Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. (1958 Views)

8 Things Guys Do That Make Ladies To Loose Respect For Them / Does "Respect My Privacy" Apply To Marriages Too? / What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Mynd44: 4:16pm On Aug 29, 2012
Those words would have driven emmy insane
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2012
Mynd_44: Those words would have driven emmy insane

''The burning cold''... Was it original from u?.
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Mynd44: 7:36pm On Aug 29, 2012
richarts:

''The burning cold''... Was it original from u?.
Yes it was. I plan to start updating it soon too
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by JallowBah(f): 7:56pm On Aug 29, 2012
richarts: I wish those majestic mods hadnt hide those posts. Nice 1 Chima... Jallowbah, means that in short: "if a husband doesnt do what he's meant to do then he doesnt deserve to be worshipped either".

No..it means; if he doestn show ME respect, and try to please me, I wont do it for him either. Two-way-thing.

And Mrc. Chima; It aint got nothing to do with tats..
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2012
Thank God dem don unban me. Na wa o. The cabals of Romance section. I comment 4 dt girl thread & dem ban me. @ Mynd nice. U write good bt ur audience shud b international as the english ws superb. E 2 much 4 me sef. @ Jallowbah r u Nigeria?.

It seem no wife dey kneel 4 hubby again. Nt dat I care bt I tot tws a part of our culture. Jst sayin.
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by MrsChima(f): 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2012
JallowBah:

No..it means; if he doestn show ME respect, and try to please me, I wont do it for him either. Two-way-thing.

And Mrc. Chima; It aint got nothing to do with tats..

Then why are you still buzzing about it
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by JallowBah(f): 8:35pm On Aug 29, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Then why are you still buzzing about it

You brought it up here..I am just responding. Thats how a forum works.
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Mynd44: 9:05pm On Aug 29, 2012
richarts: Thank God dem don unban me. Na wa o. The cabals of Romance section. I comment 4 dt girl thread & dem ban me. @ Mynd nice. U write good bt ur audience shud b international as the english ws superb. E 2 much 4 me sef. @ Jallowbah r u Nigeria?.

It seem no wife dey kneel 4 hubby again. Nt dat I care bt I tot tws a part of our culture. Jst sayin.
Thanks I try to do my best
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by avicky(f): 11:08pm On Aug 29, 2012
Respect does not mean kneeling down.
Respect means; Being submissive, not messing up/fighting in d neighbourhood, respecting his absence by not doing what u can't do in his absence, preparing his meals, not insulting him/correcting him in front of his friends or urs, doing his laundry, respect his friends/family members., amongst many others.
And when i'm disposed, he does same to me.
Respect is reciprocal and u earn it.
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by lurkee(f): 11:31pm On Aug 29, 2012
I am not sure what respect means also. It is such a general term, always thrown around to indicate whether a relationship is good or not.

"All you need is Trust and Respect"

What does respect exactly mean?

In my own shallow understanding, I think respect is about acknowledging the husband as a human being equal to you. Not superior or inferior. Equal.

This means I will not verbally abuse my husband. I will not humiliate or shame him in public. I will seek his opinion first before making major decisions. It means I will have to compromise sometimes for unity. We will always appear as 1 to family and friends. It means I will tell him when he is about to make a mistake. It is about letting him be himself and not trying to change and mould him into someone he is not. It means I will not compare him to Mr Lagbaja. It means I will try to make him happy.

Despite all this, I respect myself first. I expect the same level from respect from my husband. Any deviation and we will have problems. cool
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Mynd44: 11:37pm On Aug 29, 2012
avicky: Respect does not mean kneeling down.
Respect means; Being submissive, not messing up/fighting in d neighbourhood, respecting his absence by not doing what u can't do in his absence, preparing his meals, not insulting him/correcting him in front of his friends or urs, doing his laundry, respect his friends/family members., amongst many others.
And when i'm disposed, he does same to me.
Respect is reciprocal and u earn it.
All those are part of respect bet it does not end there.
Re: What Does Respect Your Husband Mean To You?. by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 30, 2012
Lurkee dats cool... I lov dat so deeply... @ Mynd share ur tots... U knw why im interestd in ds subject?... I just want to knw if our ladies in present times can still do all dose things our mothers used to do for our fathers... Nt in terms of necessity but in terms of ''if'' they would still.

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Word For The Couple? / Why Do Guys Like Holding "Their Thing" / 'One Woman Can’t Satisfy A Man's Every Need' - Akon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.