Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers (18151 Views)

Face10: An Alternative Facebook App For All Blackberry 10 Users And Others / Blackberry Phone Becomes A Source Of Shame For Users / "-" E-series Zone "-" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by labiyemmy(m): 8:25pm On Mar 03, 2008
download Nigerian city maps on your phone from here:

http://www.ceaser-web. com/phone/

or email info@3dtechnologies.org
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by labiyemmy(m): 8:30pm On Mar 03, 2008
funkybaby -

why do u call it rubbish because they ask you to buy the maps? At least u didnt get the phone itself for free,
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by funkybaby(f): 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2008
look, my phone came with detailed maps of over 100 countries FOR FREE. So why should i pay for the maps of naija?
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 03, 2008
Because you might get astray with your waka waka inside naija soon now or later.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by labiyemmy(m): 9:16pm On Mar 03, 2008
@funkybaby

ok - sorry o - use the foreign maps then. It costs us a lot of money to make the maps and program them to work on the mobile phone - the countries you are talking about will probably have government subsidising map making - but we don't have that in Nigeria - so we have to recoup our investment in a way.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by funkybaby(f): 9:31pm On Mar 03, 2008
@info
Lol. Na your backyard i wan waka go, so i need street maps.

@labiyemmy
Ok then. You have a point there.

Have you guys thought about selling the maps to nokia or gps devices like tomtom since they have now realised the huge gsm market in naija.

Just like the partnership between Storm records and nokia phones meant for the nigerian market-there are pre-loaded naija songs on the mobile phones.

I have the maps of south africa, dunno know why nigeria should be left out.

Anyway, how much will it cost to download your maps?
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by labiyemmy(m): 9:34pm On Mar 03, 2008
Funkybaby - thanks - we are talking with them - especially Nokia - and very soon - u will see it all everywhere -

Which cities do you reside in - Get Lagos and Abuja for 5k - I will send you a link to download and install it from - by GPRS.

I have the maps on my N95 - what phone do u have?
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by funkybaby(f): 9:47pm On Mar 03, 2008
@labiyemmy

5k? What's the last price? Lol.

Am in lagos. Which specific parts of lagos do the maps cover?

I use N95 too. Make i on my bluetooth make you transfer am to me? grin
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by labiyemmy(m): 10:13pm On Mar 03, 2008
Hi funkybaby - just visit our office - then they will install for you - 46, Allen avenue - covers the whole of Lagos - and we have Abuja completely as well.

Call the office on 018975616. Tell them you spoke with the MD about phone maps - Me I am in London. They will reduce the price for u.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 03, 2008
@ funkybaby

You must pay before service
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by funkybaby(f): 10:28pm On Mar 03, 2008
@labiyemmy
Are you really the M.D? Honest?

Heya, thats really kind of you. Thanks. I'll let you know once am ready. Thanks.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by funkybaby(f): 10:37pm On Mar 03, 2008
@info
Which of the services? You kissing my feet? grin
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by labiyemmy(m): 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2008
@funkybaby.

yes I am. why will i say what I am not?
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by DualCore1: 11:36pm On Mar 03, 2008
@Funkybaby
can't get u the map of nigeria or whteva, but i sure could get u the map to ma crib cheesy . u down with that? wink
umm. . . i got to tell ya straight up its a virtual crib, hehe.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 03, 2008
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by funkybaby(f): 2:11pm On Mar 04, 2008
Dual Core:

@Funkybaby
can't get u the map of nigeria or whteva, but i sure could get u the map to ma crib cheesy . u down with that? wink
umm. . . i got to tell ya straight up its a virtual crib, hehe.

oh yeah? what are the co-ordinates? tongue
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by DualCore1: 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2008
funkybaby:

oh yeah? what are the co-ordinates? tongue

umm, tht's k1nda classified information for your eyes only so cant spill the brew on this floor. its more like a crib-for-two thingy wink
so watchu saying?
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by jahnnelly(m): 3:55pm On Mar 04, 2008
Guys, how about a nokia E65 could one compare it with an n70. Is it also a 3g phone?
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by naijafan(m): 10:29pm On Mar 04, 2008
jahnnelly:

Guys, how about a nokia E65 could one compare it with an n70. Is it also a 3g phone?

compare E65 to N70
E65's screen res is higher. 240x320 N70, 176x208
E65's got WiFi and yes, its a 3G phone - but cant be adequately used for video calls.
E65 runs on Symbian OS 9.1 N70 runs on 8.1

cool ?
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by tobs(m): 11:00pm On Mar 04, 2008
jahnnelly:

NOKIA E65 better pass N70 anytime,anyday
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by anasey(m): 9:29pm On Mar 06, 2008
To me, i prefer My N70 Phone to E65
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by naijafan(m): 12:42am On Mar 07, 2008
cos you havnt played with one, maybe
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by nazzyon(m): 1:01am On Mar 07, 2008
Arinfin ilegbe.

N70 prefered to E65

I won't say much here.

Just know this, E series phones are multipurpose.

Even, E70 beats N70 to every thing.

Amongst every Nokia product I respect every E series product.

Just try to get one to know one .
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 07, 2008
I will always prefer an N {series } to an E {series} because, E {series} are mostly produce for business class users while N {series} are for sophisticated software/multimedia phones users but em em Nokia has proved me wrong with the introduction of E51 (bad HSDPA 3.6mb compared to N73's UMTS 460.8kbs) i love you E51  cheesy
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by naijafan(m): 10:20am On Mar 07, 2008
Nobody prove you wrong. Who needs more bandwidth? Isnt it the business users?

Anyways. . . to clean up your partly misinformed point. the use of the word 'sophisticated' as regards Nseries would have been better off applied to Eseries.

Nseries is for multimedia - Games, Video, Audio, Connectivity. this explains the graphics capabilities and the numerous audio/video formats supported in recent versions.

Eseries is for business - Communication, Connectivity, Applications. This explains their usual range of connectivity options altho most of these have found their way into some Nseries, such as N95, N82, and the upcoming N78 and N96.
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 07, 2008
naijafan:

Nobody prove you wrong.
E51 did tongue (i love you E51)

naijafan:

Who needs more bandwidth?

If not me, who else ?

naijafan:

Isnt it the business users?

hell no, who no like better thing?

naijafan:

Nseries is for multimedia

multimedia/sophisticated software
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by naijafan(m): 10:59am On Mar 07, 2008
totally crap post. i dont see what point you are driving at
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 07, 2008
who no like better thing? angry
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by DualCore1: 11:23am On Mar 07, 2008
info:

who no like better thing? angry

more crap tongue
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by naijafan(m): 11:25am On Mar 07, 2008
@info
then bleeping go for wateva is betr to you and stop regurgitating your silly fantasies here
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by DualCore1: 11:47am On Mar 07, 2008
Re: Nokia N-Series Zone: For Users And Lovers by billboi(m): 2:20pm On Mar 07, 2008
Hey pple,

Help me out. I know u guys are into N series fones and all dat but I need an honest opinion here.

Which do u think I shld go 4? The N73 or the Xpress Music 5610 or the N81? I rily love the 5610 cos of the music and the look (gotta confess dat I'm a music fan, hooked on rock music) but I don't know whether it is okay to ignore the N series since u guys talk so much bout them. I need an honest opinion so I can make up my mind. Remember dat the 5610 comes wit a 1 GB card!! I would be willing to shell out roughly 45g. And remember dat video calling is essential now dat the GSM operators have launched the services.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Check If Your MTN SIM Or Device Is 4G Ready / MTN: Unlimited Download Doesnt Work Again / Moment A Lady Surprised Her Mum With A Brand New Phone At Her Market Place(vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.