional Cash Transfer Program (CCTP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by takedat(m): 5:57am On Aug 26, 2012
ayox2003:

Chill now, Nov 5 is around the corner.

Ojukwu would be on ALL Biafran currencies. tongue

SMH.

Frawzey
the earlier you wake up fro your horrific dream.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by lagcity(m): 6:07am On Aug 26, 2012
ojuku killed more than a million ibos before running away some decades ago. now you want to put him on currency. Mr OP, r u out of your fvcking mind?

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by dayokanu(m): 6:24am On Aug 26, 2012
Soon you would ask why not clifford Orji on statue of Liberty

5 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by jamil2(m): 6:25am On Aug 26, 2012
His face will show on 10,000 note no worry that is plan. Hope it will be better.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ichidodo: 6:26am On Aug 26, 2012
Ufeolorun: Another petty thread,by the way there's one here https://www.nairaland.com/1027995/post-civil-war-indigenization-policy-far-reaching/2 join the victims-convention
Shior
GO ! TO! HELL!
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by musty1987(m): 6:30am On Aug 26, 2012
ojukwu was nt a Nigerian, he was a biafran. honesty that ape looking guy can never b on naija note.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ichidodo: 6:35am On Aug 26, 2012
oyb: well since they say he fled biafra dressed as a woman. . . you could always put him replace marget ekpo with ojukwu in drag
left biafra in a biafran transport plane to ivory coast but not dressed as a woman,you moose,yiriba,person$ !
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by mmmustapha(m): 6:41am On Aug 26, 2012
Can u guys tell us wat he contributed 2 d development of dis Nation? Ojuku is a criminal not hero, only heroes dserve 2 b immortalise not dat bloody murderer,vampire, international criminal, Rest in hell.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by ichidodo: 6:41am On Aug 26, 2012
lagcity: ojuku killed more than a million ibos before running away some decades ago. now you want to put him on currency. Mr OP, r u out of your fvcking mind?
see this eediot, where u there?! runnin your mouth,like typical cowards u yiriba fucktards are. gbegborun ! gbefila! amebo! shior!
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Toktee(m): 7:00am On Aug 26, 2012
The face of a war criminal on nigerian currency,dat means osama bin ladin and charles taylor wil soon be on the currency

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Tadup: 7:04am On Aug 26, 2012
Many people prefer TB Joshua's face!
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 26, 2012
this topic is not suppose to make the front page.the poster knows that people will definitely throw insults on ojukwu.U know very well that Ojukwu's face can never be on a naira note so why bring the topic in the first place.if we igbos want to honour Ojukwu we will do it in igbo land where he will be greatly honoured.a yoruba or hausa man can never honour Ojukwu cos he means nothing to them.so celebrating Ojukwu as a national hero is a waste of time.and those insulting Ojukwu I guess you dunno what it takes to be a biafran hero.

8 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Sprumbaba: 7:19am On Aug 26, 2012
The answer is simple. Because it is a Naira note which belongs to Nigeria. Not a Biafra Note.

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 26, 2012
Op doesn`t support the so called inflationary Note yet he would have been pleased to have Ojukwu`s face on it. What a hypocrate! wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by amosy007: 7:30am On Aug 26, 2012
ojukwu fought for biafra not nigeria.. He never did anytin in d interest of nigeria instead he fought against nigeria interest so why should he be on nigeria currency?

If mandela had fought for the blacks alone and not the unity of black & white in southafrica, would southafrica be what it is today?

if ojukwu had won d war, will nigeria still be existing today?

Ojukwu is a biafra warlord and it will remain that way until naija seize to exist.
simple

4 Likes

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by MosD: 7:31am On Aug 26, 2012
I'm very much against d 5k note as well. But just to ask, for those agitating for ojukwu's face on a naira note, can one of u just educate me on what he did for national development?
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Librate(m): 7:32am On Aug 26, 2012
Goin by undstandin

d currency hosts Intelectuals of d nation like Alvan Ikoku. Ladi kwale, Tafewa balewa, zik of Afrika

wat has ciroma n isong gat 2 do wit 1000note eh?

Dose heroines re dey nt beta dan dem
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by crisycent: 7:43am On Aug 26, 2012
Ojukwu is not worth it! I have said the best picture to have on the 5000note is the picture of an animal....maybe a chicken.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by chucky234(m): 7:44am On Aug 26, 2012
I think the Naira notes should printed without anyone's face on it because none of those goons worth being honoured not even Ojukwu,for God sake Naira note is not a celebrity magazine that anyone can grace its back pages.
Sanusi should be very careful with his plagiarised policies,he has ended up crippling the banking sector and want to destroy the value of the Naira as well.
God will surely punish who ever toy with this nation,they will surely reap all they sow.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Spidyy: 7:47am On Aug 26, 2012
belovedaja: Ojukwu is a biafra hero and they know that nigeria will soon cease to exist. It will be meaningless doing that
Yes it will be meaningless and disrespectful because the Late Dim Ojukwu (R.I.P) fought for Biafra, he fought for the Igbo people (Biafrans) not "Nigerians" thus putting his face on that 5000 naira note will definately not be acceptable we don't want his face on any Nigerian currency but we want Biafra and his face on all notes if possible.
20 naira and 10 coins? All I can do is Hahahahahaha. Oh well atleast it will be better than that condom wrap thing called 20 naira and 10 naira notes.

Yourbas still haven't answered my question: Major Gen.Aguiyi Ironsi was exectued in a merciless coup along side Lt conel Fajuyi now let's not forget the hausas staged a counter coup because corrupt Ahmahdu Bello and Tafawa belewa were killed and not because of the interest of the first republic. WHAT DID THE YORUBAS DO? ANS: Nothing!

Gown took over forcefully when Bridagier Ogundikpe was meant to take over WHAT DID THE YORUBAS DO? Ans: Betray the Igbo people (Awolowo). WHAT DID THE IGBOS DO? Ans: Fight! Just a question.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by davidif: 7:47am On Aug 26, 2012
What? put the face of a traitor of the Federal republic on a national monument of the same country he tried to split apart? Really?? boy, the reasoning of some people self, na wa o.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by hardbody: 7:57am On Aug 26, 2012
tpapi: jtf is anxiously waitin 2 treat som pple fk up

If the buffoooons were to be that good, why are they being humbled and humiliated everyday by a rag tag illiterate Boko Haram. Just shut da Phok up and swallow your bitterness Eejiot
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Spidyy: 7:59am On Aug 26, 2012
davidif: What? put the face of a traitor of the Federal republic on a national monument of the same country he tried to split apart? Really?? boy, the reasoning of some people self, na wa o.
Traitor? Go back to your federal repbulic's history and May God deliver you from Ignorance, wrong information and negative Knowlegde.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Dhelake: 8:01am On Aug 26, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Ojukwu did not lose any dime in the war but you and the enemies of Ojukwu all lost! Nigeria lost!

Ojukwu was buried with full military honors. so tell me how He lost it.

We are witness to the ever reoccurring shiottt Ojukwu tried to correct decades ago but due to lack of slowness, daftness and backstabbing from you f00ls we are in a dungeon call Nigeria!

Some people go dey slowly die everyday mere looking at him abi dem go reject the money say because of say na Ojukwu face.

yes , ojukwu didnt lose any dime ... Buh d silly ibo nation lost many lifez

1 Like

Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by abohogbole: 8:02am On Aug 26, 2012
Some biased thinking more crude than that of the early stone age. Murtala and awolowo never commited treason by trying to split the country. That's why they are on nigeria's currency. Ojukwo would have been shot for that but the country pardoned him. That was not enough for ur little thinking and u sit and say he deserves to be on naira. U So biased. Smh. Don't u have azikiwe on naira already? Smh. Mtchewww. Biased
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Noiseless2: 8:03am On Aug 26, 2012
Why would you like want IKEMBA'S image to be on that by the way whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy and whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Mr. Globe:
Why The Choice Of Faces On The N5000 Inflationary Note And Not Ojukwu

I don't support that N5000 note one bit. It's illogical. There was basically no reason for it and it was not done to improve the economy, just for some selfish reasons by mallam. However if the government must have its way, why wasn't ojukwu honored with that. Why would people like Murtala Muhammed and Awolowo have their corny faces on the Naira note and not Ojukwu. Am yet to know the relevance of the women proposed and their popularity in Nigeria. Also, I think the National Assembly should have powers to debate issues like this before it is implemented. CBN is not a private organization. I rest my case
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by Spidyy: 8:07am On Aug 26, 2012
Spidyy: Yes it will be meaningless and disrespectful because the Late Dim Ojukwu (R.I.P) fought for Biafra, he fought for the Igbo people (Biafrans) not "Nigerians" thus putting his face on that 5000 naira note will definately not be acceptable we don't want his face on any Nigerian currency but we want Biafra and his face on all notes if possible.
20 naira and 10 coins? All I can do is Hahahahahaha. Oh well atleast it will be better than that condom wrap thing called 20 naira and 10 naira notes.

Yourbas still haven't answered my question: Major Gen.Aguiyi Ironsi was exectued in a merciless coup along side Lt conel Fajuyi now let's not forget the hausas staged a counter coup because corrupt Ahmahdu Bello and Tafawa belewa were killed and not because of the interest of the first republic. WHAT DID THE YORUBAS DO? ANS: Nothing!

Gown took over forcefully when Bridagier Ogundikpe was meant to take over WHAT DID THE YORUBAS DO? Ans: Betray the Igbo people (Awolowo). WHAT DID THE IGBOS DO? Ans: Fight! Just a question.
I pity the yourba people. SHAME!! Hide your faces in btw your asses.
Re: Why Not Ojukwu's Face On The N5000 Proposed Note? by hardbody: 8:12am On Aug 26, 2012
berem: this topic is not suppose to make the front page.the poster knows that people will definitely throw insults on ojukwu.U know very well that Ojukwu's face can never be on a naira note so why bring the topic in the first place.if we igbos want to honour Ojukwu we will do it in igbo land where he will be greatly honoured.a yoruba or hausa man can never honour Ojukwu cos he means nothing to them.so celebrating Ojukwu as a national hero is a waste of time.and those insulting Ojukwu I guess you dunno what it takes to be a biafran hero.

Ojukwu minced no words in dissociating himself from the contraption called Nigeria. I am certain if the dead were to be conscious of anything, he will not even have accepted the silly military right accorded him in death.

And for those mouthing him, the truth is that the entire Yoruba race is beneath the Ojukwu clan. First graduate in military in Nigeria. Oxford trained? From a very rich background? A beg Yiriba eediots should all shut up. Fwools.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adelphine Ajoke Okupe Buried. Doyin Okupe Buries His Mother / Patience Jonathan To Drag EFCC To West African Court / Photos Of President Buhari At The African Union Peace Meeting In Ethiopia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.