Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (755635 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prost80(m): 7:17am On Mar 13, 2015
NNBB2012:

You do not need Assessment from Engineers Australia to be able to work as an Engineer in Australia once you have your PR. If you already got your positive assessment from elsewhere, and you are very sure you have the required-60points, then go ahead and apply for your visa. You are not tied to the skill you nominated in Australia. It is purely for migration purpose.

Thanks for info
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by olediway: 7:55am On Mar 13, 2015
Preciousstones:

Good morning,you ve not answered the question,this nairaland member asked if schools verifies bank statement and certificates and if australian schools call these institutions;and did not mention embassy.olediway yes some australian schools request for these documents but I don't know about calling them.just try and be clean.all the best.
precioustones tnx,a friend asked me if i knw how australia schools assess documents under SVP,if dey liase with nigeria banks for verification?and dat he doesnt have any biz of submitting acount statemt to embassy,so he wishes to know if d account statement is subject to verification..tanx]pls help ooo
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by olediway: 7:57am On Mar 13, 2015
nkechima:

I do not know much about the skull verification thing but the embassy do oooh and if found guilty 4020 law will be used against U. this means , 3 years ban will be placed on any study related program. Talking from experience, used one real statement and one generated though not intentional....... the generated was given to me by my hubby that's Y I used the word not international
nkechima tnx..buh not to embassy..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 13, 2015
prost80:

Thanks ferdimako. I presently want to wait till year end or beginning of next year to have appropriate experience as a Materials Engr, what will you advice?
but u have been told u can go in as an engineer and work as a tiller. Sb told u this since and nnbb22 just did.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 13, 2015
olediway:
precioustones tnx,a fri end asked me if i knw how australia schools assess documents under SVP,if dey liase with nigeria banks for verification?and dat he doesnt have any biz of submitting acount statemt to embassy,so he wishes to know if d account statement is subject to verification..tanx

I ve not gotten to that stage yet,I believe somebody here will help.some members have gone through Svp.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by olediway: 10:04am On Mar 13, 2015
Preciousstones:

I ve not gotten to that stage yet,I believe somebody here will help.some members have gone through Svp.
pls house help oooooi
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 10:37am On Mar 13, 2015
olediway:
pls house help oooooi
Why curious if they verify or not.....are you planning on something fishy?..
If you dont hav genuine statement you should look for schools that dont require bank statement.... What ever doc u provide they hav the luxury, resources and official channels to verify them...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 6:18pm On Mar 13, 2015
Hello All,

Pls how do i get my docs to be under 5mb especially the pdf merged files like payslips, form 80 etc. as DIBP doesn't want compressed files?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2015
Preciousstones:

Good morning,you ve not answered the question,this nairaland member asked if schools verifies bank statement and certificates and if australian schools call these institutions;and did not mention embassy.olediway yes some australian schools request for these documents but I don't know about calling them.just try and be clean.all the best.
I think I made myself clear enough in my contribution when I said I do not know much about skulls. More so, someone might need the information I provided. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Teeboy22(m): 9:52pm On Mar 13, 2015
bossladyMo:

I am adapting very fine ooo...it's hot here at the moment. Thank God for constant electricity...so at least the fan can be on.

Yea....some will ask you to do an online assessment, while some just take you straight to interviews. But for this one I got, I did an online assessment, then phone interview, then a meet&greet kinda physical interview. Accent isn't posing a problem...but that is because I don't have any Nigerian tribe influence on my accent. So if you have a bit of an Ibo/Yoruba/Hausa accent already, it might be a tad bit harder for them to hear you (I stand corrected though). But when it comes to hearing them...sometimes I don't hear what they say well o...guess because I am in a regional area...the accent is so deep. I expect the Aussies in the cities to have a cleaner and clearer accent tho. It's just like going to yankee and going down South...their accent there is totally different and harder to understand, compared to someone from New York, LA etc speak. But once again, it all depends on you...my husband hears them better. But I guess as I work and hang out with them more, my ears will fine tune itself.

If you are going to stay in a regional area, be prepared to have stares and surprised faces when you speak English. Even at work, some people are surprised I speak good English...and I'm like, I prolly speak better English than you sef lol (in my head tho lol). I reckon it will be different in the cities though. So that fact might work for you, as they will be dazzled cos they were not expecting such.

ladyboss i greet u oo..pls i have a fwend here he is asking if there is any australian embasy in nigeria...lagos 2 b precise.pls if yes can you help us wit d adress.....tnx dear
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Teeboy22(m): 9:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
izykvision0:
Hello All,

Pls how do i get my docs to be under 5mb especially the pdf merged files like payslips, form 80 etc. as DIBP doesn't want compressed files?

.pls i have a fwend here he
is asking if there is any australian embasy in
nigeria...lagos 2 b precise.pls if yes can you help
us wit d adress.....tnx dear
mrnilobrawn:

Why curious if they verify or not.....are you planning on something fishy?..
If you dont hav genuine statement you should look for schools that dont require bank statement.... What ever doc u provide they hav the luxury, resources and official channels to verify them...

Preciousstones:

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 10:18pm On Mar 13, 2015
Teeboy22:

No embassy in Nigeria. Service locations http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Locations/Pages/Nigeria.aspx
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
Futuredon, areyou serious,?lol Guess they are already rubbing off on me plenty lol
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by weemee: 11:22pm On Mar 13, 2015
My experience so far in two weeks, I think I'm getting to hear them very well when they speak unlike when I first came. Though i still repeat myself a lot when I speak to them, it seems they are not familiar with some vocabularies thats just basic to us.
Our convenor told me yesterday she likes my English, she does cos she has travelled far and wide.
Hilarious, its multicultural here thats how i met one chinko wey dey blow accent.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 14, 2015
weemee:
My experience so far in two weeks, I think I'm getting to hear them very well when they speak unlike when I first came. Though i still repeat myself a lot when I speak to them, it seems they are not familiar with some vocabularies thats just basic to us.
Our convenor told me yesterday she likes my English, she does cos she has travelled far and wide.
Hilarious, its multicultural here thats how i met one chinko wey dey blow accent.

So multicultural! My trainer na half Asian half European...but if hear his full blown Aussie accent ehn...you go don bet your entire ancestral linne se na original Aussie.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by weemee: 3:07am On Mar 14, 2015
Imagine that! That makes it interesting.
My regards to your family.

bossladyMo:

So multicultural! My trainer na half Asian half European...but if hear his full blown Aussie accent ehn...you go don bet your entire ancestral linne se na original Aussie.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 12:58pm On Mar 14, 2015
My experience so far...1 week+

-Aussies are good and friendly people,they always willing to help,like JJC i be, i always ask question and they will direct you with smile

-They smile a lot...I love that.

-Excellent transport system

-Sweet weather..

-Queen street Mall....Waooo, i wonder when i will master the whole place.(Lovely place to be)

-TODAY...I eat Egusi soup well prepared by mua..Have been eating spaghetti and indomie since i came here cry

I meet a Nigerian yesterday and she directed me to this beautiful Nigerian shop @ INALA PLAZA,Own by a Yoruba woman from Ekiti State she stock every Naija food stuff and cosmetics,Attachments ,women hair thinz etc..

Shop 60 Inala Plaza.

Just enter Bus 110 from Queen street mall Station Platform A(Underground station).Down to A3 gate.Express bus to Inala plaza,last bus stop,enter and shop as you like.

Still looking for accommodation though is difficult to get child friendly accommodation here for a woman with kids,they prefer giving to couple or single adult...Too bad na only me waka come undecided.Hubby yet to join me.But am hopeful this coming week will be positive.

(NAIRALANDERS IN BRISBANE PLEASE TAKE NOTE INCASE YOU SEE ANY OR KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ACCOMMODATION THAT IS CHILD/KID FRIENDLY(SOUTH OR EASTERN SUBURB).Kindly Let me know please

Above all,Australia is a beautiful country and great place to be.

Loving every minute i spend here.

To all intending migrants,i wish you all journey mercy,always be a good Ambassador and represent Naija well here..

Shallom

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 1:16pm On Mar 14, 2015
My experience so far....

Loading====>

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gnykelly(m): 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2015
ukchy:
My experience so far...1 week+

-Aussies are good and friendly people,they always willing to help,like JJC i be, i always ask question and they will direct you with smile

-They smile a lot...I love that.

-Excellent transport system

-Sweet weather..

-Queen street Mall....Waooo, i wonder when i will master the whole place.(Lovely place to be)

-TODAY...I eat Egusi soup well prepared by mua..Have been eating spaghetti and indomie since i came here cry

I meet a Nigerian yesterday and she directed me to this beautiful Nigerian shop @ INALA PLAZA,Own by a Yoruba woman from Ekiti State she stock every Naija food stuff and cosmetics,Attachments ,women hair thinz etc..

Shop 60 Inala Plaza.

Just enter Bus 110 from Queen street mall Station Platform A(Underground station).Down to A3 gate.Express bus to Inala plaza,last bus stop,enter and shop as you like.

Still looking for accommodation though is difficult to get child friendly accommodation here for a woman with kids,they prefer giving to couple or single adult...Too bad na only me waka come undecided.Hubby yet to join me.But am hopeful this coming week will be positive.

(NAIRALANDERS IN BRISBANE PLEASE TAKE NOTE INCASE YOU SEE ANY OR KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ACCOMMODATION THAT IS CHILD/KID FRIENDLY(SOUTH OR EASTERN SUBURB).Kindly Let me know please

Above all,Australia is a beautiful country and great place to be.

Loving every minute i spend here.

To all intending migrants,i wish you all journey mercy,always be a good Ambassador and represent Naija well here..

Shallom

so where have you guys been staying. and how have you been coping jobwise
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by weemee: 10:16pm On Mar 14, 2015
Waoh! I have got to visit Brisbane soon because of that food.Yet to see where I can get that naija food here in Gold Coast.
Though i have been having a good meal unlike my first week.

gnykelly:

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Teeboy22(m): 10:22pm On Mar 14, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

No embassy in Nigeria. Service locations http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Locations/Pages/Nigeria.aspx

thanks Bruv

JAH BLESS
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 15, 2015
weemee:
Waoh! I have got to visit Brisbane soon because of that food.Yet to see where I can get that naija food here in Gold Coast.
Though i have been having a good meal unlike my first week.

I found one in Townwville though. Pricey, but good quality.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by weemee: 2:43am On Mar 15, 2015
Good for you. At least the whole family can visit once in a while.

bossladyMo:

I found one in Townwville though. Pricey, but good quality.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:29am On Mar 15, 2015
bossladyMo:

Asians have been in Australia for generations starting from the Australian gold rush of the 19th century. As at 1861, Chinese immigrants made up 3.3% of the Australian population. So, most of the Asians would see have been here for generations, their population is much more pronounced in the then Gold capitals of Australia: Sydney and Melbourne.

You can read read more about the Gold Rush era on the link below:

http://www.australia.gov.au/about-australia/australian-story/austn-gold-rush

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 6:32am On Mar 15, 2015
My experience 4 weeks

Friendly people, willing to help, always smiling.

Beautiful place, nice weather at the moment

no work yet..

ACt is calm but its all OYO...

Everything here is certificates taking care of old people you must have cert iv in age care, house keeping job police clearance and hospitality training... chai everything is money o

first visit to the state hospital 470$ billing yepa

Its a place you would want to live, a place where there is no much difference btw the rich and poor(stand to be corrected), a place where different BTW white collar job and labour job has no much diff in salary, a place where i see a camry 1998 thin light for 600$, didn't buy it o cos no job yet

A lovely place in general will talk more later

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by DaRocha: 6:33am On Mar 15, 2015
CAVEAT EMPTOR on VETASSESS - Internal Auditor Occupation (ANZSCO code 221214)!!!!

Please if you are a Nigerian Chartered Accountant, with Internal Audit experience, and with ICAN qualification ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT GO NEAR VETASSESS for skilled migrant assessment for the Internal Auditor Occupation. It will be a waste of money. ICAN is NOT recognised by VETASSESS and the resson for this is that ICAN is not recognised by the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC) as an institution of academic education. Until then, please stay away from the Internal Auditor occupation/VETASSESS and save your forex.

With ACCA qualification, ensure you have some years of working experience (after the ACCA qualification is obtained) before applying to VETASSESS for the assessment for the Internal Auditor occupation. I repeat, (after the ACCA qualification is obtained).

The above-information is based on my personal experience with VETASSESS and enquiries made from Australian Immigration Advisors (former immigrants) with accountancy qualification.

I have also made enquiries at CPA (Australia), Institute of Charterted Accountants of Australia & New Zealand and Institute of Practising Accountants of Australia (IPAA) on whether they recognise ICAN qualification for skilled migration purposes. I am yet to receive any response from them. When I do, their responses will be posted here for guidance.

Please you are all free to provide any authentic information that is contrary to this, preferably based on personal experience.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 7:26am On Mar 15, 2015
alukojosh:
My experience 4 weeks

Friendly people, willing to help, always smiling.

Beautiful place, nice weather at the moment

no work yet..

ACt is calm but its all OYO...

Everything here is certificates taking care of old people you must have cert iv in age care, house keeping job police clearance and hospitality training... chai everything is money o

first visit to the state hospital 470$ billing yepa

Its a place you would want to live, a place where there is no much difference btw the rich and poor(stand to be corrected), a place where different BTW white collar job and labour job has no much diff in salary, a place where i see a camry 1998 thin light for 600$,didn't buy it o cos no job yet

A lovely place in general will talk more later
Glad you are loving it there. @ the bolded, what happen to your health coverage?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 9:32am On Mar 15, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Glad you are loving it there. @ the bolded, what happen to your health coverage?

OSHC is not on the general hospital list so when they send the bill, I'll take it to OSHC office to know what percentage they will refund
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 10:16am On Mar 15, 2015
alukojosh:

OSHC is not on the general hospital list so when they send the bill, I'll take it to OSHC office to know what percentage they will refund
Then why are they giving us OSHC coverage?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 12:58pm On Mar 15, 2015
gnykelly:

Staying in a temp apartment i booked before coming
No job for now,still trying to settle down

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.