Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (758412 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 16, 2015
kokobi99:

You dont need to be in a country to know what is happening there. We are in a global world. I wish you best of luck madam.

This is the internet bro. Any impression of yourself that you give off, stays locked in cyber space forever.

You don't want anyone thinking you are ..... now, do you?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kolawolead(m): 11:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
Congrats BossLady Mo,
After logging in after a while and saw a lot of congratulatory messages to you, I decided to dig far back to this post - to like, congratulate and appreciate God for his blessings. More power to your elbow, the Aussies and the system will continue to "reckon" with you lol!

PS - no update yet on sister's stuff, will keep you posted if any.

Blessings!
bossladyMo:

Naaaaa...just your Naija license. You need to take a written test though, and then a practical test. The written test is not hard, as long as you study the material...I passed mine in one go. Also, even if your licwnse is expired, but by not more than 2yrs, you can still convert it...just that you will have to spend $130 on a learner's permit to take the test.

The sockets are different here oooo. So be ready to buy a converter adaptor...$14. Also, ensure you bring AV and RF cord for TV, just in case the house you rent does not have it. AV cord that is sold for N200 or so, is over $30 here...while the cheapest RF is $19......imagine!!!

Got a job with Telstra y'all, training starts Monday....entry level position, but still something to get my foot in the 'Australian Experience' Door.....peace!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chase123: 11:35pm On Mar 16, 2015
bossladyMo:

For now, all a new migrant is entitled to is Child Care Rebate, Child Care Benefit, and Family Tax Benefit A&B.

You have to wait 2 years for the rest.
,Thanks please can you throw more light on family Tax Benefit A&B
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 16, 2015
mclarry:

Much appreciated ferdimako. My school adopts itranscript so no delays usually. Currently waiting till June for the 9th year to be deemed skilled for 8 years. I'm aiming to claim 15 points in that category.
OK... u need the migration points from experience. U can start romancing with IELTS or PTE....If u are btw 24 and 35, u just need the competence level.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bjayzeez: 12:18am On Mar 17, 2015
why not try CPA, ICAA or IPAA. I think a few internal auditors have complained about VETASSESS and accounting! Also, you dont have to wait till June.8, 9, and 10 Years experience fetches you the same points....15 points. I stand corrected though. Depending on your uni, transcripts take a while before they get processed.

IELTS Results too take about 14 days from the exam day... so you might wanna start the background works. i.e register to write the ielts asap

Good profile you got, Bestaluck

mclarry:
Hi all,

I'm new to the thread. Have read thru and found it very interesting, helpful, & inspiring. I have aspirations as most of us do in here and congrats to all who have recorded successes in one way or the other. I'm aspiring towards subclass 189 or 190. Counting on your experiences as regards to vetting my lil profile below:

Nominated occupation: Internal Auditor
Assessing Body: VETASSESS (Waiting till June to complete 9 years of experience before applying)
Qualifications: BSc Accountancy 2003, ACCA Certificate in international auditing 2015, Member Institute of internal auditors - Nigeria(certification in view)
Years of Experience: 8 years in same organization, (June 2015 will make it 9 years.)
Documents: Will be as required on VETASSESS website.

From above, what are my chances of a positive response on a scale of 1 - 10? Thanks for anticipated response(s).

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 3:20am On Mar 17, 2015
mclarry:
Hi all,

I'm new to the thread. Have read thru and found it very interesting, helpful, & inspiring. I have aspirations as most of us do in here and congrats to all who have recorded successes in one way or the other. I'm aspiring towards subclass 189 or 190. Counting on your experiences as regards to vetting my lil profile below:

Nominated occupation: Internal Auditor
Assessing Body: VETASSESS (Waiting till June to complete 9 years of experience before applying)
Qualifications: BSc Accountancy 2003, ACCA Certificate in international auditing 2015, Member Institute of internal auditors - Nigeria(certification in view)
Years of Experience: 8 years in same organization, (June 2015 will make it 9 years.)
Documents: Will be as required on VETASSESS website.

From above, what are my chances of a positive response on a scale of 1 - 10? Thanks for anticipated response(s).

You stand a very good chance of getting positive assessment. You do not need to wait till June since it is the same points that both 8yrs and 9yrs of experience will fetch you; you can start the process now.

I will advise you to google the ANZCO code (ABS) of the relevant occupations on the SOL to know the one that perfectly matches your experience and qualification. You should be fine and possibly you might not need IELTS, provided that you are between 25-32 except if your assessing body requires it for assessment.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 5:57am On Mar 17, 2015
Three weeks and counting. Found a sweet crib to stay, My wife finally touches down, Not no more calling Naija everyday lol. My tax file number finally shows up in my mail box. Have started applying for positions for me and my wife. She has had 5 calls and also went for an interview today. I have one on Thursday too. Things are really looking good. assignment due dates have started staring me in the face. Having a blast so far. God is in complete control. I need to give kudos to folks who are here and still make time to add value to the forum
Its really not easy as time is a very important resource here. Futuredon, cherries, bosslady and a couple of others i hail.

8 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by happytbaby: 9:18am On Mar 17, 2015
I am in Lagos, can send someone to the airport if you are travelling from Lagos. Thanks

weemee:
Yes I do, someone is coming next week.
Where exactly are you?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ayaboyo: 10:37am On Mar 17, 2015
Omo am happy about all the Australian gist I am hearing. This Australia sweet oo even though I never touch down. Hubby applied for a Masters in University of Melbourne, preparatory to touch down and guess what cos we have the pr , he was given a CSP ( Common wealth supported place). So he get to pay less than 9k for a course that he normally would have paid 36k dollars for.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 17, 2015
Someone should please tell me the best way to migrate to Australia. I have read a lot of their work permit, how easy is it? I'm also looking at entering via a student visa but I need someone over there for some personal question before I begin the process. Please Nigerians in AU, please reply.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 17, 2015
Ayaboyo:
Omo am happy about all the Australian gist I am hearing. This Australia sweet oo even though I never touch down. Hubby applied for a Masters in University of Melbourne, preparatory to touch down and guess what cos we have the pr , he was given a CSP ( Common wealth supported place). So he get to pay less than 9k for a course that he normally would have paid 36k dollars for.

Great feat! Now I know why Townsville won't see ya. Bosslady..chai.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 17, 2015
doyen06:
Someone should please tell me the best way to migrate to Australia. I have read a lot of their work permit, how easy is it? I'm also looking at entering via a student visa but I need someone over there for some personal question before I begin the process. Please Nigerians in AU, please reply.

'M not in au but 'm on that path,first look for a school that's offering your couse/discipline.secondly check If the school requires an agent.if you want to go with the agent fine make sure the agent is working with the school or secondly find a school that does not require an agent.thirdly apply for ielts exam at the british council.then apply to the school while you wait for ielts.submit your ielts result when you receive it.wait for admission offer.if its a conditional offer try and fulfil all conditions if its unconditional offer pay all fees and sign acceptance submit and get your Coe(confirmation of electronic offer)and apply for student visa.
Please check which program you are going for(masters,tafe,undergraduate or phd etc)

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 17, 2015
thanks preciousstones, do you have an idea of a good master degree course that has a good prospect of getting a permanent visa there? Anyone with info on work permit and other types of visa please reply.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 17, 2015
NNBB2012:

You stand a very good chance of getting positive assessment. You do not need to wait till June since it is the same points that both 8yrs and 9yrs of experience will fetch you; you can start the process now.

I will advise you to google the ANZCO code (ABS) of the relevant occupations on the SOL to know the one that perfectly matches your experience and qualification. You should be fine and possibly you might not need IELTS, provided that you are between 25-32 except if your assessing body requires it for assessment.
He must do IELTS or any other unless he doesn't have a Nigerian passport. I guess u meant not struggling to make any migration points from it as 6 across the board is cool for pple of dat age bracket.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 17, 2015
doyen06:
thanks preciousstones, do you have an idea of a good master degree course that has a good prospect of getting a permanent visa there? Anyone with info on work permit and other types of visa please reply.

I can't really say cuz I don't know your discipline but its advisable to go for a 2yrs master program to get a post-work permit.(There's name for that)if you go for a 1yr or 1.5yrs program you have to go for an additional program or course because it hard so I heard.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by KIKIADE: 11:34am On Mar 17, 2015
I WANT TO PROCESS AUSTRALIA PR VISA, CAN I DO IT ON MY OWN WITHOUT THE HELP OF A CONSULTANT.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 17, 2015
chase123:
,Thanks please can you throw more light on family Tax Benefit A&B

You can visit the Centrelink website.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 17, 2015
kolawolead:
Congrats BossLady Mo,
After logging in after a while and saw a lot of congratulatory messages to you, I decided to dig far back to this post - to like, congratulate and appreciate God for his blessings. More power to your elbow, the Aussies and the system will continue to "reckon" with you lol!

PS - no update yet on sister's stuff, will keep you posted if any.

Thanks bro

Blessings!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 17, 2015
bossladyMo:

Why don't you apply for a VETASSESS advisory service first? Takes just 10days and about 15k to get it.

Thanks, thought about that too but was discouraged when i read this on VETASSESS

The Advisory Service does not provide a specific assessment of the level and relevance of your qualifications and employment to your nominated occupation.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color] The Advisory Service takes you through the steps to make an application for a Skills Assessment, provides information about your nominated occupation which is relevant to your application, and offers a preliminary document check to assist you with our documentary evidence requirements.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 17, 2015
nikky2015:

Thanks, thought about that too but was discouraged when i read this on VETASSESS

The Advisory Service does not provide a specific assessment of the level and relevance of your qualifications and employment to your nominated occupation.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color] The Advisory Service takes you through the steps to make an application for a Skills Assessment, provides information about your nominated occupation which is relevant to your application, and offers a preliminary document check to assist you with our documentary evidence requirements.

I have seen advisory results...and even though they don't give DEFINITE answers, it still metions the relvance of your qualifications....that's why they ask for transcripts I guess.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 17, 2015
@all, esp, bossladymo, vcjustic, ferdimako, ubktech thanks a lot for your advice on my marriage certificate issues earlier on. i have finally done a registry wedding 2 days ago and collected the certificate (after carefully checking it cheesy).
I also took the IELTS Academic in Benin on the 14th. The test was not as tough as i was anticipating given that i prepared in just over 2 weeks and i did not buy the official materials.

i know it is well
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 17, 2015
@preciousstones, can we private message please? I have some clarifications to make.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by KIKIADE: 12:04pm On Mar 17, 2015
Please, kindly help with your advices and suggestions: I WANT TO PROCESS AUSTRALIA PR VISA, CAN I DO IT ON MY OWN
WITHOUT THE HELP OF A CONSULTANT. then if yes how will I go about it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 17, 2015
doyen06:
@preciousstones, can we private message please? I have some clarifications to make.
So u read others' but want to take urs to the closet?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
[quote author=doyen06 post=31704570 can we private message please? I have some clarifications to make. [/quote]

'M not an expert its better to discuss here step by step incase anyone has experienced any issue you have might be able to solve it.I know its difficult spilling out issues on the internet but its better.at least you are not using your pics smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 17, 2015
ewagbamio:
@all, esp, bossladymo, vcjustic, ferdimako, ubktech thanks a lot for your advice on my marriage certificate issues earlier on. i have finally done a registry wedding 2 days ago and collected the certificate (after carefully checking it cheesy).
I also took the IELTS Academic in Benin on the 14th. The test was not as tough as i was anticipating given that i prepared in just over 2 weeks and i did not buy the official materials.

i know it is well
You're making progress... happy for u. I'm at chapter3 of my M.Sc research project. I'm so scared to assess with B.Sc only.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 17, 2015
Thanks preciousstones, please i need more people to reply to this topic, especially people with Australian experience
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 17, 2015
KIKIADE:
Please, kindly help with your advices and suggestions: I WANT TO PROCESS AUSTRALIA PR VISA, CAN I DO IT ON MY OWN
WITHOUT THE HELP OF A CONSULTANT. then if yes how will I go about it.
Read this thread or use a good registered agent if u are too busy.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 12:42pm On Mar 17, 2015
Ayaboyo:

Nice one. Did u guys frontload docs before applying for the PR? Did ur hubby claim work exp. points? How long did u wait from application to grant?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chase123: 12:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
is there any nigerian in the house who migrated to australia through the skilled worker program as a proffessional trained school teacher plears please share your experience on how yno you got a positive assessment and on your new life in australia i intend to migrate to ausrs aussie as a school teacher q
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ayaboyo: 1:02pm On Mar 17, 2015
izykvision0:

Nice one. Did u guys frontload docs before applying for the PR? Did ur hubby claim work exp. points? How long did u wait from application to grant?

We frontloaded all except pcc and med. Yes hubby claimed work experience point. 3 months.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by weemee: 1:05pm On Mar 17, 2015
Ok till then.

happytbaby:
I am in Lagos, can send someone to the airport if you are travelling from Lagos. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.