Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. (1949 Views)

8 Things Guys Do That Make Ladies To Loose Respect For Them / Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? / What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 29, 2012
Over the years, we have learnt or perhaps seen what respect for husbands mean through our parents. In greetings, praises for him, kneeling down before serving him... The list is endless.

If it is eroding traditional values I wouldnt know or is it enlightenment or other things that have made this values to change in recent times in Africa. Ladies now say if my hubby cant eat noodles or wash his clothes or hers, shake hands professionaly @ home every morning then she doesnt care. Personally I have no demands of such but I hate ''disrespect'' from a lady just as the devil hates righteousness.

Ladies to what extent can u respect your husband in greeting, serving of foods etc & guys what are the things you wouldnt tolerate or would want. Share your views.
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Mynd44: 7:19am On Aug 29, 2012
Respect is a two way thing, if you are respectful, you might get it. From what you typed here, you did not mention what you are willing to do for her you just typed what she should do for you but marriage should be two-way
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 29, 2012
Oh okay... Infact the mindset with which I wrote this was some1 who is a good husband ofcourse... What else can one be except a good husband in love, honesty, loyalty & ''protection''. I just didnt put it down.

However, im just asking what respect means to us... If we still have old fashioned guys who love all those kneeling down, praises and sorts and if our ladies here can still do it or what limit they can go.
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Mynd44: 7:59am On Aug 29, 2012
Blab
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Emmy9ite(m): 8:05am On Aug 29, 2012
Respect is reciprocal dude. My wife has to be submissive to me(not by power or by muscle) but by doing the right thing. You cannot force her to respect u,u earn the respect!
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Mynd44: 8:14am On Aug 29, 2012
You have to show her respect First else you go old
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by ayobase(m): 8:19am On Aug 29, 2012
This should be in the family section.
@OP
Respect is earned, not bestowed.
And we should also bear in mind that some wives no send u....if u like dey, watch pant.....there is nothing prayer cant do!
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Mynd44: 8:23am On Aug 29, 2012
ayobase: This should be in the family section.
@OP
Respect is earned, not bestowed.
And we should also bear in mind that some wives no send u....if u like dey, watch pant.....there is nothing prayer cant do!
Wash pant? Some people on NL already do that
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by MrWaters: 8:31am On Aug 29, 2012
Mynd_44: Blab
Bad attitude
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Mynd44: 8:32am On Aug 29, 2012
MrWaters:
Bad attitude
Thanks
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 29, 2012
Mynd im sure ur among dose washing pants... Afterall hw did u know. On the contrary, u guys seem so ''veiled'' to whats happening around us. I think iv enlightened u enuf about what im saying & if u still dnt get the logic be my guest.
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Mynd44: 8:35am On Aug 29, 2012
Me wash pant? Maybe when I have a GF I will wash it for her
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 29, 2012
Mynd_44: Blab

Infact u dey always do like babe sometime.
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Mynd44: 8:41am On Aug 29, 2012
Huh?
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by timilehing(m): 8:47am On Aug 29, 2012
Mynd_44:

blab
richarts:

Infact u dey always do like babe sometime.
babe? I prefer Silly as he always said
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Mynd44: 8:49am On Aug 29, 2012
This is getting funny
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by MrWaters: 9:11am On Aug 29, 2012
Mynd_44:
Thanks
anytime
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Mynd44: 9:30am On Aug 29, 2012
MrWaters: anytime
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by JallowBah(f): 10:57am On Aug 29, 2012
I show him the same respect he shows me. Easy, and difficult.

I wash his clothes, he washes mine. He cooks, I cook. I clean, he clean. I`ll be home with the baby and he`ll be out, and the other way around.
I expect him not to flirt, not to dance close with other women, and not to spend big money withut consulting me first. ( F.ex a car, land, house, etc. )
I expect him to not cheat.
I expect him to sometimes give me water as soon as I come in the door, as I do for him.
I expect him to give me compliments without me asking. After all, his meaning is the most important.
I expect him to be a good role-model for our child. Treat your wife like you want your daughters husband to treat her later on.
I expect him to help me when I ask.

And all of this goes in return as well.

1 Like

Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 29, 2012
I wish u kud stop some crazy people from being like termites on 1s thread.
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 29, 2012
JallowBah: I show him the same respect he shows me. Easy, and difficult.

I wash his clothes, he washes mine. He cooks, I cook. I clean, he clean. I`ll be home with the baby and he`ll be out, and the other way around.
I expect him not to flirt, not to dance close with other women, and not to spend big money withut consulting me first. ( F.ex a car, land, house, etc. )
I expect him to not cheat.
I expect him to sometimes give me water as soon as I come in the door, as I do for him.
I expect him to give me compliments without me asking. After all, his meaning is the most important.
I expect him to be a good role-model for our child. Treat your wife like you want your daughters husband to treat her later on.
I expect him to help me when I ask.

And all of this goes in return as well.

Oh my gosh!... This is exactly what I dream off also... Thats what makes a man... Be an example for ur children. I dream of playing organs & guitars with my wife & kids, wash her things as she does mine. Give her meals on the bed before she wakes... I dream of heaven on earth with my family... I like to be the best husband... Im not happy being a cheat.

Infact, I am self evaluating myself already... It takes hardwork & im working on it. I wish for a woman who is ''perfect'' culturally. In morals & values... I wish I wish & I wish. Ofcourse she is in my dreams, part of my dreams.

One question I have for you, wud u still do same if ur husband were to be the type dat doesnt reciprocate such?.

1 Like

Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by JallowBah(f): 11:48am On Aug 29, 2012
richarts:

Oh my gosh!... This is exactly what I dream off also... Thats what makes a man... Be an example for ur children. I dream of playing organs & guitars with my wife & kids, wash her things as she does mine. Give her meals on the bed before she wakes... I dream of heaven on earth with my family... I like to be the best husband... Im not happy being a cheat.

Infact, I am self evaluating myself already... It takes hardwork & im working on it. I wish for a woman who is ''perfect'' culturally. In morals & values... I wish I wish & I wish. Ofcourse she is in my dreams, part of my dreams.

One question I have for you, wud u still do same if ur husband were to be the type dat doesnt reciprocate such?.

It took us time to get therewink When you are used to living alone and only thinking about yourself, you need to be able to tell each other what you like and dont like. He told me "If I tell you you are doing something I dont like, it would be important for me that you consider stopping it. And you can do the same with me." Same when it comes to things you like. And also giving credit to each other for the changes you make for your spouse..

If he didnt do the same for me, I wouldnt continue, no. There is no joy in pleasing others who dont try to please you.
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Mynd44: 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2012
This is me
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by MrsChima1(f): 12:36pm On Aug 29, 2012
It is definitely not getting a tattoo to prove my respect for him unlike some people......

Being compassionate, understanding, loyal, supportive, caring, loving, and doting affections is another way you can show respect.
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2012
I wish those majestic mods hadnt hide those posts. Nice 1 Chima... Jallowbah, means that in short: "if a husband doesnt do what he's meant to do then he doesnt deserve to be worshipped either".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been Fascinated/borderline-intimidated By An Opposite Sex?? / One Word For The Couple? / 'One Woman Can’t Satisfy A Man's Every Need' - Akon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.