Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. (14346 Views)

This Family Wants To Rent A Groomsman Fo Their Son's Wedding / Nobody In Her Family Wants Me Except Her / My Family Wants Me To breakup with My Fiancee For A Wealthy Older Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by septua: 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
Hi.i am young woman in my early 20s. I have been seeing a young man of 30 for about a year now and about 2 months ago he started talking about marriage plans although he hasn't proposed but i took that as one.

He has rented a 3 bedroom apartment and promised to take me to his parents towards the end of the year. Long story short we planned to get married next year.

I trust him although i fear he might disappoint me as he is still struggling. But 3 weeks ago my people called me home from were i was doing my service to meet a man that has come for my hand in marriage. The man is handsome and wealthy but he is 16 years older than me and that alone makes me uncomfortable. Plus i dont really like him.

we seem not to have much in common, But my mum and my aunty have been begging me to marry him as we are sort of going through financial breakdown and they see him as a kind of saviour. Plus my mums pastor says he has seen the marriage in vision before now.

The marriage will be done in less than 4 months if i say yes, And if i say no then i will have to wait for my man till mid next year.

So i ask please will you consider your family and go into the marriage or wait for your love.

1 Like

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by harvey(m): 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2012
Live your life away from all this men drama, you are almost done with service and you are young,are you scared of tomorrow? ignore all these proposals and as for your parents,they have to wait on you to start working for you to help meet their needs... add value to your life and don't let marriage be an escape route.

8 Likes

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Lolaabokoku(f): 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
septua: Hi.i am young woman in my early 20s. I hav been seeing a young man of 30 for abt a year now and about 2months ago he started talking about marriage plans although he hasnt proposed but i take dat as one.he has rented a 3 bedroom apartment and promised to take me to his parents by towards d end of d year. Long story short we pland to get married next year.i trust him although i fear he mite dissapoint as he is still struggling to his feet. But 3 weeks ago my piple called me home from were i was doin my service to meet a man dat has come for my hand in marriage. The man is handsome and wealthy but he is 16years older than me and dat alone makes me uncomfortable. Plus i dont rilly like him.we seem not to hav much in common. But my mum and my aunty has bin beggin me to marry him as we r sort of goin tru financial breakdown and dey see him as a kind of saviour.plus my mums pastor says he has seen the marriage in vision befor now. D marriage wil be done in less than 4months if i say yes. And if i say no then i wil hav to wait for my man til mid next yr. So i ask pls wil u consider your family and go into d marriage or wait for ur love.
Your parent will not stay with you in your husbands house, cos when a man & a woman has nothing in common so why d stress of marrying a suitor all because of your parents comfort? Be wise my dear, face your studies while waiting for your man & dont disappoint us by marrying an 'arugbo ojo' old man because of your parents financial needs.. Dont rush into marriage in order not to rush out. A word is enough for the wise

6 Likes

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Mynd44: 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2012
I will advice you to marry according to your heart. Don't ever marry because of financial problems cos there is no difference between that and prostitution

17 Likes

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by 190: 1:12am On Sep 06, 2012
WOW even Nigerian families too

Hmm. . . i bet that family must be undecided

1 Like

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Tedpgrass: 1:33am On Sep 06, 2012
septua: Hi.i am young woman in my early 20s. I hav been seeing a young man of 30 for abt a year now and about 2months ago he started talking about marriage plans although he hasnt proposed but i take dat as one.he has rented a 3 bedroom apartment and promised to take me to his parents by towards d end of d year. Long story short we pland to get married next year.i trust him although i fear he mite dissapoint as he is still struggling to his feet. But 3 weeks ago my piple called me home from were i was doin my service to meet a man dat has come for my hand in marriage. The man is handsome and wealthy but he is 16years older than me and dat alone makes me uncomfortable. Plus i dont rilly like him.we seem not to hav much in common. But my mum and my aunty has bin beggin me to marry him as we r sort of goin tru financial breakdown and dey see him as a kind of saviour.plus my mums pastor says he has seen the marriage in vision befor now. D marriage wil be done in less than 4months if i say yes. And if i say no then i wil hav to wait for my man til mid next yr. So i ask pls wil u consider your family and go into d marriage or wait for ur love.

Are you ready to be a martyr for your family??
Then go ahead with your parents wishes....
Otherwise stay with the one U love
Money will always come, as long as you're hardworking.

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by maclatunji: 8:53am On Sep 06, 2012

@bolded, don't tell me you are gullible enough to believe that? Don't marry for money. Why? Your relatives will enjoy the man's money and he will probably enjoy your body whilst you endure misery as he may not treat you with decency.

7 Likes

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Ranoscky(m): 9:02am On Sep 06, 2012
harvey: Live your life away from all this men drama, you are almost done with service and you are young,are you scared of tomorrow? ignore all these proposals and as for your parents,they have to wait on you to start working for you to help meet their needs... add value to your life and don't let marriage be an escape route.
Lobatan!
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by goofie: 9:27am On Sep 06, 2012
two years down the line after d initial lovey dovey, wedding extravagancy has died down, try to picture how ur life will be. will u hv rest of mind or will u be miserable? marriage isnt 5yrs, its supposd 2 be a lifetime contract. is he d one u wld want to sign dt contract with?

2 Likes

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by courage89(m): 4:10pm On Sep 06, 2012
"I don’t know what the key to success is, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone"

...This is your life, live it the way you choose and not the way of your family.

6 Likes

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 06, 2012
Next time you see your mother and Aunt ask them this question:

If i marry him now,when i don't love him because of money, what happens tomorrow when money finish undecided

Then come and tell me their answer undecided

7 Likes

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by DICKtator: 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2012
AmBeautiful:

If i marry him now,when i don't love him because of money, what happens tomorrow when money finish undecided

seconded.
Why are some parents this selfish??

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by DICKtator: 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2012
AmBeautiful:

seconded.
Why are some parents this selfish??
grin grin grin grin
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by swtchicgurl: 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2012
YOUR MARRIAGE SHOULD NOT BE A SOLUTION TO OTHER PEOPLES' PROBLEMS!

IT SHOULD NOT BE BASED ON SENTIMENTS NOR PITY!

MARRY THE MAN THAT LOVES YOU MORE. ABOVE ALL, PRAY!!!!

5 Likes

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by femmy2010(m): 4:42pm On Sep 06, 2012
Follow your heart not ur mum's or aunt's.
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 06, 2012
190: WOW even Nigerian families too

a lot of xters in NL grin grin grin
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by swtchicgurl: 4:42pm On Sep 06, 2012
DICKtator:

seconded.
Why would are some parents this selfish??
grin grin grin grin

IS THIS ENGLISH?! shocked

5 Likes

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 06, 2012
courage89: "I don’t know what the key to success is, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone"

...This is your life, live it the way you choose and not the way of your family.
True talk #proofthatmoneydontbuyhappiness
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Mynd44: 4:45pm On Sep 06, 2012
Just tell your mum or your aunt to marry the guy nah. Since its the money they want, it will solve the problem they have

1 Like

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by DICKtator: 4:49pm On Sep 06, 2012
swtchicgurl:

IS THIS ENGLISH?! shocked
grammatical blunder. i agree. oversight on my part
excuse my blunder!!!. hope you found it hilarious? gbaguan spotter!!!!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2012
my sister, marriage is for completenessm forget every other thing, if you dont see urself completing anyone then better dont think of marryin him.

its a normal thing for parents to advise base ontheir own feelings and reasoning, but the descision renmains solely yoursooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by Sike(m): 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2012
Na today!
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by unekwubaby: 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2012
190: WOW even Nigerian families too

gbam
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by unekwubaby: 4:59pm On Sep 06, 2012
[quote author=DICKtator]
grammatical blunder. i agree. oversight on my part
excuse my blunder!!!. hope you found it hilarious? gbaguan spotter!!!!

u are still on it again
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by fankasibe: 5:01pm On Sep 06, 2012
As a gud fwend of yas, me ganna advace ya ta keep dating da tu men secwitely, and also tway to callect mani fram dem regulaly.
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by lond07: 5:02pm On Sep 06, 2012
septua: Hi.i am young woman in my early 20s. I have been seeing a young man of 30 for about a year now and about 2 months ago he started talking about marriage plans although he hasn't proposed but i took that as one.

He has rented a 3 bedroom apartment and promised to take me to his parents towards the end of the year. Long story short we planned to get married next year.

I trust him although i fear he might disappoint me as he is still struggling. But 3 weeks ago my people called me home from were i was doing my service to meet a man that has come for my hand in marriage. The man is handsome and wealthy but he is 16 years older than me and that alone makes me uncomfortable. Plus i dont really like him.

we seem not to have much in common,
But my mum and my aunty have been begging me to marry him as we are sort of going through financial breakdown and they see him as a kind of saviour. Plus my mums pastor says he has seen the marriage in vision before now.

The marriage will be done in less than 4 months if i say yes, And if i say no then i will have to wait for my man till mid next year.

So i ask please will you consider your family and go into the marriage or wait for your love.
1. you have not explained why you feared he might disappoint you. Because he is still struggling does not add up. infact when he "arrives" tomorrow, he will forever cherish you that you went through the struggle with him.

2. You do not have much in common.......... you do not really like him. -- You have solved the riddle on your own.(1st answer) Please tell us how you will handle the stuff if the table turns around tomorrow such that The struggler hit the gold mine and the rich man ........??

3. Forget your pastor vision. It's a lie. Beside, your family is selling you into slavery.

You can deduce from all the replies the solution to the riddle. (2nd answer)

It's upto you

2 Likes

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by gawk: 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2012
i understand how uneasy u feel about the whole drama but the only one question is how do define your own love? is it love based on past happy memories of your current fiancee or qualities which u feel he has? the new man in the picture may also be likable later, so i will advise you to do a thorough background check on the new man and weigh the cost and benefit of your choice on the scale of future uncertainties
Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by dayokanu(m): 5:21pm On Sep 06, 2012
Tell your auntie or your mom to marry him since they love him so much

2 Likes

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by SamMilla1(m): 5:22pm On Sep 06, 2012
No need telling you more. Almost everyone here said the truth.

Someone cant just show up from nowhere with money and marry you.
Are you that daft?
I read about some guy from Anambra state who was apprehended by Police for kidnapping. This guy has a hotel in Aba, in Rivers and even in Ghana.
What if he had showed up in your house, do you think he would have told you that he was a kidnapper.

Now if you must marry the rich guy, tell him that the marriage will not hold in 4 months. Tell them you need two years. I said this because of the way you said the other guy is struggling. Someone who just rented a three bedroom flat is not struggling in Nigerian standard unless he borrowed the money.

4 Likes

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by ndcide(m): 5:22pm On Sep 06, 2012
if i say that the OP is not ready for marriage some persons will take it too far. go and develop yourself first. befor you get married you should be abel to hear from your God.(chi). you want to base your marital decision on the opinion of nairalanders? thats crazy.

that you date a guy does not make him the right person for you. poor or rich. may i ask, are you 100 percent sure the rich guy is not the right man for you? who says he cant be. are you 100percent sure the other guy won't change his mind about you in future?. leave nairaland alone and go on your knees and pray and stop this rubbish. you want to get married into another family blindfolded? or as blind as a bat? or from the opinion of strangers. Do you know your God?

Marriages are way-too complex that all psychological theories have failed. and people are failing every day. Go and pray seriously. if possible fast for days. and God will speak to you. don't be lazy. God is more interested in your marriage than you are interested in it. so ask him some how he'll speak and give you peace. whatever happens in future you'll be consoled you heard from God. All human reasoning have failed in issues of marriage. don't reason like the multitude coz you'll get what they get/have.

CIAO

13 Likes

Re: My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. by acidtalk: 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2012
Please go ahead and marry the RICH but warn your parents and family not to come and cry on nairaland when the man uses you for money rituals when he is becoming broke.

So many people are just too short sighted that's why more people are miserable in their marriages today than ever before.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: Flipping The Bad Boy Switch. / Why Is It That Huge/Muscular Guyz Have Smaller Di*ks? / How Long Should A Healthy Man Have Sex Before Cumming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.