Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention (18503 Views)

Michelle Obama Wants To Divorce Barack Obama - National Enquirer / Barack Obama's Speech At The DNC 2012 / Obama's Speech: Was It Read From A Screen Or Said Off Hand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by werepeLeri: 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2012
milliams: Yeah, Great speech indeed.. It is easier to make such a great speech with strong and intense emotions if you speaking in your mother tongue... Nigerians (Nigeria leaders) create wahala for themselves trying to drive home thier political mission and vision while speaking big!! big!! grammar..{like Mr. GEJ will always says.."i want to assure you" with and any feelings in it. Who is going to trust such assurance. Have u ever imagine Michelle Obama Barack delivering those mighty speech in yoruba, igbo or hausa outside her mother tongue, I want to assure no america will smile at hr despite understanding her. She will never be able to pass the real message to her people.
That is our problem in this part of the world.

Dumb post - so they should start making speeches in their native language? Honestly, i dont know how people reason.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Freiburger(m): 12:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
ajf: While reading that speech,(don't know the connection)I couldn't help but weep inside for Nigeria...
The simple truth is, we 've got a long way to go, but hope is the last thing that can die.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by basisop(m): 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
Patience is better. Our made in 9ja First lady is da bomb!
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2012
Whao!
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by aligwe07: 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2012
Best speech ever....But as usual i know that people will always have negative tins to saymif jesus had haters then who íڪ michelle.dats cryhow they said a balck man cannot rule.lemme see their excuse dis time.This speech made ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ cry.God íڪ good.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by spawnx: 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2012
Is Obama trying to hide under Michelle's skirt
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Wandebabs: 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2012
afam4eva: I still prefer the speech Patience Jonathan gave at the PDP convention in 2011.

cheesy
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by 1025: 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2012
we will send MY FELLOW WIDOWS to USA to learn how to prepare a speech.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by tucker12(m): 12:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
Breathe taking... I connected to every word of her speech. At a point, I had tears in my eyes. The reason, I thought of every Nigerian family, I thought of the wickedness and disconnect of the wives of our leaders. I thought of the arrogant life style displayed, and the goddess they have turned their world into.
I thought of how the rise to power has made the real person in them come out. I thought of reports where a woman in leadership position slaps her aides. I reflected on cities, towns, Local council, etc in Nigeria, the current degrading status. I thought of our national reps and our national senators, how they have forgotten so quickly, where they all started.
I reflected on the lost national dignity of Nigerian outside the shores of the country. How we have become so untrusted and ridiculed in foreign nations. I reflected on the hardship people go through right from primary to secondary and post-secondary and the frustration of not getting a job when they have finished schooling.
I looked are Obama wife and reflected on her speech. For once, I wondered why the disconnect of our first lady, and the wives of our leaders in Nigeria to reality One day we will have men and women that we all will be proud of. cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Freiburger(m): 12:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
You see, even though back then Barack was a Senator and a presidential candidate…to me, he was still the guy who’d picked me up for our dates in a car that was so rusted out, I could actually see the pavement going by through a hole in the passenger side door…he was the guy whose proudest possession was a coffee table he’d found in a dumpster, and whose only pair of decent shoes was half a size too small.
I was blown away with this.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by shadrach77: 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2012
masterpiece!
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by ACM10: 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2012
sexiestharam:
My bad, I didn't know it was from a teleprompter. But didn't u read the remaining things I said? Guess u are the one who is dumb for it seems that's the only thing u could denote from all what I wrote!

Can't u see that I'm only interested in the bolded part? Are you so impervious to correction? Pls don't disgrace yourself further. You ought to be ashamed for coming to public forum to display your lack of sophistication.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by pazienza(m): 12:30pm On Sep 05, 2012
emmasege: oratory speech or not, As an african , i would have given my support to obama anytime anyday but for his anti-God (anti-Christ) approval of gay marriage and abortion amongst others. I think America would be better off with a man who truly believes in the dream of America's founding fathers. It's not just enough to proclaim the American slogan (In God we trust), but it's necessary to have a man who believes in the God of America and by extension the God of all nations.

Guy,america of america founding fathers had no place for a black man,same God you are using to condem gays was used to condem blacks as sub humans,worthy of no right.

As an african,obama's victory or loss means nada. America as an institution is threat to humanity,her policy of overthrowing governments that doesnt serve her purpose,causing wars with loss of lives,installing puppetes and exploitation of foreign lands is never going to change,irrespective of who is occupying the white house.

1 Like

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by olubuffett: 12:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
You guys haven't heard anything, wait till 2015 when Patience Jonathan will give a heart touching speech.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by freecocoa(f): 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
ACM10:

Are u insinuating that Obama inherited shoe from his grandpa? undecided
I think Michelle would be in the best position to answer that, she was there remember? undecided

1 Like

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by ajf(m): 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
If you can't read the speech, what are you doing here in the first place? Get the f**k out please!
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by 1forall: 12:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
"As president, you can get all kinds of advice from all kinds of people. But at the end of the day, when it comes time to make that decision, as president, all you have to guide you are your values, and your vision, and the life experiences that make you who you are" ~ Barack Obama

Someone please tell that to those who expect anything great from GEJ.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by miteolu(m): 12:42pm On Sep 05, 2012
bigboy3:

Lazy idiot.....Just read. Naija man always looking for shortcuts and that is why we are where we are today.

Nothing bad when you assist your busy member to summarize an article
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by sexiestharam(f): 12:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
ACM10:

Can't u see that I'm only interested in the bolded part? Are you so impervious to correction? Pls don't disgrace yourself further. You ought to be ashamed for coming to public forum to display your lack of sophistication.
I reserve my comment. Don't have time to argue with you. Think whatever you like, that's your business.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Joey82(m): 12:48pm On Sep 05, 2012
"we were so young, so in love and so in debt"
Ouch, this part rings a loud bell to my ears.
How sweet it is to look back to those long hard days and see how all has changed for the better.
Speeches like this gives hope even to the dying.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by jaybee3(m): 12:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
Oratory at its best
Well done fit momma in chief
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Freiburger(m): 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2012
pazienza:

Guy,america of america founding fathers had no place for a black man,same God you are using to condem gays was used to condem blacks as sub humans,worthy of no right.

As an african,obama's victory or loss means nada. America as an institution is threat to humanity,her policy of overthrowing governments that doesnt serve her purpose,causing wars with loss of lives,installing puppetes and exploitation of foreign lands is never going to change,irrespective of who is occupying the white house.
War is sometimes necessary, i think the best weapon of defeating evil is to be as dangerous as that eveil you are seeking to defaet, tell me a single nation on this earth who is a 100% perfect or doing the right thing ? we 're doing our best which we know. Speaking in terms of exploitation, you cant really talk about that without bringing the United Kingdom in here.

1 Like

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by naijaswag1: 12:51pm On Sep 05, 2012
How does this speech concern Nigerians? How does it create jobs and end the suffering in this nation? When Obama fever was at its peak some years ago,I told those who cared to listen to expect nothing if he wins.Four years later we can all see for ourselves.Concern yourselves more with your country and you will be better for it.

1 Like

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by ACM10: 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2012
freecocoa: I think Michelle would be in the best position to answer that, she was there remember? undecided

But Michelle labelled his shoe "undersized" not "hand-me-down" remember. undecided
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by ACM10: 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2012
sexiestharam:
I reserve my comment. Don't have time to argue with you. Think whatever you like, that's your business.
Better
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Freiburger(m): 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2012
naija_swag: How does this speech concern Nigerians? How does it create jobs and end the suffering in this nation? When Obama fever was at its peak some years ago,I told those who cared to listen to expect nothing if he wins.Four years later we can all see for ourselves.Concern yourselves more with your country and you will be better for it.
That is why you can find the topic at the foreign affairs section. feel free and move to another section.

1 Like

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by eldagaius(m): 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
This is awesome. Thumbs up Michelle. You got my vote.
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by ACM10: 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
^Michelle is not on ballot o cry embarassed
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
[b][/b]You'd have to be a complete illiterate not to be moved by such colorful, exquisite and florid appraisal of Michelle on her husband. She about won the election for Obama after revealing his simple soul and values to the world. Her constant repetition of "hardwork" shows this are fit and worthy leaders, not just "lucky" uppity who confuses duty with authority. These are people who worked, fough tooth and nail, and toiled tirelessly, bleed through while persistently standing for their true ideas. God bless you and your family. And I pray Nigeria during my time would have true leaders like you and your husband and not these successions of ending failures and confusionists.

1 Like

Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Flakeey(f): 1:04pm On Sep 05, 2012
Just wandering in my wildest imaginations, what Dame P would have to say about Baba Jona, about their youth?

#just thinking#
Re: Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention by Kemaona: 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
Real, touching nd nice! Only teling dt good leaders r always good home builders. Wat do u find in 9ja? Rulers dt can not even build or lead their homes. Who only got there with their ill goten cash. God bless America!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mexican Woman Returns Her US Visa In Protest At Trump / Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image / Explosion In Russian Arm Depot Caused By Internal Accident Not Ukranian Missiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.