Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? (16942 Views)

20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. / Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight / What Can Make You Turn Your Partner's Intimacy Approach Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by timilehing(m): 5:27am On Sep 06, 2012
slumcat: when she came into d bank to withdraw 10million... dat was wen i dat knew she was d one 4 me.
That is a very good sign
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by ifyalways(f): 6:23am On Sep 06, 2012
Moi Moi question na.

He "shook" me where no one else has. I knew there and then that hmmn, na here the moto go park well and quench put.

No regrets.

Lol
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by bigsheg(m): 6:44am On Sep 06, 2012
lol....She was the one that TOASTED me,and i fell head over heels...
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nosyke(m): 7:01am On Sep 06, 2012
* walks into thread, finds it very interesting..quickly grabs popcorn and coke, then sits down on the nearest chair while enjoying the responses*

Subscribing......
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by liukang1: 7:12am On Sep 06, 2012
Cutejay: We are not married yet, but i knew he was ok for me because i hated sex with a passion even just a touch from my boyfriend irritated me then,i even made up my mind not to do it anymore untill i get married cuz i saw it as a sin. After i broke up with him, i met this guy everything flowed naturally,he was the man i saw in my vision when i was praying,someone i hadnt met before. But when we started dating i couldnt help myself he made my world spin and still does and when we have sex its like the most beautiful thing i've ever had without any resistance on my part and now we are in a very serious relationship,he has 80% of the qualities i want in a man,i said 80 cuz no1 is perfect. I know it would be a happy ending.

Hmm...allow me make some logical deductions.
Frank question 1st: are you seriously thinking of getting married to the new guy ?
Deductions -
1. You hated having sex with your boyfriend in your previous relationship simply because the guy was HORRIBLE in bed, infact so bad & it was uncomfortable you equated sex to sin, and that "sin" with him was particularly not worth it.
2.You got tired of "sinning" with him and were glad you both broke up.
3. The new guy is so good, "sinning" is fun again, Yay!
Infact he's so good he gets 80% on your scoresheet. Probably because that criterion alone carries that same percentage on your scoresheet.
Who knows what makes up for the 20% left.
Sex is important my dear, but not as important as you're seeming to make it.
Anyways, my point: take an objective look at your relationship with the future in view. Stop letting sex alone cloud your head. Well, I'll refer you back to the first question I asked again. Your response then determines how you'd take all I've said.
Wish you luck with your future. Please don't f.uck it all away.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by RuuDie(m): 8:28am On Sep 06, 2012
freecocoa: Seriously? No offense but there is something wrong with that girl.

Some kain girls sha. . .and I mean you, not the other girl!
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 06, 2012
Jarus: Most of the girls I met before her lacked one or two fundamental things.
Beautiful, humble, trying religious-wise, she still wasn't 100% the standards I set for myself, and it took some time before I knew my 100% lady was only available in Mars. So when I realized she got more than the fundamentals, I settled for her. Shortly after, met another person(a Nairalander) that almost threw me into confusion.

But to God be the glory - she is just an epitome of the qualities I had longed for in my woman. No regrets at all. I think prayer (especially by my parents)was very key because, she is all my parents had always wished for and prayed for me.

Lol!

Sounds like you are yet to make up your mind!
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by RuuDie(m): 8:35am On Sep 06, 2012
maclatunji: Is it also possible that the person you choose might just be fortunate to have come into your life at the right time that you were ready to settle-down? It is quite possible to miss-out on your ideal partner because of extraneous variables. Like the girl is ready but the guy is without means or the the guy is ready but the girl had to go abroad to study. Things like that.

You make a fantastic point here. . .
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 06, 2012
@ Post . . .

Well it took a loooooog time for me to realize he was the one!

I kept chasing childhood fantasies and story-book romances. But through it all, he was there, he was solid and he was real. cool cool

I woke up one morning and said, "Okay, let's do it"!

One year later and I'm still wondering what I was thinking all those years I kept him 'hanging'!

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by liukang1: 8:39am On Sep 06, 2012
olabbAbyla: Let's assume you've agreed to date him,next u write out a list of negative qualities u don't want in a man.e.g he must not be selfish, uncaring,greedy, bossy,bad tempered,impatient etc.next-u'll become an actress acting these things out.e.g u want to knw if he's genuinely caring:switch your mood, becom moody nd even ask him to leave u alone,(just offend him)few hrs later or d next day,send. Txt dt u are ill.wen he comes, form vomiting,do all sort of things capable of pissing someone off.let it b around d time he'll b @wk or has lectures,this is to know whether u're a priority or reserve.did he com as soon as he was thro or @his leisure.wen he comes watch his facial expressns,actions,hw concerned he feels etc never let him knw its a test.
If u want to knw if he will block your progress if u married him,tell him u'v been appointed a leader@an organisation you belong,sweet tongue d post and d responsibilities etc watch his reaction. To know If he is one dt will fight nd beat u over your income,tell him your dad or someone gave or deposited some large money in your account for u.wait for few weeks to c if he comes up asking for a loan. Further, refuse him nd watch d reaction for some days Etc
For each test score him nd be objective.never expect that he can be better/change his attitude.strain yourself to do him som favour nd see if he enjoys it or feels so concerned that u went all d way to do that for him.etc all in all pray for divine guidance.
Check his family(d siblings, d mother etc)can u cope with them?does this guy have a future?,is he enterprising, is he God fearing?, does he respect your family,etc
B o Luck

...and when they finally get "the One" that passes the test (like the 37th candidate) you'll be there to award them a combined honors Ph.D in "Suspicion (Spousal Surveillance & Tracking), Bitching and Self-righteousness".
Na wa O!
Realistically, first off, are you truly deserving of a person with the character you desire? Learn to observe your intending-beloved in their natural habit, when they're at their standard temperature and pressure (STP) letting their hair down, warts and all.
I wouldn't recommend working up so many bench-test scenarios, a few at most is human. What you're suggesting my dear borders on being paranoid, is manipulative and emotionally fraudulent. You won't mind being administered a dose of your own medicine I'm sure.
What I'm saying is invest quality & quantity time with your intended and observe reactions. Spontaneous situations will arise that you'd otherwise not have been able to orchestrate yourself that'll reveal the true person in a gradual unwrapping layer by layer. Individuals can't pretend much around family & work colleagues. Make some interaction with the persons friends.
Observe reactions and conversation. Don't make excuses for patterns of behavior that surface.
Talk alot and talk about as much as is comfortable for both of you at that stage of the relationship (don't go asking what her favourite sex position if you're not that close, she'll leave you cold or you'd get an excited LovePeddler). Invest some time with the person. Or you'd go loony with your psycho test.
Please Stay True to You, don't lose yourself trying to find your other half because when you do, you'd still miss out on the person.
Cheers.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by esummer: 9:11am On Sep 06, 2012
A Friend's experience:

While praying about her future hubby she told God she wanted a sign to know the 'right one'; the sign was a finger of banana...the guy should give her a finger from a bunch of banana.
One fateful evening (years later), on her way back from work a reckless driver ran into her (Dad's) car, was a slight scratch though. After some verbal vendetta, they both drove down to the guy's panel-beater to fix her car.
She then crossed to the other side of the road, to a shop and sat down. There was this banana seller passing by, the guy bought some, plucked out a finger from what he bought and asked the girl to take it to the lady in the shop. That was it!!! After much initial hostilities from her side, they are happily married now.
Was also the case of the biblical Isaac; ...the lady to give water to the flock and shepherd...
But from me: listen to God, then your instincts; these are the two most important parties in a successful marriage.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by freecocoa(f): 9:28am On Sep 06, 2012
Cutejay: We are not married yet, but i knew he was ok for me because i hated sex with a passion even just a touch from my boyfriend irritated me then,i even made up my mind not to do it anymore untill i get married cuz i saw it as a sin. After i broke up with him, i met this guy everything flowed naturally,he was the man i saw in my vision when i was praying,someone i hadnt met before. But when we started dating i couldnt help myself he made my world spin and still does and when we have sex its like the most beautiful thing i've ever had without any resistance on my part and now we are in a very serious relationship,he has 80% of the qualities i want in a man,i said 80 cuz no1 is perfect. I know it would be a happy ending.
Kai human beings sha, you saw 5ex as a sin not because you were born again, its just because you didn't love that your then boyfriend, now you are having 5ex with this one and don't see it as a sin, you funny sha but if you must know, premarital 5ex is a sin especially to people like you who claim to see God and talk with him everyday.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by freecocoa(f): 9:31am On Sep 06, 2012
RuuDie:

Some kain girls sha. . .and I mean you, not the other girl!
Ehen, wetin do me?angry
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 06, 2012
liu_kang:

Hmm...allow me make some logical deductions.
Frank question 1st: are you seriously thinking of getting married to the new guy ?
Deductions -
1. You hated having sex with your boyfriend in your previous relationship simply because the guy was HORRIBLE in bed, infact so bad & it was uncomfortable you equated sex to sin, and that "sin" with him was particularly not worth it.
2.You got tired of "sinning" with him and were glad you both broke up.
3. The new guy is so good, "sinning" is fun again, Yay!
Infact he's so good he gets 80% on your scoresheet. Probably because that criterion alone carries that same percentage on your scoresheet.
Who knows what makes up for the 20% left.
Sex is important my dear, but not as important as you're seeming to make it.
Anyways, my point: take an objective look at your relationship with the future in view. Stop letting sex alone cloud your head. Well, I'll refer you back to the first question I asked again. Your response then determines how you'd take all I've said.
Wish you luck with your future. Please don't f.uck it all away.
Cheers.
seen.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 06, 2012
i hear oo
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by freecocoa(f): 10:42am On Sep 06, 2012
Cutejay: maa'm i know that very well. You are only judging me based on what you understand. Anyways i got your point thanks.
I'm not judging you o, na your judge yourself. You are welcome anyways.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by RuuDie(m): 11:13am On Sep 06, 2012
freecocoa: Ehen, wetin do me?angry

So its ok, even normal for guys to continually apologize even when he is not in the wrong. . . but when a lady does, you conclude that something is wrong with her abi!?
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Cruzgee: 11:34am On Sep 06, 2012
;DYour name has suggested what you want or want to see to know if she is the one abi no be so? When you don see the one we her abuna dey kampe, then you know she's the one.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by chrome1(m): 11:55am On Sep 06, 2012
Wat about the N5000 notes?
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by freecocoa(f): 12:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
RuuDie:

So its ok, even normal for guys to continually apologize even when he is not in the wrong. . . but when a lady does, you conclude that something is wrong with her abi!?
And where did i say its okay to always apologize whether you are wrong or right?

Confused much?
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Abbott(m): 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2012
debrief08: He was honest from day 1, told me what he wanted even though I assumed it was one of those lines, but I accepted more lunch and dinner dates, I saw he was very intelligent, honest, decent, logical (not one of those my pastor said peeps), made me laugh, respected his parents, had good family relationship, not to forget the first kiss. Hmmmm, that kiss requires a thread of its own

When will you start this Kiss thread? I want to learn. Seriously. smiley
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Abbott(m): 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2012
The Obowunmi/Okontami that I know on Nairaland is raunchy, lewd and comes across as sex starved, this mannered Op, replying to posts and on time too is strange.
#ThinkingOutLoud.

@post, when you see her, you will know.
Mo nda mo ti n ba rii.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by liukang1: 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2012
Cutejay: First ansa yes am ready 2 marry him. 2ndly am not a sex addict it jst happened that i never liked it at all then, it was a personal thing not cuz the other guy i dated was not good in bed ofcourse he was but we just didn't have a connection. But i found som1 whom we connect in everyway not just the sex cuz we dnt do that all the time(maybe 1nce in a month). Thanks for your advice i wouldnt f*ck it all the way cuz thats not my priority in the relationship,av got other serious stuffs in my life to do than just banging. Sorry i forgot to add sex is not the only thing that makes up the 80% infact its just 10% out of the 80%.. *winks*

<Derailing Thread>
Let me bid my time.
With your Ex you didn't have a connection, with your Next you connect in everyway...OK don't pardon the pun wink
<in a hushed tone - dearie, next time keep the jiggy roster just between the two of you, that was way too much information thank you>
Believe me dear, Sex Money and Communication make up 75% of a relationship, at least in my books, Sex is way more than 10%.
<Frank talk now>My issue was actually with your amorphous definition of sin, Then it was, Now it isn't. Bore is Sin, Fun is Not.
Some standards don't change - whether its fun or not, 2 + 2 is 4 (apart from in Euclidan Geometry).
Cheers darl.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by wills03: 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2012
chaircover: if you start cultivating the habit of only dating girls that you have a fair idea that they are of marriageable quality, then it will be much easier for you to make the choice later on.

Like most have said, you will just know that this is the right one.

No need to date many b4 u knw, jus pray be attracted to certain characteristics. follow ur heart.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by drnoel: 10:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
freecocoa: Kai human beings sha, you saw 5ex as a sin not because you were born again, its just because you didn't love that your then boyfriend, now you are having 5ex with this one and don't see it as a sin, you funny sha but if you must know, premarital 5ex is a sin especially to people like you who claim to see God and talk with him everyday.
~~~~seconded
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by drnoel: 10:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
Cutejay: First ansa yes am ready 2 marry him. 2ndly am not a sex addict it jst happened that i never liked it at all then, it was a personal thing not cuz the other guy i dated was not good in bed ofcourse he was but we just didn't have a connection. But i found som1 whom we connect in everyway not just the sex cuz we dnt do that all the time(maybe 1nce in a month). Thanks for your advice i wouldnt f*ck it all the way cuz thats not my priority in the relationship,av got other serious stuffs in my life to do than just banging. Sorry i forgot to add sex is not the only thing that makes up the 80% infact its just 10% out of the 80%.. *winks*

now now now madam, don't run away with ya sef. No one care how many times u sleep with ur new guy (scratches his ear) that was rather too much information. Besides we all know u and him do it more than that once a month because sex has no time table, its should just happen with ur partner and not be given a routine time.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 11:35pm On Sep 06, 2012
esummer: A Friend's experience:

While praying about her future hubby she told God she wanted a sign to know the 'right one'; the sign was a finger of banana...the guy should give her a finger from a bunch of banana.
One fateful evening (years later), on her way back from work a reckless driver ran into her (Dad's) car, was a slight scratch though. After some verbal vendetta, they both drove down to the guy's panel-beater to fix her car.
She then crossed to the other side of the road, to a shop and sat down. There was this banana seller passing by, the guy bought some, plucked out a finger from what he bought and asked the girl to take it to the lady in the shop. That was it!!! After much initial hostilities from her side, they are happily married now.
Was also the case of the biblical Isaac; ...the lady to give water to the flock and shepherd...
But from me: listen to God, then your instincts; these are the two most important parties in a successful marriage.

I like this.... hehehe Banana
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 11:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
Abbott: The Obowunmi/Okontami that I know on Nairaland is raunchy, lewd and comes across as sex starved, this mannered Op, replying to posts and on time too is strange.
#ThinkingOutLoud.

@post, when you see her, you will know.
Mo nda mo ti n ba rii.

Saaay whaaaaaa grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by ifyalways(f): 7:36am On Sep 07, 2012
Lol @ Abbott .
He pretends/behaves well here. . . To my surprise too.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by maclatunji: 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2012
ifyalways: Lol @ Abbott .
He pretends/behaves well here. . . To my surprise too.

This is an advert to attract potential "The Ones" now. The brother must be on best behaviour methinks. cheesy tongue
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2012
maclatunji:

This is an advert to attract potential "The Ones" now. The brother must be on best behaviour methinks. cheesy tongue

Lies. angry angry angry
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by maclatunji: 9:26pm On Sep 07, 2012
^Pele (Sorry).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Right To Hide Or Belittle Yourself To Find "Wife Material? / Should A Husband And Wife Operate A Joint Account? / Marriage: Specs Or Peace Of Mind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.