Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. (14358 Views)

This Family Wants To Rent A Groomsman Fo Their Son's Wedding / Nobody In Her Family Wants Me Except Her / My Family Wants Me To breakup with My Fiancee For A Wealthy Older Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by jayjagz: 9:23am On Sep 07, 2012
Are you asking that question? undecided This is your own life partner for God's sake. Money is just by the way but your love matters a lot and if you see some elements of seriousness in your struggling husband and you support him, there is every possibility that finance will not be a problem. So I beg of you marry the man of your choice and don't allow ANYBODY to make you a victim of circumstances.
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 07, 2012
omosexy1:

I like this. Poster go and get a job first and support your parents

And if she keeps looking for this job till 5 years time, she shouldnt marry

There was a girl who got proposed to by a guy who already built a house and was in his early 30's. The girl told him, she wants to go for service first. Yet the girl kept on demanding money from the guy expecting to keep milking him for the next 12-14months before settling down. Well, the guy wanted marrying like in 4months time. He left for another girl, then the first girl went about shedding tears. Isnt that stupidity
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Ejiuka: 9:32am On Sep 07, 2012
My Sister,I know you won't believe this simple truth,Money is everything in life,when you get it,you have gotten every other things,think about how your family has wallowed in abject poverty,and a man is here now who wants to help you out from too much struggle and suffering on this earth,and you are here talking about praying,this is God's sent and already,the answer to your aged long prayers,If you see that he is not a ritualist,thief,and if he made his money in a rightful way,my sister please run follow him,and all other things you can acquire a skills to be able to manage and follow up.There is nothing like look,even if you stay with your enemey over a period of time,you will develop love for him.Plesae don't be decieve because of supper stories and write ups that never happened in life.
This is your life,if you miss it,you have missed it forever.It doesn't mean that all rich people are not good,you can also be poor and doesn't have character,just for you to show him love and go extra moles for him and he will reciprocate.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 07, 2012
Interesting Topic. I happen to know a sister who is trying to throw herself into some unfathomable family condition because she happens to be in love. Only difference with you is that nobody has asked her to marry a certain rich-man.

However, your problem is that you seem to be defining yourself by marriage, Either A or B, then you jump in and go kill yourself.
For all I care non-of these men could be your partner. You need to attend to the insecurity you harbour inside which is why you are seeking for marriage as an escape. Ask yourself, what value have you added to yourself in the last one year that is not geared towards marriage, If non, then you have a big problem that marriage cannot solve.

The factors you raised: wealth and love are both not assured. The boyfriend you believe loves you could change his mind tomorrow, he may never be better than he is today, He may make it big tomorrow. The rich-man you refuse to know today, could really love you tomorrow, may also never love you, may also become poor tomorrow. I will not advise you to marry a man way older than you though, but also do not marry into poverty if you have better choices. The choice of partner is a conscious decision you must make, not blindly because you are in love, but strategically like a woman who is preparing a nest for her children, a lovemeal for her partner and a home for herself. Missing any of the three elements in the preceeding sentence is ill advised. Love yourself before loving anybody.

Secondly, marriage is not all about love. Love is important, resources are also important. Some people can do it, but I will not advise any sister of mine to marry from comfort into a foreseen poverty. People may tell you about their ideal impressions of love, but truth is that it is not by accident that most of us never fall in love with people way below our class. In marriage money, social clout and love all matter.

Live your life comfortable in your skin, married or not married, then marriage will come to you at you own terms.
In the cause of that What you need to learn is how to assess the value of a man:
Think in these lines:

Do you really know him?
What is his prospect?
Have you related with him?
In the time you have knowm him, what positive impact has he had on you? (if none run)
What value do you add to him?
Does he recognize and appreciate them?
How does his future plan, fit into you own personal ambitions? (that's if you have one, I have learnt that most women who badly want to get married hardly think of anything beyond the wedding day)
Apart from love and sex, what does he bring to the table? security, wealth, career, social clout
Pity a man, give him money for it, but not love for pity

Mind you, Men are not really as emotional as women. If you think you cannot live without the man you love, find out if truly he can live without you.
All in all, pray to God for direction. If I were a woman, while I will not marry the richest guy merely for his money, I will also not marry the loveliest guy I find if he cannot protect and provide for me and his future children to a reasonable expectation. Beyond all, I will not touch a man with a long pole, if he has no self initiated ambition, no prospects and depends on me to tell him what next to do.

3 Likes

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Smallville4live(m): 10:02am On Sep 07, 2012
That your Pastor is not a man of God. How will he say that he has seen you marrying that man just like that. God did not show him any vision. So my dear, go on your kneels and pray to God for directions.
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by muyenmuyen: 12:06pm On Sep 07, 2012
hello young lady, why u so much in a hurry? it is better 4 u to wait for aman of ur choice and ur love ones . it may be rossy in the 1st begining with wealthy man but later u will regret it.enough 4 the wise
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Dahbutter(m): 12:18pm On Sep 07, 2012
190: WOW even Nigerian families too

Hmm. . . i bet that family must be undecided

U wan find trouble? Oya na! Complete the sentence, . . .must be what? Or from whia? I don commot my cloth remain pant am ready to fight u for saying our people like to marry their kids for money! angry
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by kemifemi: 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2012
Do you have a relationship with God? If u don't hear God over trivial issues then u can't hear him when it comes to sensitive ones as this.
Prayer is the key my sister.
So Pray untill God speak to you,never ever ever give in to pressure because if you do, they won't be there to suffer with you. Marry a man that loves God and you will be glad u did
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by DePriest2(m): 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2012
What of if MR RICH is divinely your real husband, and how would you understand and love a man you never talk with, start having conversation with him and spend more time with God. I believe God will guide you through visions, dreams and wisdom. And remember that most times this thing we call LOVE is a big lust, you may love a guy maybe because of his eyes, height,romancing or maybe the way their speech sound, whatever reasons, and all those things will definitely fade away if poverty becomes your landlord. All you need is prayer and be wise. As for the age, there is nothing wrong with woman been 16yrs young than her husband.
(well, all these numerous advice is good, but the most important thing is to hear from God, not through pastor or any body, you can hear from God on your own any time you want HIM to guide you).
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Daresh(f): 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2012
septua:

Father said in as much as he want me to marry a rich man dat dey shuld allow me to follow my heart and giv me a chance to say No if i wish to. Meanwhile wen i met d suitor and he said he wanted to know everythin abt me . I told him abt my guy and i tot he understood. But he went and told my piple dat i said i m already engaged to marry to sombody next year and dey know abt it. Now my mum dem are upset dat dey have not even met my guy and am tellin a suitor about my plans to marry him.(BTW I havent introduced my guy to dem cos we r waiting for d rite time) but now things are kind of gettin complicated and dey dont want to hear abt my guy for now cos i want to bring him in d picture.and i dont want him to come and rush thins. and he says if i want to marry rich man dat he wont stop me but if i wait next year dat he will neva disapont.i beliv him and i want to wait. But i m being pressed by my aunty dem. I want to switch off my fone but my sister say i shuldnt do dat.

If you want my honest advice, marry the guy you love and who loves you. Forget all that crap your Mama is telling you. Follow your heart. What is 1 yr? What is 3yrs? That time will came and go in a flash. Marry the man that loves you. Dont join the ranks of women complaining about how their hubby provides for them but carries women around. If you have ears, heed my advice and marry the bobo that loves you. How can you even CONSIDER marrying someone you dont like? You will live with him for 10, 20, 30 , 40 years so you have to love him very very well. My 2 cents!!
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Oxytocin712: 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2012
In as much as ur father is not really in their support, pls take things with easy. 1. Stop discussing abt ur guy wt them once he has assure u his love & commitment and since u hav let them knw ur decision @ home. 2. Stop answering questns partaning to marriage @ home for a while. 3. Talk to ur dad as daughter to father on ur desires. 4. Be FIRM IN UR DECISIONS BEC UR DESTINY IS IN UR HANDS, but ensure ur guy is ready to STAND & STAY BY U THRU DIS PERIOD. Wt time dey wil reason wt u. Talkin 4rm facts, STAY
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by mspookie: 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2012
Marry both(2 husbands) afterall, men marry 2 wivesundecided
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Evagbosoria: 8:41pm On Sep 07, 2012
Happens all the time in Nigeria
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Evagbosoria: 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2012
KenGali: Interesting Topic. I happen to know a sister who is trying to throw herself into some unfathomable family condition because she happens to be in love. Only difference with you is that nobody has asked her to marry a certain rich-man.

However, your problem is that you seem to be defining yourself by marriage, Either A or B, then you jump in and go kill yourself.
For all I care non-of these men could be your partner. You need to attend to the insecurity you harbour inside which is why you are seeking for marriage as an escape. Ask yourself, what value have you added to yourself in the last one year that is not geared towards marriage, If non, then you have a big problem that marriage cannot solve.

The factors you raised: wealth and love are both not assured. The boyfriend you believe loves you could change his mind tomorrow, he may never be better than he is today, He may make it big tomorrow. The rich-man you refuse to know today, could really love you tomorrow, may also never love you, may also become poor tomorrow. I will not advise you to marry a man way older than you though, but also do not marry into poverty if you have better choices. The choice of partner is a conscious decision you must make, not blindly because you are in love, but strategically like a woman who is preparing a nest for her children, a lovemeal for her partner and a home for herself. Missing any of the three elements in the preceeding sentence is ill advised. Love yourself before loving anybody.

Secondly, marriage is not all about love. Love is important, resources are also important. Some people can do it, but I will not advise any sister of mine to marry from comfort into a foreseen poverty. People may tell you about their ideal impressions of love, but truth is that it is not by accident that most of us never fall in love with people way below our class. In marriage money, social clout and love all matter.

Live your life comfortable in your skin, married or not married, then marriage will come to you at you own terms.
In the cause of that What you need to learn is how to assess the value of a man:
Think in these lines:

Do you really know him?
What is his prospect?
Have you related with him?
In the time you have knowm him, what positive impact has he had on you? (if none run)
What value do you add to him?
Does he recognize and appreciate them?
How does his future plan, fit into you own personal ambitions? (that's if you have one, I have learnt that most women who badly want to get married hardly think of anything beyond the wedding day)
Apart from love and sex, what does he bring to the table? security, wealth, career, social clout
Pity a man, give him money for it, but not love for pity

Mind you, Men are not really as emotional as women. If you think you cannot live without the man you love, find out if truly he can live without you.
All in all, pray to God for direction. If I were a woman, while I will not marry the richest guy merely for his money, I will also not marry the loveliest guy I find if he cannot protect and provide for me and his future children to a reasonable expectation. Beyond all, I will not touch a man with a long pole, if he has no self initiated ambition, no prospects and depends on me to tell him what next to do.

Thank you for ur insight

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by sweetrace(f): 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2012
GHANA OGA:

poor people have broken homes too.Why not advise her on how to play smart with the rich man-get a job,savings,names on properties- rather than all this poor man talks.

There is no guarantee in this life.Even the poor boyfriend can leave her later once he gets rich...and then what?

For your info,rich people dont have time for all this long term courtship.They know what they want and they are ready to provide.They have nothing else to proof.
Get to know him for the four months,ask people about his character and if no red signs..GBAM.Go for it gal!!

Poor talk and rich talk? What on earth is that? Rich men don't have time to court a girl? Hmmm! Every guy that loves a girl and has any respect for her will take out time to show her irrespective of the size of his bank account. Unless you're marrying the money, then the quality of the man won't matter.
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Nobody: 3:08am On Nov 02, 2012
GHANA OGA: Go for the money!!

Money can and will make you happy.You just met the man,during these four months your love will grow.

Your poor three bedroom bungalow guy has not passed the fitness test yet to be a man.

Hey u can even use the richman's money to better his life later.

I just hate growing up poor and will never replace "MONEY" with "LOVE".Love is a hormonal thing.

Even in the animal kingdom the alpha male gets all the women.Who cares about love?

Pray and make sure you also have some good savings while leaving with the rich man and get a JOB!Do not be a housewife.Listen to your parents jor.

i refuse to believe this guy was serious when he typed this! grin
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by 190theclown: 3:21am On Nov 02, 2012
*Kails*:

i refuse to believe this guy was serious when he typed this! grin

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Satisfy Your Wife In Bed (rated 18+) / Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship / I Am The Only One Who Thinks Mrcork Is Not Funny?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.