Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? (16941 Views)

20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. / Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight / What Can Make You Turn Your Partner's Intimacy Approach Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by UNLEASHED(m): 7:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
Not married yet but I'll know she's the one if she goes KFC with me when I have money and drink my Garri when I don't undecided

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
shymexx: Personal opinion:

I get bored of chics easily after smashing it a couple of times and I don't really feel comfortable sharing my bed with people(including chics) for more than two days...

So any chic I can smash more than 50 times, and still want more - and I can probably live with for a long period of time is definitely is the one... cool

@shymexx You just hit the nail on the head.. Never knew i would see someone who thinks and acts like me.. You are spot on.. I'll know she's the one when i don't get tired of seeing her and shagging her.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by mediainspired: 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
@Poster, sure there are definite signals. Just be sensitive enuf to note dem. Look out for these: 1. U feel an inexplicable inner peace being wit &talkin wit her, unlike wit any other girl b4 her. 2. U feel like u'v known her all ur life &wonder why u'v not known her longer. 3. Wen u think of d future &imagine urself wit kids, u also her in it without any atom of fear 4. U notice, whether subtly or significantly, dat u're becomin a better, more mature &disciplined person, &u know she influenced it sumhow. 4. U'.re suddenly conscious of ur age &begin to seriously think of marriage

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by edakedkay: 7:43pm On Sep 05, 2012
When he decided to look pass my very many shortcomings. He always said 'God won't let the love i've shown you be in vain. You'll change for my sake'. I was completely loved by his family, he took to mine easily. The rest is history

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by nyce03(f): 7:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
Its a natural tin, U̶̲̥̅̊ will feel d connection and d chemistry will be so strong U̶̲̥̅̊ won't be able to resist it, then U̶̲̥̅̊ will surely knw she's d one
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by mediainspired: 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2012
@Poster, do u guys share same or SIMILAR values &dreams? (subtly &smartly find out without tipping her off, so she doesn't ape u when she knows urs). And lastly, if u ever hav nagging doubts - no matter how 'flawless' she may look to u - then u'll need to hesitate, cos it often means a red flag she's hiding but u don't know about yet. Be aware too dat if u're askin God's guidance but stil enmeshed in mud, He won't answer. It wil bounce off. So u might need to rely on ur own intuition - which culd be RIGHT or WRONG. LOTTERY!
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by maclatunji: 7:56pm On Sep 05, 2012
nyce03: Its a natural tin, U̶̲̥̅̊ will feel d connection and d chemistry will be so strong U̶̲̥̅̊ won't be able to resist it, then U̶̲̥̅̊ will surely knw she's d one

I have Chemistry with some people like a particular relative and some friends. I am yet to find romantic chemistry. Trust me, I know what Chemistry is.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by twentycent(m): 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
Well I told God that I needed him to touch my heart and give a shock when the right Lady for me comes, I was in Lagos and almost missed a friends Wedding in Delta but reluctantly went and she was just passing thru cos she lives around the Wedding venue and something touched me saying look back and there she was innocently chatting with her friends and the voice came to me and said...THIS IS UR WIFE. I have not turned back since then, you need to search within you and you will surely know when the person comes thru..
But how does this affect the price of cahill GARY in the transfer MARKET..up chelsea..lol

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Leboska(m): 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
I went to mushin market to buy something & i saw her drinking that thing that was how i knew she is d one. Every body is invited 2 our wedding. G&kulikuli very plainty!
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Skii(m): 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2012
Paentera:

On our first date, she was not too reserved and just remained herself - she had sent her picture and I waited to meet her at the Palms Mall. For some reason, she came with her elder sister's brood and since I knew her and she didn't know me, I saw her usher those kids around in a very ideal way I would have wanted her to treat ours - they love her so much and rely on her for so many things. She seemed so responsible and then as she walked into the pharmacy to get one of them some drugs - I tapped her shoulder and as she spun around...she just game me a hug and asked that I give her a few minutes to finish up with the kids. Once she was done, she handed them over to her younger brother and we went to see a movie - she allowed me to hold her hand during the movie and she put her hand on my shoulder as she cried during the movie. I had not even asked her out! On my way to drop her off at her folks, she felt so comfortable with her self in my car and just did that thing that women after your heart do - they own the space! lol. I just knew that first day we met, that we were made for each other. 5 years after, we're still together and we celebrated our 2 year of being together in holy matrimony yesterday September 4, 2012. I'm still crazy about her!

So romantic cry kiss *sobbs* grabbing tissue...better still where is Dyt so I can cry on her shoulder
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Skii(m): 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2012
mediainspired: @Poster, do u guys share same or SIMILAR values &dreams? (subtly &smartly find out without tipping her off, so she doesn't ape u when she knows urs). And lastly, if u ever hav nagging doubts - no matter how 'flawless' she may look to u - then u'll need to hesitate, cos it often means a red flag she's hiding but u don't know about yet. Be aware too dat if u're askin God's guidance but stil enmeshed in mud, He won't answer. It wil bounce off. So u might need to rely on ur own intuition - which culd be RIGHT or WRONG. LOTTERY!

excuse my understanding... undecided

what does "ape" mean as used above?

Example of nagging doubts? undecided

enmeshed in mud? undecided

are you advising to follow one's intuition without hearing from God?
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by mediainspired: 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
@skii, by 'ape,' i mean d girl telling d guy she shares d same or similar values wit him &trying hard @it, just to impress him &not because she really does hav those values/dreams. As for nagging doubts, if somone isnt d ryt person there'll be an inner doubt (wen u want to get serious wit her) dat u may not really be able to trace to an obvious flaw. By 'enmeshed in mud,' i mean all forms of immorality &ungodliness. Being rite wit God &lettin Him lead d way in d most important decisn of ur life is d way to go. But som rely on intuitn cos their conscience isnt rite wit God. Dats plain gambling. Just trying to be politically correct. Lol

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by olabbAbyla: 9:55pm On Sep 05, 2012
Let's assume you've agreed to date him,next u write out a list of negative qualities u don't want in a man.e.g he must not be selfish, uncaring,greedy, bossy,bad tempered,impatient etc.next-u'll become an actress acting these things out.e.g u want to knw if he's genuinely caring:switch your mood, becom moody nd even ask him to leave u alone,(just offend him)few hrs later or d next day,send. Txt dt u are ill.wen he comes, form vomiting,do all sort of things capable of pissing someone off.let it b around d time he'll b @wk or has lectures,this is to know whether u're a priority or reserve.did he com as soon as he was thro or @his leisure.wen he comes watch his facial expressns,actions,hw concerned he feels etc never let him knw its a test.
If u want to knw if he will block your progress if u married him,tell him u'v been appointed a leader@an organisation you belong,sweet tongue d post and d responsibilities etc watch his reaction. To know If he is one dt will fight nd beat u over your income,tell him your dad or someone gave or deposited some large money in your account for u.wait for few weeks to c if he comes up asking for a loan. Further, refuse him nd watch d reaction for some days Etc
For each test score him nd be objective.never expect that he can be better/change his attitude.strain yourself to do him som favour nd see if he enjoys it or feels so concerned that u went all d way to do that for him.etc all in all pray for divine guidance.
Check his family(d siblings, d mother etc)can u cope with them?does this guy have a future?,is he enterprising, is he God fearing?, does he respect your family,etc
B o Luck
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2012
hmmm

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Skii(m): 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
mediainspired: @skii, by 'ape,' i mean d girl telling d guy she shares d same or similar values wit him &trying hard @it, just to impress him &not because she really does hav those values/dreams. As for nagging doubts, if somone isnt d ryt person there'll be an inner doubt (wen u want to get serious wit her) dat u may not really be able to trace to an obvious flaw. By 'enmeshed in mud,' i mean all forms of immorality &ungodliness. Being rite wit God &lettin Him lead d way in d most important decisn of ur life is d way to go. But som rely on intuitn cos their conscience isnt rite wit God. Dats plain gambling. Just trying to be politically correct. Lol

wink
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by SexkillzDFAG: 10:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
OP HOW OLD ARE YOU
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 05, 2012
^^Ur username has me ROTFLMAO!! grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by nwgoziri(m): 10:50pm On Sep 05, 2012
illitrate: when i saw her big nyash and round waist i knew it.
nowonder u ans illitrate,loz
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by nwgoziri(m): 10:54pm On Sep 05, 2012
illitrate: when i saw her big nyash and round waist i knew it.
nowonder u ans illi.trate,loz
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 05, 2012
obowunmi:

Wishes it was this simple.

It is for people who are not troublemakers and noisemakers. wink cool
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
stillwater:

It is for people who are not troublemakers and noisemakers. wink cool

I am a troublemaker --- are you single? tongue embarassed
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by AZeD1(m): 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2012
My Rev, Pastor, Prophet, Imam and Baba all saw her in their dreams!!!
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Timijo(m): 1:09am On Sep 06, 2012
obowunmi: Dear friends in the family section,

I am not sure if this topic has been overflogged but I am very curious to know, to those of you that are "happily married," how did you know your spouse was "the one?"

What did they do? what did they say? Did you pray? what signs were evident? Please share your story. smiley
Please what is the meaning of this your name: Obowumi
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Timijo(m): 1:10am On Sep 06, 2012
obowunmi: Dear friends in the family section,

I am not sure if this topic has been overflogged but I am very curious to know, to those of you that are "happily married," how did you know your spouse was "the one?"

What did they do? what did they say? Did you pray? what signs were evident? Please share your story. smiley
Please what is the meaning of this your name: Obowunmi
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by coded777: 1:36am On Sep 06, 2012
I aint mawied so ai dont know.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 2:07am On Sep 06, 2012
Sexkillz-D-gay:
^^^^^

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 2:08am On Sep 06, 2012
Sexkillz-D-gay:
OP HOW OLD ARE YOU

who are you? grin
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 2:15am On Sep 06, 2012
Follow your heart and commit the rest to God...
Don't be indecisive. If she has everything you want in a woman, carry go.

Don't let anyone tell you "God said..."(many have been fooled this way). God respects your decision and has put the responsibility in your hand.
If he had something to say about it, you will know and you will need no 3rd party.
What you choose, he will bless....so long as una 2 get the same spirit.

It must be like this so you don't start blaming anyone for making you miss out on something good.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by CosmicJames(m): 4:19am On Sep 06, 2012
Critical question in the heart of every single/unmarried.
There is a guide for everyone of us. You ll be guided to the right person but you must not be disobedient to ur heart.
1. He/she is God's fearing
2. You will have the inner peace of mind with him or her.
3. There will be no fear of any kind in ur heart.
4. You will not be pressured into it. (feels natural)
5. You feels for him/her stronger than anyone else!
6. There will be a very strong desire in ur heart for him/her so that it is as if he/she takes ur breath away.
7. You will like him/her
8. Your body will be able to feels him/her, ur spirit will accept him/her and ur soul will signed it up.
9. Then there will be confirmation in ur heart dt he/she is the one.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by davidif: 4:59am On Sep 06, 2012
Naija people and marriage sha!
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by timilehing(m): 5:25am On Sep 06, 2012
AjanleKoko:

When the bell rings gbagaun!!! in your head, then you'll know. tongue
As in lunch time bell?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Right To Hide Or Belittle Yourself To Find "Wife Material? / Should A Husband And Wife Operate A Joint Account? / Marriage: Specs Or Peace Of Mind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.