Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction (19548 Views)

Under Pressure From Boko Haram, Kidnappers, FG Endorses Militias In States / FG Endorses Cancellation Of Promotion Exams For Civil Servants / FG Endorses Sanusi! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Genius100: 11:00pm On Sep 04, 2012
2mch:

Stick to what you know, music. Stop being a Fo#ol. I have explained and you are arguing what you have no idea about. Mumu like you.SMH. Even 100 and 50 dollar bills are very rare. Most people dont accept it because of security reasons. You dont know what you are talking about. Please logout.

Look at this moronic intellectual midget. I've lived virtually all my life in the US and you are telling me $50 and $100 are very rare. You are incredibly daft. You belong in the zoo, as I'm sure even a silverback monkey has a higher IQ than you. What an ignoramus.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by femmy2010(m): 11:02pm On Sep 04, 2012
Why promote a cashless economy when they are still going to introduce new bigger denomination.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by 401kk: 11:02pm On Sep 04, 2012
This is absolute nonsense. I actually can't believe that NOI endorsed this new programme. As a world bank executive, she is supposed to know that this decision will harm the economy. I'm highly embarrased.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by jidex17(m): 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]pure water turns #50. LOL!
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 04, 2012
miky:
lol i believe your smarter than this.. ever heard of interest and lending rates?? well the banks can increase their lending rates this way its harder for people to borrow money as loans.. this takes out cash from system overtime!! cbn can also sell treasury bonds to banks and collect cash from them..no one personally goes to the bank to give money back or vice versa!!

The bolded part is still at the high level. What about the low level(the normal people with no bank accounts)? You need to always put everything into the Nigerian perspective - a country where majority don't keep their money in the bank... Would the CBN also sell treasury bonds to them for cash angry

I know no one goes to the bank to give money back - but how would they retrieve the excess currency(lower denomination) in circulation back from the low level people

ethiopia currency is about 7 : 1 US Dollar
Ethiopians is not a modern country either grin they dont have as much banks as us either, so why is this so?? they import less than they export and have a better trade deficit..

You answered your own question... Ethiopia exports than it imports - but Nigeria imports than it exports, so Nigeria can NEVER be Ethiopia... You're comparing apples to oranges here... And I don't think Ethiopia stays printing junk higher denomination every 7 years like we do - do they??

the issue of having banks, and denomination is such a non-issue to cry about that i feel sad about the Nigerian ignorance !!

Good in theory but the practicality in the Nigerian context is this problem..

1 Like

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by onyengbu: 11:06pm On Sep 04, 2012
I am not with Team GEJ on this one.

I might not be able to prove they are wrong but I dont just believe they are right!

1 Like

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by yinchar(m): 11:07pm On Sep 04, 2012
But why are they CURIOUS and so DESPERATE to print N5000 notes.....surely something is not right....In this part of world which is ours its either because of two things firstly financial gains from the contract and secondly selfishness to suite the rogue PDP cabal...How can 90% of the populace voiced discontentment with a program and few people still insist on going ahead.....If its in USA you can say maybe its because of the economy but in Africa and most especially here in Nigeria everybody is corrupt and i surely believe someone is financing this agitation to print N5000 notes.....but surely no matter how long it takes patriotic nigerians will surely reclaim our land.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by 2mch(m): 11:07pm On Sep 04, 2012
Elueme: I don't quite agree with your assertions.. The points you raised above could just be your psychology and it is the same way most Nigerians are thinking right now.. There are economic and market forces that determine inflation and cause currency devaluation not on the denomination itself.. Why has the dollar not been devalued even with their $100,000 , $10,000 or $5000 bills.. How abt Japan and other countries.. Ok, let's put Ghana in perspective with their hundreds of thousands of CDs their currency is even waxing stronger.. In as much as I don't advocate for this new policy, we should be able to tell ourselves the real issues other than looting and inflation .. The economists know so I expect them to sensitize us

Ghana’s cedi currency will shed four zeros next July, a central bank official said on Monday, and shoppers weary of carrying big bundles of bank notes welcomed the plan.

Residents of the West African country complain a combination of low-denomination notes and the low value of the cedi—a result of high and sustained inflation in the past—obliges them to carry bags full of tattered currency.

“We will be setting the current 10 000 cedis to one of the new Ghana cedis,” Ernest Addison, the bank’s head of research told local radio station Joy FM.

“It is not a revaluation. It is a redenomination,” he told Reuters later. “Depending on the exchange rate in July, the old currency will just translate into the new one.”

One United States dollar is currently worth 9 200 cedis.

http://mg.co.za/article/2006-11-27-ghanas-currency-to-shed-four-zeros-in-july
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by lacasa: 11:07pm On Sep 04, 2012
Fresh Air hits anoda bonus point cool

Una Neva See anything oo angry

2015 is 2 and a qtr years away...gringringrin

Una go collect FRESH AIR dieee..gringringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by ifeci: 11:08pm On Sep 04, 2012
I wonder when it will dawn on u people that the Gvt of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is focused on increasing the hardship of the masses! A Gvt were the opinion of the masses is not considered to the slightest. A Gvt were policies are tailored to suit the rich. They entice you with small electricity with killing NEPA bills and some are already jumping, GEJ 2015!, jst pray say u go live till 2015.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by 2mch(m): 11:09pm On Sep 04, 2012
Genius100:

Look at this moronic intellectual midget. I've lived virtually all my life in the US and you are telling me $50 and $100 are very rare. You are incredibly daft. You belong in the zoo, as I'm sure even a silverback monkey has a higher IQ than you. What an ignoramus.

Trust me, you are the intelectual leprechaun on this one. Trying to pass off ignorance as being an intellectual. Someone that announced ignorance is now trying to prove ignorance. Are you insane? Dont just log on and spew crap. Time to logout and go and read a book or educate yourself. When you have reached my level you can come and argue. Mo*ron.

1 Like

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Dee60: 11:09pm On Sep 04, 2012
I HAVE NOTICED THAT JONATHAN ENDORSES ALMOST EVERYTHING THESE DAYS. DON'T BE SURPRISED IF HE ENDORSE BH!

WELL, IN THE REAL SENSE ALL THE PDP PEOPLE ARE TERRIBLY AFRAID OF SANUSI (INCLUDING GEJ). WHEN SANUSI SNEAZES THE WHOLE ASO ROCK AND APO VILLAGE CATCH COLD. WHO ARE THEY NOT TO ENDORSE ANYTHING SANUSI SAYS? MEANWHILE, SANUSI IS SMILING AWAY ALL THE TIME, JUST HAVING FUN! RIDE ON 'GREATEST CBN GOVERNOR EVER'. WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU TO SOON LAUNCH N100,000 BILL. AND OF COURSE, FG WILL ENDORSE!

REMEMBER WHAT THE GHANAIAN PROFESSOR SAID? NIGERIANS NEED TO FIND A WAY TO QUICKLY RECALL JONATHAN.

O GOD SAVE US!
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 04, 2012
taharqa: And @shymexx, before I 4get...I think the Central Bank have said that it might not be up to #40billion, certainly not all would be cos of the new Currency cos it will include the cost of printing already exiting currency- you do not actually think that the existing currency are printed free of charge, do you? . Billions are already been used to print the existing currency; in fact, the Central Bank says that in the long run, the money used to manage the currency would reduce which makes sense cos a larger denomination and the "Cashless" policy would certainly reduce the cost of printing notes....I would try to find out the initial cost in introducing this currency though

What is the haste about this "cashless policy", when we still have a long way to go? Shouldn't there be a massive campaign to enlighten the people on the need to have bank accounts (current accounts) before talking about going 'cashless'? smh
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by ITbomb(m): 11:11pm On Sep 04, 2012
Sijo01: Naira has finally lost its value/repect. O ma se o cry cry
I would go with the minority elite in this one.
You see, US Dollars was always preferred for portability in large volume transactions, this put a strain on the Naira. The older denomination would still be in circulations.
What I would not like is the freaky coins
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by hajjimam: 11:11pm On Sep 04, 2012
It has been said by a great musician earlier b4 now,MR FUJI that when ever an Igbo man get to ASO ROCK he will surely turn naija to business center.GOD bless naija.

2 Likes

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by ifeci: 11:11pm On Sep 04, 2012
onye_ngbu*:
I am not with Team GEJ on this one.

I might not be able to prove they are wrong but I dont just believe they are right!

they are dead wrong! atleast, otedola can now pay Farouk his remaining balance in naira
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 04, 2012
I rarely see £50 notes in the UK and I have lived here all my life!!!
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by miky(m): 11:12pm On Sep 04, 2012
2mch:

I exposed your lie, that is the point. You said you get 100 and 50 dollars like it is in circulation and used everydayFAil!!. When you actually have to specifically go into the bank and ask for it. Obviously those are the largest amounts of currency in the US and they are not as common as the lower denominations. I know stores that will not accept the 100 dollar note, and will closely scrutinize it before accepting. Now i want you to explain, why the US does not creat 1,000 notes so that you can boast around or carry 3 notes of your 1,000 embarassed

Lol no insult but i think u dont read properly for real!!

this is what u said: Even 100 and 50 dollar bills are very rare. Most people dont accept it because of security reasons. You dont know what you are talking about. Please logout.

this is how i responded : how do u get your information,, i withdraw cash everyday i get some in $100, and $50 too much 20's and u could loose em...

Now tell me where i talked about circulation? lol when the word i mentioned was WITHDRAW!! pertaining to withdrawal from banks abi na lie?

the usa doesn't need $1000 their currency is on par with any in the world. Nigeria currency has a ratio of 157: to 1 US dollar... it means if u buy an imported good from usa and want to pay in naira you have to pay 150x the amount of that good..thats too much cash to be carrying in my own opinion.. it is also too costly and inefficient for the cbn, banks and maybe u

if u cant understand that, then i dont think i can make it simpler..i suggest u look at facts.

Now i have a question for you the #1000 naria was introduced in oct 2005, sometime that year inflation droped from 27.8% to around 12% How is this possible? You need source i can provide?

1 Like

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by taharqa: 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2012
femmy2010: Why promote a cashless economy when they are still going to introduce new bigger denomination.

If this correlation was true, why would Japan have Y10,000 denomination when there hardly any country in the world whose econmy is as "cashless" as Japan.

You guys should stop doing "Emotional" propositions and call it Arguments, k?
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2012
The people in-charge of naija's finances are FINANCIAL TERRORISTS - they deserve the BH treatment...
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by miky(m): 11:16pm On Sep 04, 2012
Genius100:

lol abeg no abuse am,, ignorance is bliss..
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by 2mch(m): 11:16pm On Sep 04, 2012
miky:

Lol no insult but i think u dont read properly for real!!

this is what u said: Even 100 and 50 dollar bills are very rare. Most people dont accept it because of security reasons. You dont know what you are talking about. Please logout.

this is how i responded : how do u get your information,, i withdraw cash everyday i get some in $100, and $50 too much 20's and u could loose em...

Now tell me where i talked about circulation? lol when the word i mentioned was WITHDRAW!! pertaining to withdrawal from banks abi na lie?

the usa doesn't need $1000 their currency is on par with any in the world. Nigeria currency has a ratio of 157: to 1 US dollar... it means if u buy an imported good from usa and want to pay in naira you have to pay 150x the amount of that good..thats too much cash to be carrying in my own opinion.. it is also too costly and inefficient for the cbn, banks and maybe u

if u cant understand that, then i dont think i can make it simpler..i suggest u look at facts.

Now i have a question for you the #1000 naria was introduced in oct 2005, sometime that year inflation droped from 27.8% to around 12% How is this possible? You need source i can provide?

You keep shifting the goal post. I read your comment perfectly. No need for story. You have run out of things to argue about because you are totally ignorant. Stop trying to lie and justify things that are wrong. I have schooled you and exposed you. It is either you work for the government or you are truly ignorant. This is my last post to you.SMH. You definitely need to read before you write. Are you sure you are in medical school? You must be a physicians assistant. Your IQ is poor
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by ifeci: 11:17pm On Sep 04, 2012
taharqa:

If this correlation was true, why would Japan have Y10,000 denomination when there hardly any country in the world whose econmy is as "cashless" as Japan.

You guys should stop doing "Emotional" propositions and call it Arguments, k?

and ur point is?
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by ZeusI: 11:18pm On Sep 04, 2012
taharqa:

My friend with due respect, you are just ranting. Where is the DATA suggsting that "With higher denominations comes inflation" or ny of the other things you claimed above? Stop doing "Street talk" plz
Mr. Questionnaire, why don't you provide a persuassive DATA to prove that Nigerian system will not be difference from that of American's. And, since Nigeria started imitating other counries policies, how many of them have they done right? Is it presidential system of govt, Hhu? Start thinking, and stop living in illusory land, that is why our graduates are jobless, the vision of what they read in theory about western world, and about how thing should be, is not how it is in Nigeria, and not how it is in reality. It's about time you went to bed, if you have nothing left to offer.:@

2 Likes

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 04, 2012
These policies are elitists and part of extreme capitalism, what about the ordinary Nigerians?

These clowns don't even think about the normal people on the streets before they start throwing words around..

Cashless policy in a country where most people don't even have money to feed, not to even dabble into having current accounts.. GTFOH!!

1 Like

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by 2mch(m): 11:20pm On Sep 04, 2012
shymexx: These policies are elitists and part of extreme capitalism, what about the ordinary Nigerians?

These clowns don't even think about the normal people on the streets before they start throwing words around..

Cashless policy in a country where most people don't even have money to feed, not to even dabble into having current accounts.. GTFOH!!

GBAM

1 Like

Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by taharqa: 11:21pm On Sep 04, 2012
shymexx:

The bolded part is still at the high level. What about the low level(the normal people with no bank accounts)? You need to always put everything into the Nigerian perspective - a country where majority don't keep their money in the bank... Would the CBN also sell treasury bonds to them for cash angry

I know no one goes to the bank to give money back - but how would they retrieve the excess currency(lower denomination) in circulation back from the low level people

You answered your own question... Ethiopia exports than it imports - but Nigeria imports than it exports, so Nigeria can NEVER be Ethiopia... You're comparing apples to oranges here... And I don't think Ethiopia stays printing junk higher denomination every 7 years like we do - do they??

Just some Correction: Nigeri's Exports far outstrips her imports, just that most of our Exports are unprocessed(just like Ethiopia by the way). Nigeri's problems is its inability to Manufacture
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by ifeci: 11:24pm On Sep 04, 2012
taharqa:

My friend with due respect, you are just ranting. Where is the DATA suggsting that "With higher denominations comes inflation" or ny of the other things you claimed above? Stop doing "Street talk" plz

Where were you when Soludo introduced one naira coins? do we need to remind you that the prices of almost everything that was one naira became 5naira; including pure water and chewing gum! you were probably a toddler then.
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 04, 2012
taharqa:

Just some Correction: Nigeria's Exports far outstrips her imports, just that most of our Exports are unprocessed(just like Ethiopia by the way). Nigeri's problems is its inability to Manufacture

I can't believe you just posted the bolded part, what do we export, apart from oil - and maybe cocoa?? However, we export the oil, and import refined oil products and petrochemicals... And for the cocoa, we export the raw cocoa, and import the finished products... We import virtually almost everything, including toothbrush...

Fam, we import more than we export..
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by Leboska(m): 11:25pm On Sep 04, 2012
miky: LOL grin grin grin

Nigerians should vote for me!!! i promise to remove two zeros from the nigerian currency with the signing of a single paper on my first day... and also dissolve the 5000-50 naira notes leaving only 20-1 naira notes.. Since this is what Nigerians want?? and according to popular conclusion this should simultaneously reduce INFLATION and make Naira 1:1 with Dollar.. grin grin grin

Is this what you guys want

seriously u sounded like a fool!
Re: FG Endorses N5000 Note Introduction by miky(m): 11:27pm On Sep 04, 2012
shymexx:

T[b]he bolded part is still at the high level. What about the low level[/b](the normal people with no bank accounts)? You need to always put everything into the Nigerian perspective - a country where majority don't keep their money in the bank... Would the CBN also sell treasury bonds to them for cash angry

Bros i dont claim to know it all, but for everything i do i research before opening my mouth,, i also dont follow the bandwagon we as nigerians love to do.. If you really want to know about Low Level Goggle is your friend use it..

I could also say that since the people dont have bank account how did they get money in the firs place?? there is always money in circulation, its just the excess thats being mopped out, and i believe a number of devices are used..dont really care to answer that bro grin grin

the talk about ethiopia is just to make u think!! having a bank account or not doesn't affect mopping of extra cash in system... ethiopia doesnt have as much banks as us but yet they do this efficiently and maintain their high currency grin grin

another food for thought?? how come japan has the 10,000 yen but their currency is higher than ours and inflation lower too...does this now dispel the ignorant stance of high denomination and currency value??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Did Buhari Really Refuse To Vote For Peter Onu In 1985? / Niger Bridge Is Falling! / Bill To Lower Age To Contest In Elections Passes First Reading In NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.