Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity (7970 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal And Other Northern Governors Pose For A Shot At Sokoto Airport / US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram / Jonathan Seeks US Support To Tackle Boko Haram, Oil Theft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by passionate88: 2:29pm On Aug 30, 2012
str8_talk: "...d only thing INEC has not been able to change is the contents of The Holy Quran"-Gen. Buhari
Pls,som1 shld tell me if INEC has changed/altered d contents of The Holy Bible?
that's why he's a religious bigot....
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by attah001: 2:32pm On Aug 30, 2012
AMEN
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by kutchs: 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2012
schorlbone: does he have to tell the so-called governor before they will rise up to their tasks? The last time I checked is the duty of all governors to provide security to the people not untill someone tell them to do it. It is their responsibilities, the only thing he can do as an elder statesman and oppositon is to issue them advice. So bros I rest my case Ooo!
Very eminent and elder statesmen in the north should have taken a stand so long a ago on this issue instead of dilly dallying. The way I personally understand it, this men have large fellowship in the north, the youth listen to them, they should have called them to order before now. If by their words the youth are moved to destroy ppties and kill innocent corpers and others, by their words too, the youth can be moved to sheath their swords. Wait b4 u remind me that it is the duty of the govt to protect lives and ppties, it is the duty of citizens at all levels to help in fighting insecurity.
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by salt1: 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2012
Buhari is right in saying that they did not predict that the security situation will get out of hand. He who had promised to make Nigeria ungovernable had imagined that BH activities would have ground Nigeria to a standstill and forced GEJ to resign. Unfortunately, it is mostly the North that has lost economically and politically. I don't imagine anybody from the SS, SE, SW and NC voting a core Northern candidate for President unless they put a gun to their heads. People are still hurting from the losses they incurred from BH.
Those who say Buhari is well-meaning must be living in a different country. What did he do when youth corpers were slaughtered cos he lost an election? Why did he not condemn bh till now?
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by alaoeri: 2:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
Buhari have finally spoken oh, so buhari haters what else do u want know.
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by nagoma(m): 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2012
schorlbone: does he have to tell the so-called governor before they will rise up to their tasks? The last time I checked is the duty of all governors to provide security to the people not untill someone tell them to do it. It is their responsibilities, the only thing he can do as an elder statesman and oppositon is to issue them advice. So bros I rest my case Ooo!

Except for Jona. Even if you tell him a thousand times he will not do it.
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by sambos994(m): 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2012
The creation has gotten out of hand...
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by LFJ: 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2012
sambos994: Buhari has finally got his senses? Wow...

I hope your uncle will regain his lost mind too soon ... very good development. Let us keep d good work
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by nagoma(m): 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2012
salt 1: Buhari is right in saying that they did not predict that the security situation will get out of hand. He who had promised to make Nigeria ungovernable had imagined that BH activities would have ground Nigeria to a standstill and forced GEJ to resign. Unfortunately, it is mostly the North that has lost economically and politically. I don't imagine anybody from the SS, SE, SW and NC voting a core Northern candidate for President unless they put a gun to their heads. People are still hurting from the losses they incurred from BH.
Those who say Buhari is well-meaning must be living in a different country. What did he do when youth corpers were slaughtered cos he lost an election? Why did he not condemn bh till now?

Are you that ignorant? When did Buhari promise to make Nigeria ungovernable? One thing that the internet did is to absolve responsibility from reckless and mischivious people like you- angry very sad.
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by salt1: 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2012
@nagoma, do you live in Nigeria? I doubt it. Let me inform you that your hero, Buhari, had threatened that Nigeria would be ungovernable if he didn"t win 2011 election. Thanks for your insults, though. I took it as a huge compliment that you read my post! But please, do work on your spellings so that you can pass WASC in your fifth attempt next year.
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by sambos994(m): 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2012
nagoma:

Are you that ignorant? When did Buhari promise to make Nigeria ungovernable? One thing that the internet did is to absolve responsibility from reckless and mischivious people like you- angry very sad.

Do your damn research. Buhari said he'll make the country ungovernable. Well it didn't work. The only he succeeded in doing was making the North an economic nightmare and a living hell.
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by schorlbone(m): 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2012
sambos994:

Well as you can see, the only thing the governors know how to do is chop money.
well they chop as plenty as they but when the time comes they'll surely pay for every nickle and dime they stole. God dey bruv!
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2012
sambos994:

So after a year of non stop attacks he finally tells his brothers to tackle the Boko Haram situation.

Well, Henry Okah and Gen.Azazi already told us GEJ had a hand in the bombings, how come none of you thought it right to call for his head? undecided
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by sambos994(m): 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2012
kingoflag:

Well, Henry Okah and Gen.Azazi already told us GEJ had a hand in the bombings, how come none of you thought it right to call for his head? undecided

Didn't they day the PDP?
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by ujukala: 3:35pm On Aug 30, 2012
Buhari is now contributing to national issues. Good.
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by Igbanibo: 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
Why did he wait so long before saying this?
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by baslone: 4:12pm On Aug 30, 2012
sambos994:

Do your damn research. Buhari said he'll make the country ungovernable. Well it didn't work. The only he succeeded in doing was making the North an economic nightmare and a living hell.

Ahh Daddy!! You can lie o shocked

Which time the tortoise fall and break his back? shocked

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by Stallion77(f): 4:40pm On Aug 30, 2012
And the finger pointing continues....

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by klax(m): 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2012
Too late for Buhari to say that. Its no longer valid or relevant.

After so many has perished? Buhari is joker we are no longer interested in that pretending fake love for Nigeria anylonger let Buhari keep that craps talk to himself.
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by schorlbone(m): 5:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
klax: Too late for Buhari to say that. Its no longer valid or relevant.

After so many has perished? Buhari is joker we are no longer interested in that pretending fake love for Nigeria anylonger let Buhari keep that craps talk to himself.
I don't even knwhto tell your uninformed black *ss. Just do urself a favour and get a life!
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by Mekanze: 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2012
CuteTj: Ex- NSA said that PDP is boko haram,PDP national chairman even sympathises with them. So wetin remain? Abeg make we free Buhari jare....
Buhari is bokoharam and bokoharam is Buhari , or better say CPC is bokoharam , and bokoharam is CPC. Looking @ wat them did 2 youth corpers 4rm d south in last election ,u wil know dat cpc is bokoharam.
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by charmpaski: 5:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
is it a do or die affair! guy u need to slow dwn ooo!
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by danjohn: 5:39pm On Aug 30, 2012
I am a Buhari supporter but I still believe that Buhari has not handled the situation of violence in the North well enough. I think the reason is because Buhari is surrounded by HORRIBLE political operatives. Buhari has the worst political staff in the world. Whoever managed his campaign in 2011 needs to be sued for political malpractice. After the 2011 election, when the violence broke out in the North, Buhari had an opportunity to rehabilitate his public perception but he squandered it.

When violence broke out in the North after the election, nobody could talk to the angry almajiris who were killing youth corpers, Jonathan could not talk to them, neither could Sambo, or even the Sultan of Sokoto. Everybody was calling for Buhari to calm down his supporters. Everybody was asking "WHERE IS BUHARI?" But what did Buhari do, he had an interview with BBC where he said didnt support the violence. I was like "what the f*ck?" How many Nigerians watch BBC?

Rham Emmanuel, the mayor of Chicago, once said that "we should never let a crisis go to waste." Leaders emerge during a crisis. In my honest opinion, after violence broke out in 2011, Buhari should have requested for a 30 minutes timeslot to give a national address at 8:30 pm right before network news. Given how tense the situation was in the country, nobody would have denied him such a request.

He should have stood in front of 5 Nigerian Flags and with a very somber voice; he should have said something along the lines of the following:

"My fellow citizens, I speak to you tonight, not as the Presidential candidate of the CPC, but as a citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. What we have seen happen in the last 24 hours has been heartbreaking. We have seen husbands lose wives, fathers lose sons, mothers lose daughters, and brothers lose sisters. We have heard stories of pastors who watched their churches burn, traders who abandoned their goods and fled with nothing but the clothes on their backs, and mothers of youth corpers who stay awake every night wondering whether their children will return home from the North alive. As a father, grandfather, and husband, I empathize with every individual who has lost a loved one in this crisis.

When I decided to run for President, I did so because I was called by my faith, my upbringing, and my love for this country to do everything within my capacity to make Nigeria great again.

During the campaign, I was touched by the millions of people who rallied around our cause. I was touched by the stories I heard from people who made personal sacrifices simply because they believed in the ideals which gave birth to this campaign. Unfortunately, despite our best effort, our quest to win the Presidency did not succeed.

I would like to use this opportunity to call on every Nigerian who supported our campaign to join hands with the current administration to help move our beloved country forward. I would like to call on all of my supporters, who have taken up arms to express their grievances, to put their weapons away.

At the end of the day, we must remember that our campaign for President was a cause driven by our desire to make Nigeria a better place. We must remember that we weren’t running for President of Northern Nigeria, neither were we running for President of Southern Nigeria, we were running for President of Nigeria; and our mission was to use the Presidency as a platform to uplift the lives of every Nigerian.

Our campaign was designed to unite Nigeria, not to divide her. Our mission was to rally Southerners and Northerners around the common cause of building our country. To all of my supporters, I want you to know that the killing of unarmed defenseless innocent people serves no purpose but to widen the divide that already exists in our country.

In the next couple of days, I will consult with leaders of my party to determine what to do next, with the best interest of our country and our party guiding my way. If we find any reason to doubt the validity of the election results, we will express our grievances through peaceful and civilized channels.

Although I do not know if I will ever seek the Presidency again, I do know that I will devote the rest of my life to the causes that were at the heart of our campaign. Thank you so much for listening to this message. May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

I do believe that a message like this was what Nigeria needed after the election. I really wish I worked for the Buhari campaign in 2011.
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by FindOut(m): 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2012
^^^ Nice one up there. Hope you've dropped ur CV and campaign ideas at the CPC secretariat o.lol. I agree completely. Buhari couldv spoken out then but the truth is no matter what he would have said, the press & the PDP (assuming they are not ihtertwined) would have still crucified him while pretending to ignore the fact that it was (is) not primarily Buhari's responsibility to ensure law and order in d country & safeguard the life of its citizens. Some people were busy popping champagne in Abuja and others were fighting over themselves to congratulate the champagne poppers, while innocent people were being killed for over 3 days. Where were the policemen and d soldiers??

& Let us get this clear once and for all. Maybe i didnt read well. Who said he'll ''make Nigeria ungovernable'' if he loses the elections ( or something to that effect) ?

Was it Muhammadu Buhari (CPC) OR Atiku Abubakar (PDP)?
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by watchindelta(m): 6:14pm On Aug 30, 2012
next page jor.
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by danjohn: 6:15pm On Aug 30, 2012
Find Out!:
^^^ Nice one up there. Hope you've dropped ur CV and campaign ideas at the CPC secretariat o.lol. I agree completely. Buhari couldv spoken out then but the truth is no matter what he would have said, the press & the PDP (assuming they are not ihtertwined) would have still crucified him while pretending to ignore the fact that it was (is) not primarily Buhari's responsibility to ensure law and order in d country & safeguard the life of its citizens. Some people were busy popping champagne in Abuja and others were fighting over themselves to congratulate the champagne poppers, while innocent people were being killed for over 3 days. Where were the policemen and d soldiers??

& Let us get this clear once and for all. Maybe i didnt read well. Who said he'll ''make Nigeria ungovernable'' if he loses the elections ( or something to that effect) ?

Was it Muhammadu Buhari (CPC) OR Atiku Abubakar (PDP)?

Oga you know say na Atiku talk that one na. As for your suggestion I am strongly considering taking a sabatical from my job to work on the 2015 campaign (hopefully it is Buhari/Fashola or Fashola/Marwa).
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by caye(m): 6:17pm On Aug 30, 2012
OAM4J: [b]1.and /2. we did not /3. predict this situation/4. until the security crisis in Borno /5. got out of /6. control .

7.My happiness is that “the only thing they have not been able to change is the content of the Holy Quran.”

v
A word is enough for the "WISE".
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by Ibman: 6:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
Buhari, its tooo late for dat comment. the JTF have completed d job 92%. where u dey since, wen naija was in serious BH attacks.i thank IBB for treateng to expose u sha....
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by FindOut(m): 6:34pm On Aug 30, 2012
danjohn:

Oga you know say na Atiku talk that one na. As for your suggestion I am strongly considering taking a sabatical from my job to work on the 2015 campaign (hopefully it is Buhari/Fashola or Fashola/Marwa).

Lool. I know!!! I wonder why people keep ascribing that statement to Buhari.

U go do well as campaign team member o..lol. Yeah, let's wait for the candidates before we know who to support. Even tho i'll find it hard to ever cast my vote for any PDP candidate, its really high time we concentrate on candidates rather than parties. We go recruit Jarus too. That guy na effective organizer.
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by COOLDUN: 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2012
sambos994:

My friend keep sentiment apart, Gen Muhamad Buhari did not make such comment;he never made any threatening comments during his political campaign. It is a pity that people like you bought the PDP cheap image tarnishing propaganda.I heard the comment from people like Adamu Ciroma,and other PDP Northern members. Let us live on the truth and fact than believing in fallacies from the same people who are the problem of the Nigerian masses.No opposition politician made this comment.It was when GEJ decided to dump the PDP zoning agreement to contest the recent Presidential election that the statement was made by his northern PDP members. Make your research well.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by NAJALYN: 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2012
Utter rubbish. After saying that he will make Nigeria ungovernable if pdp won the presidential election, Buhari, after boko haram has killed so many, shamelessly calls on Northern Governors to tackle boko haram insecurity. This certainly is an after thought. He should go hide his head in shame. He is only ridiculing himself.
Re: Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity by Akpan107(m): 8:32pm On Aug 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Boko Haram Strategy has failed. So what next ? laughing @ "INEC is not able to change the contents of the KORAN" - Always sectional in his religious fanaticism. Buhari! may your political prostitution RIP! You cant be President of Nigeria forever
Thanks for seeing what i saw... May God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Man Patrick Ifeanyi Uba / Rochas Okorocha Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today / Trump Personal Message To Buhari Hacked By Biafrans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.