Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers (18147 Views)

Face10: An Alternative Facebook App For All Blackberry 10 Users And Others / Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users / "-" E-series Zone "-" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by funkybaby(f): 2:11pm On Feb 08, 2008
@longone
Speaking of phones, n95 has all the functions of the n82 you listed above. It has flash as well though am not sure if its zenon flash. But who cares, its got superb picture quality-even at night.

@infobaba and dual core
Please do you guys know if there are gps maps of major nigerian cities? If yes,can you please post the software here? I would like to install it on my phone.Thanks.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by DualCore1: 2:49pm On Feb 08, 2008
@Funkybabe
i really doubt the possibility of there being such maps. i'll still check sha.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by LongOne1(m): 2:50pm On Feb 08, 2008
@ funkybaby
But thats the whole point, the picture quality rivals that of the sony ericson k850 and is much better than the N95. Dont mind me, jus not sure of which to buy yet, Trying to convince myself. Thanx a million anyway, really appreciate it.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by funkybaby(f): 3:07pm On Feb 08, 2008
@longone
You are welcome.

You are confused on which of the two phones to settle for? Thats the problem when person get too much money. :d You said the n82 is damn ugly? Wetin you wan take ugly phone do?

@dual core
Thank you.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by LongOne1(m): 6:03pm On Feb 08, 2008
funkybaby:

@longone
You are welcome.

You are confused on which of the two phones to settle for? Thats the problem when person get too much money. :d You said the n82 is damn ugly? Wetin you wan take ugly phone do?

Amen O grin grin
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by naijafan(m): 12:34pm On Feb 09, 2008
Long One:

@ funkybaby
But thats the whole point, the picture quality rivals that of the sony ericson k850 and is much better than the N95. Dont mind me, jus not sure of which to buy yet, Trying to convince myself. Thanx a million anyway, really appreciate it.

FYI K850's picture quality is crappy compared to N95. . . check here http://www.gsmarena.com/grand_five_megapixel_shootout-review-206.php
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by funkybaby(f): 7:01am On Feb 11, 2008
@dualcore
Please any luck with the naija maps software? Thanks
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by DualCore1: 8:54am On Feb 11, 2008
funkybaby:

@dualcore
Please any luck with the naija maps software? Thanks

i don't know how helpful this would be but here, check this www[dot]ceaser-web[dot]com
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by MrInfo1(m): 8:56am On Feb 11, 2008
Dual Core:

http://www./

ShiT haPPens
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by topeteadr(m): 9:01am On Feb 11, 2008
Lol yeah. . . SHIT HAPPENS.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by Chetenna: 1:01pm On Feb 14, 2008
I'm having problems with the GPS feature in my Nokia N95 8Gb. Do you need to be connected to the wifi before using the Navigation tool? In short, how do I use the navigation tool? Help!
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by zicco84(m): 9:48am On Feb 18, 2008
Hey Bimbor,
Wassup wat do think of an N80? What applications can i get from you? Cheers man.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by naijafan(m): 11:58am On Feb 19, 2008
at mobile world congress held recently in barcelona, Nokia announced 4 new devices, all s60 3rd edition.

one of the devices, the N96 is a real killer.

UI: S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2
Phone Memory: 16GB
Memory card slot: Included (MicroSDHC)
Screen size: 2.8 inches (same as N95 8GB)
5MP camera with dual led flash (can be used for video recording)
Has Digital TV reciever (not useful in this part of the world tho grin)
Dual slider with dedicated gaming keys like the N81.
Can be operated horizontally at both 90 degrees or 270 degrees wichever is convinient for the user
The missin infrared port on the N82 is back in the N96 - makes it a trully comprehensive communications gadget (all methods of communication in one device, except paper based of course cool)

more and more features. . . cant keep listing wink y'all can check gsmarena.com for more details jare.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by funkybaby(f): 5:04pm On Feb 20, 2008
Dual Core:

i don't know how helpful this would be but here, check this www[dot]ceaser-web[dot]com

thanks. i just checked out the site. they are asking me to buy the maps. rubbish.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by bimbor(m): 7:50pm On Feb 22, 2008
N96 is great with lofty features but i'm sure d price of N95 will now fall judging by d arrival of another supermodel, I still stick to my N95 any day cos Nokia really put so much efforts into dat device both in looks and performance! N95 all d way.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by tobs(m): 8:10pm On Feb 22, 2008
every conner of this fone section is N-something sha. . . . .S.E k300i also av does features u guys are talking about. . . .(customized one) grin
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by DualCore1: 9:12pm On Feb 22, 2008
funkybaby:

thanks. i just checked out the site. they are asking me to buy the maps. rubbish.

Kai!! na me be this? i don die, na me funkybabe call rubbish or na the site, or na both of us? angry
kai! shay na because i no be fabulous, abi? undecided
in short, make i no just talk, wink
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by funkybaby(f): 10:21pm On Feb 22, 2008
@dualcore

Lol. Sorry honey, i was not referring to you. Haba, mighty dualcore - mi to be ! na the site oh. Lol.

@N95 users
Anyone got softwares and applications to share?
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by DualCore1: 10:30pm On Feb 22, 2008
funkybaby:

@dualcore
Sorry honey,
omg, somebody catch me, i'm fainting, fab shouldn't see this. damn i knew i waz better than him, hehe.

umm. . . goto www.dotsis.com or www.gsm0.com for ya apps
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by funkybaby(f): 12:42am On Feb 23, 2008
@dualcore
Lol, Dont worry you will be fine. You are better than fab?? Drop some lines at the rap battle thread so that i can judge, Lol

Thank you for the websites. I hope i wont be asked to pay money there oh like the nigerian gps map site.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by ACL(m): 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2008
HELP

My N91 8GB fell into water and dont know what to do?
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by DualCore1: 10:23pm On Feb 23, 2008
rough play

ACL:

don't know what to do?

Tell ya Bf, there's more where that came from. grin
Caution: chose the best time to tell him o, cUz u're on ur own if anything happen.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by naijafan(m): 11:04pm On Feb 23, 2008
@ACL
i guess the best time to tell him is wen somethn is inside somethn. dont get me wrong grin

@others
anyone out there using the N95-1 and thinking its somethn, must be dreaming real bad.

N95-3 and N95-8GB both rock. performance-wise. N95-1 is just a party of bugs (both hardware and software).
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by funkybaby(f): 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2008
@naijafan

Whats the difference between 'N95-1' and 'N95-3' ?

To the best of my knowledge, there are only two N95s in the market. N95 and N95 8gb. Regarding the software and hardware issues you mentioned, i am yet to come across a N95 user including yours truly who has encountered such issues.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by bimbor(m): 3:09pm On Feb 24, 2008
@funkyB thank u very much 4 pointing that out to our N82 user, naijafan i'm still surprised u dont know dat both N95-1 and N95-3 mean exactly d same thing d only difference lies with their Geographical characteristics where N95-3 was made for the USA,they are both N95 classic, the predecessor of d 8GB version which differs with only its larger internal memory and a larger battery, lacking a lens cover though. So now its ur choice u either pick up d classic n love-vendor up with an 8GB SDHC or go for the 8GB int memory version. The argument shd be N95 rocks and not the other way.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by naijafan(m): 10:23pm On Feb 24, 2008
tried submitting but a connection break made me loose it all. so might not be as indepth as the first

bimbor:

@funkyB thank u very much 4 pointing that out to our N82 user, naijafan i'm still surprised u don't know that both N95-1 and N95-3 mean exactly d same thing d only difference lies with their Geographical characteristics where N95-3 was made for the USA,they are both N95 classic, the predecessor of d 8GB version which differs with only its larger internal memory and a larger battery, lacking a lens cover though. So now its your choice u either pick up d classic n love-vendor up with an 8GB SDHC or go for the 8GB int memory version. The argument should be N95 rocks and not the other way.

N95-1 has 64MB RAM
N95-3 has 128MB RAM

N95-1's battery. 950mAH
N95-3, 1200mAH

about 2-3 firmware upgrades have been released for the N95-1. All changes come preinstalled with N95-3.

Camera application has a feature called edge-enhancement which is turned on by default. This feature makes objects taken against a contrasting background look photoshopped because of the obvious edge lines. One would think the image was cut out and placed on another background. The application was completely changed on the N95-3 to match the same one on the N82 and N95 8gb.

Music application crashes rather frequently. I think this was corrected in the 2nd firmware upgrade.

Slider mechanism improvd. N95-3 doesnt feel as loose as N95-1. not much of a diff, but could make the device feel loosely coupled and cheap. (that's me anyway).

of all the differences i mentioned (those are the ones i can readily mention), the RAM size and battery are the ones that can not be changed in a firmware upgrade tho. Read about an upgrade in the works that includes demand paging support in all versions of N95. This will allow more efficient use of the RAM and would make the N95-1 perform more like an N95-3 without demand paging wink.

na the ones wey i sabi be this jare.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by Nobody: 1:00am On Feb 25, 2008
naijafan:

na the ones wey i sabi be this jare.

Ok you don try for the day, tommorow you continue from , N95-3 without demand paging. You hear?
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by naijafan(m): 8:02am On Feb 25, 2008
info:

Ok you don try for the day, tommorow you continue from , N95-3 without demand paging. You hear?

while the N82-1 has demand paging tongue
come to think of it, how many people actually upgrade their firmware in this part of the world
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by columbus71(m): 3:29pm On Feb 25, 2008
I cant download Games or softwares/applications to my Nokia N77i why,
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by naijafan(m): 3:52pm On Feb 25, 2008
@columbus
that was vague. how are you going about ur download?
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by honsule(m): 3:57pm On Feb 25, 2008
@columbus.your phone is a china phone that is why.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by naijafan(m): 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2008
lol, i didnt notice the 'i' cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Check If Your MTN SIM Or Device Is 4G Ready / MTN: Unlimited Download Doesnt Work Again / Moment A Lady Surprised Her Mum With A Brand New Phone At Her Market Place(vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.