Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (753956 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 16, 2013
Msc in what? @Dmitroka

@bbamega

I honestly have no idea about accountant and master of commerce. Truth is, Australia tries to hold onto what they can hold on to and give what they cant get from themselves. You don't need a degree to work in a bank here as an accountant. Many of the "accountants" here that do our Tax year for us were trained intensively for 1 month. The gardener where I work has a daughter that works in ANZ bank. The only qualification she has is her high school but she was trained for it and got the job.

What am I saying? since you don't need a degree or qualification to work in their banks or accounting offices, they would pick their own people to do the job for them and because their people don't like studying let alone tough courses like Engineering, Nursing, Medicine, mining, and all them tough science courses etc, they employ foreign workers to do the job for them. That is why I said earlier that, there are a lot of occupations in their skilled lists that do not guarantee Permanent residency but those tough ones could get you in. It's a 80%-20% chance.

I am not saying accountants can't get a job, all I am saying that many of them that work as "accountants" here have no top qualification.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 4:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry: Msc in what? @Dmitroka

@bbamega

I honestly have no idea about accountant and master of commerce. Truth is, Australia tries to hold onto what they can hold on to and give what they cant get from themselves. You don't need a degree to work in a bank here as an accountant. Many of the "accountants" here that do our Tax year for us were trained intensively for 1 month. The gardener where I work has a daughter that works in ANZ bank. The only qualification she has is her high school but she was trained for it and got the job.

What am I saying? since you don't need a degree or qualification to work in their banks or accounting offices, they would pick their own people to do the job for them and because their people don't like studying let alone tough courses like Engineering, Nursing, Medicine, mining, and all them tough science courses etc, they employ foreign workers to do the job for them. That is why I said earlier that, there are a lot of occupations in their skilled lists that do not guarantee Permanent residency but those tough ones could get you in. It's a 80%-20% chance.

I am not saying accountants can't get a job, all I am saying that many of them that work as "accountants" here have no top qualification.

Madam,

Can a Master in Information Technology guarantee Permanent residency?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 16, 2013
jt2010:

Madam,

Can a Master in Information Technology guarantee Permanent residency?

If you get a job and the company is willing to sponsor you or you get a job, get a skilled migrant visa, work for a few years and you apply yourself.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 4:53pm On Jan 16, 2013
@Jenny,
Are Aussies that lazy too? What is still surprising is dt there are plenty Indians and Chinese in their schools.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
RedReact: @Jenny,
Are Aussies that lazy too? What is still surprising is dt there are plenty Indians and Chinese in their schools.

We have a lot of them that go to school and many of them that are just too lazy to do the hard work. How many people want to study medicine for 6 years? or engineering or pharmacy or nursing? some of them are hardworking whilst others just sit back and enjoy what the government has given them abundantly.

I know a lot of Australians who can't get a car because the car company think they cannot afford to make the repayments, but if they see a foreigner they automatically assume that you have a good job cos they know we are very learned and can afford the cars sometimes cash sef.

I know an Australian lecturer here who told her children that if they wanted to be smart in school with good grades, all they had to do was have Africans and Indians as friends cos they will help them with their grades.

Some of them don't finish secondary school before working at the supermarket, if you see a black person here working in the supermarket I can half bet that they are students waiting to finish school. Foreigners are the ones milking the economy of this country because of their occupation.

My brothers are miners who do not work underground because they are very qualified. The ones that work underground are the half schooled ones. They are supervisors and get to attend seminars with their family overseas and across states without paying a dime. One just came from America where he went to interview americans that want to migrate here as miners and guess what, the company chose 3 of them travel to the states and interview these americans and the three of them were all foreigners. Not even a single Australian by birth was deemed qualified to go for the trip.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry:

We have a lot of them that go to school and many of them that are just too lazy to do the hard work. How many people want to study medicine for 6 years? or engineering or pharmacy or nursing? some of them are hardworking whilst others just sit back and enjoy what the government has given them abundantly.

I know a lot of Australians who can't get a car because the car company think they cannot afford to make the repayments, but if they see a foreigner they automatically assume that you have a good job cos they know we are very learned and can afford the cars sometimes cash sef.

I know an Australian lecturer here who told her children that if they wanted to be smart in school with good grades, all they had to do was have Africans and Indians as friends cos they will help them with their grades.

Some of them don't finish secondary school before working at the supermarket, if you see a black person here working in the supermarket I can half bet that they are students waiting to finish school. Foreigners are the ones milking the economy of this country because of their occupation.

My brothers are miners who do not work underground because they are very qualified. The ones that work underground are the half schooled ones. They are supervisors and get to attend seminars with their family overseas and across states without paying a dime. One just came from America where he went to interview americans that want to migrate here as miners and guess what, the company chose 3 of them travel to the states and interview these americans and the three of them were all foreigners. Not even a single Australian by birth was deemed qualified to go for the trip.

Whao!Am in.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by collyno200(m): 6:50pm On Jan 16, 2013
hi jenny kadry.pls can u link me up with anybody, or a company that could assist me in getting a job in any mining company in australia.I graduated with a first class in mining engineering from The Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA).I am thinking of going for my masters in petroleum Engineering due to the low demand of mining engineers in Nigeria.I wouldnt mind getting any australia mining company cos thats d seat of mining.I would be vry greatful if u can just give me a link
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dmitroika(m): 7:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry: Msc in what? @Dmitroka

Msc in geophysics or other geology related fields. (geologists/geophysicists works in mining industry i.e petroleum and solid minerals coys
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bbamega: 7:17pm On Jan 16, 2013
@jenny
pls how much is Australian minimum wages par hour for student and is it adviseable to come to Aust with us dollar or i should convert it to australia dollar
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 7:31pm On Jan 16, 2013
bbamega: @jenny
pls how much is Australian minimum wages par hour for student and is it adviseable to come to Aust with us dollar or i should convert it to australia dollar
17 to 20 dollars as i read from the immigration site, i wouldn't know if there could be any difference. Like she said earlier, you can travel withUS dollars if you are going with emirate and change it to AUD at Dubai.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dmitroika(m): 7:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
bbamega: @jenny

some answers can be found easily if only "we" could make use of google.. lets not take jenny's kindness for granted.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by dmitroika(m): 7:34pm On Jan 16, 2013
okesammie: 17 to 20 dollars as i read from the immigration site, i wouldn't know if there could be any difference. Like she said earlier, you can travel withUS dollars if you are going with emirate and change it to AUD at Dubai.

sammie baba!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 8:11pm On Jan 16, 2013
Hello jenny, please help me find out about these 3 courses and tell me the one with the best prospect with regard to mining; 1) advanced diploma of engineering oil and gas 2) Advanced diploma of engineering(mechanical) and 3)Advanced Diploma of Process Plant Technology. I will appreciate if i could get the anser in time
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 8:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
jennykadry:

You see them now. I don't know why these people have this opportunities and won't take good delivery of them. Haba!!! That's how they are in the USA and all other Western nations too.
If not for the fact that mining is not okay in Nigeria, I wouldn't mind delving into it.
By the way, I am going for engineering program though, and I will help them take the advantage their citizens won't take.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 8:29pm On Jan 16, 2013
okesammie: Hello jenny, please help me find out about these 3 courses and tell me the one with the best prospect with regard to mining; 1) advanced diploma of engineering oil and gas 2) Advanced diploma of engineering(mechanical) and 3)Advanced Diploma of Process Plant Technology. I will appreciate if i could get the anser in time
Is the advanced diploma the equivalence of our HND or PGD?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 16, 2013
dmitroika:

some answers can be found easily if only "we" could make use of google.. lets not take jenny's kindness for granted.

Jenny, can I use the toilet when I come?...haba people.Do some works yourselves.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 3:34am On Jan 17, 2013
RedReact:
Is the advanced diploma the equivalence of our HND or PGD?
yes(HND) it is not a PGD you can only use it for another degree and not M.sc , better to go for M.sc if one has the money.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 3:37am On Jan 17, 2013
dmitroika:

sammie baba!
I see you brother.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:59am On Jan 17, 2013
okesammie: Hello jenny, please help me find out about these 3 courses and tell me the one with the best prospect with regard to mining; 1) advanced diploma of engineering oil and gas 2) Advanced diploma of engineering(mechanical) and 3)Advanced Diploma of Process Plant Technology. I will appreciate if i could get the anser in time

I don't know. Truth is, I don't think any of them would fall into mining but I might be wrong.

They have engineers in the mines though.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:00am On Jan 17, 2013
okesammie: 17 to 20 dollars as i read from the immigration site, i wouldn't know if there could be any difference. Like she said earlier, you can travel withUS dollars if you are going with emirate and change it to AUD at Dubai.

It's just the average amount. Some students make between 25-30 dollars per hour
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:01am On Jan 17, 2013
dmitroika: jennykadry: Msc in what? @Dmitroka

Msc in geophysics or other geology related fields. (geologists/geophysicists works in mining industry i.e petroleum and solid minerals coys

As per geology, you are on the right track. Many geologists work on the mines here.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:02am On Jan 17, 2013
RedReact:

You see them now. I don't know why these people have this opportunities and won't take good delivery of them. Haba!!! That's how they are in the USA and all other Western nations too.
If not for the fact that mining is not okay in Nigeria, I wouldn't mind delving into it.
By the way, I am going for engineering program though, and I will help them take the advantage their citizens won't take.

Trust me, these people can be lazy. Don't blame them, the government spoils them rotten. We Nigerians never had the opportunities they have, we've had to work hard to get to where we are. Education is still the key here
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:06am On Jan 17, 2013
I don't mind Answering questions. Information is power as long as we are willing to research ourselves, it's all cool.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lovesavvi: 8:05am On Jan 17, 2013
@jenny pls kindly assist me with below questn
lovesavvi: @jenny, i have higher national diploma in physics with electronic from polytechnic here in naija, am plannin 2 further my study in australia, can u pls recomend any school in australia dat accept hnd 4 postgraduate diploma or advance diploma with low tuition fees. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by collyno200(m): 8:35am On Jan 17, 2013
Madam jenny i sent u a post earlier am yet to get a reply.Other members that could assist should help out

collyno200: hi jenny kadry.pls can u link me up with anybody, or a company that could assist me in getting a job in any mining company in australia.I graduated with a first class in mining engineering from The Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA).I am thinking of going for my masters in petroleum Engineering due to the low demand of mining engineers in Nigeria.I wouldnt mind getting any australia mining company cos thats d seat of mining.I would be vry greatful if u can just give me a link
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by A12345: 9:39am On Jan 17, 2013
Does Australian Universities accepts HND (2.1) holders with work experience for a Master Programme. I have 10years experience in Supply chain and also an Advanced Diploma in Procurement & supply from the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply London. Iam desirous of doing my Masters in Procurement. Do any one in the forum knows if iam qualify to apply for a masters degree in procurement in Aussie Universities. I already own an MBA in a Nigerian University.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 17, 2013
lovesavvi: @jenny pls kindly assist me with below questn

Awwwww, I would love to help if I can but I can't. To be honest, there are so many schools in Australia that I know of and don't of AND like I told someone earlier, when it comes to admission and schools with low tuition fees and all what not, I cannot do it for you. You have to look for the school yourself. This is when the internet becomes a friend of yours, you google schools and narrow down your research to a few schools. Bring their names on here and we will advise you on which is better.

Also, lots of schools here offer post grad and advanced diploma courses. What exactly do you want to study? You can't look for schools without knowing what you wanno study.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 17, 2013
collyno200: Madam jenny i sent u a post earlier am yet to get a reply.Other members that could assist should help out

You have to research mining companies on google. I know alot of zimbabweans here come all the way from Zimbabwean on 457 visas. If a company wants you they will sponsor you but I know most Nigerians here, come in as students and pursue mining after school.

You are very intelligent. A first class? wow
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 11:54am On Jan 17, 2013
smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 12:20pm On Jan 17, 2013
@colly,
You stand a high chance in getting admitted for a research-based Masters program with your class; one good thing therein is that research-based programs come with funding unlike their course-based counterpart. Just check the schools you want and send in your enquiries.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by goshen(m): 9:24am On Jan 20, 2013
@Jenny,

I have a non-visa enquiry. I searched out the average cost of rent(a studio room) in Sydney and I observed the figure falls in the range of $300-$400 per week; that's quite on the high side. I believe there are strategies to get cheaper rates; like opting for a non-serviced apartment, etc. I Would be so appreciative if you can shed more light on some of these strategies; $400 weekly is way too high.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 20, 2013
Are you traveling by yourself or with family? @goshen

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.