Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (755775 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 2:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
bellong:

What is the function of a photo card?

Its just like the Nigerian national id card; that is what Uk issues. So u present that at airports, for employment etc.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 3:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
izykvision0:

Its just like the Nigerian national id card; that is what Uk issues. So u present that at airports, for employment etc.

Oh..Ok... You don't need it and nothing like it will be sent. Everything you need is in the letter attached to the email. It is why VEVO was created to confirm the grant online by any authority in need of it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gnykelly(m): 4:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Have you enrol your kids into the school yet? We ar coming grin

doubting Thomas.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 4:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
bellong:

Oh..Ok... You don't need it and nothing like it will be sent. Everything you need is in the letter attached to the email. It is why VEVO was created to confirm the grant online by any authority in need of it.

Ok I see.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
gnykelly:

doubting Thomas.
hahahaga grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by xkunzo(m): 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
Pls I need cheapest vet diploma course between 2000 to 4000 au dollar

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
gnykelly:

doubting Thomas.
Lol.... Hope is all we got in this country, each administration comes with a fresh hope to keep us going.... Hope Hope Hope

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by opad(m): 12:19am On Mar 12, 2015
xkunzo:
You need? Youll get 2 for 5naira.

Google TAFE or private VeT, visit their websites and check their tuition fee for international students.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 1:53am On Mar 12, 2015
opad:

Google TAFE or private VeT, visit their websites and check their tuition fee for international students.
grin. I Doubt whether you can get any school with that tuition fee. Australia money oo

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:02am On Mar 12, 2015
xkunzo:

opad:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:09am On Mar 12, 2015
Maybe it differs sha....but I am sure the one I saw had the Federal Government eagle and horse sign thingy on it...and they were only issued one.

Apart from that, from those that had previously done a registry wedding before going to church (Catholic), they can be issued the Church's wedding certificate ( which is different from the official one with the govt emblem).

Also, if you had previously done a registry wedding, but do not want the Church's own certificate instead, you can be given the one with the Federal Government emblem, but the marriage certificate no will bear the marriage certificate number of the certificate you got from the registry.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 11:00am On Mar 12, 2015
bossladyMo:
Maybe it differs sha....but I am sure the one I saw had the Federal Government eagle and horse sign thingy on it...and they were only issued one.

Apart from that, from those that had previously done a registry wedding before going to church (Catholic), they can be issued the Church's wedding certificate ( which is different from the official one with the govt emblem).

Also, if you had previously done a registry wedding, but do not want the Church's own certificate instead, you can be given the one with the Federal Government emblem, but the marriage certificate no will bear the marriage certificate number of the certificate you got from the registry.

Madam Bosslady, it is always nice to read your messages . How are you adapting to the weather in Australia ? I hope it is not too harsh looking at it from the Nigerian Perspective. Congrats on the Job offer. I am so happy for you. You are giving us the guts to make the move. I would like to know recruitment formats for most Australia,do they write tests of they just conduct interviews. Is accent posing a problem in your day to day interactions with people there.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jetspeed: 5:09pm On Mar 12, 2015
All, please I submitted by application to Vetasses since on the 29th of Dec. 2014.

My application is still in progress when I checked now. Its taking so long. Is this normal?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 5:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
Jetspeed:
All, please I submitted by application to Vetasses since on the 29th of Dec. 2014.

My application is still in progress when I checked now. Its taking so long. Is this normal?

Av u verified from them if dey've received ur transcript?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 5:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
gogochocolate:

Madam Bosslady, it is always nice to read your messages . How are you adapting to the weather in Australia ? I hope it is not too harsh looking at it from the Nigerian Perspective. Congrats on the Job offer. I am so happy for you. You are giving us the guts to make the move. I would like to know recruitment formats for most Australia,do they write tests of they just conduct interviews. Is accent posing a problem in your day to day interactions with people there.
lol... when you hear a Nigerian using "thingy" just know that life is good... lol
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jetspeed: 5:34pm On Mar 12, 2015
izykvision0:

Av u verified from them if dey've received ur transcript?

Yes I have. I verified via a correspondence with them on email.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prost80(m): 5:59pm On Mar 12, 2015
Ubktech, bossladyMo, vicjustice, FutureDon, equilibrium, malkinburg, justwise, galala123, aduktus, ukchy and others

Hello it's been a while I have been here. I have sent my application for a reassessment at vetassess for a Metallurgical and Materials Technician. I am expecting the outcome to be positive. However, I want to know if It is possible to apply to another body Engineers Australia as a Materials Engineering candidate. The reason I ask is if I get a positive assessment from vetassess, does that mean I can't apply to Engineers Australia? Or is my visa locked to only Met & Mat technician in Oz? Any Nigerian Engineer in OZ enlighten me please?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 6:06pm On Mar 12, 2015
Jetspeed:

Yes I have. I verified via a correspondence with them on email.

Ok. Moreover, it will just clock 12 weeks on the 23rd of this month!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 6:17pm On Mar 12, 2015
Jetspeed:

. It is not yet 3 months. Just cool down
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jetspeed: 8:06pm On Mar 12, 2015
izykvision0:

Ok. Moreover, it will just clock 12 weeks on the 23rd of this month!

Yes. Thanks for the response
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jetspeed: 8:07pm On Mar 12, 2015
cheedyH:
. It is not yet 3 months. Just cool down

Thanks .
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
prost80:

Hello it's been a while I have been here. I have sent my application for a reassessment at vetassess for a Metallurgical and Materials Technician. I am expecting the outcome to be positive. However, I want to know if It is possible to apply to another body Engineers Australia as a Materials Engineering candidate. The reason I ask is if I get a positive assessment from vetassess, does that mean I can't apply to Engineers Australia? Or is my visa locked to only Met & Mat technician in Oz? Any Nigerian Engineer in OZ enlighten me please?
You can assess with EA if ur duties and qualifications dovetail with what's expected. I mean simultaneously.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by olediway: 9:00pm On Mar 12, 2015
House i greet u all,pls i want to ask if d bank account statement,certificates are being verified by australian universities..in otherwords,do the universities contact d institutions(bank and ur previous schools) for verifications..thank u
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 12, 2015
gogochocolate:

I am adapting very fine ooo...it's hot here at the moment. Thank God for constant electricity...so at least the fan can be on.

Yea....some will ask you to do an online assessment, while some just take you straight to interviews. But for this one I got, I did an online assessment, then phone interview, then a meet&greet kinda physical interview. Accent isn't posing a problem...but that is because I don't have any Nigerian tribe influence on my accent. So if you have a bit of an Ibo/Yoruba/Hausa accent already, it might be a tad bit harder for them to hear you (I stand corrected though). But when it comes to hearing them...sometimes I don't hear what they say well o...guess because I am in a regional area...the accent is so deep. I expect the Aussies in the cities to have a cleaner and clearer accent tho. It's just like going to yankee and going down South...their accent there is totally different and harder to understand, compared to someone from New York, LA etc speak. But once again, it all depends on you...my husband hears them better. But I guess as I work and hang out with them more, my ears will fine tune itself.

If you are going to stay in a regional area, be prepared to have stares and surprised faces when you speak English. Even at work, some people are surprised I speak good English...and I'm like, I prolly speak better English than you sef lol (in my head tho lol). I reckon it will be different in the cities though. So that fact might work for you, as they will be dazzled cos they were not expecting such.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 10:54pm On Mar 12, 2015
BossladyMo,

Please check your inbox... Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 11:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
prost80:

Your visa is not locked to any particular nominated skill. Once you get your PR, you can decide to go for any job. It is your PR status that will be considered.

Meanwhile, you could also try Engineers Australia assessment if you had enough fund to play with, otherwise, there is no need for that.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:49am On Mar 13, 2015
olediway:
House i greet u all,pls i want to ask if d bank account statement,certificates are being verified by australian universities..in otherwords,do the universities contact d institutions(bank and ur previous schools) for verifications..thank u

I do not know much about the skull verification thing but the embassy do oooh and if found guilty 4020 law will be used against U. this means , 3 years ban will be placed on any study related program. Talking from experience, used one real statement and one generated though not intentional....... the generated was given to me by my hubby that's Y I used the word not international
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 5:32am On Mar 13, 2015
bossladyMo:
I reckon it will be different in the cities though. So that fact might work for you, as they will be dazzled cos they were not expecting such.

I cannot but notice the bolded word - you are Australian already oo as Australians "reckon" a lot grin

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prost80(m): 5:44am On Mar 13, 2015
ferdimako:

You can assess with EA if ur duties and qualifications dovetail with what's expected. I mean simultaneously.

Thanks ferdimako. I presently want to wait till year end or beginning of next year to have appropriate experience as a Materials Engr, what will you advice?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:50am On Mar 13, 2015
nkechima:

I do not know much about the skull verification thing but the embassy do oooh and if found guilty 4020 law will be used against U. this means , 3 years ban will be placed on any study related program. Talking from experience, used one real statement and one generated though not intentional....... the generated was given to me by my hubby that's Y I used the word not international

Good morning,you ve not answered the question,this nairaland member asked if schools verifies bank statement and certificates and if australian schools call these institutions;and did not mention embassy.olediway yes some australian schools request for these documents but I don't know about calling them.just try and be clean.all the best.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prost80(m): 5:51am On Mar 13, 2015
NNBB2012:

Your visa is not locked to any particular nominated skill. Once you get your PR, you can decide to go for any job. It is your PR status that will be considered.

Meanwhile, you could also try Engineers Australia assessment if you had enough fund to play with, otherwise, there is no need for that.

Sorry just reading this now. So in essence I can apply get a PR and if I get a positive outcome from another body Engineers Australia I can work as an Engr in Oz, only the PR status I got as a Met/Mat technician will still hold sway for 2years if 190 visa. Right?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 7:07am On Mar 13, 2015
prost80:

Sorry just reading this now. So in essence I can apply get a PR and if I get a positive outcome from another body Engineers Australia I can work as an Engr in Oz, only the PR status I got as a Met/Mat technician will still hold sway for 2years if 190 visa. Right?

You do not need Assessment from Engineers Australia to be able to work as an Engineer in Australia once you have your PR. If you already got your positive assessment from elsewhere, and you are very sure you have the required-60points, then go ahead and apply for your visa. You are not tied to the skill you nominated in Australia. It is purely for migration purpose.

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.