Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,732 members, 7,824,065 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder (26735 Views)

Pharmaceutical Society Of Nigeria (press Release) On Cynthia's Murder Case / Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence / Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by 2mch(m): 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2012
"[size=18pt]I just started my pharmacy internship at 'Oxpharm', a pharmacy in Festac about two months ago[/size]. Last week Monday (20/08/12), I was doing my job when a middle aged man walked into the pharmacy and made complaints of persistent generalized body pains and difficulty with sleeping as a result of an accident he had some weeks back. The individual then specifically requested for the drug Rohypnol® (Flunitrazepam). [size=18pt]I then asked for the Doctors prescription. The individual said he had none but begged that he really needs the drug to help his condition because all others did not give him relief.[/size][size=8pt][/size] I still refused but after much begging and after profiling the individual as one who was not at risk to addiction to the drug, I sold the individual 1 satchet of drug and counselled him to see a doctor. After which I recorded the purchase of the drug in the Pharmacy's register.

This is where the guy killed his case. He cannot claim ignorance about the drug, or the fact that it required a doctor's prescription. he has confessed this with his own mouth. The police are only guilty of nollywood acting. The burden of proof is now on Nonso to prove that he did not conspire with the killers or does not belong to this syndicate. cool. The bolded also shows he was working there at the time the girl was killed. The police did all this to catch him and make his prosecution swift. Now he cannot deny selling to those guys.

1 Like

Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by kinguwem: 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2012
KDULAR: Gentlemen reAD AND BE INFORMED THAT UNDER THE LAW GUIDING PRESCRIPTIONS OF DRUGS. THE SAID DRUG IN QUESTION DOES NOT REQUIRE A PRESCRIPTION FROM A DOCTOR. THEREFORE, THE GUY HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING WRONG MY SOURCE THE DDA ( SCHEDULE 4 DRUGS UNDER THE DDA) . ANY PHARMACIST OR KNOWLEDGEABLE MEDICAL DOCTOR/ DENTIST OR PSYCHOLOGIST CAN CONFIRM OR DISPEL MY STATEMENT. I POSTED THIS EARLIER AND NOBODY IS YET TO TELL ME I'M WRONG. SO DON'T JUST PASS JUDGEMENT BASED ON EMOTIONS PEOPLE
In Nigeria controlled drugs are dispensed and administered only with a written prescription of a physician or any other officer authorized to prescribe such drug. The pharmacist erred by dispensing the controlled drug without a written prescription.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by elari(m): 8:24pm On Aug 29, 2012
tpia@:

yes, you're supposed to do that.
. . . So u wanna tell me u go to a doctor to give u prescription to buy panadol when u hav a headache? Ok o. . .
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by KDULAR: 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2012
[b]
kinguwem: In Nigeria controlled drugs are dispensed and administered only with a written prescription of a physician or any other officer authorized to prescribe such drug. The pharmacist erred by dispensing the controlled drug without a written prescription.

I AM INFORMING YOU THAT THERE EVEN IN THE DDA ( DANGEROUS DRUG ACT IN NIGERIA ) THIS PARTICULAR DRUG DOES NOT REQUIRE A MEDICAL DOCTORS PRESCRIPTION BEFORE YOU CAN DISPENSE. THE TRUTH IS WE GENERALISE ALL DRUGS DUE TO WHAT WE HEAR FROM PEOPLE BUT I AM TELLING YOU WITH ALL CONFIDENCE THAT THE GUY DID NOT ERR IN ANYWAY , HOWEVER, BEING AN INTERN, HE' SUPPOSSED TO BE UNDER SOMEONE ELSE' SUPERVISION. AND THAT IS A MINOR ISSUE PROFESSIONALLY AND THE PUNISHMENT IS NOT REALLY ON HIM . BUT IN THIS CASE A CASE WILL BE EASILY WON BY THE PHARMACIST AND THE PHARMACY . JUST WATCH. THE POLICE WILL BE DISGRACED IN THIS . THEY REALLY FEAST ON PEOPLES FEAR AND IGNORANCE.WHICH A LOT OF US ARE PERPETRATING EVEN ON THIS TOPIC. I NEED SOMEONE TO STATE ME AN AUTHORITY THAT'LL PROVE ME WRONG. CHIKENA[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by santakris(m): 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2012
You hv heard it all. Go get a good and competent lawyer.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by coogar: 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2012
Okija_juju:
Dude!! And again, I don't believe that nonsense about Nonso not being the Pharmacist that sold the drug to those criminals.. The Nigerian Police are crass and corrupt and inefficient, but when it comes to high profile cases with publicity like this, they cover their asses as best as they can.. I believe strongly that Nonso sold them the drug..

you are annoyingly mentally-lazy.....
why would the police need to act nollywood(by sending an old man to the store to ask for the same drug) if they were sure nonso dispensed the drug that sedated cynthia? if the murder suspects really confessed nonso was the supplier of the drug, the police would just walk in there and take him without needing to dramatise - that's standard nigerian police method of arrest!

in the confession of the suspects, they didn't mention nonso - there's no evidence that the drug was bought in festac - it could have been bought in enugu or ikeja where they picked cynthia. the fact they coaxed nonso to dispense a controlled drug to an old man does not prove he dispensed the drug to the murder suspects - that's just intellectual sterility!
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by duni04(m): 9:03pm On Aug 29, 2012
Damseluc: Its just stupid to charge someone for Murder for this, not even manslaughter, Murder! Very very stupid

@duni04. please what is the difference between murder and manslaughter?
In the eyes of the law, murder is premeditated execution or killing. Manslaughter means the killing was not premeditated or you're somehow involved in a killing or homicide but not directly responsible but your actions may have resulted in the death of the person. Maybe an accidental killing or killing someone in self defence or causing death in some way. Same with culpable homicide
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by lordhugo(m): 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

Abobbi, you don madt finish.. grin grin
oh mehn, see badt guys.......na una know ooo.....i no know rophynol oooo
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by Babalegba(m): 10:15pm On Aug 29, 2012
I gave up on Nigerians thinking aright a long time ago so the insults coming from the OP were to be expected but at least the posts were constructed with reasonable grammatic finese so our educational system appears to be inching forward. The fact of the matter is that everybody in police net always claim to be innocent ,it happens all over the world and also criminals protect one another and would not give someone up just like that. THe police are corrupt but not stupid , they would not go and bait Nonso without reason .The criminals said Cynthia was their fifth victim so they must have a drug supplier. In a sane country the police would initially charge Nonso with restricted drug supply and conspiracy to commit murder and send his file to the public prosecutor who will make a final decision based on available evidence. I do hope that Nonso gets a fair and just trial.On a final note I have to say that hurling insults at people over the internet is childish and cowardly.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by omosexy1: 10:25pm On Aug 29, 2012
Little wonder. I have purchased drugs from that pharmacist. Nice guy. Peeps mark my words, those people caught are not the real killers. The real killers are walking free. They are staging a drama for us all to watch because of the high profile of Cynthia's father. I know Festac policemen very well. They are extremely corrupt. This is extremely sad. I pray the truth comes out quickly.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by infolekan(m): 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2012
KDULAR: The truth is as an intern in the first place , he is supposed to be supervise by a registered pharmacist.
I must however say categorically here that the guy dispensing the drug, has not contravened the laws of the country or the DDA in that Rohypnol containing the chemcal flumatrazepam and the drugs in the class Benzodizepines are in the schedule 4 of the DDA act which means that the drugs are do not require special prescription or no special custody requirements, no documentation as to dispensing is required however,invoices should be kept for at least 2 years.
The police is wrong arresting him for that, unless the arrest is conducted by an officer had it been that drugs in higher schedules like cocaine , heroine etc are involved.
Murder, manslaughter cannot thus be be pinned on him unless he is directly involved in the MURDER and the invoices are not kept.

With a knowledgable not neccessarily good pharmacolegal , he will win the case if the only thing police can pin on hom is the sale. And I guess , the guy don hammer.!!!. Similar to Baba Suwe and NDLEA
Well said but anybody that went to school and was taught anything about knows that the only thing spectacular about Rophynol is that it is used for date rape. I'm a Med Doctor and have prescribed several classes of benzodiazepines(diazepam,clonazepam, midazolam & all). But the rophynol is the only one in that class that has the tag date rape attached to it and I knew that since my 3rd year in Medical school. A Pharmacist should know that and that should even put his guard up if a man now walks in and asks specifically for that particular drug of the over 20 sedative/hypnotics in that class....and to think the person came in WITHOUT a prescription.
The only thing I know they use it for is for 'date rape' and in my over 6 years of work. I'm yet to meet a single case where it has been prescribed before.
There's that path where we cross from simple misconduct to gross negligence of duty.

2 Likes

Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by Revolva(m): 10:40pm On Aug 29, 2012
Look I wanna know if it is nonso pharmacy that sold the drug to those bastards that murdered cynthia ? If its not his pharmacy then why would a police pretend like a sick person and beg to sell drug - which nonso neverwanted to sell but sold out of pity and being arrested -its wrong ooo nigerian police pls I sabi una well well ok now they will start raiding all pharmacies in festac and mile 2 area if ppossible around lagos, catching innocent folks - ave been a victim before for sometin I no even know illegal raiding - threewords #fuckthepolice
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by tpia5: 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2012

upon all my grammar, u still quote the guy?

i only noticed him saying he buys this same prescription drug without a doctor's order.

he was almost boasting sef.

maybe he uses it for something else? That's the same attitude that got this pharmacist in trouble.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by tpia5: 10:43pm On Aug 29, 2012
@ topic

overseas, all this excuse na grammer o, sorry to say.

westerners will toss you in the slammer faster than you can say "sympathy", or "old man in pain".

his friends should just get him a good lawyer and btw which school is being referred to here.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by coogar: 10:50pm On Aug 29, 2012
Revolva: Look I wanna know if it is nonso pharmacy that sold the drug to those bastards that murdered cynthia ? If its not his pharmacy then why would a police pretend like a sick person and beg to sell drug - which nonso neverwanted to sell but sold out of pity and being arrested -its wrong ooo nigerian police pls I sabi una well well ok now they will start raiding all pharmacies in festac and mile 2 area if ppossible around lagos, catching innocent folks - ave been a victim before for sometin I no even know illegal raiding - threewords #fuckthepolice

if nonso's pharmacy dispensed the drug that killed cynthia, the nigerian police i know would have gone to the store directly to arrest every adult male there without drama! why would they need to dramatise nollywood before making an arrest? the only reason they could have had to raid nonso's pharmacy was if the murder suspects had confessed nonso's pharmacy sold them the drugs........no matter how you look at it, this is lazy investigation and nigerians should rise against this injustice!
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by jumobi1(m): 10:51pm On Aug 29, 2012
miky: Doesn't matter,, as far as he gave in to something he shouldn't have.. If he was trying to help he could have driven the guy to a hospital to go get prescription... Here in the USA the police lure child sex offenders through Internet, only to charge them later and imprison them..

Ummm. That's illegal in the USA. It's called entrapment. Dude messed up anyways but the police's tactic is illegal.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by infolekan(m): 10:56pm On Aug 29, 2012
KDULAR:
I AM INFORMING YOU THAT THERE EVEN IN THE DDA ( DANGEROUS DRUG ACT IN NIGERIA ) THIS PARTICULAR DRUG DOES NOT REQUIRE A MEDICAL DOCTORS PRESCRIPTION BEFORE YOU CAN DISPENSE. THE TRUTH IS WE GENERALISE ALL DRUGS DUE TO WHAT WE HEAR FROM PEOPLE BUT I AM TELLING YOU WITH ALL CONFIDENCE THAT THE GUY DID NOT ERR IN ANYWAY , HOWEVER, BEING AN INTERN, HE' SUPPOSSED TO BE UNDER SOMEONE ELSE' SUPERVISION. AND THAT IS A MINOR ISSUE PROFESSIONALLY AND THE PUNISHMENT IS NOT REALLY ON HIM . BUT IN THIS CASE A CASE WILL BE EASILY WON BY THE PHARMACIST AND THE PHARMACY . JUST WATCH. THE POLICE WILL BE DISGRACED IN THIS . THEY REALLY FEAST ON PEOPLES FEAR AND IGNORANCE.WHICH A LOT OF US ARE PERPETRATING EVEN ON THIS TOPIC. I NEED SOMEONE TO STATE ME AN AUTHORITY THAT'LL PROVE ME WRONG. CHIKENA

Take your time to read about the drugs before explaining what you don't understand. No sedative is ever given as over the counter anywhere in the world and the are even called prescription only drugs which means it must be given by a registered pharmacist.
And the dda you're quoting was taking about cocaine and amphetamine and other controlled substances. Take time to read these things before posting please. A lot of people read stuff on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by Dee60: 10:57pm On Aug 29, 2012
The issue here is simple - The credibility of the Police is at stake. That may damage their entire case in this saga! Yes. The real lesson is that the security officers should do proper investigations. At any rate, it is ILLEGAL to parade people as guilty unless the court has said so. In that as well, they have erred. The Police does not need to score cheap points but do credible job that will portray them in good light. Right now, they are hardly trusted by the populace and they need to correct that. As this case is going, their credibility is again being put into question.

1 Like

Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by tpia5: 11:07pm On Aug 29, 2012
in what way is the credibility of the police at stake?

and how are they parading the suspects as guilty when they havent even shown their faces? Till date the killers are refusing to face the camera.

And they gave REPORTERS a full confession in plain daylight. There isnt even a single mark on them for people to wonder if they were tortured.

as per the pharmacists- GET A LAWYER.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by infolekan(m): 11:12pm On Aug 29, 2012
Dee60: The issue here is simple - The credibility of the Police is at stake. That may damage their entire case in this saga! Yes. The real lesson is that the security officers should do proper investigations. At any rate, it is ILLEGAL to parade people as guilty unless the court has said so. In that as well, they have erred. The Police does not need to score cheap points but do credible job that will portray them in good light. Right now, they are hardly trusted by the populace and they need to correct that. As this case is going, their credibility is again being put into question.

And what in the whole thing has put the police credibility at stake? Apart from their known past misdemanour though. The only thing that can make any sense to me here is if Nonso claims he was corced or forced to sign the statement. There are situations in Medical practice where you give people cocaine for pain but it will really be unfortunate for someone to give a patient such without a Doctors prescription as these are not commonly prescribed drugs with well known abuse profile.
Its Murder if the police can prove he is colluding with the arrested boys......and manslaugter at its best.
When you drive through a town and your 'brakes fail'and you kill a stranger....you could fight for manslaughter.
But when you drive through a town and you 'brakes fail' and you kill your creditor...claiming manslaughter will be incredulous not when there is a motive.
At least he dint deny not selling the drug......#iamnotasainttoothough#
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by onomeasike: 11:29pm On Aug 29, 2012
eeyah,see pharmaceutically ignorant people celebrating their ignorance online.
infolekan:

Take your time to read about the drugs before explaining what you don't understand. No sedative is ever given as over the counter anywhere in the world and the are even called prescription only drugs which means it must be given by a registered pharmacist.
And the dda you're quoting was taking about cocaine and amphetamine and other controlled substances. Take time to read these things before posting please. A lot of people read stuff on nairaland

You claim to be a medical doctor yet you dont know that ordinary chloropheniramine(piriton)and all the older antihistamines can sedate and it is sold over-the-counter.This ignorance you have just displayed usually humour most pharmacists I know,they laugh when physicians claim to know drugs because they spent just 2 years doing pharmacology.You even emphasized 'WITHOUT DOCTOR'S PRESCRIPTION' when in actual fact you dont even know what you are saying.In demanding doctor's prescription,it is not due to any superior knowledge or authority of the the presciber,in the first place all medicines are compounded and produced by pharmacists and would only hand it over only to a pharmacist,it would not be in the interest of the patients if the pharmacist also monopolises prescription and dispensing of the medicines so it is fair that an independent assessor who in this case is the physician is allowed to prescribe,it does not preclude the pharmacists from prescribing other classes of drugs,it is only for those controlled substances as you tried hard to conceal,the pharmacist on mere seeing a prescription of any medicine at all knows what is wrong with the patient and where there is a deficiency in the prescription pattern for that medical condition,he is extremely competent and knowledgeable to identity and remedy it.THE FINAL DECISION TO DISPENSE A DRUG OR NOT RESTS SQUARELY WITH THE PHARMACIST!!In an event where a presciber makes a wrong prescription,the pharmacist is legally competent to overrule such prescription and if he fails to do so,he is the one who gets punished,NOT THE PRESCRIBER.

2 Likes

Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:52pm On Aug 29, 2012
Okija_juju: The day ignarance becomes an acceptable defence under the law, thats the day I would start to havve mercy on him..

PHARMACY 101: Thou shall not sell prescription drugs to ANYBODY without a valid Doctors Prescription..

PHARMACY 101 (section 2): Thou shall not sell drugs with fatal overdose side effect to minors..

He isnt guilty of Murder, but of definitely of 'willfull misconduct', and 'negligible homicide'.. The Prosecution could also file charges of 'negligible manslaughter' against him, but definitely not MURDER 1.

If you read the article posted, the writer clearly said that he should be charged for a crime he commited and not for one he didn't. If he is charged for selling prescription drug without prescription, this article won't be written in the first place.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by dreu2fine(m): 11:56pm On Aug 29, 2012
Guy i share ur pains but d death of d babe pain me pass.as for ur frd i dnt think e will b killed but jail for sm yrs,d famacy certificate may b revoked.guy mk una fnd better money luk for a lawyer as said by a guy here,as ur department to asist u guys,her burial is 7sepember at agor.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by onomeasike: 12:03am On Aug 30, 2012
to those who are not in the health business,I apologise if I made mockery of your ignorance,your ignorance is understandable but for those pharmacists' rivals or medical doctors who have hidden behind the online annonymity to make scathing remarks to embelish the injustice done to these two professionals,enjoy it while it last,it will soon be your turn.surprisingly,it is medical doctors who are supposed to show solidarity with these two health professionals that have been pouring more petrol on it.Ask me why?It is simply because they see the pharmacist as the only professional with the trainnig and dignity to check them.They set up mushroom clinics even in dirty environment and illegally (it is only a pharmacist that can stock medicines)stock cheap and near-expiry date medicines,remove the packaging and blisters the pharmacist used in packaging the drugs and start 'counting' them in dispensing envelopes for unsuspecting patients.If this is your experience in any clinic you attend,demand to see a registered pharmacist,where the physician fails to appropriately direct you to a pharmacist,abeg,leave the clinic kia-kia,he is one of those who dont know and claim to know.

The least these doctors can do is demand for a fair trial and investigation of this case instead of stoking the ember of discord.These guys case is like that of a doctor treating an armed robber with gun shot without a police permit,how does that make the doctor an accomplice in the crime committed by the armed robber? undecided undecided.this doctor-pharmacist thing is never ending and clearly not in the interest of the patients and the public.These two pharmacists will get justice and pharmacists will look out for a doctor that will make the headline on real or trumped up charges and the pharmacists too will feed on it and it goes on and on.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by yamakuza: 12:06am On Aug 30, 2012
tpia@:
@ topic

overseas, all this excuse na grammer o, sorry to say.

westerners will toss you in the slammer faster than you can say "sympathy", or "old man in pain".

his friends should just get him a good lawyer and btw which school is being referred to here.
[s]its like u didnt notice anything after 'that' post. not to worry though
[/s]

KCOB = Kings College Old Boys . [s]no specifics yet as to the private uni he finished from[/s] (Igbinedion University)

i'm sure at this stage, his friends know to get him a good lawyer, and he'll probably get what is due him

i'm just worried that the real culprit(s)/accessories might still be out there
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:19am On Aug 30, 2012
onomeasike: to those who are not in the health business,I apologise if I made mockery of your ignorance,your ignorance is understandable but for those pharmacists' rivals or medical doctors who have hidden behind the online annonymity to make scathing remarks to embelish the injustice done to these two professionals,enjoy it while it last,it will soon be your turn.surprisingly,it is medical doctors who are supposed to show solidarity with these two health professionals that have been pouring more petrol on it.Ask me why?It is simply because they see the pharmacist as the only professional with the trainnig and dignity to check them.They set up mushroom clinics even in dirty environment and illegally (it is only a pharmacist that can stock medicines)stock cheap and near-expiry date medicines,remove the packaging and blisters the pharmacist used in packaging the drugs and start 'counting' them in dispensing envelopes for unsuspecting patients.If this is your experience in any clinic you attend,demand to see a registered pharmacist,where the physician fails to appropriately direct you to a pharmacist,abeg,leave the clinic kia-kia,he is one of those who dont know and claim to know.

The least these doctors can do is demand for a fair trial and investigation of this case instead of stoking the ember of discord.These guys case is like that of a doctor treating an armed robber with gun shot without a police permit,how does that make the doctor an accomplice in the crime committed by the armed robber? undecided undecided.this doctor-pharmacist thing is never ending and clearly not in the interest of the patients and the public.These two pharmacists will get justice and pharmacists will look out for a doctor that will make the headline on real or trumped up charges and the pharmacists too will feed on it and it goes on and on.

By the way innocent until proven guilty. How can someone expect a doctor to watch someone die in pains when he can help. The doctor should commence treatment while someone else alerts the police. It could be an innocent person dying.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by Niseamaka(m): 12:38am On Aug 30, 2012
coogar:

so if i take rat poison from your house with the excuse that i intend to use it to kill some giant rats in my house but i then used it to murder my girlfriend then you are an accessory to her murder?

did you ever pass through the 4 walls of any school, primary or secondary?

Looks like you cannot air your views without hauling insults on others. I am not here to brag about academic accomplishments.If it`s proven that you supplied an instrument used to commit murder, you are an accessory to murder. It`s up to you and your legal team to prove otherwise in court.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by onomeasike: 12:46am On Aug 30, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

By the way guilty until proven innocent. How can someone expect a doctor to watch someone die in pains when he can help. The doctor should commence treatment while someone else alerts the police. It could be an innocent person dying.

my brother,that is not what Nigerian Law says,if you treat a gunshot-wound victim,the police will feast on you as they are currently doing with Pharm Nonso amd osita.They knew the right thing was to report them to their professional body having established that the guys were trapped with a 'sting operation'.The pharmacist is in the business of saving lives,a second may be too late especially when you know the case is complicated!!perhaps all pharmacists should deny all policemen of their services henceforth.P

1 Like

Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by dirahm: 1:16am On Aug 30, 2012
There r 2 sides 2 the entire story. While d police might be working on authentic info because we cant completely rule out the fact that the Nonso could be an accomplice seeing dat d said drug is also commonly referred to as 'date-rape drug'. However, on the otherhand, he may be innocent being an intern for just 2mths. He shld be under supervision of the supretendent Pharmacist & not handle such cases on his own & as such, his action wld be expected.
All in all Op, u guys wld need a very gud lawyer cos a young life has being lost in d whole process.dat makes it a delicate & sensitive case.
Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by coogar: 1:28am On Aug 30, 2012
Niseamaka:
Looks like you cannot air your views without hauling insults on others. I am not here to brag about academic accomplishments.If it`s proven that you supplied an instrument used to commit murder, you are an accessory to murder. It`s up to you and your legal team to prove otherwise in court.

that's so untrue!
you have to know the instrument you are supplying would be used to commit murder. if you do not know, you cannot be an accessory - the law is so straight forward

1 Like

Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by bikokwe(m): 1:35am On Aug 30, 2012
1. The criminals didn't identify Nonso as the one who sold the drugs
2. This is not the first time that a control drug is sold without Prescription. The said drug can even be gotten from a patent medicine shop
3. Why Charge Pharm NOnso for murder when its been said he didn't sell drugs to the perpetrators
4. He is an Intern Pharmacist( still undergoing training)
5. LASTLY ITS A PITY THAT PCN and PSN HAVENT SAID NOTHING ABOUT THIS CASE YET. IF IT WERE TO BE A DOCTOR, ALL DOCTORS WILL GO ON STRIKE. PHARMACIST ARE NEVER UNITED AND UNTIL THEY DO THE RIGHT THING, IT WILL CONTINUE TO TAUNT THEM

I'm sure Nonso will eventually be freed but the ordeal is just too much. RIP cynthia

1 Like

Re: Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder by onomeasike: 2:05am On Aug 30, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/1033077/nobody-talking-pharmacist-osita-orji

@ bikokwe,I dont think lack of unity is peculiar to only pharmacy profession,besides whereas almost all doctors work in hospitals,pharmacists are outside the hospitals,as a matter of fact,most pharmacists have given up on the nigerian hospital administration system,they are in the industries,drug importation and consultancy,community pharmacies etc until sanity returns to the nigerian hospital administration system,for such broad-based profession where your options are numerous even with rewarding pay package,mobiliization could be cumbersome,however,prominent pharmacists mobilizers like Pharm olumide Akintayo who is contesting for the presidency of psn should speak or move in to getting the facts at least from his professional colleagues currently being incacerated.there have been many times even doctors have suffered in the hands of the Nigerian system,as a matter of fact,i remember doctors were once beaten to pulp in randle hospital for mobilizing their colleagues for a strike,yet heaven did not fall or is it the case of the doctor alleged to be involved in selling babies after assisting pregnant patients with childbirth.

The Nigerian systems stinks and nobody is spared,infact their case is even tenable in public sphere because they are pharmacists,I am not sure their case would have been as prominent as it is if they were not pharmacists.Infact,the newspapers used them to sell newspapers by headlining the news with their professional titles as pharmacists,even punch newspaper on the frontpage displayed'pharmacists and two others arraigned over cynthia's death' shocked shocked

I think it is the professional set-up of pharmacy that made unity a little difficult especially in Nigeria where most pharmacists are exporting their services to organisations outside the shore of Nigeria.methinks,the various professional units would be expecting their primary unit to speak on their behalf before psn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NLC Strike : Fuel Scarcity Looms In Lagos??? / Segun Showunmi: Lose Akeredolu If You Will, But Do Not Push Ondo To 1983 / Police Tackle Presidency, Say IG Has No Query To Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.