Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? (16940 Views)

20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. / Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight / What Can Make You Turn Your Partner's Intimacy Approach Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by septua: 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2012
kokoye: I didnt.

I just decided to make her the one.

Stop reading pacesetters or mills & boon.

Thank you
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
freecocoa: I guess i can answer in 2 years time.
hmmm! "Coughing"
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by freecocoa(f): 4:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
berem: hmmm! "Coughing"
Here, take some water darling cheesy.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
debrief08: There are no hard and fast rules dear, when you met someone who says something and hours later you still remember what they said in the same voice they saaid it and still laugh it may be a sign.
Secondly, stop getting carried away by flashy women/ men, go deeper, look for character and things you know will keep you glued when the physical appearance fades.
No one can tell you this is exactly what you will feel or how you will know, also limit your flings, so that when the "one" comes the side runs won't discourage her

Only if you were single.....
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:13pm On Sep 05, 2012
Yo!
So maybe I am still recovering from that Michelle Obama speech, but every good man out there deserves to have a wife like that who can stand and talk of their man the way she did (and I dont care if they end their marriage tomorrow). I would be certain that she understands my values and what I stand for. She believes and understands what it takes to have a good marriage not just a "wedding day".
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 4:14pm On Sep 05, 2012
septua:

Thank you

Why are you saying "thank you" what if she didn't want him or feel the same way in turn. He speaks as though, she didn't make the choice by stating "I made her the one."

He could have made her, but what if she wasn't interested in him.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
Chrisbenogor: Yo!
So maybe I am still recovering from that Michelle Obama speech, but every good man out there deserves to have a wife like that who can stand and talk of their man the way she did (and I dont care if they end their marriage tomorrow). I would be certain that she understands my values and what I stand for. She believes and understands what it takes to have a good marriage not just a "wedding day".

I couldn't agree more. She "agreed" to marry him way before he was successful. I think God made her match with Barack happen. Lucky woman.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
Jarus: Most of the girls I met before her lacked one or two fundamental things.
Beautiful, humble, trying religious-wise, she still wasn't 100% the standards I set for myself, and it took some time before I knew my 100% lady was only available in Mars. So when I realized she got more than the fundamentals, I settled for her. Shortly after, met another person(a Nairalander) that almost threw me into confusion.

But to God be the glory - she is just an epitome of the qualities I had longed for in my woman. No regrets at all. I think prayer (especially by my parents)was very key because, she is all my parents had always wished for and prayed for me.

I like this. Prayer is key.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by gabriel74: 4:19pm On Sep 05, 2012
Give her and infectious smiling and wait for her response, do that today and tell me the result,then i will tell you if she is you wife or not..
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by kellystech(m): 4:20pm On Sep 05, 2012
obowunmi: Dear friends in the family section,

I am not sure if this topic has been overflogged but I am very curious to know, to those of you that are "happily married," how did you know your spouse was "the one?"

What did they do? what did they say? Did you pray? what signs were evident? Please share your story. smiley
comment reserved
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by cdamsel(f): 4:21pm On Sep 05, 2012
am wit u on dat sister grin
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 4:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
@ Jarus: what if your parents didn't like her? Would you have proceeded with the relationship anyway?
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by ITbomb(m): 4:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
.brb
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by nitrogen(m): 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2012
me too, or let me say in 3-4 years time.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by ujukala: 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
Ha ha ha... You are very funny.
slumcat: when she came into d bank to withdraw 10million... dat was wen i dat knew she was d one 4 me.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Orikinla(m): 4:32pm On Sep 05, 2012
Our love has remained unbreakable in spite of the evil machinations of enemies of progress.
The Queen has not lost her crown and the King has not lost his throne.
Their love conquers all and reigns as God leads and rules.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by safeLove(f): 4:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
Mine was out of neccessity. I was a bloody jambite and he appeared just at the nick of time. We have been friends ever since. I knew he was the one when he told me he was travelling to UK for his masters and I knew I was incomplete without him. Had to buy a blackberry the following day.
I always hammer on friendship. When that initial shacking stops,you still won't be bored with him/her. That's when friendship keeps it going.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by maclatunji: 4:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
kokoye: I didnt.

I just decided to make her the one.

Stop reading pacesetters or mills & boon.

Ouch!
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by maclatunji: 4:40pm On Sep 05, 2012
BlueDiva: Most times it doesn't work that way.
You may not even like him/her at first but you get won over by the many desired qualities you see in him/her over time.

Most times you find out that you're not going to get the mythical dark, sexy, tall and handsome.
What you will get may be the plain looking person but who has a kind heart, cares about you, is decent and will make a good partner, husband/wife.

Life is not a movie.
The 'one' hardly exist for most realistic people.

You take a plunge after making all logical deductions and hope for the best.

I think I will go with this.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Mosimosco(m): 4:40pm On Sep 05, 2012
She apologize any time i offended her instead of I
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by freecocoa(f): 4:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
Orikinla: Our love has remained unbreakable in spite of the evil machinations of enemies of progress.
The Queen has not lost her crown and the King has not lost his throne.
Their love conquers all and reigns as God leads and rules.
When did you get married?
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by freecocoa(f): 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2012
Mosimosco: She apologize any time i offended her instead of I
Seriously? No offense but there is something wrong with that girl.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by mizzyboy007: 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2012
Therez no such thing as the "one"...it only exists in the movies. Wake up peeps...
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by maclatunji: 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2012
Jarus: Most of the girls I met before her lacked one or two fundamental things.
Beautiful, humble, trying religious-wise, she still wasn't 100% the standards I set for myself, and it took some time before I knew my 100% lady was only available in Mars. So when I realized she got more than the fundamentals, I settled for her. Shortly after, met another person(a Nairalander) that almost threw me into confusion.

But to God be the glory - she is just an epitome of the qualities I had longed for in my woman. No regrets at all. I think prayer (especially by my parents)was very key because, she is all my parents had always wished for and prayed for me.

Awwwww, isn't this sweet? grin
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by mengi: 4:43pm On Sep 05, 2012
when i first see her, my heart make me jing,jing,jing like train. my belle do me yori,yori like butterfly. my eyes [/b]come dey shine like halogen lamp. My[b] 32teeth come dey exposed like rat 4 swimming pool. As 4 my third leg ,come le like electric pole.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 05, 2012
Heheheheheeeee, you won't be able to cope with half of what Mr. Debrief copes with oh.
One more thing, a woman with brains is worth millions. Forget the silly ego some bush men display who don't like being with a smart woman, having a woman who can hold a discussion, sports, politics and generally is aware of other things apart from the latest BB, IPAD and brazzilian hair is important
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by maclatunji: 4:53pm On Sep 05, 2012
debrief08: Heheheheheeeee, you won't be able to cope with half of what Mr. Debrief copes with oh.
One more thing, a woman with brains is worth millions. Forget the silly ego some bush men display who don't like being with a smart woman, having a woman who can hold a discussion, sports, politics and generally is aware of other things apart from the latest BB, IPAD and brazzilian hair is important

Intelligence attracts me to a woman faster than anything else.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Paentera(m): 4:56pm On Sep 05, 2012
obowunmi: Dear friends in the family section,

I am not sure if this topic has been overflogged but I am very curious to know, to those of you that are "happily married," how did you know your spouse was "the one?"

What did they do? what did they say? Did you pray? what signs were evident? Please share your story. smiley

On our first date, she was not too reserved and just remained herself - she had sent her picture and I waited to meet her at the Palms Mall. For some reason, she came with her elder sister's brood and since I knew her and she didn't know me, I saw her usher those kids around in a very ideal way I would have wanted her to treat ours - they love her so much and rely on her for so many things. She seemed so responsible and then as she walked into the pharmacy to get one of them some drugs - I tapped her shoulder and as she spun around...she just game me a hug and asked that I give her a few minutes to finish up with the kids. Once she was done, she handed them over to her younger brother and we went to see a movie - she allowed me to hold her hand during the movie and she put her hand on my shoulder as she cried during the movie. I had not even asked her out! On my way to drop her off at her folks, she felt so comfortable with her self in my car and just did that thing that women after your heart do - they own the space! lol. I just knew that first day we met, that we were made for each other. 5 years after, we're still together and we celebrated our 2 year of being together in holy matrimony yesterday September 4, 2012. I'm still crazy about her!

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 4:58pm On Sep 05, 2012
freecocoa: Seriously? No offense but there is something wrong with that girl.

Couldn't agree more. LooooL
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 5:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
Paentera:

On our first date, she was not too reserved and just remained herself - she had sent her picture and I waited to meet her at the Palms Mall. For some reason, she came with her elder sister's brood and since I knew her and she didn't know me, I saw her usher those kids around in a very ideal way I would have wanted her to treat ours - they love her so much and rely on her for so many things. She seemed so responsible and then as she walked into the pharmacy to get one of them some drugs - I tapped her shoulder and as she spun around...she just game me a hug and asked that I give her a few minutes to finish up with the kids. Once she was done, she handed them over to her younger brother and we went to see a movie - she allowed me to hold her hand during the movie and she put her hand on my shoulder as she cried during the movie. I had not even asked her out! On my way to drop her off at her folks, she felt so comfortable with her self in my car and just did that thing that women after your heart do - they own the space! lol. I just knew that first day we met, that we were made for each other. 5 years after, we're still together and we celebrated our 2 year of being together in holy matrimony yesterday September 4, 2012. I'm still crazy about her!

Congrats bro!
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Ninilowo(m): 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2012
I was away from duty and declared AWOL. she checked on me in the evening, discovered I was ill, brought me some pills and pepper soup, informed my duty sergeant and ..................
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Azumy(f): 5:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
berem: OLEEEE! tongue
seconded! Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Right To Hide Or Belittle Yourself To Find "Wife Material? / Should A Husband And Wife Operate A Joint Account? / Marriage: Specs Or Peace Of Mind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.