Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752459 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 8:21pm On Dec 23, 2012
goshen:

Yeah,that explains why I chose them. Am inclined towards off Campus, possibly a suburb close to the sch. I only paid 4000 dollars commitment fee for the enrolment.
I'm inclined towards off-campus too.
What does commitment fee mean? Is it part of their fee?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 8:25pm On Dec 23, 2012
cconcept: you guys should start dropping practical tips on how you went about your applications.
Only goshen and bbamega are the ones that can provide info on the documents submitted now, as I have not gotten to their stage.
Jennykadry is another person that can give detailed info abt documents too but she has not been featuring on the thread for some time now.
Have you made an application to your desired school?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by goshen(m): 8:26pm On Dec 23, 2012
RedReact:
I'm inclined towards off-campus too.
What does commitment fee mean? Is it part of their fee?

Just to confirm your enrolment. It's part of the tuition, i.e, it would be netted off your over all tuition fee. Your CoE would be sent to you after making this deposit.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 8:33pm On Dec 23, 2012
goshen:

Just to confirm your enrolment. It's part of the tuition, i.e, it would be net off your over all tuition fee. Your CoE would be sent to you after making this deposit.
No problem at all. I was asked by someone if the fund for fee was available as against March admission time cos that could cause delay and I told him funding would be no problem.
When the time comes for those payment, I will contact you sha.
For the accomodation, you will also hint me on anything u get o. I wanted to ask a guy at Monash uni abt accomodation but he wasn't replying my mails, so I stopped sending any enquiry.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by goshen(m): 8:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
RedReact:
No problem at all. I was asked by someone if the fund for fee was available as against March admission time cos that could cause delay and I told him funding would be no problem.
When the time comes for those payment, I will contact you sha.
For the accomodation, you will also hint me on anything u get o. I wanted to ask a guy at Monash uni abt accomodation but he wasn't replying my mails, so I stopped sending any enquiry.

Payment is also no big deal. When you are admitted, they would send you an offer letter, with two options of accepting the offer; online and the hard copy. I chose to accept online, because its faster.I paid with my ATM card. Accommodation in Syd is quite expensive, am looking at shared accommodation to cut my expense. I have not made arrangement for now sha.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 9:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
well,i just got interested in doing a phd there and trying to see if its a good option to consider-schools,funding,etc
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:09pm On Dec 23, 2012
goshen:

Payment is also no big deal. When you are admitted, they would send you an offer letter, with two options of accepting the offer; online and the hard copy. I chose to accept online, because its faster.I paid with my ATM card. Accommodation in Syd is quite expensive, am looking at shared accommodation to cut my expense.
I will intimate you on how it's going when I get to that level.
It's not only accomodation dt is expensive @ sydney, cost of living in total. That's where Canada is a lil bit fairer than Aus. I am thinking dt there might be cheap accomodation by January.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:11pm On Dec 23, 2012
cconcept: well,i just got interested in doing a phd there and trying to see if its a good option to consider-schools,funding,etc
Research is good in Australia. You can try out Australian National University or check through the list of their schools online.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 9:16pm On Dec 23, 2012
RedReact:
Research is good in Australia. You can try out Australian National University or check through the list of their schools online.

Any idea about application styles and funding?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by goshen(m): 9:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
cconcept: well,i just got interested in doing a phd there and trying to see if its a good option to consider-schools,funding,etc

ANU, UniSyd, Melbourne and UNSW are quite good research institutes with appreciable government funding. Not sure of their scholarship or tuition waiver programmes for Phd. You may have to browse through their websites. Scholarship isnt so common in Aussy like the US sha.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by goshen(m): 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2012
cconcept:

Any idea about application styles and funding?

Browse through their website, all required info would definitely be available.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:24pm On Dec 23, 2012
goshen:

ANU, UniSyd, Melbourne and UNSW are quite good research institutes with appreciable government funding. Not sure of their scholarship or tuition waiver programmes for Phd. You may have to browse through their websites. Scholarship isnt so common in Aussy like the US sha.
One thing I hate about their system is the unavailability of scholarship. But it's like Phd is different at ANU from dt of others like UniSyd and the rest. ANU is more funded for research.
If one were to get PR, scholarship will be more open and tuition will be greatly slashed.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bbamega: 7:39am On Dec 24, 2012
goshen.i am going to University of New England in Armidale City-NSW.wot abt u and which city ar u and av u got ur visa?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 8:10am On Dec 24, 2012
bbamega: goshen.i am going to University of New England in Armidale City-NSW.wot abt u and which city ar u and av u got ur visa?
He is going to UNSW, Sydney. Heading there too but still expecting to hear from them.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 8:14am On Dec 25, 2012
RedReact:
One thing I hate about their system is the unavailability of scholarship. But it's like Phd is different at ANU from dt of others like UniSyd and the rest. ANU is more funded for research.
If one were to get PR, scholarship will be more open and tuition will be greatly slashed.

Thanks,i will check up the ANU to know more.Any further information will be appreciated.
where is jennkardy?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
This thread is getting dry. I guess its cos nt much ppl r interested in aussie due to cost.
Please, wats d meanining of coe and other abbreviatns used here? Also I would appreciate if anyone can post tips on helping newbies make a start. Cheap uni and college suggestions, what is required for visa who can sponsor and what is expected in sponsor's acnt. That will help.
Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bbamega: 9:39am On Dec 26, 2012
mercylicious...pls u can kinsly start read from 1 and this might help alot.Also as par skul ausee av different skuls dat ar averagely low compare with Canada.Jst look for SVP participate skul this wld make d visa easy and faster.CoE means Confirmation of Enrolement issue bu skul aftr offer of admision also SVP means Streamline Visa Processing.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:47am On Dec 26, 2012
@bbamega,
Are there cheap unis in Aussie? I would like to know. I didn't check much of their schools though, cos I was looking for one with strong inclination towards research. One thing I noticed is that all unis participate in the SVP program. Could it be or I didn't see right?

@mercylicious,
The thread is not much populated unlike Canada and US. I think it may be due to the distance and the cost of schooling there too, but Aussie offers same opportunity Canny offers. Same with New Zealand too.
As regards to ur question, bbamega has explained everything. You can ask further and our brethren will help you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 26, 2012
I saw your MSG in the family section. I am happy to answer questions here IF I CAN. Shoot......
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 1:57pm On Dec 26, 2012
jennykadry: I saw your MSG in the family section. I am happy to answer questions here IF I CAN. Shoot......

jennykadry,welcome back.please members say you are in a better to postion to discus about PhD studies in AUS. smiley,maybe you can offer some insight now

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 26, 2012
I don't know anyone who's done PHD here but I could always go on the schools website and find out
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
I don't know anyone who's done PHD here but I could always go on the schools website and find out. What's your question?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 2:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
jennykadry: I don't know anyone who's done PHD here but I could always go on the schools website and find out. What's your question?

how is phd admission done-,do they have funding for international students?i have read about Phd been fully funded,is it like that over there?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
I highly doubt it's fully funded for international students. Permanent residents and citizens are fully funded but not international students.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 2:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
@Jenny,
I am glad you are back with us here. How is Aussie? We are trying as much as possible to give ourselves clue and info on how to go about the process of studying in Aussie. I don't know of Wahabcoal now and beau4lyf too has not shown up since, but we have bbamega and goshen who would soon be on their way to Aussie soon.
I will join them too, just that I just submitted my application at UNSW and UWA (but prefer UNSW).
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by collyno200(m): 2:03am On Dec 28, 2012
@goshen tnks 4 ur response.so if i am 2 apply 4 march 2014 that means i av 2 apply sept 2013 rite? Am taking d Toefl n nt Ielts.how is the scholarshp tin at unsw.i read they awarp dis international post graduate scholarshp n were u able to secure any
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 11:39am On Dec 28, 2012
collyno200: @goshen tnks 4 ur response.so if i am 2 apply 4 march 2014 that means i av 2 apply sept 2013 rite? Am taking d Toefl n nt Ielts.how is the scholarshp tin at unsw.i read they awarp dis international post graduate scholarshp n were u able to secure any
First of all, you are good to send in your application for March 2014 by September. Nevertheless, Australian schools have 2 intake sessions per year; February/March and July. You can still make it for July intake too, provided it's open for your program option.
As per scholarship, they don't have it for international students, except such a student is a permanent resident.
As per toefl/ielts, Aussie prefers ielts to toefl but it can still be used; provided you have written the exam.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2012
bbamega: mercylicious...pls u can kinsly start read from 1 and this might help alot.Also as par skul ausee av different skuls dat ar averagely low compare with Canada.Jst look for SVP participate skul this wld make d visa easy and faster.CoE means Confirmation of Enrolement issue bu skul aftr offer of admision also SVP means Streamline Visa Processing.

Let me rephrase. Which uni in aussie has d largest no of Nig students ( I know naija go for affordable schs).10-12k of queensland and wollogong is still on d high side 4 me.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2012
I just saw dis - http://www.university-list.net/Australia/rank/univ-070001.html
Are all d unis in aussie in dt list?
Is Finders univ a public school and can an int student work while studying in d sch?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bbamega: 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2012
yes. international students can work upto 40hrs fortnight and no restriction during brake.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:54am On Jan 01, 2013
Happy New Year friends!
God, who made us see this year, will make us eat of the riches and splendour contained in it. Every virtue meant to enhance our values shall be released for us all in Jesus name (Amen).
No tales but testimony.

@bbamega,
When are you leaving?
@goshen,
What is the latest now?
@Jennykadry,
New year greetings from all of us in Nigeria. By the end of 2013, we would be celebrating and counting our blessings together when we join you over there.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:55am On Jan 01, 2013
@Wahabcoal,
I can spot you. What's happening? We've not seen you for long. Give us some news, I mean good news.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.