Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,449 members, 7,830,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (755802 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gnykelly(m): 5:01pm On Mar 15, 2015
ukchy:

Staying in a temp apartment i booked before coming
No job for now,still trying to settle down

I pray God almighty establish you guys foot over there.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 15, 2015
I am a successful self employed poultry farmer and want to emigrate to Aussie as an Agricultural Consultant. Is there anybody here that has successfully walked this path? I need advise
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gnykelly(m): 6:45pm On Mar 15, 2015
Toby77:
I am a successful self employed poultry farmer and want to emigrate to Aussie as an Agricultural Consultant. Is there anybody here that has successfully walked this path? I need advise

go for what you want. it is better to try than not to try at all.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by happytbaby: 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2015
Hello peeps,

Please is there anyone going to Queensland soon? Please I want to send my brother's drivers licence to him.

God bless you as you help us.

Cheers

@ Futuredon

You have been quiet....how are you?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by wahabcoal(m): 11:29pm On Mar 15, 2015
House, moving to Aussie in few days, what are the essential documents i'll need to hold on hand.
Is PTA(Personal Travel Allowance) compulsory for students? If not, how much cash is expected to be on hand or ATM?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 11:29pm On Mar 15, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Then why are they giving us OSHC coverage?

High hospital bill you cant survive without it
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:40am On Mar 16, 2015
Toby77:

I migrated as an Agricultural Consultant.

Poultry Farmer is available on the WA list...you should check and confirm. Not sure if you qualify for A. Consultant if your experience is in poultry farming.

Check for the job description in anzsco
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by weemee: 4:30am On Mar 16, 2015
Yes I do, someone is coming next week.
Where exactly are you?
happytbaby:
Hello peeps,

Please is there anyone going to Queensland soon? Please I want to send my brother's drivers licence to him.

God bless you as you help us.

Cheers

@ Futuredon

You have been quiet....how are you?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by weemee: 4:44am On Mar 16, 2015
wahabcoal:
House, moving to Aussie in few days, what are the essential documents i'll need to hold on hand.
Is PTA(Personal Travel Allowance) compulsory for students? If not, how much cash is expected to be on hand or ATM?

Your printed visa information
Passport and booking confirmation
Cash depends on the individual, but I will advice you travel with at least 500 Dollars.
Also prepare 2000 Naira in several denominations for your people at the immigration. However, if you want to avoid that, be at the Airport as early as possible and check in on time, because they use delay tactics a lot but if you go early the tactics might not affect you. Otherwise, you can choose not to give them anything but be ready for small delay.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kokobi99: 9:55am On Mar 16, 2015
[quote author=ukchy post=31608755]My experience so far...1 week+

-Aussies are good and friendly people,they always willing to help,like JJC i be, i always ask question and they will direct you with smile

-They smile a lot...I love that.

-Excellent transport system

-Sweet weather..

-Queen street Mall....Waooo, i wonder when i will master the whole place.(Lovely place to be)

-TODAY...I eat Egusi soup well prepared by mua..Have been eating spaghetti and indomie since i came here cry

I meet a Nigerian yesterday and she directed me to this beautiful Nigerian shop @ INALA PLAZA,Own by a Yoruba woman from Ekiti State she stock every Naija food stuff and cosmetics,Attachments ,women hair thinz etc..

Shop 60 Inala Plaza.

Just enter Bus 110 from Queen street mall Station Platform A(Underground station).Down to A3 gate.Express bus to Inala plaza,last bus stop,enter and shop as you like.

Still looking for accommodation though is difficult to get child friendly accommodation here for a woman with kids,they prefer giving to couple or single adult...Too bad na only me waka come undecided.Hubby yet to join me.But am hopeful this coming week will be positive.

(NAIRALANDERS IN BRISBANE PLEASE TAKE NOTE INCASE YOU SEE ANY OR KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ACCOMMODATION THAT IS CHILD/KID FRIENDLY(SOUTH OR EASTERN SUBURB).Kindly Let me know please

Above all,Australia is a beautiful country and great place to be.

Loving every minute i spend here.

To all intending migrants,i wish you all journey mercy,always be a good Ambassador and represent Naija well here..

Shallom[/qu

Smile is their culture, am not sure is from their heart. You will soon notice the smile is just for formalities.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 16, 2015
[quote author=kokobi99 post=31665736][/quote]

You don't ve to be negative about everything free your mind.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 10:15am On Mar 16, 2015
gnykelly:

I pray God almighty establish you guys foot over there.

Amen.Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 10:38am On Mar 16, 2015
Just to add to this..

Please buy the necessary household things you need in Naija before coming here i mean,things like phone charger,Google the type of extension and adapter Aussie use so you buy it before coming( is totally different with ours).Why am saying this is because things are pretty expensive here oo,common USB cable is $15 and blackberry mouth charger is $30 and movable adapter is $15,Sun shade if possible cos is very sunny now

Safe journey a

weemee:

Your printed visa information
Passport and booking confirmation
Cash depends on the individual, but I will advice you travel with at least 500 Dollars.
Also prepare 2000 Naira in several denominations for your people at the immigration. However, if you want to avoid that, be at the Airport as early as possible and check in on time, because they use delay tactics a lot but if you go early the tactics might not affect you. Otherwise, you can choose not to give them anything but be ready for small delay.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 16, 2015
bossladyMo:

I migrated as an Agricultural Consultant.

Poultry Farmer is available on the WA list...you should check and confirm. Not sure if you qualify for A. Consultant if your experience is in poultry farming.

Check for the job description in anzsco

Pls what is WA list? Am.very new here so sorry if it's obvious. I am looking at the skilled independent and I think I should be able to fit under any Agricultural heading since am an Integrated farming Manager.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
Toby77:

l
Pls what is WA list? Am.very new here so sorry if it's obvious. I am looking at the skilled independent and I think I should be able to fit under any Agricultural heading since am an Integrated farming Manager.

WA list is the Western Australia State Occupation List...lik the SOL for states.

If you feel your work exp match up with 234111, then go for it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
[quote author=kokobi99 post=31665736][/quote]

Why don't you leave your house and spend 1hr in Australia before arriving at such a conclusion.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 16, 2015
bossladyMo:

Why don't you leave your house and spend 1hr in Australia before arriving at such a conclusion.

Don't mind him.he's just used to negativity.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by enilim: 2:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
Hello all,
Tafe schools have also joined this agent thing, Pls any idea of tafe schools that will accept direct application for the July intake.
Will appreciate your contribution.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kokobi99: 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
bossladyMo:

You dont need to be in a country to know what is happening there. We are in a global world. I wish you best of luck madam.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 16, 2015
bossladyMo:

No email will be sent. Your profile status will change to positive or negative within 24hrs (business day I think).

Dear all

Still trying to figure out how to create a thread / post comments... i'm new on this forum smiley

Just wondering if a BSc in biological sciences and a Postgrad diploma in Public health will be highly relevant qualifications for nominating environmental health officer with VETASSESS.I have work experience in the field
any suggestions?

thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
justwise:
Ask/make your Australian visa contributions here, i have seen increasing number of different threads about Australian visa recently hence the need to dedicate one thread for Australian visa issues.

Dear all

Still trying to figure out how to create a thread / post comments... i'm new on this forum smiley

Just wondering if a BSc in biological sciences and a Postgrad diploma in Public health will be highly relevant qualifications for nominating environmental health officer with VETASSESS.I have work experience in the field
any suggestions?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mclarry(m): 9:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
Hi all,

I'm new to the thread. Have read thru and found it very interesting, helpful, & inspiring. I have aspirations as most of us do in here and congrats to all who have recorded successes in one way or the other. I'm aspiring towards subclass 189 or 190. Counting on your experiences as regards to vetting my lil profile below:

Nominated occupation: Internal Auditor
Assessing Body: VETASSESS (Waiting till June to complete 9 years of experience before applying)
Qualifications: BSc Accountancy 2003, ACCA Certificate in international auditing 2015, Member Institute of internal auditors - Nigeria(certification in view)
Years of Experience: 8 years in same organization, (June 2015 will make it 9 years.)
Documents: Will be as required on VETASSESS website.

From above, what are my chances of a positive response on a scale of 1 - 10? Thanks for anticipated response(s).
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 9:22pm On Mar 16, 2015
mclarry:
Hi all,

I'm new to the thread. Have read thru and found it very interesting, helpful, & inspiring. I have aspirations as most of us do in here and congrats to all who have recorded successes in one way or the other. I'm aspiring towards subclass 189 or 190. Counting on your experiences as regards to vetting my lil profile below:

Assessing Body: VETASSESS (Waiting till June to complete 9 years of experience before applying)
Qualifications: BSc Accountancy 2003, ACCA Certificate in international auditing 2015, Member Institute of internal auditors - Nigeria(certification in view)
Years of Experience: 8 years in same organization, (June 2015 will make it 9 years.)

From above, what are my chances of a positive response on a scale of 1 - 10? Thanks for anticipated response(s).

My Ratings: 10
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 16, 2015
@mclarry...ten/ten in my opinion. But u can start making progress on ur B.Sc transcript if ur school is d delaying difficult one.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
nikky2015:

Dear all

any suggestions?
I think if ur duties are in line with d nominated occupation, u can try assess.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mclarry(m): 9:50pm On Mar 16, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

My Ratings: 10

Many thanks mrnilobrawn!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mclarry(m): 9:57pm On Mar 16, 2015
ferdimako:
@mclarry...ten/ten in my opinion. But u can start making progress on ur B.Sc transcript if ur school is d delaying difficult one.

Much appreciated ferdimako. My school adopts itranscript so no delays usually. Currently waiting till June for the 9th year to be deemed skilled for 8 years. I'm aiming to claim 15 points in that category.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mclarry(m): 10:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
ferdimako:

I think if ur duties are in line with d nominated occupation, u can try assess.

Yeah. Duties have been more in areas of auditing operational processes, testing compliance to control policies & highlighting risk areas within the system. This is supported by suggesting process improvements to reduce financial costs/loss, eliminate chances of fraud, etc.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chase123: 10:41pm On Mar 16, 2015
Please my fellow nairalander, is there any Nigerian who migrated to Australia through the skilled worker program who is enjoying the priviledge of a social welfare services while they are yet to get work in Australia
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 16, 2015
mclarry:
Hi all,

Why don't you apply for a VETASSESS advisory service first? Takes just 10days and about 15k to get it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 16, 2015
chase123:
Please my fellow nairalander, is there any Nigerian who migrated to Australia through the skilled worker program who is enjoying the priviledge of a social welfare services while they are yet to get work in Australia

For now, all a new migrant is entitled to is Child Care Rebate, Child Care Benefit, and Family Tax Benefit A&B.

You have to wait 2 years for the rest.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 16, 2015
nikky2015:

Dear all

any suggestions?

Why don't you apply for a VETASSESS advisory service first? Takes just 10days and about 15k to get it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.