Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (754843 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2013
Hello jenny, i have a lot of questions and i hope you get the time to look through my questions and answer them all. I am a graduate of engineering and my fiance is a graduate of comp. Science. I am planning to move to australia with her though we ain't yet married. I am qualified for a masters in australia but considering the cost i decided to start with a diploma. Now, my questions are....... 1) will my supposed wife have to do IELTS too? 2) I understand that there will have to be an additional money on the sponsor's account if i am travelling with a spouse,If we have all d money required in my sponsor's account, can travelling with a spouse have any effect and/or hinder granting visa? 3)I understand that the visa application fee is around 575 dollars, will it change if one is travelling with a spouse and what's the cost of medicals for two people and d cost of VHS service? 4) we are planning to have the marriage certificate ready(get married) prior to visa application- say like a month. Is that allowed? 5)Is it a fine idea to travel with someone when you are going for the first time? Would it not be difficult? 6)My fiance has her father's name on her passport, will it be necessary to obtain a new passport that bears my name having been married or the marriage certificate can cover for all that? Your response to all my questions will really be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 15, 2013
@oke

Sure I will answer when I get back from work.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by efosa12345(m): 7:46am On Jan 15, 2013
Am interested in the answer to most of the questions there expecially on the part of IELT examz if it is compulsory for nigeria students
jennykadry: @oke

Sure I will answer when I get back from work.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 9:19am On Jan 15, 2013
One more thing seems unclear, will my spouse need a different application if we are travelling together?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 15, 2013
Note that your wife can only travel with you, if the course is more than 12 months. Less than 12 months, she is not allowed.

1. Your wife is going under your visa, you are the primary visa holder and as such IELTS should not be required.

2. As long as you have met the financial requirement, traveling with a spouse hinders nothing.

3. Whatever amount the visa application is, is what you pay. Like I said, she is going under your visa. Correct me If I am wrong but I thought the visa charge is 535

4.As long as you are legally married and there is a proof, it's fine

5.Now this one I can't help you with. You alone know how much you have in your pocket, some people travel with family members and others leave their family behind and they join later BUT most people that do this have kids. If you don't have kids it is totally different as you don't have to worry about stressing/worrying about your children, where to live, what to eat and all what not.

6. The marriage certificate can cover all that. My Nigerian passport still has my father's name on it, I just could not be bothered. embarassed I suggest though that you try and change it whenever you can, it just makes it easier for yous when you wanno book a flight wink

7. I WILL WRITE THIS IN CAPITAL LETTERS. MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE YOUR WIFE IN YOUR APPLICATION WHETHER SHE IS GOING WITH YOU OR JOINING YOU LATER. IF YOU DO NOT DECLARE HER AS YOUR WIFE IN THE APPLICATION, SHE CANNOT JOIN YOU. SHE CAN ONLY COME TO AUSTRALIA IF SHE APPLIES FOR A STUDENT VISA TO STUDY HERE OR SOMETHING, BUT SHE CANNOT COME UNDER YOUR VISA. SHE DOS NOT NEED A DIFFERENT APPLICATION, JUST ADD HER NAME AS YOUR DEPENDENT FAMILY
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 15, 2013
efosa12345: Am interested in the answer to most of the questions there expecially on the part of IELT examz if it is compulsory for nigeria students

It is compulsory for all students not sure about student from new zealand though.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 15, 2013
Pls my people. If a married lady is pregnant.will the Embassy ignore or refuse her the visa based on her pregnancy. I mean early stage like 2- 3 months.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2013
I don't think it matters sisifunmi, having a kid in australia doesn't make your kid a citizen, except one of d kid's parents is a citizen, or the kid spends majority of his time in australia before he clocks 10(years).
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 8:07pm On Jan 15, 2013
jennykadry: Note that your wife can only travel with you, if the course is more than 12 months. Less than 12 months, she is not allowed.

1. Your wife is going under your visa, you are the primary visa holder and as such IELTS should not be required.

2. As long as you have met the financial requirement, traveling with a spouse hinders nothing.

3. Whatever amount the visa application is, is what you pay. Like I said, she is going under your visa. Correct me If I am wrong but I thought the visa charge is 535

4.As long as you are legally married and there is a proof, it's fine

5.Now this one I can't help you with. You alone know how much you have in your pocket, some people travel with family members and others leave their family behind and they join later BUT most people that do this have kids. If you don't have kids it is totally different as you don't have to worry about stressing/worrying about your children, where to live, what to eat and all what not.

6. The marriage certificate can cover all that. My Nigerian passport still has my father's name on it, I just could not be bothered. embarassed I suggest though that you try and change it whenever you can, it just makes it easier for yous when you wanno book a flight wink

7. I WILL WRITE THIS IN CAPITAL LETTERS. MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE YOUR WIFE IN YOUR APPLICATION WHETHER SHE IS GOING WITH YOU OR JOINING YOU LATER. IF YOU DO NOT DECLARE HER AS YOUR WIFE IN THE APPLICATION, SHE CANNOT JOIN YOU. SHE CAN ONLY COME TO AUSTRALIA IF SHE APPLIES FOR A STUDENT VISA TO STUDY HERE OR SOMETHING, BUT SHE CANNOT COME UNDER YOUR VISA. SHE DOS NOT NEED A DIFFERENT APPLICATION, JUST ADD HER NAME AS YOUR DEPENDENT FAMILY
. Thanks a lot jenny, i went through immi.gov.au, there seems not to be a place where they mention how my fiance can accompany me to australia- 1) will they ask me in my application who and who are accompanying me? But as​ you said she will depend on my visa, how does she get her passport stamped so that she can be eligible to travel with me? Is it like when i am forwarding my passport and other documents, i will forward her passport too?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 15, 2013
okesammie: I don't think it matters sisifunmi, having a kid in australia doesn't make your kid a citizen, except one of d kid's parents is a citizen, or the kid spends majority of his time in australia before he clocks 10(years).

Thank you very much.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 1:51am On Jan 16, 2013
Hello jenny, forgive me for asking numerous questions, i discovered one is disadvantaged when studying an advanced diploma. 1) You will never get a chance for unlimited work. and 2) You will be treated as someone belonging to a high risk level. 3) It's also a waste of time since i have my B.tech already. Now, my problem is, i want a place like adelaide or perth with high employment rate and low cost of living and a school that will allow me pay about 7000AUD to issue COE. Could you please help me with that?. I am a graduate mechanical engineer with a B.Tech second class lower division(over 3 points on a 5 point scale).
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 16, 2013
okesammie: . Thanks a lot jenny, i went through immi.gov.au, there seems not to be a place where they mention how my fiance can accompany me to australia- 1) will they ask me in my application who and who are accompanying me? But as​ you said she will depend on my visa, how does she get her passport stamped so that she can be eligible to travel with me? Is it like when i am forwarding my passport and other documents, i will forward her passport too?

They will ask you what type of application: yourself or yourself and family. She will get her visa when you get yours because you included her in your application. Yes you will send in both passports.

Please take your time to go through the student visa application form. The answer to you number 1 question is there.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 16, 2013
sisifunmi: Pls my people. If a married lady is pregnant.will the Embassy ignore or refuse her the visa based on her pregnancy. I mean early stage like 2- 3 months.

The mistakes some foreigners on temporary visas made was assume their child will automatically become a citizen after birth. Australia is not America. If the father or mother of the child is not a citizen, that child cannot become a citizen.

No, the embassy will not refuse you visa. They have got nothing to lose if you know what I mean.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 16, 2013
okesammie: Hello jenny, forgive me for asking numerous questions, i discovered one is disadvantaged when studying an advanced diploma. 1) You will never get a chance for unlimited work. and 2) You will be treated as someone belonging to a high risk level. 3) It's also a waste of time since i have my B.tech already. Now, my problem is, i want a place like adelaide or perth with high employment rate and low cost of living and a school that will allow me pay about 7000AUD to issue COE. Could you please help me with that?. I am a graduate mechanical engineer with a B.Tech second class lower division(over 3 points on a 5 point scale).

1. There are no disadvantages. You stand a better chance to get your PR quickly when you study in a rural/regional town. You find companies willing to sponsor you there because they lack workers.

2. Every student(diploma or Higher education) is only entitled to work 40 hours per fortnight and unlimited hours when school is on holidays. No one and I mean, no student gets unlimited hours when school is in session.

3. I know a lot of skilled workers are moving from Queensland to WA perth. Yes, I guess Perth has good employment opportunities

4. Do you want a school that has a tuition fee of 7k per semester?what course are you looking at studying? Also Perth accommodation can be expensive except you choose to share with people. If you are moving with your wife, she can work while you also work and study. Two income is better than one.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 16, 2013
@bbamega

How are you doing? are you preparing to travel?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bbamega: 7:21am On Jan 16, 2013
@jenny pls i wil b in Armidale city soon pls can i av ur email cos i need some personal advise upon my arival such as rent agreement ,mobile fone etc mine email is bashbel@hotmail.com.tks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bbamega: 7:26am On Jan 16, 2013
@jenny
im preparin to join u cos i need to settle dwn asap wit my family may God b wit u fr ur concern tks ma
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 16, 2013
Why don't such questions be asked here so that every applicant would have an idea how things work here? what do you think?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry: Why don't such questions be asked here so that every applicant would have an idea how things work here? what do you think?

I think the purpose of here is lost if we keep going private.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lovesavvi: 9:26am On Jan 16, 2013
@jenny, i have higher national diploma in physics with electronic from polytechnic here in naija, am plannin 2 further my study in australia, can u pls recomend any school in australia dat accept hnd 4 postgraduate diploma or advance diploma with low tuition fees. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry:

The mistakes some foreigners on temporary visas made was assume their child will automatically become a citizen after birth. Australia is not America. If the father or mother of the child is not a citizen, that child cannot become a citizen.

No, the embassy will not refuse you visa. They have got nothing to lose if you know what I mean.

Madam, pls read my mesg very well, I never said I need any citizenship. I only want to comfirm if a married woman is pregnant will that deprive her the chances of getting the visa and not cos of PR tinz. Well u have answered my question. Tnx

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 16, 2013
I was only giving you a heads up. I answered your question there. Just ignore the ones that you are not interested in and pick the one you find useful.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bbamega: 11:53am On Jan 16, 2013
@jenny
nope i jst want to knw d best telephone line i may go for,d best bank for student,d mini amt i may bring consida my family n any oda useful informatn as a means of advise wld b okay by m n my destinatn is Armidale city bt wld join bus frm Sydney tk u
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 12:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry:

1. There are no disadvantages. You stand a better chance to get your PR quickly when you study in a rural/regional town. You find companies willing to sponsor you there because they lack workers.

2. Every student(diploma or Higher education) is only entitled to work 40 hours per fortnight and unlimited hours when school is on holidays. No one and I mean, no student gets unlimited hours when school is in session.

3. I know a lot of skilled workers are moving from Queensland to WA perth. Yes, I guess Perth has good employment opportunities

4. Do you want a school that has a tuition fee of 7k per semester?what course are you looking at studying? Also Perth accommodation can be expensive except you choose to share with people. If you are moving with your wife, she can work while you also work and study. Two income is better than one.
Thanks a lot jenny, i am very grateful. I am looking at studying M.sc mechanical engineering, mechatronics or mining engineering. Yes, a school with tuition of around 7k per semester would be perfect. I checked curtin, mechanical engineering is 31k AUD per session and the duration doesn't favour bringing spouse, it's just 1 yr.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 16, 2013
Okesammie

Does mining Engineering involve working in the mines? If it does, then you will have no problem getting your permanent residence through a mining company, neither will you have issues with money cos they pay big. Australia just migrated 1750 Asian miners to come work for them. If it doesn't have you considered doing a course in mining? those people make it big here.

As per school, will keep my eyes open for you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
bbamega: @jenny
nope i jst want to knw d best telephone line i may go for,d best bank for student,d mini amt i may bring consida my family n any oda useful informatn as a means of advise wld b okay by m n my destinatn is Armidale city bt wld join bus frm Sydney tk u

I have used three lines so far, there are : Optus, Vodafone and Virgin. To be honest they all served their purpose BUT the line with more network coverage is called TELSTRA.

As per bank, any would do. I know most students use ANZ BANK AND COMMONWEALTH BANK. I don't know why.

As per money, bring as much as you can. Cos you will need enough for yous to settle with

As per your last line, the one in bold. Can you re-phrase it. I can't understand it.

Don't be offended but I would like it if you typed in full instead of shorthand. Just makes it easier for me to understand.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
Seriously though, have any of yous thought about doing a mining course here? That area is the big deal here. I am not against those that want to study other courses, but mining is just the money maker here. Some courses are on the demand here but the fact that they are on demand does not guarantee your stay here. Two phillipino nurses and 1 Nigerian IT guy they all studied here could not get their PR and had to leave the country. Nursing is on high demand here so you can see where I am coming from. I have never heard of a miner being turned down, not saying it isn't possible but they really need miners.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 2:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry: Okesammie

Does mining Engineering involve working in the mines? If it does, then you will have no problem getting your permanent residence through a mining company, neither will you have issues with money cos they pay big. Australia just migrated 1750 Asian miners to come work for them. If it doesn't have you considered doing a course in mining? those people make it big here.

As per school, will keep my eyes open for you.
Thanks a lot.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry: I was only giving you a heads up. I answered your question there. Just ignore the ones that you are not interested in and pick the one you find useful.

Tnx.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 16, 2013
sisifunmi:

Tnx.

okesammie: Thanks a lot.

Yous are welcome
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dmitroika(m): 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
hello jennny, we really appreciate your assistance here beleive me. i wanna ask, can someone who had a Msc from germany come into australia to apply for residency? i wanna hav my msc frm germany then go to australia for work and if possible PR, how easy/difficult is it pls?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bbamega: 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2013
@jenny
im realy enjoying ur advice pls what can u say abt chaterd accountant and master of commerce potential in aussy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.