Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? (16944 Views)

20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. / Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight / What Can Make You Turn Your Partner's Intimacy Approach Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Naledi14(f): 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2012
i think you just choose for yourself it doesn't happen in any moment specifically you just tell yourself that the qualities in this person are what i am looking for obviously she will not be perfect but you can deal with the bad side just so you can have the good.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by slimyem: 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2012
Paentera:

On our first date, she was not too reserved and just remained herself - she had sent her picture and I waited to meet her at the Palms Mall. For some reason, she came with her elder sister's brood and since I knew her and she didn't know me, I saw her usher those kids around in a very ideal way I would have wanted her to treat ours - they love her so much and rely on her for so many things. She seemed so responsible and then as she walked into the pharmacy to get one of them some drugs - I tapped her shoulder and as she spun around...she just game me a hug and asked that I give her a few minutes to finish up with the kids. Once she was done, she handed them over to her younger brother and we went to see a movie - she allowed me to hold her hand during the movie and she put her hand on my shoulder as she cried during the movie. I had not even asked her out! On my way to drop her off at her folks, she felt so comfortable with her self in my car and just did that thing that women after your heart do - they own the space! lol. I just knew that first day we met, that we were made for each other. 5 years after, we're still together and we celebrated our 2 year of being together in holy matrimony yesterday September 4, 2012. I'm still crazy about her!
isn't this just sweet...
Awwwwwsmileysmiley
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by maclatunji: 5:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
Paentera:

On our first date, she was not too reserved and just remained herself - she had sent her picture and I waited to meet her at the Palms Mall. For some reason, she came with her elder sister's brood and since I knew her and she didn't know me, I saw her usher those kids around in a very ideal way I would have wanted her to treat ours - they love her so much and rely on her for so many things. She seemed so responsible and then as she walked into the pharmacy to get one of them some drugs - I tapped her shoulder and as she spun around...she just game me a hug and asked that I give her a few minutes to finish up with the kids. Once she was done, she handed them over to her younger brother and we went to see a movie - she allowed me to hold her hand during the movie and she put her hand on my shoulder as she cried during the movie. I had not even asked her out! On my way to drop her off at her folks, she felt so comfortable with her self in my car and just did that thing that women after your heart do - they own the space! lol. I just knew that javascript:void(0);first day we met, that we were made for each other. 5 years after, we're still together and we celebrated our 2 year of being together in holy matrimony yesterday September 4, 2012. I'm still crazy about her!

Go away! angry grin

Hmmm... that "owning the space" thingy has me thinking.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2012
maclatunji:

Go away! angry grin

Hmmm... that "owning the space" thingy has me thinking.
Keke Napep jumpers beware lwkmd grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Naledi14(f): 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2012
[b]Paentera:

On our first date, she was not too reserved and just remained herself - she had sent her picture and I waited to meet her at the Palms Mall. For some reason, she came with her elder sister's brood and since I knew her and she didn't know me, I saw her usher those kids around in a very ideal way I would have wanted her to treat ours - they love her so much and rely on her for so many things. She seemed so responsible and then as she walked into the pharmacy to get one of them some drugs - I tapped her shoulder and as she spun around...she just game me a hug and asked that I give her a few minutes to finish up with the kids. Once she was done, she handed them over to her younger brother and we went to see a movie - she allowed me to hold her hand during the movie and she put her hand on my shoulder as she cried during the movie. I had not even asked her out! On my way to drop her off at her folks, she felt so comfortable with her self in my car and just did that thing that women after your heart do - they own the space! lol. I just knew that javascript:void(0);first day we met, that we were made for each other. 5 years after, we're still together and we celebrated our 2 year of being together in holy matrimony yesterday September 4, 2012. I'm still crazy about her!
[/b]

i instantly die of jealousy! ! !

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by maclatunji: 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2012
Is it also possible that the person you choose might just be fortunate to have come into your life at the right time that you were ready to settle-down? It is quite possible to miss-out on your ideal partner because of extraneous variables. Like the girl is ready but the guy is without means or the the guy is ready but the girl had to go abroad to study. Things like that.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 05, 2012
kokoye: I didnt.

I just decided to make her the one.

Stop reading pacesetters or mills & boon.
I always say this, loving someone is a decision!

You don't fall into it, u choose to love that someone undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by COMPAQ(m): 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
I knew he was the one 'cos his name was....Neo!!
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
Jarus: Most of the girls I met before her lacked one or two fundamental things.
Beautiful, humble, trying religious-wise, she still wasn't 100% the standards I set for myself, and it took some time before I knew my 100% lady was only available in Mars. So when I realized she got more than the fundamentals, I settled for her. [size=13pt]Shortly after, met another person(a Nairalander) that almost threw me into confusion.
[/size]
But to God be the glory - she is just an epitome of the qualities I had longed for in my woman. No regrets at all. I think prayer (especially by my parents)was very key because, she is all my parents had always wished for and prayed for me.

Really??!!! what Nairaland girl?? Gist us!
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 05, 2012
I think the person just gives you peace of mind. The person has no interest in playing games. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by ogbonoeba: 5:21pm On Sep 05, 2012
obowunmi: I ask because I am ready to settle down....women enjoy my money, good sexxx and other things that I have to offer but nothing else about them appeals to me to want to make them "the one."

Avoid the gold diggers and you will meet the one
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by cooltony: 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
Paentera:

On our first date, she was not too reserved and just remained herself - she had sent her picture and I waited to meet her at the Palms Mall. For some reason, she came with her elder sister's brood and since I knew her and she didn't know me, I saw her usher those kids around in a very ideal way I would have wanted her to treat ours - they love her so much and rely on her for so many things. She seemed so responsible and then as she walked into the pharmacy to get one of them some drugs - I tapped her shoulder and as she spun around...she just game me a hug and asked that I give her a few minutes to finish up with the kids. Once she was done, she handed them over to her younger brother and we went to see a movie - she allowed me to hold her hand during the movie and she put her hand on my shoulder as she cried during the movie. I had not even asked her out! On my way to drop her off at her folks, she felt so comfortable with her self in my car and just did that thing that women after your heart do - they own the space! lol. I just knew that first day we met, that we were made for each other. 5 years after, we're still together and we celebrated our 2 year of being together in holy matrimony yesterday September 4, 2012. I'm still crazy about her!
bro,i don c dat movie b4 jhur...shebi na d superb luv story
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
*Shollypopz:

I always say this, loving someone is a decision!

You don't fall into it, u choose to love that someone undecided

Lies. If she didn't love him back nko?

Do you know how many people that have made the decision to love but get hurt in return.

Abeg wake up joor!
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 5:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
stillwater: I think the person just gives you peace of mind. The person has no interest in playing games. undecided

Wishes it was this simple.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
obowunmi:

Lies. If she didn't love him back nko?

Do you know how many people that have made the decision to love but get hurt in return.

Abeg wake up joor!
I know it wuld be too complicated for your small mind....

Of course, some things are already in place b4 d decision is made

#no time!
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Jarus(m): 5:26pm On Sep 05, 2012
obowunmi: @ Jarus: what if your parents didn't like her? Would you have proceeded with the relationship anyway?

My parents weren't so comfortable with a couple of them before her, but they couldn't tell me directly(not wanting to directly interfere), and to make matters easier, it didn't work out on personal levels.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
maclatunji: Is it also possible that the person you choose might just be fortunate to have come into your life at the right time that you were ready to settle-down? It is quite possible to miss-out on your ideal partner because of extraneous variables. Like the girl is ready but the guy is without means or the the guy is ready but the girl had to go abroad to study. Things like that.

Goood questions. Is prayer the answer to avoid "missing out" - maybe there are many of "the ones" on a continuum and if one doesn't work out, the others do.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
*Shollypopz:

I know it wuld be too complicated for your small mind....

Of course, some things are already in place b4 d decision is made

#no time!
We are all wired differently you know, deciding to love someone undecided undecided undecided I dunno about that.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by wonlasewonimi: 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
debrief08: He was honest from day 1, told me what he wanted even though I assumed it was one of those lines, but I accepted more lunch and dinner dates, I saw he was very intelligent, honest, decent, logical (not one of those my pastor said peeps), made me laugh, respected his parents, had good family relationship, not to forget the first kiss. Hmmmm, that kiss requires a thread of its own
In short you weren't kissed by a foool, don't know if you were fooled by a kiss sha.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
I personally dont believe you can ever know who 'The One' is.

You can only love a person, work hard at the relationship, and hope for the best.

Last last pocahontas still slied John Smith!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by drnoel: 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
she looked in2 my eyes and smiled, my heart lost a beat and that has never happened 2 me b4 with any woman (believe me i know cos I dated multiple ladies like my life depended on it). I told her that day that if she called I may never be able 2 run like I did with the rest. She told me she would call so u could safe me from myself. The rest is history.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by demmie1: 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
obowunmi: I ask because I am ready to settle down....women enjoy my money, good sexxx and other things that I have to offer but nothing else about them appeals to me to want to make them "the one."
pretend you are broke for a year. do as if you have been fired, move to i face me i shoot you(like bariga) the one that remain with you is the one, if they are two, then they are the 'two'

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 5:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
jackbauersballs: I personally dont believe you can ever know who 'The One' is.

You can only love a person, work hard at the relationship, and hope for the best.

Last last pocahontas still slied John Smith!

I know this will sound superstitious but I always "dream" about my girlfriends...I know who is a player, gold digger, based on these dreams. The dreams come as warning "three times."

I believe "the one." exists - although perfection doesn't.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by obowunmi(m): 5:51pm On Sep 05, 2012
demmie1:
pretend you are broke for a year. do as if you have been fired, move to i face me i shoot you(like bariga) the one that remain with you is the one, if they are two, then they are the 'two'

Makes for a nice movie. But I don't intend to hide my lifestyle from my woman. She needs to be used to certain things as we are dating. Soorry but I don't want a bush woman. LooOoooL
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by demmie1: 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
Seriously, go for the one that you think loves you most or the one you love most...or keep searching till you hit the 100th one. Now that could be the real one grin
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by kokoye(m): 6:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
obowunmi:

what if she didn't want him or feel the same way in turn. He speaks as though, she didn't make the choice by stating "I made her the one."

He could have made her, but what if she wasn't interested in him.

I decided to make her the one because the feeling was mutual. I didnt force her.... I dont want someone who does not want me.

How's that for tasting garri?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by jokinexcel(m): 6:17pm On Sep 05, 2012
AM NEW HERE, PLS WHAT DO U GUYS MEAN BY "GARRI".OR IS THE NORMAL GARRI THAT I KNOW? I DONT REALLY UNDERSTAND.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Clairette(f): 6:17pm On Sep 05, 2012
slumcat: when she came into d bank to withdraw 10million... dat was wen i dat knew she was d one 4 me.

U got me laughing
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 05, 2012
debrief08: There are no hard and fast rules dear, when you met someone who says something and hours later you still remember what they said in the same voice they saaid it and still laugh it may be a sign.
Secondly, stop getting carried away by flashy women/ men, go deeper, look for character and things you know will keep you glued when the physical appearance fades.
No one can tell you this is exactly what you will feel or how you will know, also limit your flings, so that when the "one" comes the side runs won't discourage her
I give u my 100%.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 05, 2012
Mosimosco: She apologize any time i offended her instead of I
u beta correct it now, because, she go surprise u one day.
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Luxythere: 6:57pm On Sep 05, 2012
Chrisbenogor: Yo!
So maybe I am still recovering from that Michelle Obama speech, but every good man out there deserves to have a wife like that who can stand and talk of their man the way she did (and I dont care if they end their marriage tomorrow). I would be certain that she understands my values and what I stand for. She believes and understands what it takes to have a good marriage not just a "wedding day".

M Obama is an amazing woman ( my role model) she is a strong but kind black woman worthy of emulating she is no door mat yet she is humble and compassionate....the speech she made about him before the initial election, her hair was loosely packed , she looked like she had not slept properly and was without glamour yet she spoke like the soldier she is for her family....B Obama is one very lucky man....
Re: How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? by Luxythere: 7:01pm On Sep 05, 2012
freecocoa: Seriously? No offense but there is something wrong with that girl.

Correction: Many things wrong with the girl not something

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Right To Hide Or Belittle Yourself To Find "Wife Material? / Should A Husband And Wife Operate A Joint Account? / Marriage: Specs Or Peace Of Mind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.